@explorertml. Of course you're entitled to your opinion but this thread is 99% visited and remains so incredibly well liked (over 2,600 likes) because the Berrylicious team is working hard to improve the experience of the people who like the thread and the hybrid OS's shared here by very dedicated #TeamBlackBerry. They aren't saying BlackBerry is bad, just that they want to help improve the experience for all of us. They aren't charging any money for their countless hours of work. I personally am a huge fan and have found that their hybrids have vastly improved the performance of my Rogers 9900. The negative pissing contest that you're trying to start has occurred in the past and resulted in CB setting rules for hybrid and other posts. I suggest that if you want to only install official Rogers OS's, that we'll all give you credit for exercising your freedom of choice and that you also consider that we will also excersise our choice.
    Sator, Legal Eagle, maxx71 and 4 others like this.
    10-22-12 10:59 PM
    barbarianthemadserb I hope your BB gets Bricked and that your BB locks up and...
    Really dude? With that kind of attitude you really don't belong on this forum. No one is putting a gun to your head telling you to try a hybrid. Everyone here helps everyone else, the support here is better than all the carriers + RIM put together...

Go talk trash elsewhere

/nonsense

Soooo, about this RC7b2......
    sheldonbk, Sator, ReBeL25 and 3 others like this.
    10-22-12 11:07 PM
    Hi Folks. I'm assuming that having Battery Saving Mode enabled is recommended. What does everyone recommend to use for the battery power threshold? Thanks in advance for your responses!
    10-23-12 12:41 AM
    playing around now with the .569 sfi and RC7B1, am happy with the .523 sfi but after annoying lagged with the .569 for around 4 hours with the data sync, there is no memory leaked for this past 5 hours!! ADR still around 4-5% and I saw better boot up time and wifi connection with this .569. Happy to see that this hybrid is going well with the .5XX sfi

Thanks BL team!
    Sator and will_chrome like this.
    10-23-12 01:58 AM
    playing around now with the .569 sfi and RC7B1, am happy with the .523 sfi but after annoying lagged with the .569 for around 4 hours with the data sync, there is no memory leaked for this past 5 hours!! ADR still around 4-5% and I saw better boot up time and wifi connection with this .569. Happy to see that this hybrid is going well with the .5XX sfi

Thanks BL team!
    hahahaha same thing happened with me yesterday. try to load with 569. succeeded, but yes, the data sync to hours and got lots of lag and freeze. I thought it couldn't work, so move back to 658 .sfi.

the best mix that works for me so far. waiting for RC7B2 to show up.
    10-23-12 02:27 AM
    Hi I am having problem with rc7b1 I installed yesterday. Its the browser that is not taking my login. I am trying to login with my google account but it just returns back to same login page. Same login works in opera. Can someone point me to a solution please.
    10-23-12 02:30 AM
    hahahaha same thing happened with me yesterday. try to load with 569. succeeded, but yes, the data sync to hours and got lots of lag and freeze. I thought it couldn't work, so move back to 658 .sfi.

the best mix that works for me so far. waiting for RC7B2 to show up.
    Patience is the trick Will
    10-23-12 02:30 AM
    Hi Folks. I'm assuming that having Battery Saving Mode enabled is recommended. What does everyone recommend to use for the battery power threshold? Thanks in advance for your responses! .
    I assume the Battery Saving Mode tends to relate to the settings of the display such as brightness and screen dim time out, if so, then if your settings are already on the lowest possible to conserve battery, then this mode even turned may not do much at all..thats just from my understanding
    10-23-12 02:40 AM
    Hi Folks. I'm assuming that having Battery Saving Mode enabled is recommended. What does everyone recommend to use for the battery power threshold? Thanks in advance for your responses!
    I assume the Battery Saving Mode tends to relate to the settings of the display such as brightness and screen dim time out, if so, then if your settings are already on the lowest possible to conserve battery, then this mode even turned may not do much at all..thats just from my understanding
    @Zavar
    I agree with Mikeys.. 'cause as far as I know battery saving mode only changed your brightness and time out to min (in this case 10%). so if you already using lowest setting, it might won't do much for your battery.

Hi I am having problem with rc7b1 I installed yesterday. Its the browser that is not taking my login. I am trying to login with my google account but it just returns back to same login page. Same login works in opera. Can someone point me to a solution please.
    @chaihg
    Maybe you're having bad load, considering your story yesterday when you have difficulty in loading it. just try wipe and reload again.

Patience is the trick Will
    @clie
    Bit scared with all the lag & freeze mate and the hot temp for the first couple hours. Also after reading ifraser explanation, that RC7B1 is made to adjust with 714 or 658. I thought that using os lower than that won't maximize RC7B1 performance.

but still curios what result will come up with RC7B1 + 523/569. let us all now the result ok. who knows I'll try it with the upcoming RC7B2 LoL
    Last edited by will_chrome; 10-23-12 at 04:24 AM.
    10-23-12 03:28 AM
    @ clie610
    @ will_chrome

Since we have the same carrier (T-sel), I recommend you guys to use .658 or .714 Vodafone UK. SFI for RC7B1, if you guys experiencing low signal during settling in time, don't worry just do a SOFT reboot (Not a batt. pull) and it will bring the signal strength back.

AT&T V3 is gonna be released today (U.K Time), and Ifraser will tell you guys when the file is ready...
    RC7B2 is being tested now and it takes a few days before Zocs and Ifraser release it, hopefully it will be released this weekend or sooner...
    maxx71, will_chrome and clie610 like this.
    10-23-12 05:15 AM
    @ clie610
    @ will_chrome

Since we have the same carrier (T-sel), I recommend you guys to use .658 or .714 Vodafone UK. SFI for RC7B1, if you guys experiencing low signal during settling in time, don't worry just do a SOFT reboot (Not a batt. pull) and it will bring the signal strength back.

AT&T V3 is gonna be released today (U.K Time), and Ifraser will tell you guys when the file is ready...
    RC7B2 is being tested now and it takes a few days before Zocs and Ifraser release it, hopefully it will be released this weekend or sooner...
    thanks for the advice mate. yup, I'm stick with 658 for RC7B1, had tried 714 Voda UK, the temp bit hot, it can reach over than 31c (3G), and stuck at 23c (2G).

bit notice that booting time is fast but not as fast as previous BL.

crossing finger here, just take your time guys. we all BL lover waiting patiently.
    10-23-12 05:24 AM
    @clie
    Bit scared with all the lag & freeze mate and the hot temp for the first couple hours. Also after reading ifraser explanation, that RC7B1 is made to adjust with 714 or 658. I thought that using os lower than that won't maximize RC7B1 performance.

but still curios what result will come up with RC7B1 + 523/569. let us all now the result ok. who knows I'll try it with the upcoming RC7B2 LoL
    been using the .523 for 2 days and now using the .569 for around 24 hours, the difference that I got that I didn't get from the ..6xx and 7xx sfi was the low temp and better memory leak. however, this is the first time that I have my system without almost none memory leak (20 hrs with only1.1mb!!) previously I always have more than 30-40mb memory leak for this duration with any installed OS and SFI. This is the list of 3rd apps that I'm using :
    - facebook
    - twitter
    - yahoo messenger
    - mobile bartender
    - nux radio
    - cbp call blocker
    - sms backup
    - berry light
    - time span
    - file scout
    - gempa loka
    - meterberry
    - controlbbanel

(trying to load capture of meterberry, don't know why I can't do it here)
    will_chrome and Sator like this.
    10-23-12 05:36 AM
    Thanks Sator for the info of AT&Tv3.
    Would like to know what are the improvements made vis-a-vis V2 ?
    I am presently using RC7b with voda .714, would you reccomend V3 for me ?
    10-23-12 05:36 AM
    been using the .523 for 2 days and now using the .569 for around 24 hours, the difference that I got that I didn't get from the ..6xx and 7xx sfi was the low temp and better memory leak. however, this is the first time that I have my system without almost none memory leak (20 hrs with only1.1mb!!) previously I always have more than 30-40mb memory leak for this duration with any installed OS and SFI. This is the list of 3rd apps that I'm using :
    - facebook
    - twitter
    - yahoo messenger
    - mobile bartender
    - nux radio
    - cbp call blocker
    - sms backup
    - berry light
    - time span
    - file scout
    - gempa loka
    - meterberry
    - controlbbanel

(trying to load capture of meterberry, don't know why I can't do it here)
    how about the smoothness and speed? guess I'll need strong wi-fi if I want to try 5xx .sfi so won't take hours to sync data. I've got good temp myself with 658.
    10-23-12 05:43 AM
    Wow, temp (just idling and not doing much) is at about 19'C on my BB9900 (.714 OS with sfi that came with it and RC7B1). But, I developed a cramp with my left finger (I think due to accessive hitting of the "F5" key. hahahaha.) I think now I will try to be more patient waiting. You did it BL team! If you did not do such a great job on these BL hybrids then I would not have this problem of cramped finger and lack of patience. hahahahah. Only kidding guys. I will not go back to stock OS's after discovering BL hybrids! Thanks for your hard work BL team. I gotta admit also that this particular thread has been great as everyone has been helping everyone. Very informative and friendly thread.
    Now, about when did ya say RCB2 was coming out...........
    10-23-12 05:48 AM
    Wow, temp (just idling and not doing much) is at about 19'C on my BB9900 (.714 OS with sfi that came with it and RC7B1). But, I developed a cramp with my left finger (I think due to accessive hitting of the "F5" key. hahahaha.) I think now I will try to be more patient waiting. You did it BL team! If you did not do such a great job on these BL hybrids then I would not have this problem of cramped finger and lack of patience. hahahahah. Only kidding guys. I will not go back to stock OS's after discovering BL hybrids! Thanks for your hard work BL team. I gotta admit also that this particular thread has been great as everyone has been helping everyone. Very informative and friendly thread.
    Now, about when did ya say RCB2 was coming out...........
    10-23-12 05:48 AM
    Thanks Sator for the info of AT&Tv3.
    Would like to know what are the improvements made vis-a-vis V2 ?
    I am presently using RC7b with voda .714, would you reccomend V3 for me ?
    It's very tough decision Maxx, V3 is as fast as B1 or maybe a tad faster...lol, If you have great results and a cooler temp with RC7B1, it's better for you to wait for the RC7B2. V3 is made so that at&t users with the Mic issue also can enjoy a build that match with RC7B1 perfomance.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    maxx71 and deezy87 like this.
    10-23-12 05:55 AM
    how about the smoothness and speed? guess I'll need strong wi-fi if I want to try 5xx .sfi so won't take hours to sync data. I've got good temp myself with 658.
    smoothness and speed I feel the same like the other SFI using RC7B, we don't have any indicator to rate this. Tell you again the first 4 hours with the lagged and freeze was really annoying, but after that no problem at all. I think it is worth it for me so that finally I can have the first experience of having no memory leak
    Let's see how this goes for the next 2 days until we have RC7B2 in hand
    will_chrome and Sator like this.
    10-23-12 06:02 AM
    Guuuyyys, please help me, I'm so close now, downloaded the newest os 714, and downloaded the rc7B1. What should i do now? Where to place the rc7b1?? Should i just copy that whole beta thing?
    10-23-12 06:26 AM
    Re-installed RC7B1 yesterday. This time over VodaUK .714 and what a difference. Boot time is less than a minute, BRD is under 3. I know it's early but I expect it to only get better.

Thanks to Slayohslay and Legal Eagle for the recommendation.
    10-23-12 06:32 AM
    Can someone help me??
    10-23-12 06:42 AM
    10-23-12 06:51 AM
    my question is, how do i copy the rc7b1 file and where? that's my only problem
    10-23-12 06:54 AM
    and the biggest problem is where should i drop it?
    10-23-12 06:55 AM
    Just select all and right click copy? Paste it inside your Java folder. This Java folder you can find it inside your base os which is .714 that you already downloaded and install? Please try and read the installation guide somewhere here on cb forum before you asked lol. There is alot of people already post on how to install step by step
    10-23-12 06:56 AM
10,888 ... 221222223224225 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD