Sorry, not gone the app loader way ever, so i would not know but i guess it has to be leave apps but i stand to be corrected.
    IMO...you have to replace it, if you leave the apps meaning you stay with the previous OS....
    10-10-12 11:44 AM
    Yesterday i installed RC6B2 on base .658. Before this i already on RC7A1 on base .714. This is my 1st time downgrade the OS. After finish installation, i checked the App version by pressing Alt+Shift+H and there stated 7.1.0.714 (1909). I believe it should appear 7.1.0.658. Am i right?
    Nope, it will always show as .714 due to the .714 cods used in the build whichever base OS you installed it with.
    crusher9228 likes this.
    10-10-12 11:49 AM
    That's what I have done. Sure I remember it being the right way to go.
    Phone has just rebooted and radio connected.
    Just got the restore to do, phew, that was nerve racking.
    Thanks to all you guys out there who have talked me through my first wipe and app loader install, you know who you are.
    It is extremely nerve racking lol but you got a buzz out of it didn't ya? Like a rush almost lol. I'm glad you made it through unscathed!!
    Legal Eagle and maxx71 like this.
    10-10-12 11:52 AM
    Thanks for the explanation.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-10-12 11:56 AM
    Yesterday i installed RC6B2 on base .658. Before this i already on RC7A1 on base .714. This is my 1st time downgrade the OS. After finish installation, i checked the App version by pressing Alt+Shift+H and there stated 7.1.0.714 (1909). I believe it should appear 7.1.0.658. Am i right?
    RC6B2 will show OS .714, since it also used 714 cods, so your phone is showing the right thing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    deezy87, maxx71 and crusher9228 like this.
    10-10-12 12:00 PM
    It is extremely nerve racking lol but you got a buzz out of it didn't ya? Like a rush almost lol. I'm glad you made it through unscathed!!
    More nerve racking than buzz, but at the end of the day now I've done it once I will stick with this procedure every time I load a new OS

Hoping that it has cured my overnight idling issue once and for all.

That 507 error was scary though !!! Did I select the correct option in App Loader ?

One thing I have noticed putting MeterBerry back with BBSAK App Restore, it no longer appears in App Management in it's own right but seems to live in a BBSAK folder in there in App Management. Is this normal ?
    10-10-12 12:03 PM
    RC6B2 will show OS .714, since it also used 714 cods, so your phone is showing the right thing.

Glad to hear that. I thought im doing wrong in my installation steps.
    10-10-12 12:11 PM
    Quick Question, sure it has been asked before but this thread is sooooo long !!!
    When App loader asks leave apps or replace which option do I select ???
    Hate to say it, but I think "replace" is the answer. Wait for someone else to confirm this though...I'm not 100% sure.

Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-10-12 12:36 PM
    Guys, quick question. Just got a replacement device. Pre-loaded with Official .694 for ATT.

Should I install the ATT V2 hybrid or this new RC6B2 with .658???
    10-10-12 01:20 PM
    Guys, quick question. Just got a replacement device. Pre-loaded with Official .694 for ATT.

Should I install the ATT V2 hybrid or this new RC6B2 with .658???
    I'd do it if I was you Hamster!
    10-10-12 01:22 PM
    I'd do it if I was you Hamster!
    Yes, of course I will, but which one???? LOL it's so confusing
    10-10-12 01:25 PM
    I always run the latest version of Ultimate, but that's me. Give both a shot and stick with what worked best for you, my Torontonian sister!
    10-10-12 01:32 PM
    I always run the latest version of Ultimate, but that's me. Give both a shot and stick with what worked best for you, my Torontonian sister!
    Lol, my Toronto bro, Thanks.
    Guess since I'm on ATT I should try that one first. Alright off to dl .694 again. Already have the hybrid waiting on laptop
    10-10-12 01:40 PM
    Nice, good luck with everything!
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-10-12 01:43 PM
    Yes, of course I will, but which one???? LOL it's so confusing
    If you have never had the Mic issue on AT&T then IMO go for the RC6 build as the .sfi runs far cooler

If you have had the Mic isue then SE V2 has to be the way to go.

Good luck with the replacement phone, hope it is an improvement on the old one.
    ifraser likes this.
    10-10-12 02:40 PM
    If you have never had the Mic issue on AT&T then IMO go for the RC6 build as the .sfi runs far cooler

Thanks, I just finished installing the ATT V2. With this new device I don't know if the mic issue is there or not, so I figured better to try this one first.
    Then I can see how it does and move to RC6 if needed.
    Getting ready to restore apps and device switch now...hope all goes well, lol. Hate this part.
    10-10-12 03:12 PM
    Stay strong hamster! lol :P
    10-10-12 03:20 PM
    IMO...you have to replace it, if you leave the apps meaning you stay with the previous OS....
    Logical reason: when you wipe the device you have lost the old OS hence whatever is there as an OS needs to be picked. Hope i made sense but it seems the right way

---------- Post Merged at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Hate to say it, but I think "replace" is the answer. Wait for someone else to confirm this though...I'm not 100% sure.

When one has cleaned the device of the old software then why should one replace and with what ?? So leave apps should be the right option, IMO
    10-11-12 02:11 AM
    Logical reason: when you wipe the device you have lost the old OS hence whatever is there as an OS needs to be picked. Hope i made sense but it seems the right way

---------- Post Merged at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:38 PM ----------

When one has cleaned the device of the old software then why should one replace and with what ?? So leave apps should be the right option, IMO
    I did leave it and all is well, new OS is working fine, best one yet, smooth, fast and great browser.

Don't know if my overnight ADR has been solved as last night was the battery pull and full charge part of the settling process.

So nice to have the battery temp back to stone cold though !!!
    Sator and maxx71 like this.
    10-11-12 02:15 AM
    That is very possible concidering the issues we had when it was released.

I will be speaking to the group today over RC7 B1 to see if we are happy with the build yet.

---------- Post Merged at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:31 AM ----------

This does depend what network you are on btw, My phone ran cooler with 694 ATT v2 than with the 658 or even 714 RC mixes.

But the battery drain seems to be settling around 1.15% which is the lowest I have had in many OS`s
    10-11-12 02:35 AM
    We have been waiting impatiently for RC7B1! What has been your test for this build. Hope, it is better than RC7A1.
    Sator likes this.
    10-11-12 02:42 AM
    I made wipe and clean install of RC6B2 with scheduled battery pulls, this night i have forgotten to charge my phone and when look on ADR it was sitting at 0.7 with 3G, it is smooth and fast. TY for this great release.
    Sator and ifraser like this.
    10-11-12 02:44 AM
    We have been waiting impatiently for RC7B1! What has been your test for this build. Hope, it is better than RC7A1.
    The test has really just been everyday use, heavy web traffic and a number of decent calls. The ADR has sat really low for the last couple
    of days now that it has settled.
    Sator, maxx71 and BoldAlways like this.
    10-11-12 02:50 AM
    The test has really just been everyday use, heavy web traffic and a number of decent calls. The ADR has sat really low for the last couple
    of days now that it has settled.
    ... Time for preparing the base... and wait ... the anxiety ... pressing F5
    Sator likes this.
    10-11-12 04:34 AM
    ... Time for preparing the base... and wait ... the anxiety ... pressing F5
    hhahahaa. Xanax will help ya-lol or you can try a shot of brandy. hahahahah Maybe some Buddist chanting? lol
    Sator likes this.
    10-11-12 05:17 AM
10,888 ... 195196197198199 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD