Is there a way that I can have all the original fonts back? I didn't shrink out the fonts but yet I'm missing some of the fonts.. TIA.. Btw, your hybrid rocks!!
    10-22-12 12:44 PM
    Yes Damianiw, that is what I did. On my computer located the folder that had the Java C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900M_v7.1.0.342_P5.1.0.276 and just replaced it with the folder given in RC7B1. Then went into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and clicked apploader.exe. As simple as that.
    PS: I panicked about the battery running out and then got back to original OS using DM. Now it has booted and working fine. Just that loading hybrid was a flop
    10-22-12 12:59 PM
    Yes Damianiw, that is what I did. On my computer located the folder that had the Java C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900M_v7.1.0.342_P5.1.0.276 and just replaced it with the folder given in RC7B1. Then went into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and clicked apploader.exe. As simple as that.
    PS: I panicked about the battery running out and then got back to original OS using DM. Now it has booted and working fine. Just that loading hybrid was a flop
    Did you make sure that you agreed to overwrite the base OS Java files with the ones from the Hybdid Zip ???

You don't just replace one with the other.
    10-22-12 01:01 PM
    What device exactly do you have?

Yes that is what I did. But I did not shrink or do anything else. Just copy pasted the JAVA folder and then clicked Apploader.exe. Is shrinking that necessary that it will brick my device?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    10-22-12 01:16 PM
    Select the content of the b1 folder copy, then paste to the java folder.

No one else getting errors.

BerryLicio.us
    chaihg likes this.
    10-22-12 01:18 PM
    Yes Legal Eagle, I agreed to replacing some 400 items I think. Zocster, I have a bold 9900.
    10-22-12 01:19 PM
    I think the fonts issue was covered a few pages back, I'm missing the porsche theme now any way I can get it back

Regards

Damian
    10-22-12 01:25 PM
    if I ain't mistaken. error 602 happen if the sfi didn't match with java.

cause it happens to me when i try to reload RC7B1 with 694 .sfi.
    10-22-12 01:32 PM
    Omg, after all the drama I had on deciding which one to install, here I am with the OS ready to go..and apploader keeps crashing

Any suggestions? I've rebooted pc, and still doing it. Tried a backup restore point one, and same thing. Stops responding at the reconnecting JVM process on the first screen.
    UGH.
    10-22-12 02:13 PM
    I think the fonts issue was covered a few pages back, I'm missing the porsche theme now any way I can get it back

Regards

Damian
    You can get it here:

Twitter Notification

OS 7.0.x rroyy.com
    OS 7.1.x rroyy.com
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-22-12 02:23 PM
    Just got a handful of people willing to give the BL hybrid a shot! Gave em a brief walkthrough, as to how to load with no fuss
    sheldonbk likes this.
    10-22-12 02:49 PM
    Hmmm... Did you try to install the hybrid over 9900M_v7.1.0.342_P5.1.0.276 ? Or over a fresh install of .714?
    10-22-12 03:08 PM
    Hi BoldAlways,

Over .714 and both versions from UK and the Super Dupper one from Serbia, and i really find the 9900jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1310_PL5.1.0.319_A7.1.0.3 91_Rogers_Wireless_Inc to be better in every aspect...

Tom
    Hi Tom,
    I was replying to Chaihg, sorry about the confusion... I do not agree with you, but you must use what is best for you. And that is one of beauty things of trying different builds I would give more time to builds to prove their value....
    10-22-12 03:23 PM
    Hmmm... My only suggestion would be... Give any hybrid time to setle.
    Sator and maxx71 like this.
    10-22-12 03:39 PM
    Ah finally managed to install the hybrid for the first time after 2 time bricking my device. Can anyone tell me how can I make out if the build is a hybrid that I have installed? It says 7.1 bundle 1909 v7.1.0.714 platform 5.1.0.532.
    I thought it will look different as in android roms. But it looks the same as stock OS so its difficult to make out if I installed it or not.
    cheers
    10-22-12 04:38 PM
    Thanks Zocster. I had a 714 which was running well. Thought I will load a hybrid for the first time. So downloaded the RC7B1 and replaced the java folder. Downloaded the BBSK tool and backed up my apps and then wiped it. It gave a 507 error. Then I began to load the hybrid by clicking the apploaded.exe in the installed OS. Now it boots up to 602 error with a white screen and a reset onscreen button. What to do?
    Thanks in advance
    So u replaced the java folder, rather than overwriting which is our instructions.

You still need some of the original files from the base OS for a proper load.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    10-22-12 04:49 PM
    Ah finally managed to install the hybrid for the first time after 2 time bricking my device. Can anyone tell me how can I make out if the build is a hybrid that I have installed? It says 7.1 bundle 1909 v7.1.0.714 platform 5.1.0.532.
    I thought it will look different as in android roms. But it looks the same as stock OS so its difficult to make out if I installed it or not.
    cheers
    That is the right OS and app version so you have loaded ok.

The value of the OS is in the running so its impossible to say it will show its value until you start using it.

Performance, battery life and signal lock should all be improved with the hybrid mix.

Can I also stress, reading back on your comments please do not install the hybrid over 7.1.0.342 as it really will not like the OS files.

As many have said please use fresh 7.1.0.714 or 658.

maxx71 and chaihg like this.
    10-22-12 04:51 PM
    Thanks ifraser. Thanks for all the help and for giving this fantastic hybrid. I will do more research and come back to post some thoughts.
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-22-12 04:56 PM
    if I ain't mistaken. error 602 happen if the sfi didn't match with java.

cause it happens to me when i try to reload RC7B1 with 694 .sfi.
    I experienced app error 602 when I updated some apps after I installed the recent app world beta. My phone has basically original 7.1.0.714 so no chance the sfi and java aren't compatible. The problem only happened once, never again.
    10-22-12 05:11 PM
    Did u try replacing the Beta app world with the full release?

http://www.blackberry.com/appworld

This might solve the issue, if not use an offline installer.
    Like:

Rroyy.com

I have reinstalled my phone 6 times over the. Weekend and appworld has worked ok every time.

10-22-12 05:32 PM
    cheers
    Yes you have installed the hybrid (7.1 bundle 1909), go to options>device>app. Management>click  >modules and you'll see 714, 658, 694, 469 cods

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-22-12 06:39 PM
    Good Afternoon Everyone,

All the weekend I installed and uninstalled every Hybrid possible, and all the required oem standards OS's from .658 to .714 and for a Blackberry Bold 9900 from Rogers Wireless Canada and i just got problems and problems one after another...

Regards,
    Tom
    Tom, a hybrid requires a settling in period. Deciding this after one weekend is insane.

Installed CORRECTLY the hybrid is better.

BerryLicio.us
    SheeB, Sator and maxx71 like this.
    10-22-12 07:10 PM
    iFraser, seems you already have RC7B2? How is it compare to B1? When is it likely to be released?

Did u try replacing the Beta app world with the full release?

BlackBerry App World

This might solve the issue, if not use an offline installer.
    Like:

Rroyy.com

I have reinstalled my phone 6 times over the. Weekend and appworld has worked ok every time.

10-22-12 07:16 PM
    hmmm. I smell a troll!
    10-22-12 07:24 PM
    Hi there,

And no worries, it was my quick oversight i see that now that your question was not for me, sorry about that BoldAlways...

And for sure i agree with you in regards in what OS works better for each user...

I am open for any tips or any suggestions i installed everyone in this Hydrid section and only found that the Rogers .391 only Rocks for this current Bold 9900...

Regards,
    Tom
    I'm on Rogers as well using RC6B2 with .658 sfi and it's performing very well AFTER settling in which was 2-3 days if I recall correctly. Either way, as mentioned, a hybrid will outperform a stock carrier software install which is why I have been running these hybrids pretty much since I got my 9900 from Rogers
    Sator likes this.
    10-22-12 07:45 PM
10,888 ... 220221222223224 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD