Hi again! I've installed the RC5B 4 days ago. It runs good and the battery life seems to be good. Last night the radio was off and I've lost only 1%. BUT today after using opera about 30 min the battery drain rate for this hour was 10%. Is this Ok? And did you check your drain rate for a time period after heavy use?
    With Higher data usage you are going to use a fair amount of battery, 10% is
    not going to do too much damage.

We test using long calls and heavy 3G usage, the hybrid makes efficiency a lot better.
    boreas21 likes this.
    09-17-12 02:56 AM
    With Higher data usage you are going to use a fair amount of battery, 10% is
    not going to do too much damage.

We test using long calls and heavy 3G usage, the hybrid makes efficiency a lot better.
    Thanks! I thought that was pretty quickly for home use on wifi and 2G. I will observe and report soon more. Maybe should try the new RC5B2.
    09-17-12 03:06 AM
    Beta 2 is a bit more efficient, also depending what radio file you are using.
    09-17-12 03:14 AM
    ohh you guys, i just loaded the RC5B last week. now there's RC5B-2 already? i guess i should check this thread more often
    09-17-12 05:32 AM
    ohh you guys, i just loaded the RC5B last week. now there's RC5B-2 already? i guess i should check this thread more often
    On daily basis... this thread is on fire and we need to keep up with it..
    ifraser and Sator like this.
    09-17-12 05:44 AM
    Not quite daily thankfully but certainly RC5 Beta 2 was a week in the making.

We might even see an OS appear which will mean jumping up another level soon.

Keep your eyes on this thread.
    nathan_eil and sofes like this.
    09-17-12 05:59 AM
    Nudge, Nudge, wink, wink, donation button lol

Done!

Thanks again
    Sator, ifraser and zocster like this.
    09-17-12 06:19 AM
    No, thank you!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    09-17-12 06:21 AM
    Had to hammer RC5B2 really hard with phone calls this morning as stuck on the Motorway for an hour due to an accident.

Loads of appointments to re arrange.

Couldn't push the ADR over 4% which given how phone calls are the biggest battery drainer I have is well impressive.

And that is with install only done Saturday afternoon with battery pull cycle still not completed.

Very impressive IMO.
    ifraser, BoldAlways and Sator like this.
    09-17-12 06:27 AM
    is having a couple of errors in event log viewer normal? or is it something i need to worry about?

for example. first error in event log viewer is :
    JVM:INFOp=,a='7.1.0.658',o='9.6.0.8.0',h=e001507
    Last edited by likklek; 09-17-12 at 07:03 AM.
    09-17-12 06:43 AM
    is having a couple of errors in event log viewer normal? or is it something i need to worry about?
    Perfectly normal. Those errors have been there since OS6. Nothing to worry about, and nothing to do with the OS.
    You might want to remove your PIN though
    likklek likes this.
    09-17-12 06:58 AM
    It is normal to have couple of small errors, you might even find a battery pull will clear this up.
    09-17-12 07:01 AM
    Those 2 will always be there Ian, even after a battery pull.
    09-17-12 07:04 AM
    It is normal to have couple of small errors, you might even find a battery pull will clear this up.
    battery pull did not clear the error. but glad to know its normal. btw how would you know if you're having memory leaks? do you a memory app and see how much memory it frees up to determine how much memory has leaked? is it normal to get memory leak in the time it takes hybrid os to settle? only installed RC5B -2 with sfi .523, base .649 on the 9360 last night.
    Last edited by likklek; 09-17-12 at 07:08 AM.
    09-17-12 07:06 AM
    Those 2 will always be there Ian, even after a battery pull.
    ok thanks, I dont tend to check my event log much unless it is to fault find an issue.
    09-17-12 07:07 AM
    No, thank you!

You keep it coming and so will I.
    ifraser likes this.
    09-17-12 07:07 AM
    battery pull did not clear the error. but glad to know its normal. btw how would you know if you're having memory leaks? do you a memory app and see how much memory it frees up to determine how much memory has leaked? is it normal to get memory leak in the time it takes hybrid os to settle? only installed RC5B -2 with sfi .523, base .649 on the 9360 last night.
    blackberry device analyzer - to enable, go to options and type bbda whilst holding the ALT key, you will then find it in options, and to save looking for it, type it in search bar in options and it will come up, you can run diagnostic tests using it
    ifraser likes this.
    09-17-12 07:10 AM
    blackberry device analyzer - to enable, go to options and type bbda whilst holding the ALT key, you will then find it in options, and to save looking for it, type it in search bar in options and it will come up, you can run diagnostic tests using it
    Thanks but I have already enabled BBDA ever since i installed the hybrid. but where in that does it monitor memory leakage?
    09-17-12 07:17 AM
    ok thanks, I dont tend to check my event log much unless it is to fault find an issue.
    Me too, but even after you clear your Event Log those 2 will always remain.
    Although they show as errors, they're only really Java system info logs where p = your PIN, a = the application/OS number, o = the radio file/sfi number, and h = some random number
    ifraser and Sator like this.
    09-17-12 07:26 AM
    I think I found the file that has been missed in RC5 that helps with Russian encoding. I have seen the post about the difference between loading the java into the empty folder or merging it with the actual system java folder. I just want to mention that adding the cod files is not the only thing that has to be done. You would also need to fix the blackberry.alx file to get these cod's installed. So when you add cod files make sure that the .alx file contains the exact name of the added cod. Otherwise there is a big chance that you wouldn't see the added features in your os.

Thanks again Zoc, ifraser and co for the nice job!
    Hi! Thanks for your useful information. Somehow I can't understand this with the .alx files. Could you explain again what you exactly did and why I can't see the .alx files with the same name as the .cod files?
    Thanks!
    09-17-12 07:37 AM
    Hi! Thanks for your useful information. Somehow I can't understand this with the .alx files. Could you explain again what you exactly did and why I can't see the .alx files with the same name as the .cod files?

Thanks!
    Open your alx in notepad, ctrl+f to find

09-17-12 08:04 AM
    You keep it coming and so will I.
    Guys.....hurry up, we have to work hard to make RC5B3 by next week....LOL
    BoldAlways, ifraser and Mi.key like this.
    09-17-12 08:07 AM
    Open your alx in notepad, ctrl+f to find

Hi! I opened my alx in notepad and found this <application id="net.rim.blackberry.lang.ru" syslangid="0x0019"> (and many other ru things). What is next? Do I need the Russian language? I shrunk it in the BBHtool.
    09-17-12 08:20 AM
    Thanks but I have already enabled BBDA ever since i installed the hybrid. but where in that does it monitor memory leakage?
    errmm i actually don't know lol. i use battery ex and meterberry. you can only get these apps around crackberry as mobihand has shut down so i don't know what do suggest :O
    likklek likes this.
    09-17-12 08:36 AM
    Hi! I opened my alx in notepad and found this <application id="net.rim.blackberry.lang.ru" syslangid="0x0019"> (and many other ru things). What is next? Do I need the Russian language? I shrunk it in the BBHtool.
    You'd need a fresh install of your base OS. And as I have no 9360 alx to butcher, you should be good to go.

ifraser likes this.
    09-17-12 08:43 AM
10,888 ... 129130131132133 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD