ATT v2 might be slightly before the weekend, testing is going well but RC7 with 714 was definitely a nice jump in performance.

I will be interested to see what the next sfi jump does with the RC7 Mixture.
    @ Ian, Anxiously waiting for the AT&T v2...........if i may just ask, does it have an option of any other sfi apart from .694 itself ?
    10-03-12 09:10 AM
    lol...the whole reason for the .694 Hybrid is due to AT&T Network issues with the handsets losing the mike.

We have to stick with the main part of the OS otherwise we run the risk of no longer having a working Special Edition

That is why we have kept then totally separate from the Standard Ultimate RC builds.

714 seems to be settling at different times for different people and the ATT builds dont heat up on my handset so I think a lot of the differences are due to network differences.

We have a number of testers now in different countries so if this is happening we should know before the Hybrid reaches public release
    10-03-12 09:20 AM
    lol...the whole reason for the .694 Hybrid is due to AT&T Network issues with the handsets losing the mike.

We have to stick with the main part of the OS otherwise we run the risk of no longer having a working Special Edition

That is why we have kept then totally separate from the Standard Ultimate RC builds.

714 seems to be settling at different times for different people and the ATT builds dont heat up on my handset so I think a lot of the differences are due to network differences.

We have a number of testers now in different countries so if this is happening we should know before the Hybrid reaches public release
    I just hope it runs cooler ........Rest i feel was an Awesome build !
    I have burnt my hands with trying to put .658sfi with it, hope this time we non AT&T users get it to work with a different sfi. That's just a Wish !
    10-03-12 09:29 AM
    But are we paying the price for RC7 performance with a longer settling in period and a higher ADR ?

.714 .sfi does seem to be quite good temparature and signal wise.

The problem with the AT&T Specials is the constraint of only having the one .sfi for you guys to work with. I found the .694 a hot runner with a weaker signal than .658 or .523.

That said, I got the best performance from that OS battery wise which speaks volumes for the power management given the temp and signal I was getting.

V2 will definately be getting loaded

I think you guys love the .658 SFI, Maybe BL has to come up with RC6B2_658_Edition?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-03-12 09:34 AM
    I think you guys love the .658 SFI, Maybe BL has to come up with RC6B2_658_Edition?

Yes, we just love the .658sfi for Sure

I feel the ideal mix would be the AT&T mix with the cooler running .658sfi........again a Wish and wishes do come true with BL mixes
    10-03-12 09:39 AM

Now that sounds like a great idea.

RC7 like performance without the settling in hassle ???

And as you say, .658 .sfi seems to have become the new .523 !!!
    10-03-12 09:54 AM
    RC6B2_658_Edition? Was that not why we originally released RC6 Beta?
    10-03-12 10:05 AM
    RC6B2_658_Edition? Was that not why we originally released RC6 Beta?
    If Sator feels that he can improve on RC6B2 then who am I to argue !!!
    10-03-12 10:15 AM
    RC6B2 sounds good..., let's see what BL can do for the .658 SFI lovers...

At the moment you guys can stick to/try RC7A1 + .714 SFI or wait for the up coming 694 AT&T V2. We'll do our best to make your wishes come true..

I guess it's time for BL to brew RC6B2...LOL

Legal Eagle, ifraser and maxx71 like this.
    10-03-12 10:32 AM
    i'm on .714, .714 sfi and java from rcb6, but am not getting best results. now shall i reload with .658 and .658 sfi? or wait for rc6b2? how long would the wait be? just a estimation.. decisions, decisions
    10-03-12 10:44 AM
    i'm on .714, .714 sfi and java from rcb6, but am not getting best results. now shall i reload with .658 and .658 sfi? or wait for rc6b2? how long would the wait be? just a estimation.. decisions, decisions
    I think that the Special Edition V2 will be the next release.

Give it a try, V1 was if anything a little better for me that RC6B1 on .658.

By the time you've given it a good try out, and if you don't like it, Sator might have RC6B2 for us
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 10-03-12 at 10:55 AM.
    ria__x and ifraser like this.
    10-03-12 10:53 AM
    Okay those of you with ADR envy; starting out day three on schedule with battery pulls....1.01% ADR. As a bonus, I can set my drink on the phone to keep my ice from melting

RC7A1 .714+sfi

BL you continue to out do yourself.

Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-03-12 10:54 AM
    Okay those of you with ADR envy; starting out day three on schedule with battery pulls....1.01% ADR. As a bonus, I can set my drink on the phone to keep my ice from melting

RC7A1 .714+sfi

Gives me a degree of hope that my high settling in battery consumption will go away if I am patient with RC7
    Mi.key and ifraser like this.
    10-03-12 10:58 AM
    Gives me a degree of hope that my high settling in battery consumption will go away if I am patient with RC7
    Same here legal, same here...
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-03-12 11:01 AM

RC7A1 .714+sfi

You have great result with RC7A1+.714, just stick to it....

ifraser likes this.
    10-03-12 11:11 AM
    I think that the Special Edition V2 will be the next release.

Give it a try, V1 was if anything a little better for me that RC6B1 on .658.

By the time you've given it a good try out, and if you don't like it, Sator might have RC6B2 for us
    i'll wait and see, thanks
    10-03-12 11:12 AM
    I idle on 0 overnight,and when I kick the sh!t out of my bold it gets as high as 6-9% on HEAVY use...add an extra 4-6% with hotspot on and me doing all my stuff at once as well, this is nice, hope everyone else has their issues 'settle' down over time.
    Sator likes this.
    10-03-12 11:13 AM
    Same here legal, same here...
    Don't know how far back you've read in here, but RC7 has been IDLING for me at 2% when I am used to 0.5/0.6% !!!

I have been assured by Ian and Sator that it just a quirk of this build that it needs quite a long bedding in period.

Stick with it Bro
    10-03-12 11:13 AM

I think it's strange you're getting such different performance from this build. I've always had roughly the same readings as you with previous versions.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Legal.

10-03-12 11:16 AM
    I idle on 0 overnight,and when I kick the sh!t out of my bold it gets as high as 6-9% on HEAVY use...add an extra 4-6% with hotspot on and me doing all my stuff at once as well, this is nice, hope everyone else has their issues 'settle' down over time.
    i've shot myself in the foot with RC7 by reloading it 3 times thinking I had got a bad install.

As it turns out this was the worst thing I could have done, but wasn't aware of the extended bedding in period until I had done the deed the 3 times, so now back to less than 24 hours in and having to be patient.

Consolation is that at least I now know what to expect and when !!!
    10-03-12 11:18 AM
    I think it's strange you're getting such different performance from this build. I've always had roughly the same readings as you with previous versions.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Legal.

Thanks, I was beginning to get paranoid until Sator kindly explained that what I was seeing was to be expected with RC7 and others posted similar experiences.

Just wasn't expecting it as all previous BL builds had settled in no time at all for me.
    ifraser likes this.
    10-03-12 11:21 AM

Every build is designed to run the best with only one specific SFI even though it can run with other SFI.

RC6B1 is design to run with 658 sfi for the best result, RC7A1 is design to run with 714 SFI for the best result, and the choice is yours.

RC1 to RC5 was a lil bit different, at that time we had 3 OS's (.523,.569,.580) that can run with a single SFI (.523) and fortunately the 523 SFI is a very good Radio file.

Legal Eagle, ifraser and ria__x like this.
    10-03-12 11:24 AM
    Don't know how far back you've read in here, but RC7 has been IDLING for me at 2% when I am used to 0.5/0.6% !!!

I have been assured by Ian and Sator that it just a quirk of this build that it needs quite a long bedding in period.

Stick with it Bro
    Pretty far, I've read every page in this thread since day 1 lol.

I went from RC5b1 on 523 base & SFI straight to RC7a1 on 714 base & sSFI. Never tried RC5b2, RC6b1/658 or the AT&T combo.

I'll wait till the weekend to see if it changes, if not I'll try RC6b1 on 658, or the AT&T combo (maybe V2 if its out by then).

Keep us updated how your RC7 goes.

P.S. You confirmed it wasn't because BBM was missing right? Because I shrunk it out also...
    10-03-12 11:27 AM

Great! You also have a good result with RC7A1, and I think the key is....be patience for 3 days to let our device settle in.

Last edited by Sator; 10-03-12 at 11:36 AM.
    BoldAlways likes this.
    10-03-12 11:29 AM
    P.S. You confirmed it wasn't because BBM was missing right? Because I shrunk it out also...
    Definitely nothing to do with that
    10-03-12 11:31 AM
10,888 ... 181182183184185 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD