Just a thought, and certainly NOT a criticism, but as these builds get more .sfi specific and sophisticated, maybe on release you could give us a little more info on whcih .sfi the build is designed to work with best, and any quirks we might expect with bedding in periods, higher ADR's etc etc

Eg

If I had known about the extended bedding in time and possible higher than previous battery useage I would not have reloaded the OS 3 times thinking I had a bad install/shrink.

As I said earlier, this is in no way intended to be a criticism of the team in any manner shape or form, merely a suggestion to help us enjoy these builds even more.
    deezy87 and maxx71 like this.
    10-03-12 11:32 AM
    P.S. You confirmed it wasn't because BBM was missing right? Because I shrunk it out also...
    Yeah, I had shrunk BBM out and was wondering if something such as App World was trying to interface with something that was no longer in the OS.

Ian thought that it was a possibility so I tried 2 reloads, one with App World and BBM in and one with BBM and App World out.

Made no difference at all but was worth a try !!!

This was of course prior to Sator posting to me that due to the constructions of the OS a higher than normal battery dishcarge and longer bedding in time could be expected.
    10-03-12 11:37 AM
    I hear you Eagle, the way I see it is that you've just given constructive criticism. These guys don't disappoint.
    10-03-12 11:37 AM
    I hear you Eagle, the way I see it is that you've just given constructive criticism. These guys don't disappoint.
    Far from it, it's just that the OS Gods who make up the BL Team know so much more about OS's than we do, and maybe on the odd occasion assume that we know more than we do !!!
    dindin likes this.
    10-03-12 11:40 AM
    Just a thought, and certainly NOT a criticism, but as these builds get more .sfi specific and sophisticated, maybe on release you could give us a little more info on whcih .sfi the build is designed to work with best, and any quirks we might expect with bedding in periods, higher ADR's etc etc

Eg

If I had known about the extended bedding in time and possible higher than previous battery useage I would not have reloaded the OS 3 times thinking I had a bad install/shrink.

As I said earlier, this is in no way intended to be a criticism of the team in any manner shape or form, merely a suggestion to help us enjoy these builds even more.

Thank you for your sugestions Eagle, I think the last two BL builds 694 at&t and RC7A1 came with the SFI. and we'll continue to do it.

OS 714 is naturally very fast, I think I explained it before that RC7A1 contains around 50 % of 714 cods and 50% of 658/649/694/569 cods, that's why it takes time to settle in.

In Hybrid world it's a common things that the first 3 days we'll experience high ADR/MDR, and device temp also warmer.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BoldAlways likes this.
    10-03-12 12:08 PM
    Thank you for your sugestions Eagle, I think the last two BL builds 694 at&t and RC7A1 came with the SFI. and we'll continue to do it.

OS 714 is naturally very fast, I think I explained it before that RC7A1 contains around 50 % of 714 cods and 50% of 658/649/694/569 cods, that's why it takes time to settle in.

In Hybrid world it's a common things that the first 3 days we'll experience high ADR/MDR, and device temp also warmer.

I think that all the RC 9900 builds have come with an .sfi in the package.

Problem is that from the early days we have got used to swapping .sfi files from the one supplied to our favourite one with no ill effects as the early builds worked with such a wide range of .sfi's

Now that your latest builds are getting to be much more .sfi specific to get the best out of them we need to get out of that habit, so a word of warning with each new release would not go amiss.
    Sator likes this.
    10-03-12 12:15 PM
    I think that all the RC 9900 builds have come with an .sfi in the package.

Problem is that from the early days we have got used to swapping .sfi files from the one supplied to our favourite one with no ill effects as the early builds worked with such a wide range of .sfi's

Now that your latest builds are getting to be much more .sfi specific to get the best out of them we need to get out of that habit, so a word of warning with each new release would not go amiss.
    This is very true, we did put the UTMS directory in the full OS
    downloads.

We are also very specific in letting you know which sfi files the OS`s were tested with, when I first posted RC7 A1 I said it had been tested on 658 and 714 bases.

The newer builds are also being build around the radios to try and get the best out of the OS and the phones.

As for settling in times, we cannot make comment or promises on these as everyone seems to be different. eg, my RC7 was settled within 2 days.

You know yourself we always make the battery pull requirement quite prominent and always will.
    Last edited by ifraser; 10-03-12 at 12:58 PM.
    deezy87 and Legal Eagle like this.
    10-03-12 12:56 PM
    Click to view quoted image

Observations :

RC-7A1 + 714 (os/sfi) has turned out to squeeze excellent ADR whilst giving maxed out performance.

{ Speed/snappiness, smoothness, browsing experience, apps handling } are further enhanced by the [7-Alpha-1 + 714] OVER [6-beta-1 + 658].

This is my Day-2 with 1-2 batt pulls every 6 hrs and lets see as the OS further settles in.

Bravo!! BL Team. The gourmet has pulled off another killer recipe that gets ALL STARS.

RIM : hope u are listening .. ... U are useless !!
    But keep giving us more OS's so that we continue to enjoy better recipe mixes courtesy Heartiest Thanks to the BL guys ...
    what screen capture do you use when u get a screenshootof your meterberry? i tried screen grabber and i cant take a screenshoot of my meterberry.

thanks
    10-03-12 01:14 PM
    what screen capture do you use when u get a screenshootof your meterberry? i tried screen grabber and i cant take a screenshoot of my meterberry.

thanks
    I use Advance OS and LED to take screen shots, check that app out, link is in my sig below
    |
    |
    |
    \/
    chubals03 likes this.
    10-03-12 01:29 PM

thanks
    whatever screen shot app you use, you have to assign it to your convenience key on the right, you will either have to click it once or twice, but it will take a screen shot of everything. it will not limit you on what to screen shot. only IF you assign to conveniece key. some apps have an option to integrate it into a hotkey or in the menu when pressing the blackberry key. but trust me, convenience key is the best.
    chubals03 likes this.
    10-03-12 01:45 PM
    Yea guess it is taking a bit longer to settle in than normal. Battery is all over the place. Charged this morning, went from 100%-80% in an hour on 2-3 texts & 2-3 emails . Just now I updated an app and it asked to restart so I did it, now battery is back at 95%....guessing its still settling

...higher than normal battery dishcarge and longer bedding in time could be expected.
    10-03-12 02:22 PM
    RC7A1.

EDIT: Please don't install/uninstall RC7A1, it takes up to max. 72 hours settle in time, and don't injecting any cod/cods, it will make the Settle in time alot longer.

Please I can't find my radio App, I did not shrink it. Maybe I deleted the cod manaully.

Do you know the cods for radio app on 9320? thanks. 9320/7.1.0.714

I deleted any 640x480 cods as my phone is 320x240.
    10-03-12 02:32 PM
    Guys, i want to try this but I can't understand of it, help?

I just want it to be smooth and to have a great battery life.

You can email me with a biiig how to, please.

[email protected]
    10-03-12 02:34 PM
    Please I can't find my radio App, I did not shrink it. Maybe I deleted the cod manaully.

radio app gone too
    10-03-12 07:27 PM

Use RC7A1 java only and paste it into your 9320_OS .714 java folder.

net_rim_bb_fmradio_app.cod, this is the radio app. cod

10-03-12 08:14 PM
    I believe radio app is missing from 714 I will make an offline installer for it from older OS.
    10-03-12 08:48 PM

Eg

Zoc is always upfront about what sfi he recommends, with the rc7 he has been very vocal about using 714. (Not picking on you), usually for the 9900 the sfi file is provided. He has done so with every release, reading the posts would be my recommendation, in the name of research.

I think every OS official/hybrid will act differently for everyone as we have different apps, useage patterns and carriers.

BL team provide a valuable service to the community and loading the OS a few times or finding out a few things the hard way is nothing to speak of. Like I said I dont mean to pick on you but merely provide a different perspective.

Last edited by LuVJuGGs; 10-03-12 at 11:47 PM.
    10-03-12 11:45 PM
    Use RC7A1 java only and paste it into your 9320_OS .714 java folder.

net_rim_bb_fmradio_app.cod, this is the radio app. cod

That's what I did. Thanks.
    10-03-12 11:54 PM

Normal usage with voice calls and BBM

Heavy usage with voice calls and more BBM

This is how my ADR looks like lol. Even when idle-ing, it only goes to 2%+. Btw, im using only 2G, not using 3G because my 3G line with this new carrier of mine sucks
    Last edited by Slayohslay; 10-04-12 at 02:24 AM.
    10-04-12 02:21 AM
    BL Team Zocs & Sator, would you recommend to test RC7A1 on 9860 with base and sfi .714. Right now, I am using alone .714 and seems, performing much better and smoother.
    10-04-12 02:23 AM
    BL Team Zocs & Sator, would you recommend to test RC7A1 on 9860 with base and sfi .714. Right now, I am using alone .714 and seems, performing much better and smoother.
    If PURE .714 gives you good performance and battery life, stick with it. But im sure RC build gives you better overall performance than PURE Official OS so the choice is totally yours
    Sator likes this.
    10-04-12 02:46 AM
    How is rc4?

i cannot go through 300 pages to find out feedback.

i am grateful for all of thus but you should have made separate threads for the rc versions
    10-04-12 02:59 AM
    How is rc4?

i cannot go through 300 pages to find out feedback.

i am grateful for all of thus but you should have made separate threads for the rc versions
    Why go for RC4 when you have RC5 - RC7?
    10-04-12 03:01 AM
    Why go for RC4 when you have RC5 - RC7?
    because they are in beta
    10-04-12 03:02 AM
    because they are in beta
    In beta, but they perform flawlessly good Beta is just name, so that you can easily state which is which, Alpha's too
    10-04-12 03:03 AM
10,888 ... 182183184185186 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD