Well I usually use it to browse, text, call, and check my feeds. Most of the time my berry sits idle because I'm on the computer weekends and in class weekdays. So I guess that's light usage o.O? Plus I was getting numbers like that when I tried BLRC7A too.
    10-16-12 09:10 AM
    Just to stop confusion, latest OS is RC7 B1

I have been testing the OS`s with wifi calling on and off an really the ADR on the latest build doesnt seem to
    fluctuate. Even using 3G for a whole day the average was about 2.5%
    paulsdv likes this.
    10-16-12 09:15 AM
    Moving out of RC-7Beta1 w/ 714 os & sfi

TO

RC-6beta2 w/ 658 os & sfi

Reason/s :

-- Been facing abrupt network issues like voice-calls suddenly dropping off
    -- Some funny apps behavior that's never happened earlier
    -- Mainly mostly network related issues (thats now forcing me to try out 6beta2 with 658)

Earlier - was using 7 Alpha 1 with 714 and it was flawless.

Will keep you all posted. I gotta agree with "Legal" that maybe 658 sfi works better with Voda networks and the Indian architecture of Voda is a carbon copy of the UK one.
    Last edited by audio_engr; 10-16-12 at 10:27 AM.
    10-16-12 10:11 AM
    I'm running RC7 B1 and getting those numbers. Should I reinstall and to see if I'd get lower numbers?

Oh! And thanks to the BL team for all their hard work
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-16-12 10:13 AM
    I'm running RC7 B1 and getting those numbers. Should I reinstall and to see if I'd get lower numbers?

I only reinstall if something is out of whack like crazy....on RC5 if I'm not mistaken I had wifi issues, talked to mr zocs and mr fraser via BBM and they recommend I reload, and I did.....You should try to reload and then reinstall your apps one by one to see why you have such a high ADR...I idle at 0 and yesterday it took like 2 hours to drop from +99 to 98% I was in awe, as I had music playing on my phone as well for the entirety of the time...give the reinstall a shot and see how everything goes, we're here to assist and give answers to questions! I love this community!!!
    Last edited by sharma0702; 10-16-12 at 10:30 AM. Reason: punctuation
    10-16-12 10:28 AM
    Can I just add the Dakota ALX files after the install? I installed OS7 B1 last weekend and didn't copy the Dakota alx files into the base OS.
    10-16-12 10:43 AM
    Sorry no, the ALX files tell the OS how to install so they are only any good in place
    before a load.
    10-16-12 10:52 AM
    Moving out of RC-7Beta1 w/ 714 os & sfi

TO

RC-6beta2 w/ 658 os & sfi

Reason/s :

-- Been facing abrupt network issues like voice-calls suddenly dropping off
    -- Some funny apps behavior that's never happened earlier
    -- Mainly mostly network related issues (thats now forcing me to try out 6beta2 with 658)

Earlier - was using 7 Alpha 1 with 714 and it was flawless.

Will keep you all posted. I gotta agree with "Legal" that maybe 658 sfi works better with Voda networks and the Indian architecture of Voda is a carbon copy of the UK one.
    Don't forget to wipe your device if you change many OS's/hybrids in a short time, it helps...

Do you use Multi lang sfi (smaller sfi)? Or Maybe you can try RC7B1 with 658 sfi.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sator; 10-16-12 at 11:07 AM.
    10-16-12 10:54 AM

Got to be worth a try.

Wiping prior to install is a must.

Download and install fresh base OS too, paste (overwrite) the RC7B1 Java over the base OS, shrink and away you go.

You can also drop in the Dakota .alx files from the first post again overwriting into the base OS
    ifraser and DarkHuntress like this.
    10-16-12 10:55 AM
    trying to reload RC7B1 with 658 sfi. got quite high ADR with 714 base.
    10-16-12 10:59 AM
    Wipe your device and do a factory reset helps your device overall perfomances, believe or not...

I'm running RC7B1
    With 3% batt. left and it's still running...

DarkHuntress likes this.
    10-16-12 11:14 AM
    Wipe your device and do a factory reset helps your device overall perfomances, believe or not...

I'm running RC7B1

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/17/ryqujaqa.jpg

Presume that we should do the Factory Reset prior to doing the wipe but after the backup.

What settings would we actually lose with the Factory Rest and have to redo ?
    10-16-12 11:17 AM
    Presume that we should do the Factory Reset prior to doing the wipe but after the backup.

What settings would we actually lose with the Factory Rest and have to redo ?
    You lose nothing, you'll get your settings back from your backup, you only have to rejoin your bbm groups.

Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-16-12 11:20 AM

I'm running RC7B1

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/17/ryqujaqa.jpg

factory reset before wipe right? I do 2 wipe, using cfp (error 507) then wipe completed (till it blackscreen and only led light).

i'll try your ways next time.

got some error with 1st install and got quite high ADR.
    10-16-12 11:22 AM
    You lose nothing, you'll get your settings back from your backup, you only have to rejoin your bbm groups.

Sweet, I don;t use BBM so win win for me.

Will give it a try next time I load up.
    10-16-12 11:32 AM
    Don't forget to wipe your device if you change many OS's/hybrids in a short time, it helps...

Do you use Multi lang sfi (smaller sfi)? Or Maybe you can try RC7B1 with 658 sfi.

Hi Sator and BL Team, thanks for the RC7B1 the signal lock both for the phone and wifi is the quickest that I've got so far.
    I've tried the .714 big SFI with less than 1 hour result of low temperature (<26 degrees) and ADR of 4.9 after almost 20hrs medium usage. I just tried .714 small SFI and preliminary result the temperature is quite high >31 degrees. Will see if the temp is going down later on or not.

Remember to backup any data that you have in the device since if you are using factory reset it will also delete/wipe all data in the device, not only the phone settings/configuration.
    Last edited by clie610; 10-16-12 at 11:34 AM. Reason: wrong place for reply :D
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-16-12 11:33 AM
    Hi Sator and BL Team, thanks for the RC7B1 the signal lock both for the phone and wifi is the quickest that I've got so far.
    I've tried the .714 big SFI with less than 1 hour result of low temperature (<26 degrees) and ADR of 4.9 after almost 20hrs medium usage. I just tried .714 small SFI and preliminary result the temperature is quite high >31 degrees. Will see if the temp is going down later on or not.
    Those .714 temps seem awful high compared to .658 which runs in the high teens for me and gets nowhere near the lowest of your .714 figures.
    10-16-12 11:41 AM
    Those .714 temps seem awful high compared to .658 which runs in the high teens for me and gets nowhere near the lowest of your .714 figures.
    Perhaps it is also dependent to the provider's signal quality (i only got 4bars max at home) and the environment temperature (i live in jakarta where the temp is 30-ish degree). Only got the high tens when the phone is in my room or office with AC on
    10-16-12 11:50 AM
    Perhaps it is also dependent to the provider's signal quality (i only got 4bars max at home) and the environment temperature (i live in jakarta where the temp is 30-ish degree). Only got the high tens when the phone is in my room or office with AC on
    It sure is a whole lot cooler over here in the UK !!! I am sitting at home with the central heating on, certainly no need for A/C in Merrie England in the Autumn !!!

Having said that, in my nice warm room the temp on .658 is 18c
    10-16-12 11:55 AM
    Have you tried to switch carriers? Indo is so affordable when it comes to SIM cards, prepaid plans, daily plans.

Maybe your carrier not suit your handset, as I see you complain about bad reception etc a few times.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    10-16-12 12:09 PM
    factory reset before wipe right? I do 2 wipe, using cfp (error 507) then wipe completed (till it blackscreen and only led light).

i'll try your ways next time.

got some error with 1st install and got quite high ADR.
    how to wipe until the device black screen and only red LED ?
    10-16-12 12:20 PM
    Have you tried to switch carriers? Indo is so affordable when it comes to SIM cards, prepaid plans, daily plans.

Maybe your carrier not suit your handset, as I see you complain about bad reception etc a few times.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    thanks for the input mate. hard to change carrier, since mine now it's the better among other carrier for coverage.

changing to 658, just to fulfill my curiosity, who knows this mix will marriage better with my dakota.

sorry if I'm complaining to much.
    10-16-12 12:34 PM
    Loaded RC7B1 Sunday afternoon but not having the same results yet as most of you. ADR is still over 4%, I was just over 2% with RC7A1. Will give it a few more days.
    10-16-12 01:18 PM
    Loaded RC7B1 Sunday afternoon but not having the same results yet as most of you. ADR is still over 4%, I was just over 2% with RC7A1. Will give it a few more days.
    Did you wipe prior to install ?

It does seem to make a difference.
    10-16-12 01:24 PM
    Not only did I wipe the phone I thoroughly cleaned my PC. I uninstalled the previous OS and DM then went to the different directories and deleted everything else that was in there. Then I installed the OS, copied the JAVA files, installed DM, manually deleted the vendor files and ran loader.exe.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-16-12 01:27 PM
10,888 ... 206207208209210 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD