Hi Eagle or any other clever person

I like you live in the UK...
    So, clever people only live in the UK???

RC6B2 still giving outstanding performance.

Light weekend use, off charge 8:30 pm Friday. By 8:30 pn Sunday after 48 hours battery was still at 70%.

Great job Sator and teh team.
    Thats not outstanding performance, that is insane performance!!!!!
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-15-12 09:14 AM

And it wasn't just sitting on the table at home, I was out and about Friday and Saturday night with the 9900 for company and the Town Centre where I live does not have good signal strength.
    10-15-12 09:20 AM
    10-15-12 09:23 AM

I think I'm quite clever, and I'm in the dot [Toronto] and yes....the performance of the BL hybrids is nothing short of perfect
    10-15-12 10:53 AM
    Can I point out that I am the only member of the BL team that lives in the UK, we have 1 in Ireland and the rest are on the other side of the world
    and I would say they are just as clever if not more so.
    koax94 likes this.
    10-15-12 11:02 AM
    to be clear - i was not, in any way implying that you need to be in the UK to be clever. Purely addressing the entire community but specifically Eagle as he has just gone through the exact steps i was having trouble with...
    ifraser likes this.
    10-15-12 11:15 AM
    This is also now on the front page but for all you Curve users wanting to try RC7 : FM radio patch.rar
    Koax and 9360 users, if you guys want the 9360 FM radio app, use BBH Tools to inject the attached FM cod, and you'll have your FM Radio Installed
    omg, many thanks to BL team, im glad u guys can figured it out
    10-15-12 11:18 AM
    I'm using RC7 B1, and I'm having a of a time getting GPS lock (using BlackBerry Traffic). The little icons at the top-right isn't giving me aGPS, just GPS, and it's having a hard time locking. Anybody else having this issue?
    10-15-12 11:31 AM
    Which .714 base os should I dl? I know they are all the same, but doesn't one have smaller radio file? What's the benefit of that? I've got the RC7B1 java, just need the base.

Thanks!
    10-15-12 11:46 AM
    I installed RC7B1, I had problem with beejive IM. It lost connect after a few minutes. Does anyone encounter the same problems?
    10-15-12 11:47 AM
    3 days on RC 7B1. got little delay on bbm. sometimes the led shows new incoming message but there's no icon on homescreen, but when i check bbm, there are new incoming message message.

also the notification sound for bbm sometimes doesn't comes out, but there are new incoming message.

just now got back from out of town, on the way back. the temp reach 31c, using 3G (maybe because of network provider).

is it cooler using 658 .sfi? now runing on 714 .sfi.

will give it a few more days to settle and few more battery pull ups. the positive is like always, smooth, fast booting and fast browser.
    10-15-12 11:49 AM
    Hi!

was wondering : i cannot get that rc7b1 to work. I did as I always do, it gives a reboot loop...
    anybody got problems to install it ?
    i got back to rc6b1 without a problem...

is there any link to a full 9900 os as before ?

thx

BB bold 9900 OS BL Ultimate Hybrid RC6B1 (with .714 sfi)

BB Playbook 16 Go OS 2.1.0.1032
    10-15-12 11:52 AM
    Hi!

was wondering : i cannot get that rc7b1 to work. I did as I always do, it gives a reboot loop...
    anybody got problems to install it ?
    i got back to rc6b1 without a problem...

is there any link to a full 9900 os as before ?

thx

BB bold 9900 OS BL Ultimate Hybrid RC6B1 (with .714 sfi)

BB Playbook 16 Go OS 2.1.0.1032
    There is only a Java folder available for teh latest RC7 build.

You need to install a fresh .714 base and overlay RC7 Java into the base OS Java folder then add the Dakota .alx files from the first post.

Do that and you should be good to go.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-15-12 11:57 AM
    There is only a Java folder available for teh latest RC7 build.

You need to install a fresh .714 base and overlay RC7 Java into the base OS Java folder then add the Dakota .alx files from the first post.

Do that and you should be good to go.
    Thanks for that legal...I always wondered what to do with those Dakota .alx files. So just add them to the existing .alx files of the base os right? And then shrink.
    10-15-12 12:04 PM
    Thanks for that legal...I always wondered what to do with those Dakota .alx files. So just add them to the existing .alx files of the base os right? And then shrink.
    Yep, just paste them over the existing .alx files, shrink away and load her up.
    10-15-12 12:09 PM
    Yep, just paste them over the existing .alx files, shrink away and load her up.
    Wait paste theme over? Meaning replace them? Or add them? Lol. Sorry I'm so dense today. I'm not from the UK Just kidding. Normally am quite clever

EDIT> Actually I used to live in Eastbourne way back when. So does that count?
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-15-12 12:15 PM
    Wait paste theme over? Meaning replace them? Or add them? Lol. Sorry I'm so dense today. I'm not from the UK Just kidding. Normally am quite clever

EDIT> Actually I used to live in Eastbourne way back when. So does that count?
    Same as you would do with the Java Files, overwrite the existing .alx files.

Jeez, Eastbourne, we call it Gods Waiting Room over here as everyone who lives there seems to be over 80 !!!
    10-15-12 12:21 PM
    Same as you would do with the Java Files, overwrite the existing .alx files.

Jeez, Eastbourne, we call it Gods Waiting Room over here as everyone who lives there seems to be over 80 !!!
    Thanks again. Can I just delete the .alx files from the base os, and paste the Dakota ones on there?

Yep retirement city lol. But I was only like 5 or 6 when I lived there. We owned a Wimpy's right by the sea, that was the only plus
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-15-12 12:28 PM
    Thanks again. Can I just delete the .alx files from the base os, and paste the Dakota ones on there?

Yep retirement city lol. But I was only like 5 or 6 when I lived there. We owned a Wimpy's right by the sea, that was the only plus
    Wimpy Bars, now that does bring back some memories.

From memory, there are only 3 files in the Dakota zip just to prevent some duplicate modules being installed, so just drop those files from the zip over teh ones in the base OS.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-15-12 12:31 PM
    I was in Leeds for a bit was dating a girl that lived there...Hamster did you load the hybrid okay?
    10-15-12 12:32 PM
    Wimpy Bars, now that does bring back some memories.

From memory, there are only 3 files in the Dakota zip just to prevent some duplicate modules being installed, so just drop those files from the zip over teh ones in the base OS.
    Oh man, Wimpy's was great. I remember the sundae's the most of course...nothing a Brown Derby or KnickerBocker Glory couldn't cure! LOL

So I will be adding these 3 files to the existing .alx then?

I was in Leeds for a bit was dating a girl that lived there...Hamster did you load the hybrid okay?
    Hey Tdot, no haven't done it yet as I'm a bit confused about these .alx files and which base to use ie the multi or all language one.

Eh. Maybe I should just do the RC6B1 - Legal seems to be having a great go with that one
    ifraser likes this.
    10-15-12 12:37 PM
    GPS lock is fine for me, with my 9900 I have never got a GPS icon when the phone is searching for lock, so you actually have a Blackberry?? lol

It shouldnt matter which version of 714 you use, we do reckon the multi-language on behaves better but as I
    wasnt too picky on my 9900 and it settled within 2 days after a reload I dont think you will get a bad result
    no matter what.

And Hamster, dont bother with the alx files if you dont want to use them, they are only there to prevent duplicate files getting loaded, the java mix is the important
    stuff for the hybrid.

RC7 B1 is highly recommended.
    hamsterwheel and deezy87 like this.
    10-15-12 12:44 PM
    Oh man, Wimpy's was great. I remember the sundae's the most of course...nothing a Brown Derby or KnickerBocker Glory couldn't cure! LOL

So I will be adding these 3 files to the existing .alx then?

Hey Tdot, no haven't done it yet as I'm a bit confused about these .alx files and which base to use ie the multi or all language one.

Eh. Maybe I should just do the RC6B1 - Legal seems to be having a great go with that one
    All you are doing with the zipped .alx files is overwriting the ones in the base OS, it will just effectively replace 3 of the existing base OS files and leave the rest intact.

Sator recommends using the small .sfi file so you are fine with the stickied .714 in the 9900 thread as your base.
    It's RC6B2 that is going great guns for me
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-15-12 12:48 PM
    GPS lock is fine for me, with my 9900 I have never got a GPS icon when the phone is searching for lock, so you actually have a Blackberry?? lol

It shouldnt matter which version of 714 you use, we do reckon the multi-language on behaves better but as I
    wasnt too picky on my 9900 and it settled within 2 days after a reload I dont think you will get a bad result
    no matter what.

And Hamster, dont bother with the alx files if you dont want to use them, they are only there to prevent duplicate files getting loaded, the java mix is the important
    stuff for the hybrid.

RC7 B1 is highly recommended.
    All you are doing with the zipped .alx files is overwriting the ones in the base OS, it will just effectively replace 3 of the existing base OS files and leave the rest intact.

Sator recommends using the small .sfi file so you are fine with the stickied .714 in the 9900 thread as your base.
    It's RC6B2 that is going great guns for me
    I stand corrected. RC6B2

As always gentlemen, thank-you

Shall get going on this after I return from the dentist
    10-15-12 12:52 PM
    I'm on RC7B for like the 4th day I believe...this is intense right now...im at +99% for like an hour and a half lol my Berry is haunted!! blasting music while I'm sitting at my desk here....how I love music! lol
    hamsterwheel and Sator like this.
    10-15-12 12:54 PM
10,888 ... 204205206207208 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD