Is an uncaught exception error a bad thing?
    09-13-12 09:28 PM
    An Uncaught Exception is an event, which occurs during the execution of a program, that disrupts the normal flow of it's instructions. These are typically displayed as java.lang.nullpointerexception or java.lang.illegalargument errors on the BlackBerry smartphone.

it varies sometimes a singel battery pull will do, other times have to delete app thats causing the problem or reload os.
    09-13-12 10:07 PM
    I get that the odd time after I grabbed TD Banking app off app world...would you recommend I delete that app?
    09-13-12 10:09 PM
    It's not bad, but it's better without uncaught exeption...lol, mostly caused by 3rd apps. , sometimes some of 3rd apps. are not compatible yet with higher OS 7.1
    09-13-12 10:11 PM
    I get that the odd time after I grabbed TD Banking app off app world...would you recommend I delete that app?
    yea delete app, >battery pull, >reinstall.> ..soft reset... and see how, it goes it doesnt hurt
    09-13-12 10:14 PM
    Same here, day 5 and all continues to be well, not yet finished a working day with ADR over 2%

Finished battery pulls on Tuesday as per Zocs schedule and not felt the need to do more.

Next reset will be when the update for Advance OS promised for the weekend gets installed !!!

Sultan and the BL Team clearly demonstrate how RIM sucks in certain areas.
    How about BL RC5B2....lol
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-13-12 10:32 PM
    It just doesn't get any BETA than this.....lol
    Last edited by maxx71; 09-13-12 at 11:47 PM.
    ifraser, BigwhiteUK and BoldAlways like this.
    09-13-12 11:04 PM
    With the battery pull schedule, would the three finger salute ( ALT+SHFT+DEL) work just as well?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-13-12 11:13 PM
    With the battery pull schedule, would the three finger salute ( ALT+SHFT+DEL) work just as well?

unfortunately not. That still classified as soft reset.
    09-13-12 11:19 PM
    I have been getting errors like that but only the odd time I reboot. So I just click Ok and continue. Everything seems to still work. Usually the next batt pull is error free so I just stopped worrying about it

I have the TD banking app installed too. I think I noticed the error starting before I installed it though, and like I say it only comes up occasionally.

Note this happened before I installed any BL hybrids... I was still running 7.0 I believe.

I wouldn't delete the app if you still need/use it assuming everything still works and its just occasional
    09-14-12 12:33 AM
    Its more the app needing updating is all. Oh, and you'd have less issue if you turn your wireless (gsm and wifi) off before a pull, then wait for a few minutes before turning them both on after.
    09-14-12 12:53 AM
    Ah ok. I've noticed the error is a lot less frequent lately since I've updated a few apps. I can't really even remember the last time recently. So that makes sense Zocs, between BL hybrids & updating apps it is more or less cured
    And good to know about turning wireless off around batt pulls. I've never done that before
    09-14-12 12:56 AM
    No worries. Take care
    09-14-12 01:19 AM
    So like I've just installed/updated my OS with RC5B and I don't seem to find the "DEVICE ANALYZER" I noticed the same problem when I updated it with RC3 a while ago. Can anyone help me out on how to get it back/install it please. Oh by the way I'm using a 9360 Curve base .569
    09-14-12 01:21 AM
    You need to re-enable it. Go into options. On the main options screen hold ALT & type bbda
    09-14-12 01:25 AM
    So like I've just installed/updated my OS with RC5B and I don't seem to find the "DEVICE ANALYZER" I noticed the same problem when I updated it with RC3 a while ago. Can anyone help me out on how to get it back/install it please. Oh by the way I'm using a 9360 Curve base .569
    in options alt+bbda you need to log it though to keep it on after a batt pull.
    09-14-12 01:25 AM
    in options alt+bbda you need to log it though to keep it on after a batt pull.
    Thanks Zoc, and would you recommend me to use the "Device Analyzer" to moniter my battery or should I use native apps like Tiny Meter?
    09-14-12 01:31 AM
    I still use device analyser for my readings.

Meterberry is alright but needs a license.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    09-14-12 01:41 AM
    Thanks Zoc, and would you recommend me to use the "Device Analyzer" to moniter my battery or should I use native apps like Tiny Meter?
    Fyi: Device Analyzer *is* a 'native' app. Tiny Meter is a 3rd party app

I use meterberry & bbda... Some people find bbda more accurate though. But I like bbda better for certain extra features (the app icon & clearing memory automatically)
    ifraser likes this.
    09-14-12 01:43 AM
    Let me run the same OS for a full week after install !!!!

RC5B2 will be eagerly awaited, but not for a few more days please, I just want to sit back and enjoy RC5B !!!
    ifraser likes this.
    09-14-12 02:39 AM
    Fyi: Device Analyzer *is* a 'native' app. Tiny Meter is a 3rd party app

I use meterberry & bbda... Some people find bbda more accurate though. But I like bbda better for certain extra features (the app icon & clearing memory automatically)
    Sorry my bad, thanks for the correction. So I guess I'll stick to BBDA.
    09-14-12 02:43 AM
    Let me run the same OS for a full week after install !!!!

RC5B2 will be eagerly awaited, but not for a few more days please, I just want to sit back and enjoy RC5B !!!

Yes, I agree with you, let every body enjoy RC5B until new OS comes out...

ifraser likes this.
    09-14-12 05:33 AM
    Running RC5B for 2 or 3 days now. My batttery is at 3.XX% per hour personally i think its to high. But what do you guys think about it?
    09-14-12 05:45 AM
    Running RC5B for 2 or 3 days now. My batttery is at 3.XX% per hour personally i think its to high. But what do you guys think about it?
    Only you can know.

All depends on your useage, what apps you have running and how they refresh and the quality of your signal.
    BigwhiteUK likes this.
    09-14-12 05:49 AM
    RC5B2 will be released?? when??
    09-14-12 06:36 AM
10,888 ... 120121122123124 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD