I gave V3 a miss as I was so happy with the way 7B1 was performing (and still am). Just love the Large Voda .sfi for signal and temp. That's why I was asking about 7B2 coming out as I understood that it had been brewed and was undergoing testing.
    Shame that the new release seems to be a "hot .sfi"
    Never mind, provided RC8 will work with the large.714 then bring it on !!!
    Good news ! i have loaded .746 on my friends Bold and it works well with the large sfi (.714) and is giving good results, so i guess it would work with RC8 too
    V3 is good if not better than V2 and it runs 2-3degrees cooler than V2.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-26-12 07:32 AM
    Goodmorning Maxx71,

I agree with you all the way in regards to the new V3 Update, that its smooth and very fast in regards to browser surfing and its also holds the memory very good not to much leaking, and its also runs cooler on the MB and Chipset, and its all good...

Well, battery life thats a very good question, everyone is talking about battery life with all these Hybrid updates, (its very simple and it really has no impact on what OEM Original OS from Blackberry your running or what Hybrid patch/upgrade you do or go with, the over all time or life span of all these blackberry or apple or in general any smartphone is this fact, it all depends on how long you are using it if a person is surfing the www for hours or playing any game for hours its going to drain the battery real fast there is no other way to get around it, the science and engineering being all this latest batteries is told hold a charge for only normal use, not playing a game for hours or surfing the internet for hours in one sitting, these batteries will get warm and then hot after 30 to 60mins of hard use and when the temp gets high thats when these batteries start to empty and decline over all performence for all these smart phone units)

In other words if your going to be using these Blackberry Smart Phones for heavy use, I suggest you always have the power-supply always connected at all times ( if not your going to be looking into buying a new battery before you know it, it these batteries get over used and over loaded time after time, you will find that these batteries will not be holding a charge with heavy use, cuz the cells are starting to dry up from the over heating...

Back to the V3 AT&T i think its the one of the better Hybid ever built to this date!

Regards,
    Tom
    Hi Tom,
    I am glad you like the Hybrid but i guess your evil twin some days back had another opinion !!! lol

It is never a bad idea to appreciate some good work by some selfless individuals ( BL Team), they have really worked very hard to get these builds to us one after another and help us whenever we are in trouble and All of it for Free ! So glad you feel the same way.

As for your Tip on BB usage, thanks a ton for the advice......will keep that in mind.

Enjoy the BL Hybrid experience !
    10-26-12 07:50 AM
    can vouch for the 714 sfi running well on the 746 OS. Temp currently idling at 19c, what ive been used to. Signal is -77db
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-26-12 07:53 AM
    WhatsApp updated to version 2.8.6727, it seems to use less battery.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-26-12 10:16 AM
    WhatsApp updated to version 2.8.6727, it seems to use less battery.
    I haven't updated mine, and whatsapp has not draining my battery.....facebook was the one....
    10-26-12 10:19 AM
    V4 Ian, what on earth could you improve except to make it to work with another sfi ?????
    But then you prove me wrong everytime and i love it nonetheless

Bring it on, i am ready with .714 base and .694 base, whichever comes first will be on my device. lol
    For the Team cooking i already prepared base
    10-26-12 10:29 AM
    For the Team cooking i already prepared base
    Plus one on that.
    .746 and .714 ready and waiting to Hybridise !!!
    BoldAlways likes this.
    10-26-12 10:36 AM
    here you go. Porsche design theme

download straight through your bold browser.
    rroyy.com
    Thanks

Regards

Damian
    10-26-12 11:03 AM
    Have you found a solution yet? I have a similar problem - my 9900 does not recognize SD card anymore (I do not know the reason).
    well you can try, move all the data to your pc, then format the SD card in your pc first (if your blackberry can't detect it) then another format it on your blackberry. after that restore the data.

hopefully it could help you.
    Sator likes this.
    10-26-12 11:07 AM
    lol@LE,

Help me here did you install both of these oem os's one by one or did you copy over the .714 with the new .746?
    Are you using a Bold 9900?

Small or Large .714 sfi core file? (its seems to make no difference in my application the use of small or big in my case with Rogers Canada, and AT&T cuz Rogers is still switched by AT&T software within CISCO boards across Canada... the larger or small will not make too much of a diffence perhaps to other wireless networks with the US, or Abroad, Rogers is really funny and very temperamental in how this Rogers network runs and the RIM north zone server within Rogers and Rims backbone data transmission and gathering transmitors from the tower.

Let me know did you install both and waiting for the new Hybrid update or did you copy the entire works over to the .746 loader files...

Thanks,
    Tom
    Both fresh installs, gives me the option of which base to use when RC8 drops. Will unintstall the one I dont end up using
    Whichever base I use it will have the .714 large .sfi
    This works very well on Voda UK in terms of both signal and temp
    AT&T .694 .sfi runs hot and does not have the best of signals on my network so the AT&T Specials are not the best BL builds for me.
    10-26-12 11:08 AM
    I would like some help here as I'm a hybrid noob. So I will be happy if someone would take the time to answer a few questions?

1. I have currently installed 7.1.0.746 and was wondering which one I should download from the first post?

2. When downloaded the correct file from the first post, I will have to replace the files in this folder with the downloaded ones?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900M_v7.1.0.746_P5.1.0.546

3. Then I should just hook up my BB9900 to the Blackberry Desktop Software and hopefully DS will say theres an update available? Maybe do a backup and security wipe first?
    10-26-12 12:30 PM
    I would like some help here as I'm a hybrid noob. So I will be happy if someone would take the time to answer a few questions?

1. I have currently installed 7.1.0.746 and was wondering which one I should download from the first post?

2. When downloaded the correct file from the first post, I will have to replace the files in this folder with the downloaded ones?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900M_v7.1.0.746_P5.1.0.546

3. Then I should just hook up my BB9900 to the Blackberry Desktop Software and hopefully DS will say theres an update available? Maybe do a backup and security wipe first?
    If you want to use .746 as a base then I would hang fire for a couple of days.

RC8 is currently under construction/test and will certainly be compatible with .746.

RC7B1 which is currently the latest available release is optimised for .714 base OS so if you want to install now go for that option with the Vodafone .714 as a base as that .sfi seems to be the best performer to date.

A device wipe with BBSAK or BBH is advised prior to installation and you should of course do a full back up prior to wiping.

You copy and paste (overwrite) the Java files from the Hybrid Zip into the Java Folder in the base OS, shrink to taste and install.
    10-26-12 12:36 PM
    Thanks for the fast reply. That seems pretty straight forward. I guess I will wait for the RC8. .746 performs pretty well in my mind but have never tried a hybrid, s� have nothing to compare it with.

If I went with the current hybrid and .714, does it matter that my phone isn't a Vodafone specific/branded phone and that I'm on a different network/carrier?

Thanks !
    10-26-12 12:52 PM
    Whichever base I use it will have the .714 large .sfi
    This works very well on Voda UK in terms of both signal and temp
    I'm currently roaming on voda uk running the small .714 sfi, getting under 20 c temp idling. Was just on a long call and temp only went to 23 c. The small .714 sfi has never run hot for me.
    10-26-12 01:01 PM
    I'm currently roaming on voda uk running the small .714 sfi, getting under 20 c temp idling. Was just on a long call and temp only went to 23 c. The small .714 sfi has never run hot for me.
    Never said that it ran overly hot, just that the signal on the larger .sfi is stronger and more stable than the small .sfi on my network.
    10-26-12 01:04 PM
    I have a weird problem now.

1. Downloaded .746 and installed it on PC.
    2. Deleted Vendor.xml file.
    3. Didn't want to shrink it so no BBHTools.
    4. Did a Full Backup using DM.
    5. Update on DM doesn't recognize the new .746 OS.
    6. Tried AppLoader and also doesn't recognize the new .746 OS.
    7. Ran vendelete and its clean.
    8. Still neither DM nor AppLoader recognize the new OS.
    9. Uninstalled .746 OS and DM.
    10. Ran CC Cleaner.
    11. Re-boot and re-installed DM, followed by .746 OS.
    12. Manually deleted Vendor.xml
    13. Still doesn't recognize new OS.

Now - I am truly harassed ...

Used windows search to look for any vendor.xml but no trace. Ran vendelete and no trace.

Dunno what to do now. Gosh, am sooooo pi$$ed off ...

jus' wondering where the F**k is ThaT sneaky Vendor.file sitting on the PC
    any ideas guys ??
    10-26-12 03:38 PM
    yahooooooo........... Bingo !! Got da Ba$**** ...

Moving to Plain Vanilla .746 w/o shrink from RC-7B1 + .714 Lrg.

i tell ya dis vendor thingee can be a pain in da @$$
    10-26-12 04:03 PM
    Thnanks. Worked a treat.
    10-26-12 08:48 PM
    can somebody make a nice step by step tutorial how to install hybrid os with what file to download with the latest os available?im currently using Bb9900 with 7.1 Bundle 1646(v7.1.0.523,platform 5.1.0.393)
    10-27-12 02:28 AM
    can somebody make a nice step by step tutorial how to install hybrid os with what file to download with the latest os available?im currently using Bb9900 with 7.1 Bundle 1646(v7.1.0.523,platform 5.1.0.393)
    Try using your eyes, this thread was only about 6 down from the one you posted in !!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...hybrid-750854/
    sheldonbk likes this.
    10-27-12 03:31 AM
    pls forgive me...im a newbie here...just asking for nice tutorial...
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-27-12 06:49 AM
    Thanks for the fast reply. That seems pretty straight forward. I guess I will wait for the RC8. .746 performs pretty well in my mind but have never tried a hybrid, s� have nothing to compare it with.

If I went with the current hybrid and .714, does it matter that my phone isn't a Vodafone specific/branded phone and that I'm on a different network/carrier?

Thanks !
    As long as you delete the Vendor.xml files you can use any carriers OS on your phone. Your own network makes no difference in that respect. It is a matter of trial an error though as some .sfil files work better for some carriers than others, but as far as I can recall I have not seen any adverse report about the Voda .714 at all.
    10-27-12 07:05 AM
    Patiently waiting for RC8

It's always good to have a weekend install !!!

How's it going guys ???
    10-27-12 07:28 AM
    Well, as long as RC8 doesn't use .746 sfi. This thing runs hot--I haven't seen a temp below 26C. With my normal use, temps have been 28-33C range.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dkgip; 10-27-12 at 07:54 AM.
    10-27-12 07:44 AM
    Well, as long as RC8 doesn't use .746 sfi. This thing runs hot--I haven't seen a temp below 26C. With my normal use, temps have been 28-33C range.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    .746 does run OK with the .714 .sfi, so if the high temparature is an issue for you give that combo a try.
    10-27-12 07:56 AM
10,888 ... 227228229230231 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD