Update to 7.1 Bundle 2061?
    1st day of testing
    10-22-12 04:57 AM
    Using a different base file doesnt always make different results, the SFI/radio files can do, as we are seeing but
    not always a huge one.

If anyone os ever looking for an official OS just google "blackberry carrier downloads" this will take you too the official page.

Loader connecting, yes, this allows you to connect to the device at a low level if you catch it quick enough.
    I see. thanks for the answer mate.

if we use sfi lower than 658. it might give us better battery life, since our bb won't work max like we use 658 or 714, am I right?

about the loader connecting. if we want to try, it means we don't have to wipe our bb first right?
    10-22-12 05:11 AM

if we use sfi lower than 658. it might give us better battery life, since our bb won't work max like we use 658 or 714, am I right?

about the loader connecting. if we want to try, it means we don't have to wipe our bb first right?
    the loader.exe should still connect..i would advise to still wipe before..unless you do wanna try it and see if itll connect with the os first
    then proceed to wipe your bb and reconnect again
    ifraser and will_chrome like this.
    10-22-12 05:31 AM
    Ten pages? I�ve been away for a week... that�s a LOT of reading
    You would never guess it was monday morning and I am catching up with about 10 pages of the posts that I have missed.

This week we should have:

new ATT mix v3 is almost ready for release

RC7 B2 - possibly! in development, although there is not a huge amount that can be improved without a new OS release.
    ifraser likes this.
    10-22-12 05:58 AM
    the loader.exe should still connect..i would advise to still wipe before..unless you do wanna try it and see if itll connect with the os first
    then proceed to wipe your bb and reconnect again
    Hmm... I believe Will was asking something different... Even with this way of connecting wipe is still advised.
    ifraser and will_chrome like this.
    10-22-12 06:00 AM

Yes, you do still require to wipe your handset before loading, Personally I just find the loading of the OS
    goes battery connecting this early on the phones boot cycle.
    10-22-12 06:05 AM
    Hi All,

Day 2 on RC7b and post the battery pull schedule OS performance is " As Good As it Gets".
    Adr post heavy usage is 3.66 and everything is fast and snappy as usual.
    Biggest plus for me has been the signal strenght, today i saw -47dbm which is unbelieveable and for those who don't believe me here is the screenshot of my homescreen :
    BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid for most OS 7.1 devices-s12_10_22__12_09_43.jpg
    Sator and BoldAlways like this.
    10-22-12 07:07 AM
    Hi All,

Day 2 on RC7b and post the battery pull schedule OS performance is " As Good As it Gets".
    Biggest plus for me has been the signal strenght, today i saw -47dbm which is unbelieveable and for those who don't believe me here is the screenshot of my homescreen :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s12_10_22__12_09_43.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	123572
    Wow! -47dbm? What was your typical signal strength before this build? (The best I've ever had was a -52dbm on an early 7.0 build. Since going to any 7.1 or BL hybrid, the best I've achieved is a -77dbm.)
    10-22-12 07:59 AM
    Hi All,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s12_10_22__12_09_43.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	123572
    Hmm, with EDGE somemore, pretty awesome. The best i can get with my 3G, full bar is only -77dbm
    10-22-12 08:07 AM
    Wow! -47dbm? What was your typical signal strength before this build? (The best I've ever had was a -52dbm on an early 7.0 build. Since going to any 7.1 or BL hybrid, the best I've achieved is a -77dbm.)
    With earlier BL builds the best i got was -72dbm ( AT&Tv1) and with the RC's the best was with RC6b2 (-75dbm) .
    This build has pleasently surprised me in this particular area and the fact that it runs pretty cool as well is an added advantage to get the best ADr till date post heavy usage !
    BoldAlways likes this.
    10-22-12 08:11 AM
    Hmm, with EDGE somemore, pretty awesome. The best i can get with my 3G, full bar is only -77dbm
    Hi Slay,
    I really don't know if the bigger sfi has helped in doing that but the fact remains for most of the time it hovers around -62dbm to -47dbm which is Awesome and i can confirm the Voda tech team has made no changes to the tower settings as yet !
    Today is the 2nd day on 7b and i can safely say that it has settled down on my device ( and i have received no email to that context as well)
    BoldAlways likes this.
    10-22-12 08:16 AM
    Hi Slay,
    I really don't know if the bigger sfi has helped in doing that but the fact remains for most of the time it hovers around -62dbm to -47dbm which is Awesome and i can confirm the Voda tech team has made no changes to the tower settings as yet !
    Today is the 2nd day on 7b and i can safely say that it has settled down on my device ( and i have received no email to that context as well)
    Well, tbh, i already tried all the sfi's which is from early 5** until the .714 large sfi, IMO, the .714 large sfi is better than any others. The signal strenght that i got inside my house is higher, better. Compared to .523 till normal .714
    maxx71 and BoldAlways like this.
    10-22-12 08:21 AM
    So, in mean time, i will definetely stick to the .714 bigger sfi. Thanks alot to PhillUK. I usually gets 2 - 3, 3G signals when im in the living room, but now with the new sfi, im getting 3 - 5 constantly! Sometime only the strenght is lower than that. Cheers! Really happy with the results im getting now with the new sfi
    maxx71, Legal Eagle and BoldAlways like this.
    10-22-12 08:23 AM
    How many different .714 versions are there and which one is the recommended one to use?
    10-22-12 08:37 AM
    Curve 9360 only has 523, 569, 649, and 714.
    Dared to try 523 because it was working fine back when I was using RC5B.
    Working fine so far. Will again post updates after a few days...

really! you went from 724 to 523, why??

If I was going to step back I would have used 658, or even the ATT 694 mix.
    10-22-12 08:40 AM
    So far, no issue with data signal or performance. Will try out higher sfi's in case it goes bad later.
    Will again post update after several days.

Just remember we did not develop the Hybrid to use that sfi so your results may be good or bad. But good on you for trying it out.

The 714 sfi is good because it is fast so that would explain your slightly higher temps. You may
    not see the smoothness that we for using the 714 sfi.
    10-22-12 08:42 AM
    How many different .714 versions are there and which one is the recommended one to use?
    Not sure, but the one from Voda UK is the one with the larger sfi size. If im not mistaken, the multilang is the small one, and jlang(something like that) is the bigger one. Correct me if im wrong
    eds817 likes this.
    10-22-12 08:44 AM
    Not sure, but the one from Voda UK is the one with the larger sfi size. If im not mistaken, the multilang is the small one, and jlang(something like that) is the bigger one. Correct me if im wrong
    No correction necessary, spot on as always.
    10-22-12 08:46 AM
    Where can I get a copy of the Voda UK version?
    10-22-12 08:50 AM
    Where can I get a copy of the Voda UK version?
    Just google around and you'll find one.

Here you go, and one more thing, the download speed is kinda slow. I dont know wether im the only one gets the slowpoke download speed for this OS or same like the rest

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...one-uk-748999/
    eds817 likes this.
    10-22-12 08:52 AM
    No correction necessary, spot on as always.
    I know, just humbling around lol kidding!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-22-12 08:53 AM
    Got it. Thank you.
    10-22-12 08:56 AM
    Got it. Thank you.
    You're welcome.
    10-22-12 08:57 AM
    here BB official page with links to many mobile operators OS download pages

BlackBerry - Desktop & Device Software Download Sites for BlackBerry users - US
    eds817 likes this.
    10-22-12 09:03 AM
    well, after a busy week, wiping device and getting something new on my Bold, in sfi terms because it�s been a week with the same BL hybrid - 7B1 (I can�t remenber the last time i was one week with the same ). Results with M sfi were excellent (always around 2% adr and close to zero memory lost) but as we all do here just trying to get the excellent even better
    I can see that this is going to be a good week (two new builds on their way ) and a new OS to play
    maxx71 and sheldonbk like this.
    10-22-12 09:32 AM
10,888 ... 218219220221222 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD