I see there is RC7B1 and RC7A1 .. .which one is the newer one. I had some hiccups while trying RC7B1. I had to re download the entire .714 base coz somehow mine was not decompressing giving me errors. After a successful download and install I overlayed the RC7B1 java I wiped my phone with bbsak as i normally do, closed it and opened loader but strangely loader cud find any OS installed. I had to use bbh tool. tried to shrink with it but don't think it was done. I opened loader via bbh tool and ran it and that's how i got it to find the OS on my phone. Have installed since about 3hrs ago, have everything set up. waiting to do a battery pull and then an overnight charge before i sleep. Phone feels hot although temps are around 30.
    Net speed is the only reason i went with the .714 base. Its freakin fast. downloads and all. even my apps installed in a fraction of the time they normally take. My two concerns are now temps and battery life. That's it. The rest is all awesome so far. Will give it a full week to see how it fairs. If all fails I revert back to the one mix that seems to work for me and that is .694 AT&T + AT&T java hybrid V1. Much respect and many thanks to the BL Team.
    Ok. Not being funny but A comes before B. And also the Beta is under the New Release Banner.

Please use a fresh 714 OS with the RC7 Beta 1 package for a fresh install.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    10-14-12 02:29 PM
    Lol I saw the RC7B1 before I saw the RC7A1 hence the question which now sounds like a very blonde question i must admit.
    ifraser likes this.
    10-14-12 02:35 PM
    Thanks Phill, must I use loader after modifying the BB alx file?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    10-14-12 03:07 PM
    day 2 with RC7B no complaints....
    Sator likes this.
    10-14-12 04:01 PM
    day 2 with RC7B no complaints....
    same here ... smooth running
    Sator and deezy87 like this.
    10-14-12 04:21 PM
    Better than .714 stock?
    10-14-12 05:23 PM
    Better than .714 stock?
    I would have to say yes...BL Ultimate series is nothing to fudge with...give it a shot, you have nothing to lose.
    Sator likes this.
    10-14-12 07:32 PM
    Thanks Phill, must I use loader after modifying the BB alx file?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    I've never got the alx files, always a full OS or Java only...haven't noticed any ill effects.
    10-14-12 07:33 PM
    Hi all,

Does anybody help me to get needed .cod file for vietnamese input languague?

Thanks
    10-14-12 09:59 PM
    can someone please explain how to install this step by step, i have no idea how to even start, im a hybrid noob.
    10-14-12 10:15 PM
    can someone please explain how to install this step by step, i have no idea how to even start, im a hybrid noob.
    Get a base OS, I am personally using 7.1.0.714

Delete vendor files using this

Copy either full OS or Java into tthe base OS you're using

Wipe device with BBSAK, BBH Tool, or even jl_cmder

Shrink to your liking using BBH Tool

Launch Loader

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Please be advised as it takes up to 5 days for some hybrids to settle, and pull battery up to 6 hours apart
    Sator likes this.
    10-15-12 03:39 AM
    New report RC6B2 on 9900 - 60 hours run on 3G no charge with one battery pull because I split water on my phone :P. Light usage some sms, voice call about 30 minutes, Facebook, Wikipedia and Google Maps for about 20 minutes, about 2 emails or notifications in hour. Minimum ADR 0.5%, average 1.25 %, battery is on 18 % now. Memory lost 4.5MB. Great release.

P.S. I noticed that some apps take more time to shutdown, but start of all apps is blazing fast.
    Sator likes this.
    10-15-12 04:03 AM
    can anyone comment for us torch users on battery life for the BL hybrid (RC6B2 or RC7B)?

Im on .658 stock os..was on RC6B before (not sure if i installed it right though )..

And just one question..with the .alx files, do we need to just copy and paste over the base os .alx files (so replacing those exact .alx files right?)
    10-15-12 04:21 AM
    Hi Eagle or any other clever person

I like you live in the UK (O2) and have been installing these BL hybrids from the beginning on my 9900�

Originally it was a case of

Install base
    Go into each folder (java etc) and copy and overwrite all files from hybrid
    Do the same in the root folder of install
    Backup data (precaution with DM)
    Delete vendors
    Then use DM to install the OS
    It reinstalls all my apps automatically and also restores all my data automatically.

The results was always around 1.5 � 2% ADR on idle and around 2.5% - 3.5% average, which is goodish but I spend my nights in a full signal 3G area and have wifi on and connected to a solid wifi signal� during the day I am at work with wifi off and full 3G signal. So I wonder why I cannot get your type of ADR. App wise I have twitter, facebook and blackberry news all of which I have set to update manually and beweather refreshing every hour during the day on my wallpaper�

After seeing your comments about how wiping your devices seems to have had a good impact I did this for RC6b2

Install base
    Go into each folder (java etc) and copy and overwrite all files from hybrid
    Do the same in the root folder of install
    Backup data with DM (to restore later)
    Delete vendors
    Then use BBSAK to backup apps
    Then use BBSAK to wipe device
    Then use BBSAK to install OS
    Question here � during install process you get to a device application selection screen where you can choose which apps to install as part of the os install, languages, email setup, and various others, do I leave them all off here and just restore them with BBSAK after or do I install the ones I use here if available?
    Then use DM to restore data
    Then use BBSAK to restore Apps
    Qustion here, if I just hit the restore apps button, it seems to have all the apps grouped together in 1 �BBSAK backup� when looking into applications in the BB, also none show up in app world, also when manually downloading one of the apps it asks to overwrite �BBSAK backup� and when I say yes it removes all the other apps that were grouped in here� Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

Any advice guidance as to whether my approach is correct or if there is anything I should be doing differently?

Thanks guys
    10-15-12 04:39 AM
    Hi desperately need some help here guys, I'm on my 3rd day on rc6b2,1st day at night I got 2.0 ADR idle time but when I started to use heavily got 6% ADR, 2nd day ADR idle time while sleeping ot 0.9% but when I started to use I got 6-7 ADR, now on my 3rd day I'm getting same readings about 5-6% ADR, with high temp readings, this is my 2nd time to install rc6b2 with kinda the same readings the only diff is this time I wiped the os bfore installing rc6b2, could it be the what's up messenger app that's causing the high ADR? I use twitter,fb, meterberry and what's up messenger, and I have followed all the battery pull scheds.. What should I do? The thing here I noticed is the ADR idle time is low.. But when I start to use the fone it shoots up like crazy
    10-15-12 04:52 AM
    Hi desperately need some help here guys, I'm on my 3rd day on rc6b2,1st day at night I got 2.0 ADR idle time but when I started to use heavily got 6% ADR, 2nd day ADR idle time while sleeping ot 0.9% but when I started to use I got 6-7 ADR, now on my 3rd day I'm getting same readings about 5-6% ADR, with high temp readings, this is my 2nd time to install rc6b2 with kinda the same readings the only diff is this time I wiped the os bfore installing rc6b2, could it be the what's up messenger app that's causing the high ADR? I use twitter,fb, meterberry and what's up messenger, and I have followed all the battery pull scheds.. What should I do? The thing here I noticed is the ADR idle time is low.. But when I start to use the fone it shoots up like crazy
    Yes, I think it's your whatsapp that makes your ADR a lil bit higher, usually around 6%/hour. For whatsapp make sure you always click exit button instead of escape button.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    ifraser and crusher9228 like this.
    10-15-12 04:58 AM
    Lol I saw the RC7B1 before I saw the RC7A1 hence the question which now sounds like a very blonde question i must admit.
    Ok, thats good as the B1 is the latest, the reason that it is large and in bold

Berrylicious Ultimate RC7 Beta 1 Java Only
    10-15-12 05:02 AM
    whatsapp is a massive battery drain - from experience... i do not use it for this reason...
    ifraser likes this.
    10-15-12 05:02 AM
    Yes, I think it's your whatsapp that makes your ADR a lil bit higher, usually around 6%/hour. For whatsapp make sure you always click exit button instead of escape button.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Alright I deleted what's up and will monitor and update you guys, do u knw if viber also has massive battery drain or only what's up?
    10-15-12 05:16 AM
    it really depends on how often you receive the message, either whatsapp or viber or line, they use BIS to push message when received.
    I am on RC7B1 and received whatsapp msg around 50/hr and I have adr of 4-5%, with 3G full bar, moderate internet usage.

RC7B1 ROCKS!
    Sator and piziyu2005 like this.
    10-15-12 05:59 AM
    hi all, im a newcomer here,still learning how to flash hybrid rom for bb,or should i say reload? nvm.
    got my first problem in reloading hybird rom on my BB curve 9360, as stated on the title, BL hybrid is for most 7.1 device, right?well, i succeeded in reloading RC7A1 on my curve, but there is no FM radio app to be found, is there anything wrong?or BL hybrid is simply not for curve 9360?

fyi, i follow the instruction found on the first page..

thanks for the support
    Koax and 9360 users, if you guys want the 9360 FM radio app, use BBH Tools to inject the attached FM cod, and you'll have your FM Radio Installed
    Attached Files
    ifraser, koax94 and SupremeFeicks like this.
    10-15-12 07:23 AM
    Can I know the specific version of your whatsapp, cause my one is the latest version 2.8xxxx. But the battery used in 20%+ by adr.
    thanks
    it really depends on how often you receive the message, either whatsapp or viber or line, they use BIS to push message when received.
    I am on RC7B1 and received whatsapp msg around 50/hr and I have adr of 4-5%, with 3G full bar, moderate internet usage.

RC7B1 ROCKS!
    10-15-12 07:43 AM
    Koax and 9360 users, if you guys want the 9360 FM radio app, use BBH Tools to inject the attached FM cod, and you'll have your FM Radio Installed
    This is also now on the front page but for all you Curve users wanting to try RC7 : FM radio patch.rar
    Sator, koax94 and SupremeFeicks like this.
    10-15-12 07:50 AM
    I loaded the RC7B1 a couple days ago and this OS seems to give me the best battery life of the last couple OSes. I run idle at 1% and around 2% with a bit of use. I have seen these numbers before, but on the last few leaked or vendor OS versions I had lost these low battery drain rates. For example, the 9900 has been off the charger since 8am yesterday and left in bedside mode all night with the radio/wifi on, but display off. It is now 26.5 hours later and my battery is at 55%. I would probably be considered a light user with mostly BBM, web Browsing, email and only a few calls a day. The low idle rate means the phone has battery when I am ready to use it.
    Sator likes this.
    10-15-12 08:46 AM
    RC6B2 still giving outstanding performance.

Light weekend use, off charge 8:30 pm Friday. By 8:30 pn Sunday after 48 hours battery was still at 70%.

Great job Sator and teh team.
    Sator, Mi.key, ReBeL25 and 2 others like this.
    10-15-12 08:59 AM
10,888 ... 203204205206207 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD