Beats the sh!t outta me....um....perhaps after getting a base os and loading the hybrid and deleting vendor files, restart your laptop? I don't know why this is causing you grief, it sucks.
    hmmm...wait a minute...Just_Donny, which handset are you using? 9360 or 9900?

if it is 9360, then I would suggest you to:

- uninstall first any 9360 base OS from your computer, do fresh install
    - download RC5B or RC6 (JAVA ONLY)
    - copy all files extracted from the JAVA ONLY RC5B/RC6
    - paste these files into your 9360 java folder and select replace all when asked.
    - shrink as you like using bbh-tool (usually this will also delete vendor.xml file)
    - install using loader.exe to your handset

Hope this works
    09-19-12 12:15 PM
    bit strange but when i tried to install RC6A with 714 base and 523 sfi. i got a message come up on the loader saying to leave the system applications on the device unchanged. and when i clicked next, its all black where you tick what application u want loaded on to phone. i thought i did something wrong so i uninstalled everything and used CCleaner too. and reinstalled everything andi i got same issue again. i thought this is strange. Is this happening because previously i used the .714 base to install RC5B-2.
    09-19-12 12:18 PM
    Found it woop wooop

Originally Posted by gladiator82
    BBHybrid-Tool v4.9.3

Other than the obvious pics, music files, What shall I shrink? I don't know what some options are?

Here is an in depth explanation:
    Edited out the bulk of the post due to size, but you get the gist of what it was (post 3366 if you want to read it all)

One question that was not answered was which fonts must NOT be shrunk out to maintain core functionality.

The answer to that one would be much appreciated, I have seen it detailed before but can't for the life or me remember where.
    ifraser likes this.
    09-19-12 12:30 PM
    bit strange but when i tried to install RC6A with 714 base and 523 sfi. i got a message come up on the loader saying to leave the system applications on the device unchanged. and when i clicked next, its all black where you tick what application u want loaded on to phone. i thought i did something wrong so i uninstalled everything and used CCleaner too. and reinstalled everything andi i got same issue again. i thought this is strange. Is this happening because previously i used the .714 base to install RC5B-2.
    i hope you're not using 523 sfi from the RC6A package because it is for 9900
    09-19-12 12:30 PM
    Edited out the bulk of the post due to size, but you get the gist of what it was (post 3366 if you want to read it all)

One question that was not answered was which fonts must NOT be shrunk out to maintain core functionality.

The answer to that one would be much appreciated, I have seen it detailed before but can't for the life or me remember where.
    it's the latin
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-19-12 12:32 PM
    Some have said that running CCleaner can help.
    I think looking for a application(s) like bbdevmanager and/or RIMdevicemanager...try to close those, I think that might be the posters issue.
    09-19-12 12:39 PM
    nope using 523 for 9360
    09-19-12 12:43 PM
    I think looking for a application(s) like bbdevmanager and/or RIMdevicemanager...try to close those, I think that might be the posters issue.
    Maybe opening up BBSAK and clicking on "kill processes" may do the trick ?
    09-19-12 12:45 PM
    Maybe opening up BBSAK and clicking on "kill processes" may do the trick ?
    I close them via task manager. Hope his/her situation gets sorted out!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-19-12 12:46 PM
    nope using 523 for 9360
    ah my bad, seems you install it over your current OS (not wipe your phone system first). you have to select the other selection (change your system/replace or something like that).

I would suggest you wipe your phone first using bbsak, vnbb or jlcommander though (don't forget to backup )...your choice....
    '
    09-19-12 12:52 PM
    lol i did wipe as always. ill just use 523 base instead of 714 and see if that works.

EDIT: found out how to install 714 base with 523 with a bit of fiddling.
    Last edited by likklek; 09-19-12 at 01:30 PM.
    09-19-12 01:07 PM
    lol i did wipe as always. ill just use 523 base instead of 714 and see if that works.

EDIT: found out how to install 714 base with 523 with a bit of fiddling.
    Not so much fiddling but keeping the correct files and putting them in the correct place

If you know which directory was the last OS you installed make sure that is where you put the hybrid, If in doubt move the other
    OS directories out of the shared folder, i have 4 or 5 on at the one time, never use cccleaner and never have a loading issue.

If in doubt reinstall the OS you want to use for the base, then you know that apploader registry entries are pointing to the correct OS folder.
    Last edited by ifraser; 09-19-12 at 02:55 PM.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-19-12 02:43 PM
    This is because you must have had a new OS, possibly 714, on your phone originally, some of the files, in this case probably the sfi file, are older than 714, you should have selected the option to wipe the handset and continue installing the older files.
    Last edited by ifraser; 09-19-12 at 02:51 PM.
    likklek likes this.
    09-19-12 02:49 PM
    lmao....even funnier is it is .569 for the 9900 not .523 sfi
    deezy87 likes this.
    09-19-12 02:51 PM
    What a crazy day here, and also at the office . Felt like Al Pacino in Glengarry Glen Ross hahahahaha. Sooo...day 1 with RC6A since loading last night, smooth as f*ck! Will report later on while I continue working the phone in.
    ifraser likes this.
    09-19-12 03:01 PM
    Mine was better after a pull and charge overnight.

Let us know.
    09-19-12 03:04 PM
    RC5B is running so well for me that I am very reluctant to give it up for 6A.

Think that I am going to hang on until 6B is with us (I actually mean it this time, honest)

Finding it very hard to imagine how it can get any better !!!
    audio_engr likes this.
    09-19-12 03:10 PM
    Legal just beat me in--I'll share the same sentiment:

Settling in with rc5b-2 and getting phenomenal results, adr% is down around my ankles at 1.13% and the signal seems to be getting a little better ( 569 sfi. )

For these reasons I'm going to call BS on RC6A ( jokingly of course ) How much better could it be? If my car can go 160mph, do I really care if I can make it go 161mph....sticking with rc5b2

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Legal Eagle and ifraser like this.
    09-19-12 03:18 PM
    Happy with 6A seemed to settle with memory rather fast, but then again day 1.
    09-19-12 03:21 PM
    Happy with 6A seemed to settle with memory rather fast, but then again day 1.
    You on the .569 .sfi ?

How's it going compared to .523 temp and signal wise with RC6 ?
    09-19-12 03:25 PM
    Mine was better after a pull and charge overnight.

Let us know.
    Ran well off the bat & didn't get the quirky connection error within device analyser (which I told you about last time).

Running RC6A over 569 (including 569 sfi). On first full day, less than 24 hours.

- ADR (device analyser) 4.64% which is low/normal for me on extremely good OS/hybrid (after 48 hours)
    - No lag whatsoever
    - Highest module CPU time:
    -- net_rim_bb_fileindexservice 2.22%
    -- net_rim_bb_appworld 0.86%
    --vvm_bb_9900_rogers_std_prod_os7 0.64%
    --net_rim_bb_ribbon_app 0.57%
    --UberSocial 0.53%
    These numbers are all relatively low compared to all OS's I've used in recent memory, except fileindexservice, which always seems high to start.

I never report in this early as I always figure it's way too early to judge an OS, but these numbers are terrific for me. I find it hard to believe that this OS is considered an alpha version. Great stuff!! Thx again!

> should add > have been getting an echo on calls. This has been true for a lot of OS's recently, with few exceptions. I believe this is network related and not sfi but who knows
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 09-19-12 at 03:33 PM. Reason: To add note re echo on calls
    Legal Eagle and Sator like this.
    09-19-12 03:28 PM
    I have tried the 569 radio this time, since we started building the hybid OS using 569 is a huge amount cooler than it was with its own OS.

Signal I am struggling to see the difference between 523 and 569.

I did like 649, just wish it wasnt buggy, Bet 714 appears for 9900 before the weekend
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-19-12 03:30 PM
    I have tried the 569 radio this time, since we started building the hybid OS using 569 is a huge amount cooler than it was with its own OS.

Signal I am struggling to see the difference between 523 and 569.

I did like 649, just wish it wasnt buggy, Bet 714 appears for 9900 before the weekend
    Is there just the Claro Multilanguage .sfi out there or is there an alternative All Language version as there was with .523 ?
    09-19-12 03:38 PM
    Claro is in the Dominican and other countries so I would be surprised if there isnt a multilangauge option with the original OS.
    09-19-12 03:54 PM
    This is because you must have had a new OS, possibly 714, on your phone originally, some of the files, in this case probably the sfi file, are older than 714, you should have selected the option to wipe the handset and continue installing the older files.
    that was the reason. lol. thanks for the help still in the learning process. going to stick with .569 with RC6A.
    Last edited by likklek; 09-19-12 at 04:41 PM.
    ifraser and Sator like this.
    09-19-12 04:08 PM
10,888 ... 139140141142143 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD