But i feel since his device is 9360 and only Java was installed it could be the problem or maybe the .523sfi with 9360 isn't all that good as with 9900 apart from carrier related issues.
    Hi Maxx

You may be getting your wires crossed.

I think that Ian's reply is to Phatboi's query and he is on the 9900 according to his device info.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-13-12 10:02 AM
    Hi Maxx

You may be getting your wires crossed.

I think that Ian's reply is to Phatboi's query and he is on the 9900 according to his device info.
    Sorry, my bad ! I assumed he might have replied to my post !

Thanks for pointing it out, i got
    ifraser likes this.
    09-13-12 10:07 AM
    Today is the 5th day on RC5b and the improvement in battery life is pretty good, after another heavy usage day the ADR is 3.16 per hour and the MDR is yet to see 1%. I have not done any battery pulls today but Signal has been Constant wi-fi latching is has also been excellent.

Awesome Build.

Same here, day 5 and all continues to be well, not yet finished a working day with ADR over 2%

Finished battery pulls on Tuesday as per Zocs schedule and not felt the need to do more.

Next reset will be when the update for Advance OS promised for the weekend gets installed !!!

Sultan and the BL Team clearly demonstrate how RIM sucks in certain areas.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-13-12 10:11 AM
    Can you post your error log after a pull thx.
    Sure, if you can tell me how to get an error log.
    09-13-12 10:16 AM

Sultan and the BL Team clearly demonstrate how RIM sucks in certain areas.
    Couldn't agree more on that count.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-13-12 10:32 AM
    alt+lglg from homescreen hit menu and copy
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-13-12 10:34 AM
    A few more questions....

I am running RC5a over 7.1.0.569 and I now see that RC5b is available.

Is .569 the best base to use?

Is it recommended that whenever a new hybrid comes out that it get installed?

Do I need to wipe the device each time or just install over what I already have?

Can I overlay a new hybrid over what I already have on my PC or do I need to uninstall and re-install everything?

As always TIA and forgive me if these questions have been answered in this thread already. I am VERY new to this and have not read all 2900+ posts.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-13-12 10:35 AM
    A few more questions....

Whatever works best for you that is at least .523

Yes, the team are constantly developing the OS for us

Do I need to wipe the device each time or just install over what I already have?

Matter of personal choice, some say do it every time, I install via DM and have never wiped or had an issue

Can I overlay a new hybrid over what I already have on my PC or do I need to uninstall and re-install everything?

Fresh install of base OS is recommended

As always TIA and forgive me if these questions have been answered in this thread already. I am VERY new to this and have not read all 2900+ posts.
    Keep on asking, it's what we are here for.
    09-13-12 10:39 AM
    A few more questions....

Any base over .523 is good, wahtever has worked for you will do.
    Device wipe is your choice but has been recommended. You can do it the DM way as well there it wipes the device automatically as a process.
    Fresh install of the OS is a must.
    Legal Eagle and BoldAlways like this.
    09-13-12 10:42 AM
    Any base over .523 is good, wahtever has worked for you will do.
    Device wipe is your choice but has been recommended. You can do it the DM way as well there it wipes the device automatically as a process.
    Fresh install of the OS is a must.
    Great minds think alike !!!
    09-13-12 10:45 AM
    Great minds think alike !!!
    Thanks for the Compliment, the feeling is Mutual
    ifraser likes this.
    09-13-12 10:55 AM
    I have been busy for about an hour and missed a whole page of updates

Maxx, i was replying to the 2 posts that were both getting issues with reboots and java errors.
    09-13-12 11:08 AM
    I have been busy for about an hour and missed a whole page of updates
    Well we do have 200 pages now and 97,000 views so we must be doing something right in here !!!
    maxx71, ifraser and dindin like this.
    09-13-12 11:15 AM
    Well we do have 200 pages now and 97,000 views so we must be doing something right in here !!!
    Not to mention the amount of learning we All have got in here. Amazing !!!
    ifraser likes this.
    09-13-12 11:28 AM
    Virgin Mobile UK here, using .523sfi, no problems what so ever. phone very smooth and fast, battery life is excellent, as is memory loss, or lack of loss!
    maxx71 and ifraser like this.
    09-13-12 11:30 AM
    I installed .569 on my PC and overlaid RC5b(copied the .cod and .alx files) then ran the loader.exe and there wasn't anything new.

Does this sound right?
    09-13-12 11:30 AM
    Not to mention the amount of learning we All have got in here. Amazing !!!
    Very true, the knowledge base of the regular posters in here is amazing, I have learned so much about Java based OS's for which I am very grateful.

Can't help but feel that BB10 will destroy so much if it can't be manipulated in the same way that "traditional" BB OS's can.

We will be stuck with whatever RIM pushes out and we all kow what their track record is in that resepct !!!
    maxx71, BigwhiteUK and ifraser like this.
    09-13-12 11:36 AM
    I installed .569 on my PC and overlaid RC5b(copied the .cod and .alx files) then ran the loader.exe and there wasn't anything new.

Does this sound right?
    Your best bet is to wipe the device and run an install again from loader.exe

Currently it wont show anything newer as the java is a newer version to .569
    09-13-12 11:40 AM
    Your best bet is to wipe the device and run an install again from loader.exe

Currently it wont show anything newer as the java is a newer version to .569
    Since that's not a 30 second proceedure are the changes/modidfications from A to B posted anywhere? If minimal changes I wonder if it pays to go through all that work. Just asking.
    09-13-12 11:47 AM
    Legal I was thinking exactly that today. What will happen when BB10 comes out? Will we be able to manipulate it as easy as, well relatively easy, as OS7? What support, if any, will OS7 devices and below, receive?
    Ive only had my 9900 for 3 months and have no plans of upgrading in the next year, unless I win the lottery. Though i'm so tempted with a Playbook, the way the prices are now
    09-13-12 11:51 AM
    EdS817 RC5A didn't work for me, however RC5B is almost perfection, cant for the life of me think how it could run any better! Does everything I want it to do quickly and smoothly without worrying about battery drain. Bearing in mind its a more powerful processor and graphics, with a smaller battery
    09-13-12 11:58 AM
    Since that's not a 30 second proceedure are the changes/modidfications from A to B posted anywhere? If minimal changes I wonder if it pays to go through all that work. Just asking.
    There is a vast difference in the Java versions used between the RC5Alpha and RC5Beta versions.

As for a change log, again too many things to mention as far as performance, reliability, Browser speed and Battery life. The only way to gauge the OS is the reaction on this thread to how other users have found the results.

The Beta version is a lot more of a final OS, but it is entirely up to your self if you have the time and effort to change the OS. Some of us do it regularly and aren`t bothered but lots of people are new to OS changes and a bit frightened of too much change at once.
    09-13-12 11:59 AM
    Straight after error, alt+lglg on home screen

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    09-13-12 12:13 PM
    Legal I was thinking exactly that today. What will happen when BB10 comes out? Will we be able to manipulate it as easy as, well relatively easy, as OS7? What support, if any, will OS7 devices and below, receive?
    Ive only had my 9900 for 3 months and have no plans of upgrading in the next year, unless I win the lottery. Though i'm so tempted with a Playbook, the way the prices are now
    Given the initial problems with OS7 devices which were pretty much an upgrade of OS6 devices I have no itention of considering upgrading to BB10 until it has been released for at least 12 months given that it is something brand new that RIM knows little about.

If they can screw up a Java based device when they had been dealing with Java for donkeys years I have no confidence whatsoever that they can get BB10 right out of the box.
    ifraser and BigwhiteUK like this.
    09-13-12 12:14 PM
    Given the initial problems with OS7 devices which were pretty much an upgrade of OS6 devices I have no itention of considering upgrading to BB10 until it has been released for at least 12 months given that it is something brand new that RIM knows little about.

If they can screw up a Java based device when they had been dealing with Java for donkeys years I have no confidence whatsoever that they can get BB10 right out of the box.
    Before I leave work tonight I would just like to say we have now had 3000 posts on the thread in 200 Pages,

I think the BL Ultimate series has still got a lot further to go, lets just wait and hope a newer radio arrives soon and it can still go a lot further.
    BigwhiteUK and BoldAlways like this.
    09-13-12 12:55 PM
10,888 ... 118119120121122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD