Guys, if i tell you that this morning my phone was running at 0.00% drain and the max today has been 1.15% then you know
    what you are waiting for with RC7 B1.

Once Zoc has uploaded it we will make it available.
    How can you do this to me when I am only on day 2 with RC6B2 !!!

If I recall your earlier post, RC7B1 will be Java only.

Should we therefore use the .alx files from RC7A ?
    maxx71 and Sator like this.
    10-12-12 09:15 AM

just reload the new BL again . take it easy man ... LOL
    ifraser likes this.
    10-12-12 09:33 AM
    Guys, if i tell you that this morning my phone was running at 0.00% drain and the max today has been 1.15% then you know

With ADR like that, I'd never again need to do any new OS install..lol.. Can't wait for RC7 B1 to be released.
    10-12-12 09:36 AM

Yes that would be fine, i tend to carry the same one I have used for ages (alx files)

Its hard to think how much more we can improve the OS really beyond this but
    I havent had any major issues over the last couple of day. we had to change one file but since then it
    bee running really well.
    Legal Eagle and deezy87 like this.
    10-12-12 09:45 AM

Bring it ON.......................
    10-12-12 09:47 AM

Tic Toc, Tic Toc
    Sator and ifraser like this.
    10-12-12 09:48 AM

Yeah, not been on 6b2 for long but since Sator reccomended this, i'm waiting anxiously
    Sator likes this.
    10-12-12 09:50 AM
    Marvellous! can't wait any more. Let's wait for Zocs to upload it!

ets
    ifraser likes this.
    10-12-12 09:56 AM
    wow !!! I need that.

I just came back from a long trip and the RC-7A1 with 714 os & sfi worked flawlessly. Now am awaiting for 7 beta 1
    Sator likes this.
    10-12-12 10:06 AM
    Hi there,

Do we also need to download and copy these files over, the Original BB OS, and Hybrid?

Files in Question Below:
    Attached Files Dakota.zip (52.2 KB, 715 views)
    Monza.zip (54.5 KB, 140 views)
    Jenings.zip (54.9 KB, 155 views)

If not please confirm with full instructions to do all this update please.

Regards,
    Tom
    Yes, you remove the Standard os alx files then replace with the ones in the files depending on your handset model.

let us know if you have any issues.
    10-12-12 11:30 AM
    Hi there,

I am now totally lost,,,

I own a Blackberry Bold 9900 just bought it brand new 1 week ago... from Rogers Wireless Canada... (so the model will be a BB Bold 9900 to my understanding)

I have all ready installed the Original BB Master OS and its these series (9900M_v7.1.0.658_P5.1.0.485)

Can you please show me where to down load the correct (Hybrid 7.1 OS)

I dont know which one to use?

Hybrid 7.1 OS Beta1? for this BB Bold 9900
    Hybrid 7.1 OS Beta2? for this BB Bold 9900

Please provide me the download link if possible for the suggested Hybrid 7.1 OS for this current Blackberry Bold 9900

and can you please tell me what file to download for a Blackberry Bold 9900 on the main 1st page?

Files in Question Below:
    Attached Files Dakota.zip (52.2 KB,?
    Monza.zip (54.5 KB, ?
    Jenings.zip (54.9 KB,?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
    Tom
    Right, if you have installed .658 as Base OS the best Hybrid to install is RC6B2

9900_Full_OS_BL_RC6 Beta2.rar

Download and unzip.

Copy Java Files from Hybrid and paste making sure to overwrite all files when asked into the Java Folder in the base OS you have installed.

Copy .alx files from the Hybrid and paste again making sure to overwrite all files in the base OS.

Shrink to taste and load.

Wipe of device is strongly advised prior to loading (voice of experience)

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-302...-blackberry-os
    10-12-12 12:36 PM
    Thank you, Legal Eagel,

and can you please tell me what file to download for a Blackberry Bold 9900 on the main 1st page?

Files in Question Below:
    Attached Files Dakota.zip (52.2 KB,?
    Monza.zip (54.5 KB, ?
    Jenings.zip (54.9 KB,?

Which one out of the 3 if they are needed for a BB Bold 9900?

and do one if these go over the stock/oem OS or over the Hydrid OS you sent me?

If these zipped files are required?

Thanks Again!
    Tom
    The Hybrid Download contains the correct .alx files you will need. Just copy and paste those into teh base OS and you are good. The Dakota files would have been the ones you needed for the first 2 or 3 RC Builds but are now incorporated into the full OS downloads.
    10-12-12 12:46 PM
    Thank you very much and i am very grateful!

Thanks Agian Legal Eagle and ifraser...

I will be doing this update later tonight thanks again for all of your time...

Have a good one! Legal Eagle...

Regards,
    Tom
    Good luck with the install, seems a bit complicated first time you do it but well worth the effort, before you know it you will be installing these babies in your sleep !!!

Following battery pull schedule is advised:

1 after setup and install of apps

1 on day of install prior to going to bed with full overnight charge

2 each on next two successive days at least 6 hours apart.

May seem excessive but it works, and RC6 reboots very quickly so you will hardly have any downtime.

Any more questions or problems just ask, there are regular posters on here across many time zones so you shoudn't have to wait too long for an answer.

I'm signing off now as it's 7:00pm Friday night here in teh UK so time for a few beers.
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-12-12 12:56 PM
    Legal,

When you reload the OS using BBSAK, when you get to the device application selection screen, do you choose all the ones you need here? or do you leave them all off and once the os is installed reload the backup you made pre wipe? or both?

guidance appreciated
    10-12-12 03:12 PM
    Apologies am a bit under the weather, well, more so the children are and me looking after them.
    I hope they get better real soon! Obviously more important than ... don't shoot me everyone.... the hybrid(s)
    10-12-12 04:44 PM
    I'm getting wierd scrolling issues on rc6b2. When reading CB or webpage, the screen suddenly scrolls up and I can't stop it for a couple of seconds. Doesn't happen all the time, though. This is only day 2 and have 2 more battery pulls to do so hoping it's still settling in.
    10-12-12 05:22 PM
    Wait is over

http://www.mediafire.com/?8ggik5wi0ofd0de

Copy and paste to a FRESH .714 install.

You can use either 658 or 714 as sfi and use the alx from post 1 to get rid of duplicates.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    Sator, alfons1, amerwahid and 10 others like this.
    10-12-12 11:27 PM
    thank zocster,Finally released
    10-12-12 11:34 PM
    Thanks Zocs. I have downloaded and now installing on 9860. report back feedback.
    Wait is over

RC7B1-Java.zip

You can use either 658 or 714 as sfi and use the alx from post 1 to get rid of duplicates.

BerryLicio.us
    Sator likes this.
    10-12-12 11:36 PM
    Wait is over

RC7B1-Java.zip

BerryLicio.us
    just about time. just got my dakota back, prepare to install it now.

thanks zocster and BL team.
    Sator likes this.
    10-13-12 02:18 AM
    Lol I'm in Legal Eagle's position, I'm just on day 2 of RC6B2, So now I'm downloading fresh .714 OS (Telenor Serbia) multilanguage .sfi, I believe this is the smaller sfi am I correct?
    I'm very confused about the .alx stuff because on post one there are only 3 .alx files for Dakota, is that all I need to replace from the fresh OS? (talking about only .alx files here).

2nd I think using .714 SFI is best, but I'm glad the .658 SFI option is there, which did you use to get the 0.00-1.15% ADR figures? (ifraser)
    And if you don't mind I'd like to know the setup you used, how you scheduled your battery pulls, and most of all your usage (low,medium,high, voice or data heavy. 2G/3G. and reception strength in your area) *Hope that isn't asking for too much xD I'm a very heavy user on the voice usage side, I always end up getting to 7.5 ADR despite being on 2G only and having -65 to -75dBa
    I'll also be shrinking the os down to under 70mb as I always do, I don't think this should cause any adverse effects, it would be greatful if a kind soul could answer some of these questions of mine
    10-13-12 02:33 AM
    ahhh.. not fair. I just loaded v1 hybrid for AT&T last night because that seems to work best for me, after a week the rc6b2 just had not settled down. I moved back to the special AT&T hybrid that is meant to work on .694 AT&T base and i once realized what i was missing (net speed is incredibly good) apps reinstall was super fast so is browsig and downloading. I have only had it since 11pm last night but it is miles better for me.
    I HAVE to try out this new hybrid however I have some questions, does the battery run cooler as i will install over the .714 base due to its awesome net speed however if i remember correctly the .714 base for me run hotter too. Atleast when i tried the leak of it not the official. Oh and will i need to get the .714 official or with the leak suffice?
    658 base is just not working out for me. Second question is an echo to what a certain poster above asked. Can someone explain detail about the .alx files. Are they needed or not or what are their purpose. Or in what instance will a torch 9810 user need them if at all?
    10-13-12 03:04 AM
    ahhh.. not fair. I just loaded v1 hybrid for AT&T last night because that seems to work best for me, after a week the rc6b2 just had not settled down. I moved back to the special AT&T hybrid that is meant to work on .694 AT&T base and i once realized what i was missing (net speed is incredibly good) apps reinstall was super fast so is browsig and downloading. I have only had it since 11pm last night but it is miles better for me.
    I HAVE to try out this new hybrid however I have some questions, does the battery run cooler as i will install over the .714 base due to its awesome net speed however if i remember correctly the .714 base for me run hotter too. Atleast when i tried the leak of it not the official. Oh and will i need to get the .714 official or with the leak suffice?
    658 base is just not working out for me. Second question is an echo to what a certain poster above asked. Can someone explain detail about the .alx files. Are they needed or not or what are their purpose. Or in what instance will a torch 9810 user need them if at all?
    I'm now on RC7B1 with small/Multilang (leaked) .714 sfi., and it runs very good and fast, the battery also runs cooler.

About the .alx files, it's been shrunk, if you wanna shrink it by yourself than it's better for you to use the .alx that's coming from your base .714

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sator; 10-13-12 at 03:45 AM.
    mfdubs and Phly_kid like this.
    10-13-12 03:31 AM
    RC6B2 really is the dogs bollocks.

Runs so cool, no memory loss, fast, smooth and brilliant browser. Nice battery life too.

Thanks for doing this build for the .658 .sfi Sator, much appreciated.

Difficult to imagine how RC7B1 can better it. It's all there on the Laptop ready to load, but I plan to stick with what I've got for now and this time there is not going to be any willpower failure !!!
    Sator likes this.
    10-13-12 04:22 AM
    When will the new BL Ultimate RC7 B1 for Bold 9900?
    10-13-12 04:49 AM
10,888 ... 199200201202203 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD