help.
    can i install OS 7.1.14 with RC5B2 java only? im using 9810... its been 4days since I installed it and the temp is on 26-30 celsius and even im not using the phone adr is between 2-8%.

thanks.
    10-04-12 02:34 PM
    But what is the use of shrinking it?
    Shrinking helps remove unnecessary software your phone does not NEED to run, does not use to run, and ou do not want installed.

It gives more memory space for installation of software, for speed of performance and less cpu usage hence more battery.
    Things like foreign languages you don't need, extra fonts never used, help videos, demo mp3, chinese applications never installed, games never played, other carrier apps like tmobile backup, and instant messengers never used can ALL be shrinked out making an OS go from 200MB+ to 80MB+ .

Knowing what to shrink is the art.

May the force be with you.
    10-04-12 02:46 PM
    help.
    can i install OS 7.1.14 with RC5B2 java only? im using 9810... its been 4days since I installed it and the temp is on 26-30 celsius and even im not using the phone adr is between 2-8%.

thanks.
    Please becareful if you want to use OS base over BL java only, higher OS base doesn't mean that it will give us a better result, some time it can degrade the over all hybrid performances. When RC5B2 was made back a few months ago there was no OS .714 yet.

I recommend you to test RC6B1 with OS base 658 for you 9810 or you can try 694 at&t V2 with OS base .694.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sator; 10-05-12 at 02:31 AM.
    chubals03 likes this.
    10-05-12 01:23 AM
    help.

thanks.
    As Sator said, its a no go. 9810 and 9900 best to use 658 sfi
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    chubals03 likes this.
    10-05-12 03:19 AM
    And where can I find this java thing?
    The downloads were on my signature until the powers that be complained but on the first post of the thread is the most common place to find all resources requires.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    10-05-12 03:30 AM
    The downloads were on my signature until the powers that be complained but on the first post of the thread is the most common place to find all resources requires.

As with my post said yesterday the OS's are built around the latest sfi or radio files so we test them this way and using anything different- older base with new java or vic versa will give you some very odd results and we cannot comment, or support an OS in that state.

Hope you can find one of the new mixes to suit your handset.

10-05-12 03:32 AM

The "powers that be" suck.
    It was great having all the latest links as part of your signature.
    Nothing like making the forum less user friendly is there.
    Hate the new format too.
    Thanks CB

sheldonbk, maxx71 and deezy87 like this.
    10-05-12 03:37 AM
    Could see why they complained though. Is was a few lines too many with external links.

All the data that is required is on the first post.

Please all await the new revision of RC6 B2 using the .658 sfi as per requested by a number of members.

But until then enjoy our current offerings.

Last edited by ifraser; 10-05-12 at 04:20 AM.
    10-05-12 03:57 AM
    any chances of RC7A becoming a RC7A2 or Beta?
    10-05-12 07:02 AM
    This forum is doing my head in with not letting me login.

Ok, until a new Base appears we will run with the RC7 range as usual.

We don't want to just up revisions too quickly.

10-05-12 07:17 AM
    In continuation to my post y'day on official and leaked OS .714 for 9860, I downloaded official OS today and noticed its sfi file is 66mb while leaked OS had 71mb. So, I installed RC7A1 over offical OS 714 and sfi (smaller size). It is around 10 hrs, result is excellent much better than leaked one with larger sfi file.
    I would like to have clarification from BL's team that we have read in several threads that there is no difference bet leaked & official OS as long as package is same number. So why we notice on two instances 523 and 714, both have smaller and larger sfi files.
    10-05-12 07:23 AM
    Sorry. Slightly slow reply due to not being able to login, again!

The larger sfi files tend to be the multi language ones. I believe Zoc posted an explanation on the differences a couple of pages back but this shouldn't change the functionality of them.

10-05-12 07:52 AM
    In continuation to my post y'day on official and leaked OS .714 for 9860, I downloaded official OS today and noticed its sfi file is 66mb while leaked OS had 71mb. So, I installed RC7A1 over offical OS 714 and sfi (smaller size). It is around 10 hrs, result is excellent much better than leaked one with larger sfi file.
    I would like to have clarification from BL's team that we have read in several threads that there is no difference bet leaked & official OS as long as package is same number. So why we notice on two instances 523 and 714, both have smaller and larger sfi files.
    The leaked .714 for the 9860 is a jAllLanguage version, hence the larger sfi... and the official is a MultiLanguage version, hence the smaller sfi

The larger sfi files tend to be the multi language ones.
    Smaller
    10-05-12 09:10 AM
    Please becareful if you want to use OS base over BL java only, higher OS base doesn't mean that it will give us a better result, some time it can degrade the over all hybrid performances. When RC5B2 was made back a few months ago there was no OS .714 yet.

I recommend you to test RC6B1 with OS base 658 for you 9810 or you can try 694 at&t V2 with OS base .694.
    I know you guys are crazy busy improving the hybrid and with your lives, but I have an idea...
    On the first post where each version of the hybrid is listed, include suggested base OS for each install. That way if someone wants to go back to an earlier build, they don't have to ask to know what base OS(s) work or are suggested - even if it's a range.
    Ian, I can't believe a CB mod got upset about your signature. All the links were to CB except for your one to BL. Since they did force you to change it though, you might want to include the links to the latest build on the first post initially and when you have a new build, just refer to the fact that new links are available to the new build on page 1.
    The alternative of course, is for everyone to go to http://Berrylicio.us - I would myself, but I like seeing many of the very experienced CB users comments here.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 10-05-12 at 09:34 AM.
    maxx71 and deezy87 like this.
    10-05-12 09:23 AM
    I should have added, that another thing that all of us can do to help others find the latest version of the hybrid is to add a link in our own signatures. I'm sure many or most know how but what I do is to go to the specific post where the new hybrid links appear and then click on the post number. Then copy the URL from the top of the browser and paste it into the signature with [ url ] before the link and [ /url ] after the link (remove the spaces inside the square brackets). If we all do that for the hybrid version that we're using, it helps others to find the hybrid even though Ian can't include all the links.
    10-05-12 09:29 AM
    I should have added, that another thing that all of us can do to help others find the latest version of the hybrid is to add a link in our own signatures. I'm sure many or most know how but what I do is to go to the specific post where the new hybrid links appear and then click on the post number. Then copy the URL from the top of the browser and paste it into the signature with [ url ] before the link and [ /url ] after the link (remove the spaces inside the square brackets). If we all do that for the hybrid version that we're using, it helps others to find the hybrid even though Ian can't include all the links.

Thanks for the help sheldon,

We will run with the links as they are just now. When we release the next OS I will change my signature to represent it.

However just now I am up to my eyes in work.

maxx71 likes this.
    10-05-12 09:34 AM
    Thanks for the help sheldon,

We will run with the links as they are just now. When we release the next OS I will change my signature to represent it.

However just now I am up to my eyes in work.

Seriously Guys, You have spoiled us for choices...........Take your well deserved break !
    10-05-12 09:59 AM
    I had suggested the same a few hundred pages back.....lol
    It's a fantastic idea and i am going to implement that right away
    10-05-12 10:01 AM
    The leaked .714 for the 9860 is a jAllLanguage version, hence the larger sfi... and the official is a MultiLanguage version, hence the smaller sfi

Smaller
    I do wonder, which BL hybrid are you running now ?
    10-05-12 10:03 AM
    Great following this thread... I am now running the latest .714 leak for my 9900 but I have tried beta 6 but was not satisfied with memory leak.
    Is version 7 better than the .714 leak ?(i.e running the full leaked version).
    10-05-12 11:32 AM
    Great following this thread... I am now running the latest .714 leak for my 9900 but I have tried beta 6 but was not satisfied with memory leak.
    Is version 7 better than the .714 leak ?(i.e running the full leaked version).
    As I understand it, RC6 was designed with .658 in mind whereas RC7 has been designed around .714 so if you like .714 leak then give RC7 a try over that base OS

I ran it f(RC7) for a few days and had no memory leak issues, and don't recall seeing it being complained about in this thread.

Of course, your leak may be an app issue.
    Sator likes this.
    10-05-12 11:50 AM
    Even I tried leaked .714 (larger sfi) and official (smaller) with RC7A1 and base .714. Result with official OS Smaller sfi is much better than larger sfi (Leaked). Its my second day with RC7A1 hybrid, battery drain 2-3% and signal locking is also better. Ofcourse I am using 9860 but I am sure similar result on 9900 too!

As I understand it, RC6 was designed with .658 in mind whereas RC7 has been designed around .714 so if you like .714 leak then give RC7 a try over that base OS

I ran it f(RC7) for a few days and had no memory leak issues, and don't recall seeing it being complained about in this thread.

Of course, your leak may be an app issue.
    10-05-12 07:19 PM
    Even I tried leaked .714 (larger sfi) and official (smaller) with RC7A1 and base .714. Result with official OS Smaller sfi is much better than larger sfi (Leaked). Its my second day with RC7A1 hybrid, battery drain 2-3% and signal locking is also better. Ofcourse I am using 9860 but I am sure similar result on 9900 too!
    I always like the smaller SFI, it runs better than the larger SF.I

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-05-12 07:26 PM
    Am I just blind? I can't find a .658 build for the 9810.
    10-05-12 11:13 PM
    Am I just blind? I can't find a .658 build for the 9810.
    You can try BL RC6B1 (Java only) and use base .658 http://www.mediafire.com/?hp13n941d88zada
    or BL 694 AT&T Special Edition V2 with base .694 http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...-users-746299/ (separate Hybrid thread) for your 9810.
    Lendo likes this.
    10-05-12 11:32 PM
10,888 ... 185186187188189 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD