ok, Green highlight is nothing more than the Porsche Theme folks

And as for the best signal, I would rate 694 and 714 very similar to be honest.
    Sator and maxx71 like this.
    10-01-12 08:29 AM
    I have noticed that my BB settles quick when I leave it on WiFi overnight. Don't know if it's just me.
    I think this might just be you mate, settling isnt really anything to do with the type of connection, more the indexing of your phones data.

That is unless you have a dozen BBM groups and it has to reconfigure them each time, then connection might have an effect
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-01-12 08:32 AM
    I have noticed that my BB settles quick when I leave it on WiFi overnight. Don't know if it's just me.

Yes it's good to put our BB in idle for a few hours, overnight is even better, so it can do the settling in process without being interupted...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-01-12 08:34 AM
    Something I noticed since I began using the hybrids: Whenever I turn location services ON and use Maps, it says "your location within 1.8Miles." It used to get as close as 5-10feet, but hasn't done so anymore. Anyone else have this?
    I had same thing, it was Google Maps. To solve the problem, I simply open BlackBerry Maps. Use find my location from menu. After it locks, I close it and continue with Google Maps.

BlackBerry Maps never missed a lock so far. It was always Google Maps which is saying my location within 800 meters, or 1400 meters sometimes.
    10-01-12 08:56 AM
    Wow. .714 base with same .714sfi with RC7A1 on my BB9900. Maybe it is just moi but it seems to have settled down overnite where the .658 os/658sfi with RC5b1 took several days. Any way, I just looked at the batt specs via the internal diagnostics on BB and it shows bat drain rate at .66%/hour!!??Average modules down at 82.5 and total cpu at .94%!! Maybe it will settle in a couple of days to higher levels? I live in Masachusettes,USA and maybe the .714/714 with RC7A1 is the best combo for this region? I have not done any thing different from the prior hybrid. I don't BBM or use the phone much. Still, these new numbers blow the doors of the previous .658/658 RC5b! I'll continue to keep doing bat pulls as per spec for the next 4 days to see if these awsome numbers stay true.
    Thank you BL team!
    Last edited by barbarianthemadserb; 10-01-12 at 09:09 AM. Reason: word error
    ifraser and Sator like this.
    10-01-12 09:04 AM
    ok, Green highlight is nothing more than the Porsche Theme folks

And as for the best signal, I would rate 694 and 714 very similar to be honest.
    Thanks for the theme tip. I will install this right away !

As for me .658 has worked with the orignal OS, RC6b1 and RC7a1.
    The .694 did not suit my carrier/location and the .714 though good was not as good as the .658
    10-01-12 09:09 AM
    Only have AOS and MeterBerry installed so doubt it's an app install issue.

Hadn't seen Sators post when I replied to you, so may just be as simple as a longer bedding in period that we've become used to. To be honest, with previous builds battery has been spot on from the word go so that's what was troubling me until Sators words of wisdom.

Zocs said to try the .714 .sfi so I will do that later on.
    My installtion process has got a lot easier with AOS ( i have chucked away 5 apps since this). Only have to reset settings within the app
    10-01-12 09:12 AM
    RC7A1 is more likely .714 hybrid, just like RC6B1, it's better suited with 658 sfi than 714 sfi

Maybe your GPS is ON? I always turn my GPS Off. I only turn it on when It's needed.

When setting is ON does it mean that device is always trying to lock GPS signal even no Maps software is running?

What I think is: It should be left ON at location services settings, and any application using GPS will use it when a lock is needed. It is not locking otherwise.

If somebody can explain...
    10-01-12 09:17 AM
    Thanks for the theme tip. I will install this right away !

As for me .658 has worked with the orignal OS, RC6b1 and RC7a1.
    The .694 did not suit my carrier/location and the .714 though good was not as good as the .658
    Hi Maxx

Thanks for the shared info.

I'm considering both sfi's .658 and .714 with RC7a1 over base 714. Which base did you use and where is your carrier/location? I'm on O2 in London.
    10-01-12 09:36 AM
    Just found something odd. I can't bridge with my Playbook any longer. This is a first for me. Has anyone else run into this?

I've uninstalled & reinstalled bridge; battery pull after. I've tried turning bluetooth on both devices off, rebooted, turned bluetooth on again, tried re-pairing by QR code and manual pairing. No dice. Suggestions?

I'm on RC 7A1 over .714 base, .714 sfi.
    I have the same installation as well and I do not have any problems bridging to my PlayBook.
    10-01-12 09:39 AM
    Hi Maxx

Thanks for the shared info.

I'm considering both sfi's .658 and .714 with RC7a1 over base 714. Which base did you use and where is your carrier/location? I'm on O2 in London.
    I used the .714 base and .658sfi. My carrier is Vodafone and location is India.
    10-01-12 09:41 AM
    I used the .714 base and .658sfi. My carrier is Vodafone and location is India.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Maybe I'll wait, because I need enough time to install with all my apps, and see what Legal comes back with, otherwise I'm good to go with your setup.
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-01-12 09:48 AM
    so far so good, using 714 base and 714 sfi for RC7. everything smooth and all bbg restored well. temperature still at the high 20, perhaps because it still settling.

Have this crazy curiosity though...how if I use .649 SFI? anybody have tried this? or should I forget this idea?
    10-01-12 10:00 AM
    Does anyone know how I can fix the following? I'm asking here because this is where the knowledge base is.

I use Gmail for my email, calendar and contacts. The last couple of times when I installed a new Hybrid all my email accounts for restored without having to do anything. The problem with the Gmail account is it's not syncing my contacts or calendar. In order to fix it I have to delete and re-install the account. This in itself is not a problem except I lost all my email filters.

Anyone know a way to force the synchronization without having to delete and re-install?

TIA
    10-01-12 11:23 AM
    First day on RC7A1 - 2 battery pulls done. Runs very quick, temp ever so slightly higher, mem leak excellent so far. Good signal lock. No problems with any of my apps, all run smooth. Has only been light use since install; busy doing other things!
    10-01-12 11:40 AM
    Right

Re loaded RC7 with .714 .sfi as advised by Zocs.

Load seemed to be much faster that the one I did yesterday as did the reboot.

Maybe I did have a bad install first time round, time will tell.

Hopefully I will be back to idling at under 1% now, fingers and other bits crossed !!!

UPDATE

Don't know if it was the .658 .sfi or the install I did yesterday, but the fresh install with .714 .sfi is already looking way better.

Idling at 0.9% with battery temp 17c

That's more like the BL Hybrids that I have come to know and love.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 10-01-12 at 01:17 PM.
    10-01-12 11:53 AM
    Yes it's good to put our BB in idle for a few hours, overnight is even better, so it can do the settling in process without being interupted...

So first night after a new install leaving phone on with radio off would be a good move ?
    10-01-12 12:10 PM
    Does anyone know how I can fix the following? I'm asking here because this is where the knowledge base is.

I use Gmail for my email, calendar and contacts. The last couple of times when I installed a new Hybrid all my email accounts for restored without having to do anything. The problem with the Gmail account is it's not syncing my contacts or calendar. In order to fix it I have to delete and re-install the account. This in itself is not a problem except I lost all my email filters.

Anyone know a way to force the synchronization without having to delete and re-install?

TIA

I had the same issue, first time this has happened to me too. I think it has something to do with entering your blackberry Id first, then setting up email accounts. If I remember correctly, I set up email before entering my blackberry id info and my calendar did not sync. It was fixed by deleting then setting up email and resending service books.

Last edited by dkgip; 10-01-12 at 12:16 PM.
    10-01-12 12:12 PM
    I put mine into standby every night. Charged it over night on the first night too. I found the .658 sfi to be a good one; why change lol
    10-01-12 12:14 PM
    My installtion process has got a lot easier with AOS ( i have chucked away 5 apps since this). Only have to reset settings within the app
    Maxx

You don't need to re set AOL after an install manually.

You can back up all your settings to SD card or Device and restore those settings.

Open the app, press BB key and backup/restore is on teh drop down menu.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 10-01-12 at 01:19 PM.
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-01-12 12:14 PM
    I've just downloaded BL Ultimate RC7 A1 for Bold 9900 and put it in my Loader Files but the application loader wizard says that the desktop software doesn't have the device software for the device I've connected.

Why is that?
    10-01-12 01:40 PM
    I've just downloaded BL Ultimate RC7 A1 for Bold 9900 and put it in my Loader Files but the application loader wizard says that the desktop software doesn't have the device software for the device I've connected.

Why is that?
    When you say that you have put the downloaded Hybrid files in to your loader files, what eactly do you mean ?

Have you installed a fresh base OS and then overwritten the base Java and .alx files with those from the downloaded Hybrid ?

If you have done this correctly, have you remembered to delete the vendor.xml file from the base OS installation ?
    10-01-12 01:47 PM
    When you say that you have put the downloaded Hybrid files in to your loader files, what eactly do you mean ?

Have you installed a fresh base OS and then overwritten the base Java and .alx files with those from the downloaded Hybrid ?

If you have done this correctly, have you remembered to delete the vendor.xml file from the base OS installation ?
    Get a program called Vendelete+ it will search and remove RIM vendor files.
    10-01-12 02:20 PM
    can anyone provide me a step by step instruction how to use the BBH Tool? im planning to shrink my os this time and hopefully can get the same result as yours. Never tried shrinking the OS.
    10-01-12 02:47 PM
    can anyone provide me a step by step instruction how to use the BBH Tool? im planning to shrink my os this time and hopefully can get the same result as yours. Never tried shrinking the OS.
    Ok once you have BBH Tool open

select what device you're using from the drop down pane on the right side.

Then go to the folder where your base OS is installed and open 'er up.

Next select what you want shrunk out as per games, other sh!t that's all up to you. BBH Tool is safe as it won't remove the crucial stuff you need. Like the latin font for example. [I shrunk RC7 full to 77.37MB]

Press shrink my OS! and then load that b!tch up

??????

PROFIT!!! lol hahahahahahahaha
    Last edited by sharma0702; 10-01-12 at 02:56 PM.
    chubals03 likes this.
    10-01-12 02:54 PM
10,888 ... 174175176177178 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD