I am getting this sort of a performance from RC-6 Beta-1 with 658 sfi and OS.

After 8 Days of settling in, and using constant 3G, with voice-calls, emails and BBM, I seriously doubt if things CAN GET any better than this sort of an ADR.

zocs / Ian / Sator : would you advise me to move to your RC-7 Alpha 1 with 714 ??
    10-01-12 04:31 AM
    Click to view quoted image

Need help!

I never got to experience this before however I'm not able to find a quick work around at the moment.

When loading r7 on .714
    -loader crashes when connecting to JVM..
    -same when trying to update thru DM

Things I tried:

Reinstall DM
    Reinstall OS and run without hybrid
    Restart pc
    Batt pull on on phone

Any quick ideas there? I wana try the R7 soon!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    this kept happening to me once, use VENDELETE and make sure alll vendors are gone, restart and then repeat
    10-01-12 05:09 AM
    I am getting this sort of a performance from RC-6 Beta-1 with 658 sfi and OS.

After 8 Days of settling in, and using constant 3G, with voice-calls, emails and BBM, I seriously doubt if things CAN GET any better than this sort of an ADR.

zocs / Ian / Sator : would you advise me to move to your RC-7 Alpha 1 with 714 ??

It depends on what you're looking for, if you're looking for a great ADR with a good performance, better stick to RC6B1. If you're looking for a great perfomance with a good ADR than you can try RC7 with 714 sfi. or 658 sfi.

10-01-12 05:26 AM
    this kept happening to me once, use VENDELETE and make sure alll vendors are gone, restart and then repeat

Thanks got it fix thru cleaning all bb software/drivers and re-installing them back.. I'll try that method when it happens again. Cheers!

ria__x likes this.
    10-01-12 05:28 AM
    Thanks got it fix thru cleaning all bb software/drivers and re-installing them back.. I'll try that method when it happens again. Cheers!

just glad i could help
    Sator likes this.
    10-01-12 05:29 AM
    Just found something odd. I can't bridge with my Playbook any longer. This is a first for me. Has anyone else run into this?
    Just installed RC7A1 with .714 base and .658 sfi and no issue with bridging to my PB32.
    10-01-12 05:51 AM
    It depends on what you're looking for, if you're looking for a great ADR with a good performance, better stick to RC6B1. If you're looking for a great perfomance with a good ADR than you can try RC7 with 714 sfi. or 658 sfi.

So there is a compromise with RC7 trading ADR for speed ?

I know that it is very early days with RC7 but I am finding that it is blindingly fast but heavier on batery than RC6.

After a morning's work I would say that my battery drain is double that of RC6 with similar useage.

Also .658 .sfi s runing significantly hotter than it did in RC6.

As I posted earlier I found overnight thta it was idling at a much higher rate too.

BBDA not showing significanly high CPU use. 67 Modules adn 48 processes.

What I don't remember seeing before in the list of highert CPU useage is:

net-rim-services-impl

Anyone know what this is ?

Using .714 base with .658 .sfi but going to try reloading with .714 .sfi to see how that performs.

Will report back later.
    10-01-12 06:47 AM
    Hi All,

Been on RC7a1 for since its release and Man this just gets better. I was on AT&T special for a few days and apart from the ADR rest was Great.

Here are some Awesome stats:

browser & overall OS is lightning quick ( i would dare say at par with AT&T build)
    Battery Adr is 2.4 and when i beat the h*ll out of it got to 4.7 ( which is like unbelieveable)
    sfi is also the coolest (runs between 19-21 degrees and i saw a maximum of 24degrees)
    Memory drain is -0.4%

Yesterday, in one of the posts i had mentioned that if i get the performance of AT&T and ADR of RC6b1 it would be like my prayers have been answered.

Thanks to Zocs, Sator, Ian and the BL team for giving me what i had wished for !

I Dare say this that "this is the best BL hybrid for me till date"
    Sator likes this.
    10-01-12 07:10 AM
    Don't know how many of you have this issue or is it just me:

In the call log screen below 'Find contact or dial the number' in between where the number and info of the last caller is, there is white or blank space but when you exit and re enter the gap dissapers. Sometimes if you scroll down the call list and exit and then re-enter the gap pops up again.

This issue is non existant in the AT&T special edition but was there in all builds since the .391.

Has anyone noticed or is it just me !

*edit ; i have noticed this on 9900 and 9790 only not sure about the other devices though.
    Any edited screen capture showing the issue with arrows or something? I couldn't understand what that is.
    10-01-12 07:14 AM
    Any edited screen capture showing the issue with arrows or something? I couldn't understand what that is.
    Sorry Ertank,

I do not have a screen capture of the same but it has dissapeared with RC7a1.
    10-01-12 07:17 AM

I know that it is very early days with RC7 but I am finding that it is blindingly fast but heavier on batery than RC6.

After a morning's work I would say that my battery drain is double that of RC6 with similar useage.

As I posted earlier I found overnight thta it was idling at a much higher rate too.

net-rim-services-impl

Using .714 base with .658 .sfi but going to try reloading with .714 .sfi to see how that performs.

Will report back later.

Ok so that's the scene with 7-Alpha-1 + 658 sfi & 714 base.

In a few hrs, I'll move to the 7-A1 + ALL 714 (os & sfi)

lets see whats the performance boost compared to the last 8 Days that I had 6-B1 + ALL 658 (os & sfi)
    10-01-12 07:20 AM
    I have downloaded and installed .714
    And now I have extraded the RC7A1 into a folder.

Do I copy all the files from this folder into the Loader Files/OS Folder, or do I just opy the java folder into the java folder and owerwrite?

What is the difference? What is the UMTS folder?
    10-01-12 07:21 AM
    Hi All,

Been on RC7a1 for since its release and Man this just gets better. I was on AT&T special for a few days and apart from the ADR rest was Great.

Here are some Awesome stats:

browser & overall OS is lightning quick ( i would dare say at par with AT&T build)

Battery Adr is 2.4 and when i beat the h*ll out of it got to 4.7 ( which is like unbelieveable)

sfi is also the coolest (runs between 19-21 degrees and i saw a maximum of 24degrees)

Memory drain is -0.4%

Yesterday, in one of the posts i had mentioned that if i get the performance of AT&T and ADR of RC6b1 it would be like my prayers have been answered.

Thanks to Zocs, Sator, Ian and the BL team for giving me what i had wished for !

I Dare say this that "this is the best BL hybrid for me till date"

Yes I agree with you, IMO RC7A1 is the best by far, it'sa lil bit faster than 694 AT&T, 694 cods are great, unfortunately they can't be mixed with to many .714 cods. and it's a lil bit warmer...

maxx71 likes this.
    10-01-12 07:23 AM

Do I copy all the files from this folder into the Loader Files/OS Folder, or do I just opy the java folder into the java folder and owerwrite?

You can copy and replace the Java folder as the OS is shrinked and you might miss something which you use if you delete and replace.

UMTS is the sfi or radio file for the OS.
    Last edited by maxx71; 10-01-12 at 07:29 AM.
    ifraser likes this.
    10-01-12 07:24 AM
    Yes I agree with you, IMO RC7A1 is the best by far, it'sa lil bit faster than 694 AT&T, 694 cods are great, unfortunately they can't be mixed with to many .714 cods. and it's a lil bit warmer...

But with .658 sfi it runs pretty cool for me with all that bashing. Maybe it's in Love with my network, so no complaints.

Though the OS might not have settled but this is as promising as it gets.

Simply Awesome build, Sator.......Many Thanks !
    Sator likes this.
    10-01-12 07:28 AM

If you are on a handset other than the 9900 then just download the Java package, then install your base, and copy the Java over the OS Java directory, then if you know how too shrink the OS down as much as you can, If not then just install as it is.

Hope this helps,

For Information , the 9900 full OS package is the RC7A Hybrid over full 7.1.0.714 Base OS then shrunk out.

I have been getting great performance and the following usage today:

Last edited by ifraser; 10-01-12 at 07:33 AM.
    10-01-12 07:28 AM
    But with .658 sfi it runs pretty cool for me with all that bashing. Maybe it's in Love with my network, so no complaints.

Though the OS might not have settled but this is as promising as it gets.

Simply Awesome build, Sator.......Many Thanks !
    Odd, we usually have very similar performance with these builds, but RC7 is not performing so well for me.

Highest discharge rate I have had with a BL Build (it's idling at what RC6 ran at when working for a living) and .658 .sfi is running much hotter than it did with RC6 (nearly at .694 levels)

Just built a new one to load up later with .714 .sfi as advised by Zocs.

Maybe a bad install, time will tell.

I hope that it is because otherwise RC7 is blindingly fast and smooth.
    10-01-12 07:35 AM

net-rim-services-impl

Will report back later.

RC7A1 takes a lil bit more times to settle in, since the compositions are almost 50-50 between 714 and 568/649/694/569 cods.

Audio has a great ADR with RC6B1 (Ifraser also had great ADR with 694 at&t), and what I meant is that He won't get that kind of ADR easily with RC7A1.

net_rim_service_impl is related to Firewall service, GPS service, i18n (internationalization) service, lowMemory manager, autotext service.

maxx71, Legal Eagle and ifraser like this.
    10-01-12 07:37 AM
    If you are on a handset other than the 9900 then just download the Java package, then install your base, and copy the Java over the OS Java directory, then if you know how too shrink the OS down as much as you can, If not then just install as it is.

Hope this helps,

For Information , the 9900 full OS package is the RC7A Hybrid over full 7.1.0.714 Base OS then shrunk out.

Sorry Ian, slightly off topic but what there are you using to get that green highlight ?
    10-01-12 07:37 AM
    Odd, we usually have very similar performance with these builds, but RC7 is not performing so well for me.

Highest discharge rate I have had with a BL Build (it's idling at what RC6 ran at when working for a living) and .658 .sfi is running much hotter than it did with RC6 (nearly at .694 levels)

Just built a new one to load up later with .714 .sfi as advised by Zocs.

Maybe a bad install, time will tell.

I hope that it is because otherwise RC7 is blindingly fast and smooth.
    Yes, i agree we usually get similar performance but for this time, Strange !
    Could be a bad install.

I had wiped device and reinstalled every app seperately, maybe that could be the difference or as Sator said RC7a1 would take a bit more time to settle in.
    10-01-12 07:41 AM

Hope this helps,

iFraser, which .sfi gives you the best Signal Strenght? Was it .658, .694 or the .714?

P/s ; The strenght with any BL Ultimate RC's if you may
    10-01-12 07:54 AM
    RC7A1 takes a lil bit more times to settle in, since the compositions are almost 50-50 between 714 and 568/649/694/569 cods.

Audio has a great ADR with RC6B1 (Ifraser also had great ADR with 694 at&t), and what I meant is that He won't get that kind of ADR easily with RC7A1.

net_rim_service_impl is related to Firewall service, GPS service, i18n (internationalization) service, lowMemory manager, autotext service.

Thanks Sator

I have been used to previous builds working like a dream straight out of the box battery wise, so a longer settling in period for this one would seem to make sense given my findings.

Not giving up on this build though, the .714 .sfi version will be installed as soon as I have finished work for the day. With more .714 in the build it may be better suited than .658 ?

Any reason why that process is suddenly a high CPU user ?
    10-01-12 07:55 AM
    Yes, i agree we usually get similar performance but for this time, Strange !
    Could be a bad install.

I had wiped device and reinstalled every app seperately, maybe that could be the difference or as Sator said RC7a1 would take a bit more time to settle in.
    Only have AOS and MeterBerry installed so doubt it's an app install issue.

Hadn't seen Sators post when I replied to you, so may just be as simple as a longer bedding in period that we've become used to. To be honest, with previous builds battery has been spot on from the word go so that's what was troubling me until Sators words of wisdom.

Zocs said to try the .714 .sfi so I will do that later on.
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-01-12 07:59 AM
    Thanks Sator

I have been used to previous builds working like a dream straight out of the box battery wise, so a longer settling in period for this one would seem to make sense given my findings.

Not giving up on this build though, the .714 .sfi version will be installed as soon as I have finished work for the day. With more .714 in the build it may be better suited than .658 ?

Any reason why that process is suddenly a high CPU user ?

RC7A1 is more likely .714 hybrid, just like RC6B1, it's better suited with 658 sfi than 714 sfi

Maybe your GPS is ON? I always turn my GPS Off. I only turn it on when It's needed.

maxx71 and Legal Eagle like this.
    10-01-12 08:16 AM
    I have noticed that my BB settles quick when I leave it on WiFi overnight. Don't know if it's just me.
    10-01-12 08:20 AM
10,888 ... 173174175176177 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD