RC5B2 & .523 not working well for me. In addition to getting the Uncaught Exception error after each battery pull today when I left the house I have no data connection. Voice was working fine.

I'm thinking of trying RC5B2 with .569 and only install the few apps I really use everyday for the time being.
    It definetely sounds like you could do with starting again, or you have an app causing your exceptions.

Many of us load the hybrid with no issues but you have to start pretty much with a plain slate then put your data on top.

I have been testing the new mix and no issues to speak of yet.
    09-18-12 08:17 AM
    It definetely sounds like you could do with starting again, or you have an app causing your exceptions.

Many of us load the hybrid with no issues but you have to start pretty much with a plain slate then put your data on top.

I have been testing the new mix and no issues to speak of yet.
    My banking app was giving me an uncaught exception error, I uninstalled and installed again, no issues thus far.

Get your apps one by one, so that way you can catch which app is causing grief!
    ifraser likes this.
    09-18-12 08:18 AM
    Thanks Sharma,

Yes if you have a 9900 the Base OS directory can be emptied of all files and the hybrid extracted into it.

This will let you install the hybrid the way it should be.

As for Beta 3, patience is a virtue!!
    Are you saying that we should delete all the files in this directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900M_v7.1.0.569_P5.1.0.415

then copy the files from the RC5B2 directory into here?
    09-18-12 08:24 AM

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900M_v7.1.0.569_P5.1.0.415

If you are using the 9900 and have the full Hybrid archive then yes, that is the safest way to install it.

The only thing I do personally is add the Social feed cods and alx back in before I install the OS.

The only thing that would change this is using the 569 sfi file, if that is the case then keep that file
    in the UTMS directory.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-18-12 08:26 AM

Thats how I have installed all of the 9900 BL OS's and each install has been flawless for me.

No errors whatsoever from RC1 to 5B2
    maxx71 and ifraser like this.
    09-18-12 08:28 AM
    If you are using the 9900 and have the full Hybrid archive then yes, that is the safest way to install it.

The only thing I do personally is add the Social feed cods and alx back in before I install the OS.
    Would that be RC5B2-9900M_v7.1.0.523_P5 1.0.393.rar?
    09-18-12 08:28 AM
    Would that be RC5B2-9900M_v7.1.0.523_P5 1.0.393.rar?
    Yes, that is a full OS for the 9900.

If you install for example .569 on your PC, delete all the files in the installed .569 and then extract the Hybrid to it you have a fully functioning Hybrid OS ready to load.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 09-18-12 at 08:36 AM.
    ifraser likes this.
    09-18-12 08:34 AM
    Extract the whole OS, to what your base is ALL files! That should be it

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 - Powered by BerryLicio.us Ultimate 7.1 hybrid RC5B2 - Using CrackBerry Forums App!

I did. But no exe file to install it on my pc
    09-18-12 08:42 AM
    Hi All,

Missed out on a couple of days and we are talking about the next release, GOSH......!!!!!!!!!! You've got to be kidding, i mean what on Earth can you improve without a new OS ? LOL , hats off to the BL Team.

I have been on RC5b2 for roughly a day as in the last load (saturday), i tried to use the .569 sfi on a .569 base and it did not give the results that now i am so used to with BL hybrid.

Reinstalled base .569 and used the complete folder of RC5b2 and already it is giving me results which is mind boggling, the network is hooking on vitually everywhere. Earlier i used to have 2 bars or so in the basement and now i'm getting 4-5 bars rest is awesome (browser speed, rebooting, no spinning clocks and battery is good to last more than a day on heavy usage) and that is the reason why i said initially, what else could you improve upon ?

Great job guys, thanks to Zoc, Ian and Sator for giving us this joyride !!!!!
    Legal Eagle and Sator like this.
    09-18-12 08:44 AM
    The OS to install is the base OS installed on your computer into which you copied the Hybrid, in your case the .523.

Run app loader or DM for the .523 OS that will be detected provided you have remembered to delete the vendor.xml file.

If you are uncertain, delete all other installed OS's from your computer so that the Hybrid is the only one on there to load.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 09-18-12 at 08:52 AM.
    09-18-12 08:48 AM
    The Hybrid is an archive (rar) file, you need to extract the files into your directory for the OS you installed.

For installing it loader.exe is in the usual place since it will have been loaded by the
    Base OS..

Also i have decided, if anyone decides to try and jump the OS gun and BBM`s me for the archive any more I am going to block them.....you know who you are

Once the next version is stable and ready Zoc will make the decision when it gets released.
    09-18-12 08:51 AM
    Thank you.

A question about shrinking.

I use BB Boss to shrink my OS and wonder if I need the following...

Application Center
    Default DMTree
    MBP Files
    09-18-12 08:53 AM
    Loader.exe can be found here C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    ifraser likes this.
    09-18-12 08:55 AM
    Thank you.

A question about shrinking.

I use BB Boss to shrink my OS and wonder if I need the following...

Application Center
    Default DMTree
    MBP Files
    Application Center - shrink
    Default DMTree - mmm....dont recognise so leave
    MBP Files..... same as above
    09-18-12 09:00 AM
    Wish I could find that post which explains all the shrink options in BBHTools grrrrrr Will keep looking
    09-18-12 09:02 AM
    Found it woop wooop

Originally Posted by gladiator82
    BBHybrid-Tool v4.9.3

Other than the obvious pics, music files, What shall I shrink? I don't know what some options are?

Here is an in depth explanation:

Amazon MP3 Store: Shop 17 million songs and play your music on your BlackBerry

Application Center: Application Center is for your carrier to push applications to you. (not needed usually as you can get your select apps from AppWorld

AT&T Hotspot: Free AT&T Wi-Fi access at thousands of hotspot locations nationwide (works only on select devices for AT&T Users only, check with your carrier)

Backup Assistant: Performs the same functions as the the regular back up through DM, works only for Verizon customers and is not needed!

Chinese Dictionary: As the title says, if you're not chinese, shrink it!

City ID: Shows the number of the caller and their state, only works with a few carriers and is safe to shrink.

DocsToGo: Office like apps for your BlackBerry (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to view & edit Microsoft Office files.

DoD Certificates: Department of Defence use encrypted cetrificates which are enbedded on CAC card this module allows the Blackberry to read the information on the card correctly so the user can actually use their handheld. If you don't work for the Department of Defense, shrink it!

Event Log Viewer: Shows the event log of your BlackBerry, only useful if you are having constant problems and want to give the information to a tech-support agent.

G3eWalk: Chinese module that is a potential malware feeder, SHRINK IT!

Help Files: BlackBerry help files for n00bies, safe to shrink

IT Policy Viewer: The IT policy viewer permits a user to view IT policy rules from the Security policy group and Password policy group that have values configured. If you are not using a work BlackBerry, shrink it!

Lunar Calendar: Chinese calendar to display the Tiong Hua Tiong Hua calendar year. Safe to srhink.

Memopad: Useful app for taking notes on your BlackBerry.

Mobile Stock: No additional info found

music.cn: useless chinese music app

Mobile Market: useless app, shrink safely

Mobile Reader: useless app, shrink safely

movitalk: useless carrier pushed app, safe to shrink

MyFaves: useless T-Mobile pushed apps, safe to shrink

Password Keeper/Wizard: An app that stores all your passwords safely, shrink it if you don't use it

PIMClient: no additional info found, shrink if you've never used it

Setup Wizard: Setup wizard for e-mails, BBM, Wifi, Bluetooth. Not recommended to be shrunk.

Sure Type T12: Suretype works when you can spell, or use words that are not common

Slacker: Personal Radio for your BlackBerry, safe to shrink if you don't use it.

S/MIME Support: Blackberry S/MIME is a component of the Blackberry Enterprise Server.

T-Mobile Backup: If you are not a T-Mobile customer, shrink this

Tasks: Useful app for sheculing your tasks.

TeleNav: Carrier pushed app, shrink if you don't use it

TTY (Hearing-Impaired): TTY is for the hearing impaired. You would only use TTY if you're going to attach a TeleType device.

VCAST Music: Verizon pushed app that can identify a song you hear using the VCast Song ID, Useless!

VCAST Raphsody: Works with VCAST Music to identify songs, useless!!

Verizon Push-To-Talk: PTT app for Verizon customers only; shrink if you are not one.

Visual Voice Mail: Allows users to view their voice mail messages in a message list and quickly see the details of a voice mail message, such as the sender, the length of the voice mail message, the date, and the time. Only works on a few carriers.

Vodafone Music App: Vodafone Music is developed by RealNetworks, Inc. and only works for Vodafone users. Shrink safely if you don't use it.

Voice Activated Dialing: Gives you the ability to say the name of the person you wish to call. Useful app but shrink if you don't ever use it.

Voice Notes Recorder: Enables you to record voice notes rather than type them. Useful app and not recommended to be shrunk.

VZ Navigator: Verizon pushed app that tells you where you are and what's nearby, providing turn-by-turn directions to get to your destination on time. Shrink safely if you don't use it.

YouTube: as the name implies, an app that enables you to easil view YouTube videos on your BlackBerry

Accessibility options: Includes many features that facilitate use by persons with disabilities.

Bluetooth: Essential for the functionality of Bluetooth connectivity on your device. Only shrink it if you never use Bluetooth.

Camera: Essential for the functionality of the Camera (still shots) on your device. Only shrink it if you never use the camera.

Video Camera: Essential for the functionality of the Camera (Video Recording) on your device. Only shrink it if you never use the camera.

Default 102DM: If you don't know what this is, then you probably shouldn't be shrinking it.

Engineering Screen: Hidden menu for the purpose of debugging for developers in Blackberry mobile phone which is named as Engineering Mode and contains some hidden options. Shrink if you don't need it.

OTA Upgrade: essential if you rely on updating your device Over The Air (carrier OS), shrink if you usually update yourself.

MBP Files: Mobile Books, I have always shrunk this with 0 problems.
    09-18-12 09:04 AM
    Also i have decided, if anyone decides to try and jump the OS gun and BBM`s me for the archive any more I am going to block them.....you know who you are ;
    LOL

Not Guilty I'm pleased to say. don't do BBM.

We Brits don't believe in queue jumping !!!

The last thing I would want to do is get on the wrong side of any of the BL Team !!!
    maxx71 and BigwhiteUK like this.
    09-18-12 09:09 AM
    Sweet! Thanks for that post brother!
    09-18-12 09:10 AM
    Queue jump! God forbid, just not cricket!!!!!
    ifraser and Legal Eagle like this.
    09-18-12 09:11 AM
    Yep, i was looking for that as well thanks for the post Big White.

@Legal, we are still in the early stages of this version and have already had to make changes, so people that don`t have patience just get annoying...lol

No point in distributing a below standard OS now..
    09-18-12 09:13 AM
    I for one will not load any OS except the Rc6 cause this one works like a charm for me......................having said that we all are now well known for Willpower failures...LOL
    Last edited by maxx71; 09-18-12 at 09:32 AM.
    BoldAlways and Legal Eagle like this.
    09-18-12 09:29 AM
    I for one will not load any OS except the Rc6 cause this one works like a charm for me......................having said that we are all now well known for Willpower failures...LOL
    I will not load anymore OS�s .... Except the ones from BL team
    ifraser and Legal Eagle like this.
    09-18-12 09:32 AM
    No point in distributing a below standard OS now..
    Doesn't seem to bother RIM .........

But of course we all know that your standards are much higher than theirs !!!!!!!

The proof of the pudding etc etc
    ifraser, maxx71 and BoldAlways like this.
    09-18-12 09:37 AM
    Doesn't seem to bother RIM .........

But of course we all know that your standards are much higher than theirs !!!!!!!

The proof of the pudding etc etc
    lmoa...never thought of that, never a truer work said.
    Legal Eagle and BoldAlways like this.
    09-18-12 09:39 AM
    No more "open in new tab" option when long click on browser, instead "open in native browser" opens new tabs now.

Battery seems better. Getting 6 hours of ussage previously getting 4 hours.

App caused previous error. Solved!
    9320/7.1.0.658
    ifraser likes this.
    09-18-12 09:41 AM
10,888 ... 133134135136137 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD