This RC build with the Large Voda UK os & sfi is jus' ... ROCKIN' ...

Cant find a single reason to complain ...

BL Guys along with Phill leading the voda uk race have shown how good BB os7 devices can be. I'm jus' an user playing all the rulez & enjoyin' it to the hilt.

Thanks to all for making this a super success (ofcourse network related)

Sator and Legal Eagle like this.
    10-21-12 12:13 PM
    I also have to say this abt the 7b1 + Lrg 714 os/sfi combo ... the signal lock is such a solid "drift-free one" that it sure makes the phn work a helluva lot less harder while the user enjoys superb voicecalls clarity, excellent send/receive of emails and most noticeable is when sending pics over BBM. Just moves in a flash. Browsing as always is lightning fast.

complains ... ZILCH ...

Its my BEST Hybrid experience so far ... undoubtedly ... comes MOST Recommended (provided your network loves the sfi ... )
    Sator, Legal Eagle and zocster like this.
    10-21-12 12:23 PM
    Pssst. How is the RC7B2 going? I aint heard nuttin yet? lol.
    I have installed Voda 9900 with larger sfi and just awaiting on my pc.
    Also installed the one for BB9790 on my pc but noticed that the sfi on the Voda OS is the really small one . Can I assume that I cannot install the larger sfi from the 9900 to the 9790?
    10-21-12 05:20 PM
    you can use 9790jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2039_PL9.16.0.158_A7.1.0. 714_Orange_UK (larger sfi)
    10-21-12 05:36 PM
    so far my 9790 + RC7B1 with larger sfi : more responsive,signal more stable,cooler temperatures and browser faster than before.
    10-21-12 05:48 PM
    Download and install base .714 OS
    Download RC7B1 and unzip
    Copy Java Files from zip and paste into base OS Java Folder making sure to agree to overwrite the existing files
    If you are on 9900 go to post 1 of this thread and download the Dakota .alx file, unzip and paste (overwrite) into the Base OS file. If you are not on the 9900 then pick the .alx package for your device) Shrink to your own taste and you are ready to load.
    Do your backups, wipe device and install.
    Remember to do your battery pulls, although with this combo I have found that it settled in under 24 hours.

It would help us to help you in the future if you could include your device and carrier details in your personal info.
    The step with the Dakota .alx file... what does this do?
    10-21-12 05:50 PM
    The step with the Dakota .alx file... what does this do?
    No clue Adam, I myself have never used those files....and have installed with no errors of any kind. These were the hybrids I was talking about in the group we're in on BBM
    10-21-12 06:07 PM
    No clue Adam, I myself have never used those files....and have installed with no errors of any kind. These were the hybrids I was talking about in the group we're in on BBM
    When I installed BL RC7B1 I didn't do the .alx copy file step, because it's not mentioned on the front page for that particular build. Hopefully it's not important
    10-21-12 06:13 PM
    Can someone explain to me, the most technical way possible, how "settling time" works, and how a series of battery pulls affects the OS performance?
    10-21-12 06:13 PM
    you can use 9790jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2039_PL9.16.0.158_A7.1.0. 714_Orange_UK (larger sfi)
    Thank you. I just downloaded and installed to my pc that version. But, the SFI is only 59MB. Is this the correct size? The one on my 9900 is 72MB size by comparison.
    10-21-12 06:24 PM
    Thank you. I just downloaded and installed to my pc that version. But, the SFI is only 59MB. Is this the correct size? The one on my 9900 is 72MB size by comparison.
    correct
    10-21-12 06:28 PM
    Can someone explain to me, the most technical way possible, how "settling time" works, and how a series of battery pulls affects the OS performance?

I guess it takes a few days [3] to index itself....I've always done a battery pull 6 hours apart for the first 5 days, roughly. I'm not too sure on how settling time works, maybe Andy, or Ian even Sator can help me out here
    10-21-12 06:28 PM
    Hmmm...Just reloaded RC7A1 yet again I assuming I had a bad load...Saw meterberry giving me a reading of +0.8MB I'm on the phone at the same time, just thought it was weird
    10-21-12 08:08 PM
    Just to clarify could someone let me know how to install the larger .sfi? Do I have to extract it somehow?

Thanks in advance
    10-21-12 09:15 PM
    Just to clarify could someone let me know how to install the larger .sfi? Do I have to extract it somehow?

Thanks in advance
    same thing you do with smaller .sfi.
    - Just find os with larger .sfi (usually Jalllang like voda UK). install it on pc.
    - Overwrite the hybrid (ex. RC7B1), overwrite the alx with the alx from page 1 (optional).
    - Shrink it according to your need (optional). run the loader.

3 days with 714 Voda, didn't work well with my carrier and bb, got high temp (even with 2G), found some lag and freeze. try mixing with 569 .sfi.

this is what makes me love bb, we can play with uncountable mix with various result.
    Last edited by will_chrome; 10-22-12 at 02:26 AM.
    10-21-12 09:44 PM
    It's been 24 hours since I switched from 714 sfi to 523 sfi...
    Still the same RC7B1 on 714 base OS for Blackberry Curve 9360
    --- from almost 9% ADR (714 sfi) it's now down to less than 6% (523 sfi); temp ranges also improved from 29C - 41C (714 sfi) to 28C - 38C (523 sfi) although it spikes to 41C when streaming via YouTube. Data signal is good until 1% of battery life.
    Another change made was to replace SocialScope with Twitter. Other remaining apps: BeWeather, Meterberry, Facebook, Foursquare, MemBoo.
    Last edited by dongyam; 10-22-12 at 01:44 AM.
    10-22-12 12:27 AM
    really! you went from 724 to 523, why??

If I was going to step back I would have used 658, or even the ATT 694 mix.
    10-22-12 02:56 AM
    I can only speak for the 9900 Voda .sfi but it seems to work well on Voda UK and Voda India so nothing to lose by giving it a try.
    Great signal and temp in the high teens/low twenties seem to be the norm
    Again, I stress that this is teh 9900 .sfi findings.
    Yep, legal speaks Voda UK, and I speak Orange/EE UK, both are also using the same sfi file

Also Zoc is on Voda Au although on a different model of phone.
    10-22-12 02:58 AM
    Hmmm...Just reloaded RC7A1 yet again I assuming I had a bad load...Saw meterberry giving me a reading of +0.8MB I'm on the phone at the same time, just thought it was weird
    Why is it wierd because it is good?? Btw, have you really moved back to Alpha 1 rather than Beta 1 or was that a typo?

Beta 2 is being worked on now but currently we are testing ATT mix v3 so the RC will be later in the week.
    10-22-12 03:01 AM

Thanks in advance
    Just pick one of the OS releases that has it, we know of 9900 for orange and Voda UK so that is 2 you could choose,

Just install it as your base OS then go throught the Hybrid Process.
    10-22-12 03:03 AM
    It's been 24 hours since I switched from 714 sfi to 523 sfi...
    Still the same RC7B1 on 714 base OS for Blackberry Curve 9360
    --- from almost 9% ADR (714 sfi) it's now down to less than 6% (523 sfi); temp ranges also improved from 29C - 41C (714 sfi) to 28C - 38C (523 sfi) although it spikes to 41C when streaming via YouTube. Data signal is good until 1% of battery life.
    Another change made was to replace SocialScope with Twitter. Other remaining apps: BeWeather, Meterberry, Facebook, Foursquare, MemBoo.

Just remember we did not develop the Hybrid to use that sfi so your results may be good or bad. But good on you for trying it out.

The 714 sfi is good because it is fast so that would explain your slightly higher temps. You may
    not see the smoothness that we for using the 714 sfi.
    10-22-12 03:06 AM
    You would never guess it was monday morning and I am catching up with about 10 pages of the posts that I have missed.

This week we should have:

new ATT mix v3 is almost ready for release

RC7 B2 - possibly! in development, although there is not a huge amount that can be improved without a new OS release.
    BoldAlways and chubals03 like this.
    10-22-12 03:08 AM
    BL team, is the using of different basic java files as base os, will give different result? let say basic java 658, 714 telenor and 714 voda, will each basic gives us different result?

suddenly pop up in my mind..
    10-22-12 03:49 AM
    Yep, legal speaks Voda UK, and I speak Orange/EE UK, both are also using the same sfi file

Also Zoc is on Voda Au although on a different model of phone.
    Thanks ifraser..i had a bit of trouble finding the os .714 from voda uk for 9810..but found it now and downloading..

Lets hope for good results

Btw a few pages back something was mentioned about pulling the battery and inserting it while quickly connecting it by usb
    pressing next as soon as the pin shows on loader.exe as this would help the sfi settle better? is this true?

If anybody can answer

Thanks!
    10-22-12 04:39 AM
    Using a different base file doesnt always make different results, the SFI/radio files can do, as we are seeing but
    not always a huge one.

If anyone os ever looking for an official OS just google "blackberry carrier downloads" this will take you too the official page.

Loader connecting, yes, this allows you to connect to the device at a low level if you catch it quick enough.
    MikeyJSydney and will_chrome like this.
    10-22-12 04:54 AM
10,888 ... 217218219220221 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD