One problem that i have faced since loading .658 is "uncaught exception: java lang error". I have never had this issue, i guess it is cause i shrinked languages from the OS.

Have never faced it while shrinking BL hybrids, is this normal or i did something wrong ?
    09-21-12 08:36 AM
    Don't used 694 sfi with any hybrids, it will cause errors, hybrid has to be made specific for 694 only. just for fun I made one for 694, so far it's looking good...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Sure that all the AT&T users out there will really appreciate a decent OS with no mic issues.

If you do release it might I suggest a separate clearly titled thread to try and cut down on any possible confusion ?
    maxx71 and sheldonbk like this.
    09-21-12 08:36 AM
    Sure that all the AT&T users out there will really appreciate a decent OS with no mic issues.

If you do release it might I suggest a separate clearly titled thread to try and cut down on any possible confusion ?
    Plus one on that !

Or maybe a seperate RC ! Just a thought.
    09-21-12 08:43 AM
    any of you guys using berryweather, seems to be causing me pain on these hybrids, only just started using it... by pain i mean on RC2 i was getting around 2.5 adr on this on i am getting around 4 adr, on rc2 i was using weatherplus by mmmooo on rc5b2 i started using beweather ...

well i am presuming it is beweather, seeing higher bb ribbon app cpu usage - i have berryweather changing the wallpaper so think it must be that...

any thoughts?
    09-21-12 09:14 AM
    any of you guys using berryweather, seems to be causing me pain on these hybrids, only just started using it... by pain i mean on RC2 i was getting around 2.5 adr on this on i am getting around 4 adr, on rc2 i was using weatherplus by mmmooo on rc5b2 i started using beweather ...

well i am presuming it is beweather, seeing higher bb ribbon app cpu usage - i have berryweather changing the wallpaper so think it must be that...

any thoughts?
    Yes, in Beweather changing the wallpaper causes drain and in options>general settings>networking set it to BIS also auto update set forecast update to every 1hour or more (advisory update to push BIS only)

I feel the above should help in lesser drain !
    09-21-12 09:20 AM
    Why doesn't the BL team apply at RIM!? After being shown what you guys can pump out, free of bugs, fast as f*ck I don't see why you guys can't be on the OS team....just imagine lol
    pal - RIM wants DUDs, not capable ppl ...
    Sator and ifraser like this.
    09-21-12 09:25 AM
    Have you got a tethering package on your account, might have hit your data limit possibly....just clutching at straws.

I have had all the builds working with hotspot no problems
    09-21-12 10:05 AM
    bum bum bum.....another OS bytes the dust!!!

OK, I was happy with the test but we are trying another mix before release another....we have delved into bits of .694 to try and retrieve anything worth using.

Watch this space for new on how it goes and possibly even a new release soon.
    BoldAlways and sheldonbk like this.
    09-21-12 10:34 AM
    So i used 7.1.0.523 folder and extracted full os RC5B2 loaded on phone and after several battery pull ups I am done. This is my first hybrid os. Now on info screen it is written 7.1 bundle 1909 (v7.1.0.658) is this normal ?
    ifraser likes this.
    09-21-12 10:36 AM
    So i used 7.1.0.523 folder and extracted full os RC5B2 loaded on phone and after several battery pull ups I am done. This is my first hybrid os. Now on info screen it is written 7.1 bundle 1909 (v7.1.0.658) is this normal ?
    thats fine. it should show that.
    09-21-12 10:40 AM
    One problem that i have faced since loading .658 is "uncaught exception: java lang error". I have never had this issue, i guess it is cause i shrinked languages from the OS.

Have never faced it while shrinking BL hybrids, is this normal or i did something wrong ?
    I've noticed since installing Hydrids that some of the older apps will cause this.

I found out by doing a completely clean install then re-installing my apps one at a time and doing a battery pull after each re-install and setup.

A few that I found that caused this are

7Digital Audio Store
    Call Blocker Professional
    iBlocker Lite
    QuickLaunch (this one bums me out. I used it a lot)
    Volume Scheduler (I also used this one everyday)
    Wisepilot - GPS Navigator Trial

If you have any of these apps you might want to try uninstalling them one by one and pull the battery after each one.
    09-21-12 10:45 AM
    Have you got a tethering package on your account, might have hit your data limit possibly....just clutching at straws.

I have had all the builds working with hotspot no problems
    i installed (don't remember when) easy tether... but it's inactive when I use the wifi hotspot.. i also turn off bluetooth and pairing with my PB...
    I 'm going to uninstall it and see...

ps : i tried the RC6 alpha ... couldn't test further as it gave me 3 java error at launch and no home screen (i did,'t even shrink anything - was just as you made it) !! weird ! so i downgraded to rc5b2.
    09-21-12 10:51 AM
    I've noticed since installing Hydrids that some of the older apps will cause this.

I found out by doing a completely clean install then re-installing my apps one at a time and doing a battery pull after each re-install and setup.

A few that I found that caused this are

7Digital Audio Store
    Call Blocker Professional
    iBlocker Lite
    QuickLaunch (this one bums me out. I used it a lot)
    Volume Scheduler (I also used this one everyday)
    Wisepilot - GPS Navigator Trial

If you have any of these apps you might want to try uninstalling them one by one and pull the battery after each one.
    Try Advance OS and LED. The custom actions will replace quicklaunch I think and it does so much more without triggering ARM.

The next update which I am currently testing for the developer has added battery and useage monitoring functions including displaying the battery level in the notification area just like MeterBerry.

Plus, the logs can be downloaded in to excel which may help our worthy team of BL Developers.

Meterberry will now be redundant.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 09-21-12 at 10:58 AM.
    deezy87, sheldonbk and eds817 like this.
    09-21-12 10:55 AM
    With that error you have either removed all the files from the old directory and used just the java package which the causes some apps not to be installed.

Also RC6a is very shrunk down so for people who are wanting other apps I would recommend just over-writting the OS java and just installing, or shrinking if you want to remove certain things.

The Full OS package that is in my signature is the one that came from my own computer so I can guarantee that this works with no errors at all.

Also by tethering package I meant with your carrier, I have to call up and ask them to allow me to use hotspot data as its not the same as BB data.
    sofes likes this.
    09-21-12 10:56 AM
    I deleted Meterberry and use the monitors on Advance OS and LED, Sultan has me as one of the many beta testers for his app!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-21-12 11:19 AM
    ifraser-

What two sfi files are included in RC6 Alpha-1. One is .523 and the other ?

09-21-12 11:34 AM
    The 2nd one is 569
    09-21-12 11:52 AM

OK, I was happy with the test but we are trying another mix before release another....we have delved into bits of .694 to try and retrieve anything worth using.
    oppsss!!! I am allergic to 694 as I recall Phill screaming that barge pole thingee - hehe !!!
    09-21-12 12:01 PM
    I deleted Meterberry and use the monitors on Advance OS and LED, Sultan has me as one of the many beta testers for his app!
    When I click on the Battery Monitor ReportI get a white screen. Since you are testing have you encountered this? I have a 9900 on AT&T running 649. I plan on installing rc4 since it works with 649 soon
    09-21-12 12:03 PM
    I'll be able to help you out on this thread. Post anything related to the new version of AOS in there.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...h-leds-744592/
    vecharo likes this.
    09-21-12 12:07 PM
    I'll be able to help you out on this thread. Post anything related to the new version of AOS in there.

Yep, this thread is long enough as it is without getting sidetracked !!!

As Sharma said, post in the App Forum Thread and we will be happy to try and help you out, as will the developer himself who sorts out queries on a daily basis.
    deezy87 likes this.
    09-21-12 12:15 PM

Thank you very much. I've hopped over there and am reading through to see if someone else has brought up the issue before (perhaps it's resolved).
    09-21-12 12:19 PM
    oppsss!!! I am allergic to 694 as I recall Phill screaming that barge pole thingee - hehe !!!

BL team try to turn bad things into good things...lol, and it looks like we made it with 694....

BoldAlways and deezy87 like this.
    09-21-12 12:45 PM
    BL team try to turn bad things into good things...lol, and it looks like we made it with 694....

So which .sfi will the next release be fine tuned to work with ?

.658 or .694 ?
    09-21-12 12:49 PM
    I see you guys posting the woes of ATT 649. Thankfully caught that before loading RC4 using 649.
    am I correct that at the moment I can't use any of BL's hybrids until he and his team come up with one specifically for ATT users?
    09-21-12 12:56 PM
10,888 ... 147148149150151 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD