Fantastic build. Coming up on 48 hours of use and abuse and ADR is currently at the rate I'm used to with being idle. Browser speed on 3G CDMA is vastly improved, as well as load times for most apps (ex: Twitter and Facebook images). Startup from the moment the screen goes dark is just under a minute and a half, and about 45 seconds for the actual bar to go across the screen. I observed this a good many times as I choose to install all my apps on the fly as opposed to making an .alx (I forgot to), rebooting after every install. Highly interested to see what my normal ADR will be now that I'm done with all of that.

Many thanks to Sator and jrcpdm for their suggestion of RC7B1 with .649 SFI.

zocster and Sator like this.
    10-20-12 02:23 PM
    Download and install base .714 OS
    Download RC7B1 and unzip
    Copy Java Files from zip and paste into base OS Java Folder making sure to agree to overwrite the existing files
    If you are on 9900 go to post 1 of this thread and download the Dakota .alx file, unzip and paste (overwrite) into the Base OS file. If you are not on the 9900 then pick the .alx package for your device) Shrink to your own taste and you are ready to load.
    Do your backups, wipe device and install.
    Remember to do your battery pulls, although with this combo I have found that it settled in under 24 hours.

It would help us to help you in the future if you could include your device and carrier details in your personal info.
    Thank you so much Legal Eagle, I completely missed the Dakota.alx file. Profile has been updated.

What is the preferred install to just run loader with the device already connected, start loader w/o the device connected, or something else?
    10-20-12 08:36 PM
    Fantastic build. Coming up on 48 hours of use and abuse and ADR is currently at the rate I'm used to with being idle. Browser speed on 3G CDMA is vastly improved, as well as load times for most apps (ex: Twitter and Facebook images). Startup from the moment the screen goes dark is just under a minute and a half, and about 45 seconds for the actual bar to go across the screen. I observed this a good many times as I choose to install all my apps on the fly as opposed to making an .alx (I forgot to), rebooting after every install. Highly interested to see what my normal ADR will be now that I'm done with all of that.

Many thanks to Sator and jrcpdm for their suggestion of RC7B1 with .649 SFI.

http://i47.tinypic.com/nce6ty.jpg
    Glad RC7B1 also works great on your 9930 with .649 sfi...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-20-12 11:16 PM
    AT&T V2 had great battery for me but not so good on signal particularly in weaker signal areas.
    .658 is the new .523 for now, runs cool with strong signal.
    Might give 7B a try with .658 base rather than .714. @ Audio Engineer seems to be getting good results on Voda with that package.
    Can you give me steps how do you install .714 base and using a .658 sfi? where can I find the .sfi files and how to change it.
    anyone?

tnx
    10-21-12 12:42 AM
    Test:

Reinstall RC7B1 with 9790jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2039_PL9.16.0.158_A7.1.0. 714_Orange_UK
    10-21-12 03:02 AM
    Thanks for your very useful post.

I am however on curve 9360. Which alx files should - pick?
    Download and install base .714 OS
    Download RC7B1 and unzip
    Copy Java Files from zip and paste into base OS Java Folder making sure to agree to overwrite the existing files
    If you are on 9900 go to post 1 of this thread and download the Dakota .alx file, unzip and paste (overwrite) into the Base OS file. If you are not on the 9900 then pick the .alx package for your device) Shrink to your own taste and you are ready to load.
    Do your backups, wipe device and install.
    Remember to do your battery pulls, although with this combo I have found that it settled in under 24 hours.

It would help us to help you in the future if you could include your device and carrier details in your personal info.
    10-21-12 03:50 AM
    Thanks for your very useful post.

I am however on curve 9360. Which alx files should - pick?
    There are no replacement .alx files for the Curve so just stick with those in the base OS.
    Sator and goro66 like this.
    10-21-12 05:41 AM
    Hi All,
    Have been on RC7b for almost a day and am getting Amazing results !
    Charged battery overnight and am getting ADr of 0.8% on light usage ( 50 bbm , 7 calls and 20 sms and 13 emails), MDr has never been an issue for me with all the BL builds as is the wifi locking, rebooting and browser which are all lightning quick to say the least.
    Signal or network locking has been the biggest plus. I had never seen -56dbm signal strenght on any of the previous builds but thanks to RC7b this area has been nailed to perfection, not to mention device is sitting at a cool 21 degrees celcius.

I have this time used .714 voda base with the larger sfi that came with it ( Thanks to Legal, Phill & Audio for giving their valuable inputs) and Legal for getting me to give 7b a second shot which i must say is worth it's weight in Gold.

Thanks Sator, RC7b is indeed your best work till date without an iota of doubt !!!!
    Legal Eagle and audio_engr like this.
    10-21-12 06:05 AM
    Hi All,
    Have been on RC7b for almost a day and am getting Amazing results !
    Charged battery overnight and am getting ADr of 0.8% on light usage ( 50 bbm , 7 calls and 20 sms and 13 emails), MDr has never been an issue for me with all the BL builds as is the wifi locking, rebooting and browser which are all lightning quick to say the least.
    Signal or network locking has been the biggest plus. I had never seen -56dbm signal strenght on any of the previous builds but thanks to RC7b this area has been nailed to perfection, not to mention device is sitting at a cool 21 degrees celcius.

I have this time used .714 voda base with the larger sfi that came with it ( Thanks to Legal, Phill & Audio for giving their valuable inputs) and Legal for getting me to give 7b a second shot which i must say is worth it's weight in Gold.

Thanks Sator, RC7b is indeed your best work till date without an iota of doubt !!!!
    Very pleased to hear that you are getting great results with the new combo.
    I am still getting lovely battery life 0.5% since 8:15 pm yesterday
    When out and about signal is definately better than anything I have seen previously, and the temp is very simliar to .658 levels,the "large" .sfi does seem to be a very good one.
    Sator and maxx71 like this.
    10-21-12 06:19 AM
    Very pleased to hear that you are getting great results with the new combo.
    I am still getting lovely battery life 0.5% since 8:15 pm yesterday
    When out and about signal is definately better than anything I have seen previously, and the temp is very simliar to .658 levels,the "large" .sfi does seem to be a very good one.
    The device being so cool is the Amazing part but when i had used the smaller sfi and leaked OS the performance was so different, wonder what might have caused it except for the fact that it could have been a bad install.
    Signal Strenght is SOOOO GOOD, i'm actually freaking out !!!
    Legal Eagle and sheldonbk like this.
    10-21-12 06:29 AM
    The device being so cool is the Amazing part but when i had used the smaller sfi and leaked OS the performance was so different, wonder what might have caused it except for the fact that it could have been a bad install.
    Signal Strenght is SOOOO GOOD, i'm actually freaking out !!!
    Yeah, the diference between the Large and Small .714 .sfi is indeed quite incredible.
    I tried it (the small one) with 7A and got horrible results.
    Would have happily stuck with 6B2 if Phill and Audio hadn't chipped in with their experiences with the Large .sfi
    Boy, am I glad that they did !!!
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-21-12 06:34 AM
    Hi...where can I find the 714 large sfi? I've got the telenor one, and want to go with the Voda and see if I can get the results you guys have.

PS..Coin toss = RC7B1 with .714
    Legal Eagle and maxx71 like this.
    10-21-12 07:47 AM
    Hi...where can I find the 714 large sfi? I've got the telenor one, and want to go with the Voda and see if I can get the results you guys have.

you can try go to this page and select the carrier for Voda UK or Orange UK :

BlackBerry - Desktop & Device Software Download Sites for BlackBerry users - US
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-21-12 07:52 AM

Divine Choice is that too, i guess
    Here is the link : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...afone+for+9900
    Legal Eagle and hamsterwheel like this.
    10-21-12 08:28 AM
    RC7B1 + Voda .714 has been great so far, though I've been running it less than a day, so maybe too early to tell. Battery pulls on the 9900 are a pita, I need to get stronger finger nails or something. Is doing an ALT+SHIFT+DEL equivalent to a battery pull?
    10-21-12 08:34 AM
    Is doing an ALT+SHIFT+DEL equivalent to a battery pull?
    No it isn't, you do need to physically remove the battery
    maxx71 and zavar like this.
    10-21-12 08:38 AM
    RC7B1 + Voda .714 has been great so far, though I've been running it less than a day, so maybe too early to tell. Battery pulls on the 9900 are a pita, I need to get stronger finger nails or something. Is doing an ALT+SHIFT+DEL equivalent to a battery pull?
    No, it is termed as a soft reset......no parallel to physical battery pulls (hard reset)
    Just to add, alt+shift+del has been known to brick a few OS 7 devices hence it is best to avoid it altogether.
    Last edited by maxx71; 10-21-12 at 08:50 AM.
    zavar likes this.
    10-21-12 08:39 AM
    nope, thats just a soft reset: you need to physically pull your battery from device
    zavar likes this.
    10-21-12 08:41 AM
    Is doing an ALT+SHIFT+DEL equivalent to a battery pull?
    Needs to be a hard reset...pull the battery. The 'soft reset' alt+shft+del will not work

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    zavar likes this.
    10-21-12 08:41 AM
    Wow such quick replies here

Ive had RC7B1 + .714 (small sfi) installed for 3-4 days now..its super quick and no memory leak whatsoever

The battery has been getting quite warm though +32 degrees..maybe the small sfi aint working so well with my carrier..

Do you guys think the larger sfi from voda uk would work better on my device? Because i would assume so as im with voda here in aus..

Is the network of voda uk and voda aus the same?

I might reload RC7B1 with the larger sfi to see what the results give me..but anyways for any other 9810 user this is quite a good mix
    (in terms of speed and memory management)..

Thanks!
    Sator likes this.
    10-21-12 09:07 AM
    Wow such quick replies here

Ive had RC7B1 + .714 (small sfi) installed for 3-4 days now..its super quick and no memory leak whatsoever

The battery has been getting quite warm though +32 degrees..maybe the small sfi aint working so well with my carrier..

Do you guys think the larger sfi from voda uk would work better on my device? Because i would assume so as im with voda here in aus..

Is the network of voda uk and voda aus the same?

I might reload RC7B1 with the larger sfi to see what the results give me..but anyways for any other 9810 user this is quite a good mix
    (in terms of speed and memory management)..

Thanks!
    I can only speak for the 9900 Voda .sfi but it seems to work well on Voda UK and Voda India so nothing to lose by giving it a try.
    Great signal and temp in the high teens/low twenties seem to be the norm
    Again, I stress that this is teh 9900 .sfi findings.
    audio_engr and MikeyJSydney like this.
    10-21-12 09:12 AM
    believe it or not, out of curiosity currently am using RC7B1 with .523 SFI! and it turns out working well with my 9900. low adr, low temp, good signal lock. The only downside was during the settling time, a bit laggy. will see how this goes for the next 2 days
    Legal Eagle and Sator like this.
    10-21-12 09:22 AM
    I can only speak for the 9900 Voda .sfi but it seems to work well on Voda UK and Voda India so nothing to lose by giving it a try.
    Great signal and temp in the high teens/low twenties seem to be the norm
    Again, I stress that this is teh 9900 .sfi findings.
    Thanks Legal! Will probably wait a couple of days to see how i go with this mix

believe it or not, out of curiosity currently am using RC7B1 with .523 SFI! and it turns out working well with my 9900. low adr, low temp, good signal lock. The only downside was during the settling time, a bit laggy. will see how this goes for the next 2 days
    wow!!! well i guess if the ol sfi is stable as can be..then why change it nice!!
    10-21-12 09:37 AM
    Hi all,

As promised here we go with new combination
    RC7B1
    +.714 TIM Multilanguage (262.808 kb tot.)
    +large .sfi Voda UK (72.798 kb tot.)
    final shrinked OS size= 107,3 MB tot
    -----------------------------------------------------
    -Carrier: Three Italy medium/high 3g signal (only 3g)
    -Daily avg. usage: 15/20 mins calls per day - 80/90 emails (6 accounts)- 4/5 sms/mms - 4 battery pulls till now
    -NO BBM/FB/TW
    -ADR 2.79% (with small .sfi after 3 days was at 3.61% tot.)
    -Temp 19/20 c�
    -Great signal

Testing period from OS installation: 24 h
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Seems really that large .sfi is like coming from another world: no match at all with previous small .sfi
    Great battery, great reception (first hours was really bad, but now is running more than smooth...)

Will keep you informed tomorrow with few battery pulls more and harder device usage....
    Attached Thumbnails BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid for most OS 7.1 devices-rsz_screenshot-30_21_2012_408.jpg  
    Last edited by neumann66; 10-21-12 at 10:53 AM.
    10-21-12 10:39 AM
    Wow, I'm really floored by how many people are talking about great results with the Voda 714 sfi. At first I was thinking, ok it's just Voda people, even on different Voda networks, but with all the non-Voda people reporting similar results, I have to give it a shot. Thanks for all the reports!
    10-21-12 12:03 PM
10,888 ... 216217218219220 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD