I get better results connected to a wifi network in adr. I would give a shot at that wipe and new reload.
    Cheers, I always used to get the same ADR on idle 24/7 untils the past week when night time is like three times higher than daytime.
    Just struugling to understand why.
    Hoping that the wipe and reload will sort.
    BoldAlways likes this.
    10-08-12 10:11 AM
    Is this something that you've recently done, legal? I.e turning wifi off at night?

Berries works grand on wifi, dunno why.
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    10-08-12 10:14 AM
    Cheers, I always used to get the same ADR on idle 24/7 untils the past week when night time is like three times higher than daytime.
    Just struugling to understand why.
    Hoping that the wipe and reload will sort.
    You will get that splendid adr.. I�m sure of it!
    Right now i�m trying to backup; wipe, restore, install apps in less than 30 minutes...
    10-08-12 10:15 AM
    Hmmmm...I go out on super guy mode, and RC6B2 gets released! can't wait to go home and load'er up.

I haven't given the AT&T brew a run, and I hear good things....how's this mix versus the AT&T, Sator?

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 - Powered by BerryLicio.us� Ultimate� 7.1 hybrid (RC7A) - Using CB Forums app
    Both builds runs smooth and pretty fast, but the .658 sfi runs cooler than the 694 sfi.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BoldAlways and maxx71 like this.
    10-08-12 10:18 AM
    Not sure if this would help you guys, but as soon as I enter my home I always turn on wi-fi. Leave it on til I leave my house. My ADR is like 0.86% on LIGHT usage, and dips close to flat 0. No complaints here.

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 - Powered by BerryLicio.us� Ultimate� 7.1 hybrid (RC7A) - Using CB Forums app
    BoldAlways and sheldonbk like this.
    10-08-12 10:18 AM
    Is this something that you've recently done, legal? I.e turning wifi off at night?

Berries works grand on wifi, dunno why.
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Hi Zocs
    No, I always used to turn WiFi off on the phone overnight as my router is set to go into sleep mode when I am asleep.
    The high overnight idle started the same night I installed RC7
    Using AT&T V1 prior, but every one of the BL builds had idled at 0.6 24/7
    I get 0.6% idle at home during the day but it shoots up every night to around 2%
    Loaded up V2 and problem persists.
    Deleted AOS & LED as it was a new version but that has made no difference.
    Only app loaded is MeterBerry.
    Ian and Sator have suggested a wipe and reload which I hope will cure, but curious as to why the difference between night and day.
    It's bugging the out of me !!!
    Any suggestions gratefully received
    10-08-12 10:33 AM
    Just loading the RC6B2 as we speak! I'll fill you folks in on any differences I see, I\ll be sure to beat the sh!t out of it to 'help' the settling in period.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-08-12 11:06 AM
    Oh for fox sakes which do I select again, 'replace with older blah blah blah' right? lol for the life of me I can't remember
    10-08-12 11:20 AM
    Oh for fox sakes which do I select again, 'replace with older blah blah blah' right? lol for the life of me I can't remember
    Select replace with older...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-08-12 11:28 AM
    Hi Zocs
    No, I always used to turn WiFi off on the phone overnight as my router is set to go into sleep mode when I am asleep.
    The high overnight idle started the same night I installed RC7
    Using AT&T V1 prior, but every one of the BL builds had idled at 0.6 24/7
    I get 0.6% idle at home during the day but it shoots up every night to around 2%
    Loaded up V2 and problem persists.
    Deleted AOS & LED as it was a new version but that has made no difference.
    Only app loaded is MeterBerry.
    Ian and Sator have suggested a wipe and reload which I hope will cure, but curious as to why the difference between night and day.
    It's bugging the out of me !!!
    Any suggestions gratefully received
    Am curious if Meterberry is the culprit.. must be always running.
    I'm wondering what the result would be if you deleted it and instead used BlackBerry's Device Analyser
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-08-12 11:31 AM
    Appworld has the old version of tinymeter v 1.0, attached is tinymeter 1.2 .jad
    I use tinymeter 1.2 instead of meterberry, it's a light app., it doesn't drain memory and it's free....LOL
    Thanks for the file. I'm curious though about compatibility... I tried to install tinymeter from App World and it said that it wasn't compatible with my device (9900). I checked and didn't see 9900 listed in compatible devices??
    10-08-12 11:35 AM
    Am curious if Meterberry is the culprit.. must be always running.
    I'm wondering what the result would be if you deleted it and instead used BlackBerry's Device Analyser
    Have had MeterBerry installed on phone since I bought it so doubt that it could be the culprit.
    As it is always running why would it have any effect on the ADR dependant on time of day ?
    Seems like something is kicking in overnight (it is not collecting info as is disabled)
    May be coincidence that it is occuring when Wifi is turned off, but only just considered this as a possibility.
    Just can't figure out what it could be, and so far no one else has been able to either.
    10-08-12 11:37 AM
    The reason that you get a better ADR with wifi on is because you can route BIS via wifi so your phone doesnt struggle to
    find a 3G network.

That is why i have been testing the builds with wifi off most of the time because I can also use
    wireless calling if on a wifi network which drops the ADR even more.
    sheldonbk likes this.
    10-08-12 11:41 AM
    The reason that you get a better ADR with wifi on is because you can route BIS via wifi so your phone doesnt struggle to
    find a 3G network.

That is why i have been testing the builds with wifi off most of the time because I can also use
    wireless calling if on a wifi network which drops the ADR even more.
    Ian

I get a rock solid 5 Bars of 3G at home 24/7.
    MeterBerry signal log shows consistent -77db throughout the period my idle ADR triples when Wifi is off.
    10-08-12 11:45 AM
    3G still requires the phone to constantly search for the local cell sites. Not entirely sure why but I also have good 3G in the house
    yet using wifi can half my ADR.
    10-08-12 11:48 AM
    I'm 1 week with RC7A1 and my ADR is holding around 3% +/- (right now it shows 2.51%/hr)

Screen brightness - 70
    Backlight timeout - 45sec
    Auto dim - Off
    WiFi always on
    I put it on the charger for 5-6 hours a night while sleeping.
    Listen to MLB@Bat

By far the best so far. I won't be running to update when a new Hybrid comes out.
    Sator likes this.
    10-08-12 12:15 PM
    I'm 1 week with RC7A1 By far the best so far. I won't be running to update when a new Hybrid comes out.
    Ah, but unlike RIM produced OS's, the next BL one is ALWAYS better !!!!
    sheldonbk and ifraser like this.
    10-08-12 12:24 PM
    Guys , I need a bit of your Help with this.

Recently, I had quite an ordeal wherein I inadvertently left my BB over a bank's ATM machine and returned within 3-4 mins to discover its gone. However, CCTV footage & BB Protect helped me to get my phone back. Hmmm! ..... was just plain super lucky. However, everyday's not Monday!

Generally, my BB is completely open, i.e. neither password protected nor encrypted.

Under the circumstances, without slowing down the phone or performance, what would you advise me best to do ?

================================================== =========
    Sorry for this "off-track" but all the Gurus are on this Thread hence I am asking.
    10-08-12 01:42 PM
    Ian

I get a rock solid 5 Bars of 3G at home 24/7.
    MeterBerry signal log shows consistent -77db throughout the period my idle ADR triples when Wifi is off.
    Weird how our 5 bars translates differently, mine sits at -70 while audio has some insanely low reading
    10-08-12 02:01 PM
    The easy answer to that is set a password in security settings.

I don't have anything to hide but still for my own security and the fact that an open phone is an invite for someone to abuse your account setting a password is a must.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    audio_engr likes this.
    10-08-12 02:07 PM
    thanks my bro nice share
    10-08-12 02:11 PM
    Weird how our 5 bars translates differently, mine sits at -70 while audio has some insanely low reading
    Too true.

Any thoughts on my idling issue Zocs ?
    10-08-12 02:22 PM

5 BARS on 3G

10-08-12 02:29 PM
    Ah, but unlike RIM produced OS's, the next BL one is ALWAYS better !!!!
    True, but this one is so solid I'm going to wait for RC8
    10-08-12 02:31 PM
    Mmm, mine idles at -90db on 3G in the house.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    10-08-12 02:43 PM
10,888 ... 190191192193194 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD