Prompted by all your conversation, I have also just installed 7B1 with larger sfi with base .714. Although, I was getting good result with smaller one. But, you know, tis team has made us hungry all the time for better n better! I don't know when will it stop.
    I have also been coaxed to move from AT&Tv2 to RC7b......lol, just kidding.
    That was my BL OS loading for the week, it has been such an Amazing ride sine RC2 days that we have been lucky enough to try various options literally every week...........Thanks to the BL team for that !
    Legal Eagle and r_hafeed like this.
    10-20-12 07:36 AM
    Are you kidding, there are 217 pages to trawl through !!!
    .......Now that is what i call a TASK ( with capital letters)lol
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-20-12 07:37 AM
    I have also been coaxed to move from AT&Tv2 to RC7b......lol, just kidding.
    That was my BL OS loading for the week, it has been such an Amazing ride sine RC2 days that we have been lucky enough to try various options literally every week...........Thanks to the BL team for that !
    Maxx

How was your first experience with APP Loader ? Hope that all went well and RC7B1 is sitting on your 9900
    10-20-12 07:39 AM
    As I understand you can connect to your device with loader at ARM level using the following command.

<path to loader folder>\loader.exe /nojvm
    You would only use the nojvm command prompt for reviving a nuked device. It's not necessary for a normal OS install.
    Sator and maxx71 like this.
    10-20-12 07:42 AM
    Maxx

How was your first experience with APP Loader ? Hope that all went well and RC7B1 is sitting on your 9900
    Amazing !!!!! What a Ride !
    It is pretty smooth provided it is done in a proper manner,i had done the whole process step by step hence no heart attacks
    Am presently on RC7b with 714 voda base and larger sfi.
    The early signs look promising and the device is so much more cooler ( that's a HUGE plus), signal is jumping a bit between 2 & 5bars but maybe post settling it stablizes.
    I had wiped clean the device and am in the process of reinstalling apps one by one. Appworld is still the old one, no update for me as yet

Thanks to you for getting me to give 7b a second shot !
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-20-12 07:52 AM
    You would only use the nojvm command prompt for reviving a nuked device. It's not necessary for a normal OS install.
    Hi Phill,
    Can you please tell me how to get Meterberry Application Total space to 768MB ? Mine shows 512MB and i saw screenshot of your device showing 768MB a couple of pages back.
    10-20-12 08:03 AM
    Hi Phill,
    Can you please tell me how to get Meterberry Application Total space to 768MB ? Mine shows 512MB and i saw screenshot of your device showing 768MB a couple of pages back.
    Open Meterberry, go to options, scroll down to Application memory and you will see Force Memory option which allows you to select memory appropriate to your device.
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-20-12 08:10 AM
    Hi Phill,
    Sure...
    Options > Application Memory > Force total memory = 768MB
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-20-12 08:11 AM
    Open Meterberry, go to options, scroll down to Application memory and you will see Force Memory option which allows you to select memory appropriate to your device.
    Thanks Legal,

Are you still using AOS ? I had deleted it post my bad install with 7b.
    10-20-12 08:14 AM
    Sure...
    Options > Application Memory > Force total memory = 768MB
    Thanks Phill !
    I believe you too are on 7b and had got us all to use the larger sfi that came with the Voda .714 release. How is your device performance ?
    I have just moved to 7b with larger sfi and voda .714
    10-20-12 08:17 AM
    Thanks Legal,

Are you still using AOS ? I had deleted it post my bad install with 7b.
    Yes, back on it.
    After I did a wipe and installed 6B2 I did full charge and left overnight with no AOS to see if mt ADR issue had gone (it had)
    Next day installed AOS and repeated same process, ADR was identical so I figured that AOS was not casuing me any issues and left it on.
    My ADR figure from last night on 7B1 was with AOS installed.
    maxx71 and sheldonbk like this.
    10-20-12 08:19 AM
    Yes, back on it.
    After I did a wipe and installed 6B2 I did full charge and left overnight with no AOS to see if mt ADR issue had gone (it had)
    Next day installed AOS and repeated same process, ADR was identical so I figured that AOS was not casuing me any issues and left it on.
    My ADR figure from last night on 7B1 was with AOS installed.
    So i assume it is safe to reinstall it back and get rid of flashlight and screen grabber.
    I love the temp icon on the homescreen ! Though i can't seem to get rid of meterberry because of dvice info, free memory etc.

Any further info on the meterberry coming to appworld ?
    10-20-12 08:28 AM
    So i assume it is safe to reinstall it back and get rid of flashlight and screen grabber.
    I love the temp icon on the homescreen ! Though i can't seem to get rid of meterberry because of dvice info, free memory etc.

Any further info on the meterberry coming to appworld ?
    I can't see why you shouldn't give AOS another go.
    I too have kept MeterBerry, really like having Battery Level and Temp in the notification area which I can get using both apps..
    Nothing more as yet on MB coming to App World, just keep an eye on the Apps Forum on here.
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-20-12 08:34 AM
    Thanks Phill !
    I believe you too are on 7b and had got us all to use the larger sfi that came with the Voda .714 release. How is your device performance ?
    I have just moved to 7b with larger sfi and voda .714
    I am... but all I said about the larger .714 jAllLang sfi was that I believed it was the best one to use if you are actually with Vodafone UK. Whether it works as well on other networks remains to be seen. For me the larger sfi certainly gives better signal strength than the smaller leaked one, and it also runs as cool as .523 and .658 did.
    Device performance is fast and smooth, as always
    Legal Eagle and maxx71 like this.
    10-20-12 08:43 AM
    Removed Socialscope and installed Twitter. Still close to 9% ADR after a week. (RC7B1 with 714 base and 714 sfi)
    Reloading RC7B1 with 714 base but downgrading sfi from 714 to 523.
    I know unrelated to hybrid, so excuse me all, but.. I was using UberSoc for the same reason - to post also to Facebook. However, now T4BB has an easy way to post to FB. Just use (menu) Share > Facebook. Very fast.
    10-20-12 09:04 AM
    Hi All,

first of all I want to thanks all hybrid developers for their great work (2 months silent watcher till now)

Feedback after 3 days with RC7B1 + .714 OS/.sfi (small one) on new 9900, bought just to test this new hybrids ) after poor 9790 results with several OS/hybrids combinations (

-Carrier: Three Italy medium/high 3g signal (only 3g)
    -Daily avg. usage: 15/20 mins calls per day - 80/90 emails (6 accounts)- 4/5 sms/mms - 2 battery pulls per day
    -NO BBM/FB/TW
    -ADR 3.61% tot.
    -Temp 20/22 c�
    -Great signal

Tempted to try RC6B2+658 (main target is battery life)

any comments are welcome
    Looks like great results to me.
    10-20-12 09:12 AM
    Prompted by all your conversation, I have also just installed 7B1 with larger sfi with base .714. Although, I was getting good result with smaller one. But, you know, tis team has made us hungry all the time for better n better! I don't know when will it stop.
    I must have missed something... why all the talk about large vs small sfi? Until today, all I saw was sfi from different OS's. Can someone explain the difference - or refer me to one if there's a post here that I missed.
    10-20-12 09:15 AM
    I must have missed something... why all the talk about large vs small sfi? Until today, all I saw was sfi from different OS's. Can someone explain the difference - or refer me to one if there's a post here that I missed.
    Recent Official .714 releases such as Voadfone ones have come with jAllLang .sfi whereas previous versions were MultiLang.
    All Lang is larger file size and seems to be performing better with some carriers.
    paulsdv and sheldonbk like this.
    10-20-12 09:37 AM
    Hi Folks. I just started using BL recently, and have been pretty happy. Looking through things I'd like to switch over to voda 714 along with BL 7B1. I'm getting pretty confused with the recommended steps to update, as there seems to be alot of variations. Could someone outline these step-by-step, or point me to where I should be looking?
    10-20-12 10:00 AM
    Hi Folks. I just started using BL recently, and have been pretty happy. Looking through things I'd like to switch over to voda 714 along with BL 7B1. I'm getting pretty confused with the recommended steps to update, as there seems to be alot of variations. Could someone outline these step-by-step, or point me to where I should be looking?
    Download and install base .714 OS
    Download RC7B1 and unzip
    Copy Java Files from zip and paste into base OS Java Folder making sure to agree to overwrite the existing files
    If you are on 9900 go to post 1 of this thread and download the Dakota .alx file, unzip and paste (overwrite) into the Base OS file. If you are not on the 9900 then pick the .alx package for your device) Shrink to your own taste and you are ready to load.
    Do your backups, wipe device and install.
    Remember to do your battery pulls, although with this combo I have found that it settled in under 24 hours.

It would help us to help you in the future if you could include your device and carrier details in your personal info.
    Sator and zavar like this.
    10-20-12 10:07 AM
    I have noticed that some times battery drop really fast e.g from 40 to 24 in 30 minutes with only two sms sent. I was like WTF then made battery pull and battery go up to 38. It is second day so i presume that it is not settled yet.
    10-20-12 10:40 AM
    I have to agree with Phill that the Larger sfi on .714 does give me a better Radio lock / signal strength. Probably due to this, the phone works less harder hence is reflected by the ADR,

However, batt temp of 714 is a wee-bit highish than 658 IMO but that shouldn't matter as long as ADR is good-to-great.
    Sator and Legal Eagle like this.
    10-20-12 12:18 PM
    And I have to say this one ...

RIM OWES BL BIG TIME ... primarily for turning all BB os7 phones to much superior levels that RIM jus' couldn't do on their own.

BL ... U guys actually turned the upside down cake to make a worthy os7 BB now. Indeed, it functions as well as say 9780 or 9700 when it comes to battery life.

big to zocs, Ian, Sator and all the others who's pitched in to make this a super success !!

without these hybrids, I could have NEVER contemplated this sort of a performance from my 9900.
    10-20-12 12:23 PM
    Hi All,

first of all I want to thanks all hybrid developers for their great work (2 months silent watcher till now)

Feedback after 3 days with RC7B1 + .714 OS/.sfi (small one) on new 9900, bought just to test this new hybrids after poor 9790 results with several OS/hybrids combinations.

-Carrier: Three Italy medium/high 3g signal (only 3g)
    -Daily avg. usage: 15/20 mins calls per day - 80/90 emails (6 accounts)- 4/5 sms/mms - 2 battery pulls per day
    -NO BBM/FB/TW
    -ADR 3.61% tot.
    -Temp 20/22 c�
    -Great signal

Tempted to try RC6B2+658 (main target is battery life)

any comments are welcome

Looks like great results to me.

Wiped and installed RC7B1 + OS.714 + .714 sfi Voda large
    2 hours ago

lets see how works, will keep you informed...
    fingers crossed
    Last edited by neumann66; 10-20-12 at 01:24 PM.
    Sator likes this.
    10-20-12 01:05 PM
    Download and install base .714 OS
    Download RC7B1 and unzip
    Copy Java Files from zip and paste into base OS Java Folder making sure to agree to overwrite the existing files
    If you are on 9900 go to post 1 of this thread and download the Dakota .alx file, unzip and paste (overwrite) into the Base OS file. If you are not on the 9900 then pick the .alx package for your device) Shrink to your own taste and you are ready to load.
    Do your backups, wipe device and install.
    Remember to do your battery pulls, although with this combo I have found that it settled in under 24 hours.

It would help us to help you in the future if you could include your device and carrier details in your personal info.
    Thanks I wasn't sure if the dakota.alx was still needed or if the 9900 spefcific zip of the hybrid included it ?

Will made sure I try the voda base os if this has the larger sfi after reading comments here

Regards

Damian
    10-20-12 01:41 PM
10,888 ... 215216217218219 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD