Ok, boys ...(and girls)...I'm ready for another os. My battery life is horrible..I'm running the official .569 and I need a change. Wifi signal is horrible, battery drain in huge, and well you get the picture.

Done loads of straight os installs, but I've only ever installed one hybrid, and that was on my 9810 which was a straight install hybrid no swapping anything lol.

So....which one from here should I try?? I have read the entire thread and am down right confused. (And of course the easiest and simplest way to install the better..)

OR - should I just install the official 658?

So please help a damsel in distress
    09-20-12 09:57 AM
    This thread just blew up, what's the latest and greatest for Bold 9900 on Vodafone UK?
    09-20-12 10:00 AM
    For the rest of the BL team, you guys should hold your horses down because,

Blackberry Torch 9810 version 7.1.0.694 (7.1.0.1997) officially released today by AT&T.
    Mi.key, ifraser and maxx71 like this.
    09-20-12 10:01 AM
    This thread just blew up, what's the latest and greatest for Bold 9900 on Vodafone UK?
    You can try the latest .658 Official. I believe the .sfi from this version is pretty good, no over heat problem etc just like the good old .533
    09-20-12 10:02 AM
    Which is music to my ears given that we are on the same carrier !!!
    Yes, been on it for around 13 hrs and around 40 odd calls later no call drop, 5 bars for 91% of time and on 4bars 7.7% which is good for an official OS.

Indeed Zocs & Sator will whip some magic out of this for sure !
    09-20-12 10:05 AM
    Ok, boys ...(and girls)...I'm ready for another os. My battery life is horrible..I'm running the official .569 and I need a change. Wifi signal is horrible, battery drain in huge, and well you get the picture.

Done loads of straight os installs, but I've only ever installed one hybrid, and that was on my 9810 which was a straight install hybrid no swapping anything lol.

So....which one from here should I try?? I have read the entire thread and am down right confused. (And of course the easiest and simplest way to install the better..)

OR - should I just install the official 658?

So please help a damsel in distress
    Cease being distressed immediately, you have come to the right place for OS magic to happen.

Unless you are completely fed up with .569 and need to change your OS today I would advise holding off for a couple of days and keeping an eye on this thread.

The BL team are already in the process of building a new version fine tuned to work with the .658 .sfi

If you need to update now, then RC5B is a brilliant build that seems to work well with .523 and .569 .sfi

Have a think which standard OS gave you the best signal between .523 and .569 and use that as your base OS.

Download and install your standard base OS on your PC

Download your chosen version of BL Hybrid and open the zip. For the 9900 they are full OS's

Copy the Hybrid Java and paste (overwrite) over the base OS Java folder making sure to agree to replace files.

Copy the Hybrid .alx files and paste (overwrite) into the base OS

Shrink to taste, install and prepare to be amazed !!!

Any question you have just post in here and you will get a quick response from one of many knowledgeable people who live in this thread.
    09-20-12 10:08 AM
    You can try the latest .658 Official. I believe the .sfi from this version is pretty good, no over heat problem etc just like the good old .533
    .523 you mean !!!
    09-20-12 10:09 AM
    With the official release of .658 what are you using or planning on using?

RC5B2 or RC6A1?

I'm willing to be a guinea pig.
    09-20-12 10:10 AM
    With the official release of .658 what are you using or planning on using?

RC5B2 or RC6A1?

I'm willing to be a guinea pig.
    Holding on for RC6A2 !!!
    09-20-12 10:12 AM
    Cease being distressed immediately, you have come to the right place for OS magic to happen.

Unless you are completely fed up with .569 and need to change your OS today I would advise holding off for a couple of days and keeping an eye on this thread.

The BL team are already in the process of building a new version fine tuned to work with the .658 .sfi

If you need to update now, then RC5B is a brilliant build that seems to work well with .523 and .569 .sfi

Have a think which standard OS gave you the best signal between .523 and .569 and use that as your base OS.

Download and install your standard base OS on your PC

Download your chosen version of BL Hybrid and open the zip. For the 9900 they are full OS's

Copy the Hybrid Java and paste (overwrite) over the base OS Java folder making sure to agree to replace files.

Copy the Hybrid .alx files and paste (overwrite) into the base OS

Shrink to taste, install and prepare to be amazed !!!

Any question you have just post in here and you will get a quick response from one of many knowledgeable people who live in this thread.
    Thanks, Legal!
    Being that .569 is giving me crappy signal (I mean it was SOS in the grocery store the other day)....Probably will have to be .523 then.

BUT - I can wait a few more days I guess....I've just heard great things about RC5B2 that I thought I should try it. But now with the official .658, I wonder if that would be any better? LOL. Just like a woman...can't decide what to do

EDIT - Oh if decide to load the RC5B2 - where do I get the alx files from?
    Last edited by hamsterwheel; 09-20-12 at 10:23 AM.
    09-20-12 10:20 AM
    Holding on for RC6A2 !!!
    Normally how long after A1 does A2 take?
    09-20-12 10:22 AM
    I am on Voda UK like you.

To date, I have never had a better OS that RC5B2 using .523 .sfi on my 9900.

However, I have high hopes that now we have the .568 .sfi available to the team their next build will be the best yet.
    BigwhiteUK likes this.
    09-20-12 10:24 AM
    Normally how long after A1 does A2 take?
    I would be amazed if it is not with us by the weekend given the teams track record to date.

Sure that Zocs or Ian will correct me if I'm wrong.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-20-12 10:26 AM
    Beta 2 is on the first page
    09-20-12 10:28 AM
    Thanks, Legal!

EDIT - Oh if decide to load the RC5B2 - where do I get the alx files from?
    In the first page of this thread......if you choose for the 9900 then you have the full package with .523sfi and if for the 9810 then i'm afraid use the java for other devices.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    09-20-12 10:28 AM
    In the first page of this thread......if you choose for the 9900 then you have the full package with .523sfi and if for the 9810 then i'm afraid use the java for other devices.
    For the 9900 for sure. So the full package includes the .alx files? Sorry for sounding silly, lol
    09-20-12 10:34 AM
    hi i was wondering how to find whether my device has .568 without going through every carrier link in blackberry software download?
    09-20-12 10:36 AM
    For the 9900 for sure. So the full package includes the .alx files? Sorry for sounding silly, lol
    yes, you will have the java, sfi and alx files in the package and no need to be sorry, we all are here to help !
    09-20-12 10:38 AM
    hi i was wondering how to find whether my device has .568 without going through every carrier link in blackberry software download?
    you mean the .569 or .658....cause i don't think there was or is a .568
    Last edited by maxx71; 09-20-12 at 10:44 AM.
    09-20-12 10:40 AM
    you mean the .569 or .658....cause i don't think there was or is a .568
    Yh i couldn't find .568 but know there's a .569 and .649. maybe it dont exist for my device.
    09-20-12 10:46 AM
    yes, you will have the java, sfi and alx files in the package and no need to be sorry, we all are here to help !
    Ok cool, thanks...

So...just to clarify..I'm going to dl the hybrid, extract, copy and paste into the java folder of the base os, shrink, install?

What about the .alx files? will that automatically get replaced?

I figured I would give it a try and then let you guys try out the new one and let me know if that's better
    .694 just dropped for the torch 9810 by att
    .694 just dropped for the torch 9810 by att
    Of course it has,

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9810-a-745820/
    09-20-12 10:49 AM
    Ok cool, thanks...

So...just to clarify..I'm going to dl the hybrid, extract, copy and paste into the java folder of the base os, shrink, install?

I figured I would give it a try and then let you guys try out the new one and let me know if that's better
    yes that's correct , extract, copy and paste into the java folder of the base os, if you want to change SFI copy and paste in the UMTS Folder, Delete vendor files, shrink then install.
    09-20-12 10:50 AM
    Ok cool, thanks...

What device are you in? If youre on 9900, just download the Full Package or RC series and just paste it over your Base OS? Much easier.
    09-20-12 10:51 AM
10,888 ... 142143144145146 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD