Im waiting for the Special Edition v2 also. Because the v1 suits me indeed, very well
    10-03-12 04:13 AM
    P/s ; Im gettimg high ADR when idle-ing with RC7 too, never encounter this thing with other RC build also. But, i just load RC7 yesterday so, give it some times to settle and see how it goes we're on the same boat Legal lol
    It's good to know that i'm not the only one with the high idle ADR.

I'll let you know if it improves with time.
    Slayohslay likes this.
    10-03-12 04:24 AM
    It's good to know that i'm not the only one with the high idle ADR.

I'll let you know if it improves with time.
    Its okay if youre getting high ADR and MDR. I always did. As long as the battery and performance is excellent and gives what you need, its more than enough already, for me sometimes my ADR went above the skies, but still, my BB can last till the end of night time! but when you see the very low or low ADR on your meterberry or Device Analyzer, thats a bonus! *for me
    10-03-12 04:27 AM
    Its okay if youre getting high ADR and MDR. I always did. As long as the battery and performance is excellent and gives what you need, its more than enough already, for me sometimes my ADR went above the skies, but still, my BB can last till the end of night time! but when you see the very low or low ADR on your meterberry or Device Analyzer, thats a bonus! *for me
    Yeah, it's odd that this has only happened with RC7.

Every other RC build has idled well under 1%

But as you say, it is performing great otherwise and the battery still gets me through the day.

Just so frustrating that I can't explain it and no one else apart from you has reported the issue.

Such is the BlackBerry Life !!!
    10-03-12 04:34 AM
    Yeah, it's odd that this has only happened with RC7.

Every other RC build has idled well under 1%

But as you say, it is performing great otherwise and the battery still gets me through the day.

Just so frustrating that I can't explain it and no one else apart from you has reported the issue.

Such is the BlackBerry Life !!!
    I still envy those who gets the effing low ADR,
    10-03-12 04:36 AM
    I still envy those who gets the effing low ADR,
    LOL I was one of those effing people until RC7 came along !!!

Can't wait to rejoin them !!!
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-03-12 04:38 AM
    LOL I was one of those effing people until RC7 came along !!!

Can't wait to rejoin them !!!

Legal, this is my ADR with RC7A1, I installed it 10 hours ago after I've done with 694 at&t V2.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    audio_engr likes this.
    10-03-12 05:05 AM
    Legal, this is my ADR with RC7A1, I installed it 10 hours ago after I've done with 694 at&t V2.

Click to view quoted image

Hi Sator

It's just the discharge rate at idle that concerns me, the OS performs like a dream otherwise.

All previous BL builds have idled for me at around 0.6%

Overnight RC7 was idling at 2% per hour with 5 bars of 3G as is usual for me at home. That used to be my discharge rate during the working day !!!

I have tried it with both .sfi files, no differance.

Thought it may be shrinking out BBM conflicting with App World. Remove both, no change. Put both back, no change.

Just at a loss to explain why this one idles 1.5% higher than all previous builds did for me.
    10-03-12 05:11 AM
    Hi Sator

It's just the discharge rate at idle that concerns me, the OS performs like a dream otherwise.

All previous BL builds have idled for me at around 0.6%

Overnight RC7 was idling at 2% per hour with 5 bars of 3G as is usual for me at home. That used to be my discharge rate during the working day !!!

I have tried it with both .sfi files, no differance.

Thought it may be shrinking out BBM conflicting with App World. Remove both, no change. Put both back, no change.

Just at a loss to explain why this one idles 1.5% higher than all previous builds did for me.

RC7A1 is very fast (the fastest among RC's), that's why it drains ADR and MDR during settling in time (indexing and "aligning" the cods), let's see in a couple of days, I hope your device will settle in very well.

EDIT: Please don't install/uninstall RC7A1, it takes up to max. 72 hours settle in time, and don't injecting any cod/cods, it will make the Settle in time alot longer.

Last edited by Sator; 10-03-12 at 05:40 AM.
    BoldAlways, maxx71 and Legal Eagle like this.
    10-03-12 05:22 AM
    Can someone please help me?

I seemed to have messed up my bold 9930 while trying to install, had to wipe and re install OS 7.1 and now im at factory Verizon version .580

I have no idea what I am doing, even after reading Wu Wei's guide. What is shrinking? And is there some sort of software I should be using like BBSAK or something? I am so lost. Please anyone? I want awesome battery life like you guys!!! HELP!
    10-03-12 05:42 AM
    RC7A1 is very fast (the fastest among RC's), that's why it drains ADR and MDR during settling in time (indexing and "aligning" the cods), let's see in a couple of days, I hope your device will settle in very well.

EDIT: Please don't install/uninstall RC7A1, it takes up to max. 72 hours settle in time, and don't injecting any cod/cods, it will make the Settle in time alot longer.

Thanks Sator

Wish I had seen your edit sooner, I have done 3 installs of RC7 since Sunday thinking I had got a bad install !!!

Does adding/deleting Apps also increase the settle in time ?

Working from home all day today so leaving the phone on the charging dock while the OS does it's settling in.
    10-03-12 05:57 AM

I seemed to have messed up my bold 9930 while trying to install, had to wipe and re install OS 7.1 and now im at factory Verizon version .580

I have no idea what I am doing, even after reading Wu Wei's guide. What is shrinking? And is there some sort of software I should be using like BBSAK or something? I am so lost. Please anyone? I want awesome battery life like you guys!!! HELP!
    For shrinking one uses either BBHTools or BB Boss, I'd go with BBHTools(free, from http://www.theiexplorers.com )

I believe that the BerryLicio.us team preshrinks their hybrids, not entirely sure about that though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Sator likes this.
    10-03-12 06:03 AM
    ..... and don't injecting any cod/cods, it will make the Settle in time alot longer.

That's good to know. Is this generally true for all hybrids?

10-03-12 06:20 AM
    - Most of the OSs take a good couple of days to settle, the exception seems to be the ATT versions that are settling really quickly.

RC7 A1 speed is amazing and the app swapping really fluid. The battery on mine seemed to settle at about 3% after the weeks testing.

-The injecting cods theory is true for all OS`s, not just Hybrids.

- We do try to shrink the OS down as much as possible, I have left a couple of the most used app in the last
    couple of releases like social feeds, app world etc.
    Last edited by ifraser; 10-03-12 at 06:24 AM.
    BoldAlways likes this.
    10-03-12 06:21 AM
    - Most of the OSs take a good couple of days to settle, the exception seems to be the ATT versions that are settling really quickly.

RC7 A1 speed is amazing and the app swapping really fluid. The battery on mine seemed to settle at about 3% after the weeks testing.

- We do try to shrink the OS down as much as possible, I have left a couple of the most used app in the last
    I must have been lucky then as all the RC builds other than RC7 have settled for me in no time at all.

That's why I have been so worried by the way RC7 has been behaving for me

I will leave it alone until the weekend and see how it is doing then.
    Sator, maxx71 and ifraser like this.
    10-03-12 06:28 AM
    Thanks Sator

Wish I had seen your edit sooner, I have done 3 installs of RC7 since Sunday thinking I had got a bad install !!!

Does adding/deleting Apps also increase the settle in time ?

Working from home all day today so leaving the phone on the charging dock while the OS does it's settling in.

Adding/deleting apps doesn't effect the settle in time, as long as not by injecting the cods.

Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-03-12 06:29 AM
    That's good to know. Is this generally true for all hybrids?

In general this is true, injecting important cods can mess up the performance.

ifraser and maxx71 like this.
    10-03-12 06:55 AM
    RC7A1 has settled in nicely for me since Sunday. Though it is giving me an ADR of 5% overall after heavy useage but i still feel AT&T was a faster OS in comparison.

The only difference as per my limited knowledge is that AT&T ran warmer, 7a is running around 25-27degrees and AT&t used to run around 30-34degrees.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-03-12 07:05 AM

We haven't tested RC7A1 with 9930 yet, but if you wanna try, you have to use 649 SFI since there is no OS .658 or. 714 for 9930.

10-03-12 07:06 AM
    I must have been lucky then as all the RC builds other than RC7 have settled for me in no time at all.

Yeah ! I hope by the weekend we will have the AT&T 2.

We had similar performance sans the Rc7a1 which has worked for me until now.
    10-03-12 07:09 AM
    RC7A1 has settled in nicely for me since Sunday. Though it is giving me an ADR of 5% overall after heavy useage but i still feel AT&T was a faster OS in comparison.

The only difference as per my limited knowledge is that AT&T ran warmer, 7a is running around 25-27degrees and AT&t used to run around 30-34degrees.
    Using .714 .sfi RC7 is running for me temp wise in the late teens/early twenties.

How does your overall RC7 ADR compare with previous builds ?
    10-03-12 07:31 AM
    Using .714 .sfi RC7 is running for me temp wise in the late teens/early twenties.

How does your overall RC7 ADR compare with previous builds ?
    Overall ADR is now at 5.7% but with heavy useage it has crossed 11% (continuos 9 calls back to back) during the course of the day today ( which i have never seen with any RC builds before this).

By heavy useage precisely i mean :
    34incoming calls and 16 outgoing (around 90 minutes in total)
    23 sms and 62 email msgs
    350 bbm's
    Sator and Legal Eagle like this.
    10-03-12 07:39 AM

Overall ADR is now at 5.7% but with heavy useage it has crossed 11% (continuos 9 calls back to back) during the course of the day today ( which i have never seen with any RC builds before this).

By heavy useage precisely i mean :
    34incoming calls and 16 outgoing (around 90 minutes in total)
    23 sms and 62 email msgs
    350 bbm's
    I was with a friend and she needed the internet to do some work so I turned on hotspot and i was on BBM, Twitter facebook, a few calls and all that and got ADR or about 15'ish% I am in no way complaining, I went to a buddy's place and was constantly sending SMS messages, battery lasted til about 1:30AM more than enough juice....BL rocks the joint!
    maxx71, Sator, ifraser and 1 others like this.
    10-03-12 07:53 AM
    ATT v2 might be slightly before the weekend, testing is going well but RC7 with 714 was definitely a nice jump in performance.

I will be interested to see what the next sfi jump does with the RC7 Mixture.
    maxx71 and Legal Eagle like this.
    10-03-12 08:54 AM
    ATT v2 might be slightly before the weekend, testing is going well but RC7 with 714 was definitely a nice jump in performance.

I will be interested to see what the next sfi jump does with the RC7 Mixture.
    But are we paying the price for RC7 performance with a longer settling in period and a higher ADR ?

.714 .sfi does seem to be quite good temparature and signal wise.

The problem with the AT&T Specials is the constraint of only having the one .sfi for you guys to work with. I found the .694 a hot runner with a weaker signal than .658 or .523.

That said, I got the best performance from that OS battery wise which speaks volumes for the power management given the temp and signal I was getting.

V2 will definately be getting loaded
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-03-12 09:08 AM
10,888 ... 180181182183184 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD