Goodmorning Folks,

Can someone please post or direct me to the Blackberry Bold 9900 BL Ultimate RC7 Beta 1 Download Link or Information where I can pick up a fresh Copy please.

Too much information and its not clear in which one the file is on the 1st page or 1st link for this topic...

Regards,
    Tom
    Link for RC7b is RC7B1-Java.zip.
    It is the Java files only, please use the sfi which comes with your base .714
    10-19-12 09:45 AM
    Thank you very much! Max

I am going to install the .658 stock OS instead of the .714 cuz, i am with Rogers Wireless Canada, and the .714 and Rogers dont mix, Rogers is almost like AT

Thanks Again for the Download Link...

Tom
    In that case you should install Rc6b2, it works fantastically with .658 base and sfi. ?
    10-19-12 10:08 AM
    Hi Max,

Most folks on here say that the best current combo for over all high performence for this current Bold 9900 is .rc7 beta 1, .658 OS
    Is that correct?
    With Rogers Canada Wireless Networks..

I have really no idea i am just reading other peoples reports
    Tom
    It all depends what works with your device carrier etc.
    I suggested .658 cause you said it has worked for you hence i suggested RC6b2 which works flawlessly with .658 base and sfi.

It is really your choice at the end of the day. Take your pick they all work one better than the other !
    10-19-12 10:24 AM

Most odd when in the past we have always been lead to believe that the smaller .sfi was best when there was a choice of two.
    Infact - I suppose there's no hard & fast rule. Plus I guess the ALX files / cods along with the sfi (large in this case) has gelled well .. enuf to pull this off well so far.

I am still amazed how quickly it settled in - as if its was a 'hand-in-glove' with the network ...
    Legal Eagle and Sator like this.
    10-19-12 10:28 AM
    Maxx,

Where is the download link for your RC6b2, I will try it also

Thanks Again

Tom
    Here is the link for RC6b2 : 9900_Full_OS_BL_RC6 Beta2.rar
    btw, it not created by me it's the BL team's RC....lol
    Sator and r_hafeed like this.
    10-19-12 10:39 AM
    Thank you again for all your help and time, Maxx going to install everything...

Tom
    All the Best, Tom
    Please do keep us posted on the results !
    10-19-12 10:46 AM
    Infact - I suppose there's no hard & fast rule. Plus I guess the ALX files / cods along with the sfi (large in this case) has gelled well .. enuf to pull this off well so far.

I am still amazed how quickly it settled in - as if its was a 'hand-in-glove' with the network ...
    Hoping that I get the same results as you are achieving with this combo, I didn't get on with the "small" .714 .sfi at all.

The "large" one certainly seems to be running cooler so far.

Always get 5 Bars of 3G at home so will see what the evening brings when I am out an about seeking Beer !!!
    10-19-12 11:17 AM
    Still haven't upgraded, lol. I just don't know which one to go with. A lot of you guys are on Voda, and probably will have different results than ATT.
    Currently have the ATT V2, but...it's not doing so well...ADR of 5-7 and temps in the high 20's.

So just wondering which combo works well for ATT apart from the ATT Special?
    10-19-12 11:21 AM
    I thought My next load is V3
    sfi smaller or larger is an intresting topic !!! I feel BL team has tested with smaller sfi as well !
    Am kind of tempted to try with larger sfi now, have not got good results with 7a or b earlier.....decesions time ???????
    I would guess that the testing would have been done with the "small" .sfi as this has always been the recommended one to use across various BL builds.

As Phill said yesterday. Vodafone must have released this version for a reason as previously all their official OS's had the small .sfi

Will let you know how the combo works out signal wise when I have been out an about, but so far, temp wise it is running just a couple of degrees hotter than .658 did which is not an issue for me. Way cooler than the .694 .sfi for sure.
    10-19-12 11:22 AM
    I would guess that the testing would have been done with the "small" .sfi as this has always been the recommended one to use across various BL builds.

As Phill said yesterday. Vodafone must have released this version for a reason as previously all their official OS's had the small .sfi

Will let you know how the combo works out signal wise when I have been out an about, but so far, temp wise it is running just a couple of degrees hotter than .658 did which is not an issue for me. Way cooler than the .694 .sfi for sure.
    Please do update !
    I might end up with this since V3 is delayed a bit as per Sator on the other thread !
    Am holding my Willpower by a thread and resisting 7b for the moment !!!!!!!!!!!
    10-19-12 11:34 AM
    Still haven't upgraded, lol. I just don't know which one to go with. A lot of you guys are on Voda, and probably will have different results than ATT.
    Currently have the ATT V2, but...it's not doing so well...ADR of 5-7 and temps in the high 20's.

Unfortunately for AT&T the others might or might not work ( mic issues)
    BL is testing V3 at the moment, suggest you to wait as it might release sooner than later !
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-19-12 11:36 AM
    Again we have 2 mixes on the go, AT&T v3 is on test and now working well

And also we are scrimping to get anything better than RC7 B1 but B2 is on test also.
    10-19-12 11:43 AM
    Further to my so-so results posted on the last page with RC7B1 (with 658 sfi), I figured that I'd delete some apps... Deleted Advanced OS and LED, a small battery icon app, TinyMeter, Installed MeterBerry (don't know why I swapped TinyMeter for MeterBerry). Thinking of replacing gtalk with IM+ to see if that has an impact but too many changes at one time to track results.
    OK, I don't quite get it but with those app changes and gtalk still running in the background, today I have an ADR of 2.16% with no module over 0.58%. Use has been relatively light so far today (only email & BBM) but I haven't seen an ADR close to 2% ever. Perhaps Advanced OS and LED doesn't agree with my 9900. Funny thing is that I've run without it before and still never saw an ADR below 3.
    10-19-12 11:46 AM
    Unfortunately for AT&T the others might or might not work ( mic issues)
    BL is testing V3 at the moment, suggest you to wait as it might release sooner than later !
    Freakin ATT, lol. Thanks Maxx...I could hold out I suppose, but I'm having that itch, lol.
    If it doesn't release soon, which should I try? I suppose I could test the mic issue out lol
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-19-12 11:46 AM

If I remember correctly you didn't suffer with the dreaded mic issue so should be fine on the regular BL builds.

As to which .sfi will work best on AT&T it's probably suck it and see.

You have a choice of RC7B1 or RC6B2 with either the large or small .714 sfi or the .658 .sfi

Both seem to be getting solid results and certainly run cooler than .694

6B2 ran well for me with .658 but just changed to 7B1 with larger .714 .sfi

Toss a coin and load one up, nothing to lose at the end of the day apart from an hour of your life !!!
    maxx71 and hamsterwheel like this.
    10-19-12 11:47 AM
    Again we have 2 mixes on the go, AT&T v3 is on test and now working well

And also we are scrimping to get anything better than RC7 B1 but B2 is on test also.
    You Guys are Cruel !!!! lol
    & we are a spoilt lot.......spoilt for choices i might add.......Thanks, any timelines yet ?
    I now have a new F5 button for starters....lol
    Legal Eagle and Sator like this.
    10-19-12 11:49 AM
    If I remember correctly you didn't suffer with the dreaded mic issue so should be fine on the regular BL builds.

As to which .sfi will work best on AT&T it's probably suck it and see.

You have a choice of RC7B1 or RC6B2 with either the large or small .714 sfi or the .658 .sfi

Both seem to be getting solid results and certainly run cooler than .694

6B2 ran well for me with .658 but just changed to 7B1 with larger .714 .sfi

Toss a coin and load one up, nothing to lose at the end of the day apart from an hour of your life !!!
    LMAO....only an hour, eh?
    Thanks Legal...still chuckling...

Yes, and I never really had the mic isuue, so...I'm game to try one.

How about RC7B1 with 714 Base and 658 sfi?

Would that work?
    10-19-12 11:53 AM
    OK, I don't quite get it but with those app changes and gtalk still running in the background, today I have an ADR of 2.16% with no module over 0.58%. Use has been relatively light so far today (only email & BBM) but I haven't seen an ADR close to 2% ever. Perhaps Advanced OS and LED doesn't agree with my 9900. Funny thing is that I've run without it before and still never saw an ADR below 3.
    I did a bit of an experiment with Advance OS a few days ago.
    Basically let the phone idle overnignt for 8 hours wih no useage whatsoever, one night with AOS installed and the next with AOS removed.
    The result was that the phone idled at exactly the same rate both nights so I concluded that AOS had no effect on ADR.
    maxx71 and sheldonbk like this.
    10-19-12 11:55 AM
    Seems i am the only fool to install a fresh OS everytime
    Thank Goodness, i have a unlimited broadband plan...lol
    Nope you're not the only fool..
    I just like starting with a clean slate both on my device and on the computer.. that way whatever happens, there's less of a chance that it's crap left over from before. I understand Ian doing it without a new reinstall though. With all the testing, he must install an OS every day or two.
    maxx71 and Sator like this.
    10-19-12 11:55 AM

Would that work?
    Yes that would work but BL suggests to use the .714sfi with RC7b.........purely your choice though !!!
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-19-12 11:58 AM
    Nope you're not the only fool..
    I just like starting with a clean slate both on my device and on the computer.. that way whatever happens, there's less of a chance that it's crap left over from before. I understand Ian doing it without a new reinstall though. With all the testing, he must install an OS every day or two.
    Great ! The more the merrier.....lol and Thank Goodness for the Unlimited Broadband plans
    10-19-12 12:01 PM
    Yes that would work but BL suggests to use the .714sfi with RC7b.........purely your choice !!!
    Choice is always good! I never did try RC6B2 either.
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-19-12 12:03 PM

Would that work?
    Since I discovered BL I have done so many OS loads that I have got it down to around 40 minutes from start to finish !!!

@ audio was going to try 7B1 with .658 but was persuaded by Sator to try it with the "large" .714 .sfi instead and he is getting good results, prompting me to try the same a few hours ago.
    maxx71 and hamsterwheel like this.
    10-19-12 12:05 PM
    Choice is always good! I never did try RC6B2 either.
    Toss a coin is the Way to go then...lol
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-19-12 12:06 PM
    Toss a coin is the Way to go then...lol
    Right. Will let you know the outcome of said coin toss
    maxx71 and Legal Eagle like this.
    10-19-12 12:14 PM
10,888 ... 212213214215216 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD