OMG, BL Team! Just finished loading and I can see a huge speed improvement. Used 714 base and SFI (Again).
    I am glad you found the same improvements myself and the other testers did straight away.

I was a big fan of the 694 ATT hybrid and it is still great on any Network,

Btw we also have another mix coming for ATT using more of the .714 cods but this will be over the next week or so.

Until then please download and enjoy RC7 Alpha 1
    Last edited by ifraser; 09-30-12 at 01:32 PM.
    09-30-12 01:08 PM
    How does this compare to the AT&T version?

Can I install over the current special AT&T version or do I need to wipe and start clean?

I have a 9900 on T-Mobile.
    Having had both on I would say this is even faster between apps, boot time os really fast also.

Call quality is good and battery very similar.

For all looking at RC7 A1 on the bold 9900, the full download is my full OS directory using 714 sfi as installed on my
    handset so all you have to do is install 714, you can remove all files from the directory and replace with mine, it will
    install and load all the Hybid OS as we intend it to be.
    Last edited by ifraser; 09-30-12 at 01:37 PM.
    09-30-12 01:32 PM
    Just left the bar to came and install this
    Thanks Maxx for the bbm and to rush me into the house
    (I have time later to the beer thing )
    ifraser and Sator like this.
    09-30-12 01:32 PM
    Hmmm...ok. So what base should I use?

I miss the app, I won't lie...but I needed to know if that was what it was, and so far it seems as it was...either that, or the Special is just that good
    Either .714 or .658 is fine, but I would use the base for whichever Radio File you decide to use to keep things simple.

I'm a great lover of the .658 .sfi as it runs really cool and gives me an excellent signal
    ifraser and hamsterwheel like this.
    09-30-12 01:39 PM
    When I opened up DM to restore from back up it still shows that I have an upgrade available bundle 2061, is this ok? Or did I mess something up? bare with me I'm hungover to the peak lol
    BoldAlways likes this.
    09-30-12 01:40 PM
    OMG, BL Team! Just finished loading and I can see a huge speed improvement. Used 714 base and SFI (Again).
    Totally agree, this is even faster than the Special Edition which was the benchmark for speed to date.

Also Browser is like lightening too with no checkerboarding as yet.

With every release I keep thinking how can this get any better, but it just does !!!

.714 base with .658 .sfi shrunk to 77mb
    ifraser likes this.
    09-30-12 01:43 PM
    Call quality is good and battery very similar.
    Ifraser, similar meaning almost as good?

The only reason I ask is because battery is ALL I care about. Barely use apps (FB+screen grabber), browse 2-3 times a day. HAve a few games installed but rarely play.
    09-30-12 01:49 PM
    Ifraser, similar meaning almost as good?

The only reason I ask is because battery is ALL I care about. Barely use apps (FB+screen grabber), browse 2-3 times a day. HAve a few games installed but rarely play.
    Similar because I have only had it on for over 1 full day so its already hit the levels of 694 ATT.

As far as I am concerned it can only get better over the next couple of days.
    Mi.key likes this.
    09-30-12 02:07 PM
    Just did a battery pull and at startup the phone give me this error:
    Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.wait For(0x70170be9d2fc292) timeout

What does this error say?
    09-30-12 02:40 PM
    Oops clicked twicee ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    09-30-12 02:50 PM
    I've had that several times and it seems to be a conflict with an app.

For me it was...

QuickLaunch
    Call Blocker Professional
    7Digital Music Store
    Volume Scheduler

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EdS817; 09-30-12 at 06:35 PM.
    09-30-12 02:51 PM
    When I opened up DM to restore from back up it still shows that I have an upgrade available bundle 2061, is this ok? Or did I mess something up? bare with me I'm hungover to the peak lol
    I see the same thing but I know that I have the correct SFI loaded so it doesn't bother me. Might just be a cod file that is in the wrong version? Did you use the java only mix?
    Last edited by ReBeL25; 09-30-12 at 03:11 PM.
    09-30-12 02:58 PM
    For me it was Navita translator.
    Thx for the info
    09-30-12 02:59 PM
    Just did a battery pull and at startup the phone give me this error:
    Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.wait For(0x70170be9d2fc292) timeout

What does this error say?
    I've had that several times and it seems to be a conflict with an app.

For me it was...

QuickLaunch
    Call Blocker Professional
    7Digital Music Store

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I was just going to mention what Ed has said...Try to install apps one by one to see who the culprit is
    Sator likes this.
    09-30-12 02:59 PM
    If you messed something up, then so did I, got the same message from DM and I don't have a hangover !!!
    09-30-12 03:24 PM
    This OS is so damn fast that I swear that it knows what App I'm gong to open before I click on the icon !!!
    ifraser, Sator and BoldAlways like this.
    09-30-12 03:27 PM
    lmao....well to make you all feel better I did mention this when I first loaded the OS, the SFI included in the package is definetely 714 as I installed it and the package came from my pc.

We will keep an eye on the result from all of your feedback and see if we can come up with any solution.
    09-30-12 03:32 PM
    If you messed something up, then so did I, got the same message from DM and I don't have a hangover !!!
    I don't want to derail this thread but I have a story from last night and pics and a few vids made this morning inside Boston Pizza for our 'breakfast beers' Thanks for replying though Legal, I just ran it by Ian, he said all is well so I'm not worrying.

This OS is so damn fast that I swear that it knows what App I'm gong to open before I click on the icon !!!
    That is actually a little creepy LOL hahahahahahaha if my phone knew what I wanted to do before I did it, I'd make this thing tell me the winning lottery numbers, from every major lottery with a big @$$ pay out lol
    ifraser likes this.
    09-30-12 03:33 PM
    Thanks for replying though Legal, I just ran it by Ian, he said all is well so I'm not worrying
    I knew that the OS had loaded OK as soon as I saw the battery temp was 19c !!!

Welcome back .658 .sfi
    ifraser and BoldAlways like this.
    09-30-12 03:40 PM
    Sharma. Nice access to the thread on your signatures, thanks for the extra help .

As this is not direct OS links its a great help and we dont mind.

Hope you are all enjoying the new mix, I notice some of you had used 658 so will be interested to know how it behaves for you all.
    deezy87 likes this.
    09-30-12 03:44 PM
    Something I noticed since I began using the hybrids: Whenever I turn location services ON and use Maps, it says "your location within 1.8Miles." It used to get as close as 5-10feet, but hasn't done so anymore. Anyone else have this?
    Last edited by Mi.key; 09-30-12 at 04:44 PM.
    09-30-12 04:40 PM
    I put all that in my sig so what people need is literally a click away, I got a few PM's saying BL is the best thing that has happened for them, its a good feeling! Plus you guys always dish out the best its a win-win situation
    09-30-12 04:41 PM
    Something I noticed since I began using the hybrids: Whenever I turn Location services on and use Maps, it says "your location within 1.8Miles." It used to get as close as 5-10feet, but hasn't done so anymore. Anyone else have this?
    Nope haven't noticed that, I use Google Maps, and it will say my location is accurate to 40 meters, and then it tells me as close as 3 meters. Guess it is a hit and miss thing, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
    Mi.key likes this.
    09-30-12 04:43 PM
    I have a 9900, what combo of the hybrids and OS is the best to use now.

Should I use the new .714 as base os and then RC7A?

Should it be done like this?

- download and install .714 base os

- download rc7a

- copy the files from rc7a to the java folder and owerwrite everything

or

do I delete all the files in Java folder and copy into that?
    09-30-12 05:03 PM
    I have a 9900, what combo of the hybrids and OS is the best to use now.

Should I use the new .714 as base os and then RC7A?

Should it be done like this?

- download and install .714 base os

- download rc7a

- copy the files from rc7a to the java folder and owerwrite everything

or

do I delete all the files in Java folder and copy into that?

This is what I did.

downloaded 714 as a base

downloaded RC7 FULL OS

extracted that into the OS folder and selected yes to all for copying files over.

shrunk to like 77.32MB and loaded this puppy!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 - Powered by BerryLicio.us 7.1 Ultimate hybrid - Using CrackBerry Forums app!
    09-30-12 05:29 PM
10,888 ... 171172173174175 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD