iv been on this hybrid for 34 hours already and has settled already, my avg battery drain per hour is 3%... im a medium user, im running BL Ultimate RC6 Beta 1 for 9900 .714
    also, i left this idle while sleeping for 9 hours and my avg battery drain per hour was 1.5%

BlackBerry� Bold� 9900
    09-26-12 01:38 AM
    Will this remove the NFC function on my Rogers 9900? I'm currently using AT&T on a white Rogers 9900 and the NFC function works great!

Thank you!

Nothing will remove the NFC function as this is part of the phones hardware, the software should not effect the functionality.
    09-26-12 02:50 AM
    Hi,

I did install .658 base + RC6B1 Full OS 9900. I don't know did I install it right way?
    My device info:
    Platform: 5.1.0.485
    App Version: 7.1.0714(1909)

Thanks
    09-26-12 02:56 AM
    @ Sharma / Legal

wat are your thots on "Advance OS" as a single Apps replacement for all the odd jobs of a BB, hence doin' away w/ most other apps

any -ve issues ?
    I have had ZERO issues with Advance OS.

Most people seem to be able to lose at least 3-4 paid apps after installing.

Developer is as good as the BL Team in terms of responding to queries/requests for mods.

Give it a try.
    audio_engr likes this.
    09-26-12 03:15 AM
    Hi,

I did install .658 base + RC6B1 Full OS 9900. I don't know did I install it right way?
    My device info:

Thanks
    Sounds good if your device info is showing .714.
    hndt38 and ifraser like this.
    09-26-12 03:16 AM
    Hi,

My device info:

Thanks
    That looks fine to me, just let it settle for a couple of days and you should be happy with the mix,

let us know if you have any issues.
    sofes and hndt38 like this.
    09-26-12 03:53 AM
    Day 4 running BL6b1 on .658 base and LOVING it.

ADR today post heavy beating was around 4.2% and MDR remains at -0.4% as it was yesterday. The most i saw the ADR today was 4.8% which is 0.8% lesser than yesterday with a bit more useage than yesterday.

@ Sator/Ian, will this be the final RC6 or is there more to come ?
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-26-12 08:44 AM

ADR today post heavy beating was around 4.2% and MDR remains at -0.4% as it was yesterday. The most i saw the ADR today was 4.8% which is 0.8% lesser than yesterday with a bit more useage than yesterday.

There will more to come, if there is a new Radio file / Leak Os / Official OS
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-26-12 08:48 AM

Nice Maxx... In 2G or 3G? Today, after a week in RC6B1 on .658 i decided to jump to .694 base and att special... You know, as OS junkie i couldn�t be over a week to try something new .
    As for B1 on .658, it�s simply awesome.
    maxx71 and Sator like this.
    09-26-12 08:51 AM
    For Sure, there will be more Release Candidates ! lol
    I meant RC6 final ?
    09-26-12 08:52 AM
    I just can't see how it can get much better in terms of smoothness, speed and browser.

Perhaps power management can be further refined ?

Voice calls still seem to be the biggest battery drainer in terms of basic functionallity, and after all, it is a telephone so calls are what it was made to do !!!
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-26-12 08:53 AM
    Nice Maxx... In 2G or 3G? Today, after a week in RC6B1 on .658 i decided to jump to .694 base and att special... You know, as OS junkie i couldn�t be over a week to try something new .
    As for B1 on .658, it�s simply awesome.
    Nice One !
    I am normally on EDGE and while browsing i either choose 3g or wifi ( if at home or office).

As for .694, if we don't have a beta2 i might just give it a shot over the weekend
    Last edited by maxx71; 09-26-12 at 09:00 AM.
    Sator and BoldAlways like this.
    09-26-12 08:55 AM
    I just can't see how it can get much better in terms of smoothness, speed and browser.

Perhaps power management can be further refined ?

Voice calls still seem to be the biggest battery drainer in terms of basic functionallity, and after all, it is a telephone so calls are what it was made to do !!!
    For me BBM is the biggest drainer and blutooth connection 2nd in the list.
    09-26-12 08:57 AM
    @Slayohslay, just noticed you are on .694, how do you rate it ?
    09-26-12 08:59 AM
    For me BBM is the biggest drainer and blutooth connection 2nd in the list.
    Don't use BBM so can't comment on that.

Bluetooth. I only use it when in the car (do 25000 miles a year) but bearing in mind that at the same time I am moving through greatly changing signal areas I can't honestly say if it is the BT or the Signal that jack up the discharge rate.

Usually switch to 2G in the car and don't really have a massive battery drain when on the move.
    09-26-12 09:02 AM

C'mon Maxx, give me sometimes to take a rest...lol

For the moment, You guys can try 694 at&t, it's also awesome, the browser is lightning fast...

Right now I'm brewing new build, maybe we can call it RC7...lol, I use base .714 and I have to be carefull this time since .714 is the highest OS right now, I have to make sure that I won't degrade the 714 performances, so I need a li bit more time to test it personally, if the build is solid than it will be tested by our team, if no good than I'll wait for the next OS update...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-26-12 09:18 AM
    Don't use BBM so can't comment on that.

Bluetooth. I only use it when in the car (do 25000 miles a year) but bearing in mind that at the same time I am moving through greatly changing signal areas I can't honestly say if it is the BT or the Signal that jack up the discharge rate.

Usually switch to 2G in the car and don't really have a massive battery drain when on the move.
    It's like missing a hand for me without BBM, great app to communicate with all my friends worldwide Free of cost !

As for bluetooth, i too use it while driving and it consumes approx 10-15% of battery life with 2 hours of driving each day !
    09-26-12 09:22 AM
    This team deserves a break, really!
    Our huge Thank You, to you and all the team!
    In .694 att the browser is lightning fast, agree
    Sator and ifraser like this.
    09-26-12 09:24 AM
    Right now I'm brewing new build, maybe we can call it RC7...lol,
    Watching closely ...
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-26-12 09:27 AM
    C'mon Maxx, give me sometimes to take a rest...lol

For the moment, You guys can try 694 at&t, it's also awesome, the browser is lightning fast...

Right now I'm brewing new build, maybe we can call it RC7...lol, I use base .714 and I have to be carefull this time since .714 is the highest OS right now, I have to make sure that I won't degrade the 714 performances, so I need a li bit more time to test it personally, if the build is solid than it will be tested by our team, if no good than I'll wait for the next OS update...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

You and the BL team taking a Rest, not seen that happening for a looooong time !

That's excatly what i was looking for ( base .714) brew being worked out. Will wait for that then whenever it releases

Then in that case this is officially RC6 final?
    Sator likes this.
    09-26-12 09:30 AM
    It's like missing a hand for me without BBM, great app to communicate with all my friends worldwide Free of cost !

As for bluetooth, i too use it while driving and it consumes approx 10-15% of battery life with 2 hours of driving each day !
    Wow, your BT is horrible. Even when making long calls when driving I have never hit anything like your maximum DR, maybe 5-6% per hour tops. With no calls I usually get 2% per hour when travelling. Mabe the Bold doesn't like your car BT ? I use the one that came built in to my Ford.

Other than people on CB I don't know anyone who has a BB so BBM is shrunk out of my OS.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 09-26-12 at 09:38 AM.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-26-12 09:31 AM
    Wow, your BT is horrible. Even when making long calls when driving I have never hit anything like your DR, maybe 5-6% per hour tops. With no calls I usually get 2% per hour when travelling. Mabe the Bold doesn't like your car BT ? I use the one that came built in to my Ford.

Other than people on CB I don't know anyone who has a BB so BBM is shrunk out of my OS.
    Horrible BT is an understatement !
    Have decided to take it to the Service center over the weekend to get this issue sorted out for sure !!!!!
    09-26-12 09:37 AM
    @Slayohslay, just noticed you are on .694, how do you rate it ?
    Well, tbh the signal is quiet the same like .714 IMO. But, the RC's made it lock to where it was, better still, the ups and down for the signal strenght still persist, but much much less than Official / Leak of those 2 .694 and .714
    Sator likes this.
    09-26-12 09:38 AM
    Well, tbh the signal is quiet the same like .714 IMO. But, the RC's made it lock to where it was, better still, the ups and down for the signal strenght still persist, but much much less than Official / Leak of those 2 .694 and .714
    So worse than .658 then ?
    09-26-12 09:40 AM
    I found the .714 quite a good OS, similar running to RC's, though not quite as good lol. By the way I bought a 64gb PlayBook today.... at these prices it would have been rude not to!!! so having fun with that
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-26-12 09:44 AM
10,888 ... 164165166167168 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD