If you reload you OS using the loader.exe you will notice when the App pics up your handset pin is says connecting to ARM 1st, then connecting to JVM.

I find if you hit next on the ARM connection it definitely makes a difference to the reload. It also reboots the phone again once it is enabled.

From an electronics side I am guessing the ARM is the Low level resource manager and possibly takes the sfi code better.
    10-10-12 03:38 AM
    Ifraser, quite interesting. I have been always installing OS using loader.exe but haven't noticed "connecting to ARM". Waiting for RC7B1, I will notice this time, otherwise, if you can mention step by step, it would be beneficial to many of us. Are we getting RC7B1 today?
    If you reload you OS using the loader.exe you will notice when the App pics up your handset pin is says connecting to ARM 1st, then connecting to JVM.

I find if you hit next on the ARM connection it definitely makes a difference to the reload. It also reboots the phone again once it is enabled.

From an electronics side I am guessing the ARM is the Low level resource manager and possibly takes the sfi code better.
    10-10-12 06:56 AM
    Not today, it is still getting issues tested and ironed out before released, there isnt really much of a process
    to the loader install,.

I just unplug the cable,

open loader and next to the 2nd screen, (one that show the PIN when its detected)

pull the battery on your phone,

Put the battery back in and quickly reinsert the cable,

AS SOON as the app detects your pin hit next.

then the process is the same as normal.
    SheeB likes this.
    10-10-12 07:13 AM
    Thanks. I didn't know about it. Next time, i will install as per your guidlines and see whether any difference in performance.

Not today, it is still getting issues tested and ironed out before released, there isnt really much of a process
    to the loader install,.

I just unplug the cable,

open loader and next to the 2nd screen, (one that show the PIN when its detected)

pull the battery on your phone,

Put the battery back in and quickly reinsert the cable,

AS SOON as the app detects your pin hit next.

then the process is the same as normal.
    10-10-12 07:34 AM
    *sighs* Feels like I've been dragged to h3ll and back via my balls LOL. Once again, I'd like to thank each and everyone of you that had some input to help me yesterday, we need to stick together like that! I'm happy to say after that little hiccup, I'm back in business...awaiting RC7B lol
    10-10-12 07:35 AM
    Good stuff, did you manage the loader OS install ok?
    10-10-12 07:38 AM
    Its been 30 hours since I installed rc6b2 on base .658 with 4 battery pulls so far.. My ADR is 7.5% I don't know why its still so high.. I have no apps installed, using meterberry to monitor...also temp is 29 degrees celcius
    Last edited by peepol; 10-10-12 at 08:17 AM. Reason: forgot to mention something
    10-10-12 08:15 AM
    Its been 30 hours since I installed rc6b2 on base .658 with 4 battery pulls so far.. My ADR is 7.5% I don't know why its still so high.. I have no apps installed, using meterberry to monitor...also temp is 29 degrees celcius
    I am on RC6b2 and it does work like a charm for me, the ADR after a heavy usage day is around 4.8% and temp has not gone beyond 25 degrees cel.
    Meterberry normally gives inflated figure, i would trust device analyzer to monitor ADR.
    Higher Temp could be due to many external factors including a bad install, carrier issues.
    I would suggest you to let it settle a little bit more and watch it for a couple of more days and still if the ADR is high then you can either reinstall or maybe by that time RC7b might be in business.

Keep us posted !
    deezy87, Sator and BoldAlways like this.
    10-10-12 08:34 AM
    Thanks, will keep you guys posted ill let it settle for a couple more days
    maxx71 and deezy87 like this.
    10-10-12 08:42 AM
    Thanks, will keep you guys posted ill let it settle for a couple more days
    Can't remember which build it was, but one of 'em took about 3-5 days if not a bit longer to settle....once it does, it sh!ts all over what RIM releases as an OS lol.....the BL team is full of extremely knowledgeable individuals, tip my hat to you all, I'd happily buy each and every one of them tequila shots, and have the guys lick the salt off a strippers cleavage LOL hahahahahahaha

For real though, allow it to settle and you'll be amazed at how nice this hybrid is, have been using BL since RC2 days and haven't looked back since!
    Sator and BoldAlways like this.
    10-10-12 09:23 AM
    Just wondering if the poster may have picked up the download with the wrong OS in the link.

That would explian the high battery temp if in fact he installed .694 .sfi and V2 rather than RC6
    maxx71 and BoldAlways like this.
    10-10-12 09:31 AM
    Hey Mr Eagle, did you ever end up using apploader to do your sh!t? If so, how did that go for you? Ian is able to help you out, just send him a PM. That guy is solid, he asked me if I wanted a hand to do it remotely, very thoughtful of him, but I'm back in business now.
    Legal Eagle and Sator like this.
    10-10-12 09:34 AM
    Just wondering if the poster may have picked up the download with the wrong OS in the link.

That would explian the high battery temp if in fact he installed .694 .sfi and V2 rather than RC6
    That's a valid point, it was confusing at that point in time.
    Hope you had a fruitful trip ! Good to see you back !!!!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-10-12 09:37 AM
    That's a valid point, it was confusing at that point in time.
    Hope you had a fruitful trip ! Good to see you back !!!!
    Going to be doing the wipe and install in about an hours time. Good to know you are around in case I have any issues !!!
    Sator likes this.
    10-10-12 09:39 AM
    Hey Mr Eagle, did you ever end up using apploader to do your sh!t? If so, how did that go for you? Ian is able to help you out, just send him a PM. That guy is solid, he asked me if I wanted a hand to do it remotely, very thoughtful of him, but I'm back in business now.
    Hey to you Sharma. Got a bit of work to finish off and then the wipe and load will commence. Going to try app loader via BBSAK, fingers crossed. Watch this space or your PM's !!!
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-10-12 09:42 AM
    We're here to help Eag;e, like yesterday I had everyone giving me a heads up and the 411 on what to do, we just need to help one another out in times of need and we can pull through! BL family forever!
    maxx71, Legal Eagle and Sator like this.
    10-10-12 09:43 AM
    Going to be doing the wipe and install in about an hours time. Good to know you are around in case I have any issues !!!
    I will be there for sure !
    Legal Eagle and BoldAlways like this.
    10-10-12 09:46 AM
    Go get'em Eagle....you won't be disappointed.

I'm about sixteen hours on RC6B2 and seeing the lowest ADR .90% and the lowest temps 19c, of any BL hybrid I've used so far ( rcb61, rcb7a1 and attv2)....658.sfi a real standout.

The only thing I did differently when loading ( full wipe with jl_cmdr and loader.exe ) was to let app world restart the device after an app install. Don't know if that makes a diff, but worth throwing out there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Legal Eagle, deezy87 and Sator like this.
    10-10-12 10:06 AM
    Waiting for mine to settle, getting same ADR of 7% but I'm hoping in the next few days it will have settled down.
    10-10-12 10:07 AM
    Maybe its a placebo thing, but I find if I use the sh!t out of my Bold after installing a hybrid, it seems to help settle...again I can be very wrong, but that's what I think personally, maybe Andy or Ian can chime in on this, and correct me if need be
    10-10-12 10:24 AM
    Quick Question, sure it has been asked before but this thread is sooooo long !!!
    When App loader asks leave apps or replace which option do I select ???
    10-10-12 11:06 AM
    Quick Question, sure it has been asked before but this thread is sooooo long !!!
    When App loader asks leave apps or replace which option do I select ???
    Sorry, not gone the app loader way ever, so i would not know but i guess it has to be leave apps but i stand to be corrected.
    Last edited by maxx71; 10-10-12 at 11:31 AM.
    10-10-12 11:20 AM
    Sorry, not gone the app loader way ever, so i would not know but i guess it has to be leave apps but i stand to be corrected.
    That's what I have done. Sure I remember it being the right way to go.
    Phone has just rebooted and radio connected.
    Just got the restore to do, phew, that was nerve racking.
    Thanks to all you guys out there who have talked me through my first wipe and app loader install, you know who you are.
    maxx71 and deezy87 like this.
    10-10-12 11:26 AM
    That's what I have done. Sure I remember it being the right way to go.
    Phone has just rebooted and radio connected.
    Just got the restore to do, phew, that was nerve racking.
    Thanks to all you guys out there who have talked me through my first wipe and app loader install, you know who you are.
    The adreneline russsssshhhhhh is second to none but i guess we all get used to it. Glad you are through with it to enjoy this wonderful build !!!
    Now i hope you get the idle ADR you sooo loved.
    Legal Eagle and Sator like this.
    10-10-12 11:31 AM
    Yesterday i installed RC6B2 on base .658. Before this i already on RC7A1 on base .714. This is my 1st time downgrade the OS. After finish installation, i checked the App version by pressing Alt+Shift+H and there stated 7.1.0.714 (1909). I believe it should appear 7.1.0.658. Am i right?
    10-10-12 11:37 AM
10,888 ... 194195196197198 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD