Hmm, try different build from BL then. Re-wipe your device and do it all over?
    That would be like the 19th time i'd be wiping my bb : , ill try wiping bb reloading it with .714 with .523sfi + rc6 B1.

If that still doesn't work out, i have ordered a 3200mAh battery from amazon , atleast i would be getting 2 days out of it.
    Slayohslay likes this.
    09-25-12 01:52 AM
    Well, goodluck! You can always try whats best for your device!
    wesside_paki likes this.
    09-25-12 01:59 AM
    That would be like the 19th time i'd be wiping my bb : , ill try wiping bb reloading it with .714 with .523sfi + rc6 B1.

If that still doesn't work out, i have ordered a 3200mAh battery from amazon , atleast i would be getting 2 days out of it.

You should use 658 SFI for RC6B1

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-25-12 02:17 AM
    You should use 658 SFI for RC6B1

Cant find 658 SFI for 9790 although there is 649 SFI?
    09-25-12 02:32 AM
    Cant find 658 SFI for 9790 although there is 649 SFI?

For 9790 I recommend you to use RC5B2 with 523 sfi, RC6B1 is for 658 sfi (although it can run with 714 sfi, but a lil warmer), I'm not sure if RC6B1 can run with 649 sfI, since I've never tested it.

wesside_paki likes this.
    09-25-12 02:48 AM
    For 9790 I recommend you to use RC5B2 with 523 sfi, RC6B1 is for 658 sfi (although it can run with 714 sfi, but a lil warmer), I'm not sure if RC6B1 can run with 649 sfI, since I've never tested it.

Alright so 523sfi + 523 base + RC5B2 . I hope this works, Fingers crossed :/
    piziyu2005 likes this.
    09-25-12 04:09 AM
    Alright so 523sfi + 523 base + RC5B2 . I hope this works, Fingers crossed :/

Ok. Good Luck...

wesside_paki likes this.
    09-25-12 04:23 AM

I have tested 649sfi with RC6B1 and it works flawlessly however temp is on the hi 20s. and ADR is around 3% (light use). If you use RC6A1 however with the same 649sfi the ADR changes to 1-2% (light use). Im on Globe Telecom in the Philippines and 649sfi, despite it hi temp readings give distinctively the best signal and call clarity compared to 523, 568, 714.

Hope this helps!
    Sator and piziyu2005 like this.
    09-25-12 04:44 AM
    I have been on RC6b1 since Saturday and it is indeed working like a charm !

The settling period seems to be over ( mail confirmation received )

The noticeable issues or should i say non issues are:
    the browser seems to be very quick.
    rebooting time is the fastest ever amongst all RC's till date for me.
    battery is lasting more than a day post heavy usage and not seen it going beyond 5.4%ADR during heavy usage.
    MDR is -0.2%
    It runs cooler and signal locking is excellent.

I have used official .658 (stand alone) and when i compare the two, RC6b1 beats the official one hands down in more ways than one.

Great job BL Team, this one is the best till date for me.
    Last edited by maxx71; 09-25-12 at 04:59 AM.
    BoldAlways, Phusho, Sator and 6 others like this.
    09-25-12 04:55 AM
    I have to say that RC6B1/.658 + 658.sfi is the new gold standard for Team BL. By far the most fluid and responsive os I've installed. Memory leak is nonexistent, signal is super stable with better than average strength. I'm a light user so drain rate is always low, in the 1.12-1.45% range consistently.

Great work as always Team BL

Sator, BoldAlways, maxx71 and 2 others like this.
    09-25-12 09:24 AM
    Well, 3 days in now and I think that we can safely bid a fond farewell to the good old .523 .sfi

The .658 .sfi seems to hold a signal just as well and for me at least seems to run slightly cooler too.

Am fifteen hours in since full charge following my final scheduled battery pull and still have 87% battery left with an ADR from BBDA of 0.87%

Smooth as silk, fast browser and minimal memory loss (-0.3mb since last battery pull)

Nice one guys, best one yet.

Assuming that nothing new drops by the weekend I may well give the AT&T Special a try to see how it compares.
    maxx71, BigwhiteUK, Sator and 3 others like this.
    09-25-12 09:32 AM
    Well, 3 days in now and I think that we can safely bid a fond farewell to the good old .523 .sfi

The .658 .sfi seems to hold a signal just as well and for me at least seems to run slightly cooler too.

Am fifteen hours in since full charge following my final scheduled battery pull and still have 87% battery left with an ADR from BBDA of 0.87%

Smooth as silk, fast browser and minimal memory loss (-0.3mb since last battery pull)

Assuming that nothing new drops by the weekend I may well give the AT&T Special a try to see how it compares.
    Cooler sfi for sure !
    I envy the ADR you have. Is that ADR on light, medium or heavy usage ?
    09-25-12 09:37 AM
    Cooler sfi for sure !
    I envy the ADR you have. Is that ADR on light, medium or heavy usage ?
    Light useage, couple of short calls, the odd text and a couple of dozen e.mails plus 2 hours Bluetooth connected to Hands Free in the car.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-25-12 09:43 AM
    Light useage, couple of short calls, the odd text and a couple of dozen e.mails plus 2 hours Bluetooth connected to Hands Free in the car.
    Not bad !
    I did beat the h*ll out of my device and could not get it over 5.4%, so with the cooler sfi and the BL magic we have a winner on our hands for sure.
    Last edited by maxx71; 09-25-12 at 10:02 AM.
    09-25-12 10:00 AM

Not bad !
    I did beat the h*ll out of my device and could not get it over 5.4%, so with the cooler sfi and the BL magic we have a winner on our hands for sure.
    I am sooooooooooooooo jealous.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-25-12 10:07 AM
    Are you on AT&T special edition or BL6b1 ?
    09-25-12 10:10 AM
    i bet the majority of the people on this thread don't use themes, berry weather and battery ex, so that's why we wont get as good results i think
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-25-12 10:11 AM
    It's your addiction to Whatsapp that killing you Hamster !!!

There ain't an OS that's been built that's gonna get you battery useage down with that App.

Look at RGSHAH's experience, ditched the app and his ADR dropped by 4%.

Is there no alternative that does the same job that you can try ???
    09-25-12 10:12 AM
    i bet the majority of the people on this thread don't use themes, berry weather and battery ex, so that's why we wont get as good results i think
    I use beweather ( which updates info after every hour) and battery icon (icon on the homescreen ) and am presently on Kahel theme from Pootermobile also have meterberry temp icon on the homescreen notification area.
    I have 4 emails configured and on an average do around 400bbms a day, average of 60-70 emails a day adn 100sms/day !
    Last edited by maxx71; 09-25-12 at 10:30 AM.
    Sator likes this.
    09-25-12 10:28 AM

Thats good to know legal, I have been running the ATT mix since last weekend on Everything Everywhere and I am impressed, Mainly because it switches between apps mega fast.

Its good to have had a quiet day today, my works been really busy and I was in at 5am so regular support from me will return tomorrow
    09-25-12 11:27 AM

There ain't an OS that's been built that's gonna get you battery useage down with that App.

Agreed, I have had a number of discussions with the user that was having issues yesterday with the high ADR and yet again, whatsapp is the issue,

It would be great to compensate for a high drain app but then again, we could just create OS`s that didnt drain at all then.
    09-25-12 11:29 AM
    Thats good to know legal, I have been running the ATT mix since last weekend on Everything Everywhere and I am impressed, Mainly because it switches between apps mega fast.

Its good to have had a quiet day today, my works been really busy and I was in at 5am so regular support from me will return tomorrow
    Thought that we hadn't heard much from you today.

Worry not, the usual suspects will try and hold the Fort until you are back with us.

I do want to try the AT&T Mix but to do the job properly feel that I ought to run RC6B1 for a full week to get a good feel for how it runs before moving over.
    09-25-12 11:35 AM
    test for 9790 :
    base os 7.1.0.714 from Telenor Serbia and java RC 6 Beta 1
    Last edited by j4ck5_dee; 09-25-12 at 12:03 PM.
    09-25-12 12:01 PM
    Are you on AT&T special edition or BL6b1 ?
    Nope still on RC5B2 over .658...Haven't had time, but will probably do this afternoon to the ATT special

I don't know....had the same stuff on 9810 and had decent battery life

Question....does it drain the battery even if I have not used it for 4 days???
    Regardless, I will delete it before I install the ATT Special..
    As for another app yes I suppose I could try, but the ppl I use Whatsapp for would also have to get another app, lol and I don't think they will just for me...hahaha

Agreed, I have had a number of discussions with the user that was having issues yesterday with the high ADR and yet again, whatsapp is the issue,

It would be great to compensate for a high drain app but then again, we could just create OS`s that didnt drain at all then.
    Totally understand what you were saying, and I am going to delete it and see.
    Could it be simply that I have a bad battery? For eg I tried to drain it completely yesterday and shut down the phone, so that I could recharge to calibrate it. But it was stuck at 1%. Wouldn't drain. Radio turned off, but I was able to use the phone no problem - played music for an hour, messed with themes, wallpaper etc...still wouldn't die, lol. So I gave up, turned it off at 1% ( or whatever it really was) and charged it.
    09-25-12 12:04 PM
    , I will delete it before I install the ATT Special..
    As for another app yes I suppose I could try, but the ppl I use Whatsapp for would also have to get another app, lol and I don't think they will just for me...hahaha
    Sounds like a good plan, install the AT&T Special without Whatsapp and see how it goes.

I don't usually do a wipe myself but it may be a good idea for you to consider doing one so that you know that you have a genuine "clean" install.

If the battery life is then good then we can safely say that it was the App causing your problem.

If your problem with ADR still persists then you may have narrowed it down to a dodgy battery.

Just hope that it isn't a hardware problem.
    09-25-12 12:14 PM
10,888 ... 162163164165166 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD