why does my phone reboot itself? i have noticed, randomly it just decides to do this. it has done this twice now and i uploaded the os 2 days ago
    What device and what radio?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    09-12-12 09:42 PM
    My connections with .649 have been really great. You just have to remember if you are wandering out of a wifi area to turn it off in connections then it doesn't reboot.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    My connection breaks even if I'm 5 feet away from my router
    09-12-12 10:52 PM
    My connection breaks even if I'm 5 feet away from my router
    Get a new router

09-12-12 10:57 PM
    Get a new router

Only happens with .649.. .658 is an awesome radio
    09-12-12 10:59 PM
    Well, this is my 3rd day on RC5B, already did what i have to do. Battery pulls etc. ADR and MDR is phenomenal! Better than RC4 tbh Good job zocs and the rest of the BL team will stick to this untill theres a new Leaked/Official for my Bold
    ditto
    09-12-12 11:08 PM
    why does my phone reboot itself? i have noticed, randomly it just decides to do this. it has done this twice now and i uploaded the os 2 days ago
    Are you using the 7.1.0.642 radio? If so you are experiensing the same thing i am.

You need to reload with either .523 or .569 radio files and this issue will dissapear. It a fault with the sfi file.
    09-13-12 02:24 AM
    Only happens with .649.. .658 is an awesome radio
    That may be related to the radio file but as I have been using it for the last 2 days and I also tried it when it was 1st released both times i have had no issues with the actual stability of the signal.

And I use it with 2 wireless routers in the office and 2 different ones in the house also.

But it does have that reboot issue once i wander out of signal,only if you dont switch wifi off before you leave the area.
    09-13-12 02:27 AM
    I think I found the file that has been missed in RC5 that helps with Russian encoding. I have seen the post about the difference between loading the java into the empty folder or merging it with the actual system java folder. I just want to mention that adding the cod files is not the only thing that has to be done. You would also need to fix the blackberry.alx file to get these cod's installed. So when you add cod files make sure that the .alx file contains the exact name of the added cod. Otherwise there is a big chance that you wouldn't see the added features in your os.

Thanks again Zoc, ifraser and co for the nice job!
    ifraser likes this.
    09-13-12 03:15 AM
    I finally did my first clean hybrid installation.

TMO had to send me a new 9900 so when I received it I wiped it with BB BOSS and installed the RC5 hybrid. Everything went well and all applications are working fine.

However when I reboot the phone I get an Uncaught Exception error shown below.

Anyone know what's causing this and how to I fix it?

TIA
    ifraser likes this.
    09-13-12 05:40 AM
    I finally did my first clean hybrid installation.

TMO had to send me a new 9900 so when I received it I wiped it with BB BOSS and installed the RC5 hybrid. Everything went well and all applications are working fine.

However when I reboot the phone I get an Uncaught Exception error shown below.

Anyone know what's causing this and how to I fix it?

TIA
    Any chance listing your apps

09-13-12 05:54 AM
    I have had this a few times, just do a battery pull for a couple of mins, think its the ribbon that crashes the first time.

But its fine after you reboot.
    09-13-12 06:33 AM
    Oops, today like ususal i hit the BL thread and realised it was for the OS6 devices.....That was a Wonderful idea ( Legal Eagle), just catching up with the numerous pages since i went offline yesterday.

Another feather in the BL team's cap nd happy OS6 users.
    ifraser and Legal Eagle like this.
    09-13-12 07:12 AM
    Any chance listing your apps

7digital
    BeWeather
    Call Blocker Professional
    Chase Mobile
    Cloud Explorer for SkyDrive
    Dropbox
    Evernote
    Fixmo Tools
    GsBuddy
    GDocs
    Google Maps
    Google Voice
    MBL At Bat 12
    Poynt
    QuickLaunch
    RoboForm
    Volume Scheduler
    Wells Fargo Mobile
    Windows Live Messenger

BlackBerry Apps
    App World
    Bridge
    Maps
    BBM
    Protect
    Traffic
    09-13-12 08:17 AM
    ok thats quite a list of apps, did you install them all from scratch after the install? Or just restore the cods.

Also did you try what i suggested with the battery pull?
    09-13-12 08:37 AM
    ok thats quite a list of apps, did you install them all from scratch after the install? Or just restore the cods.

Also did you try what i suggested with the battery pull?
    All the apps were reinstalled from App World after the clean OS installation.

I've done several battery pulls and it still happens. I will try it a few more times.
    09-13-12 08:52 AM

I've done several battery pulls and it still happens. I will try it a few more times.
    No one pull should have been enough, one of your apps may have a dependency that isnt included in the hybrid package.
    09-13-12 09:02 AM

Can you post your error log after a pull thx.

Even my 9320 doesnt do that on 5b

09-13-12 09:32 AM
    Hi there, I am using the radio file provided with the rc5b file. I'm not sure which one that is?
    I have also noticed another issue, as I woke up this morning, I heard my text message notifier and I looked at my phone but there was no text message. It seems like I havnt received a text message since I hhave uploaded this os. Any pointers? Thanks for your help guys
    09-13-12 09:39 AM
    Hi there, I am using the radio file provided with the rc5b file. I'm not sure which one that is?
    Standard .sfi is .523
    09-13-12 09:42 AM
    Standard .sfi is .523
    If I'm using the .523 sfi thhen why am I having reboot problems?
    09-13-12 09:44 AM
    Today is the 5th day on RC5b and the improvement in battery life is pretty good, after another heavy usage day the ADR is 3.16 per hour and the MDR is yet to see 1%. I have not done any battery pulls today but Signal has been Constant wi-fi latching has also been excellent.

Awesome Build.

hi Max it's my comparitive observation bet hybrid & Official OS. There are more instances of call drops, signal fluctuations, SOS signal on hybrid compare to official OS. Even, I have noticed call voice quality is slightly better and more clear in official OS vs hybrid one. Other functions like email, browser, signal locking, wifi etc are better on hybrids. Hope, Zoc will clarify it.
    @Zocs, yesterday prithvi64 has posted this and i felt the issues he was facing was carrier related and also it could be his device !(9360) , i hope you can throw some light on this !
    Last edited by maxx71; 09-13-12 at 10:11 AM.
    09-13-12 09:54 AM
    I hate to say it but we havent had that reported by anyone else.

I have had all the sfi files on my 9900 with all the Versions of BL Ultimate and always get my notifications ok.

I think you might need to reload again unfortunately.
    09-13-12 09:54 AM
    What was the process you followed during your Install ?
    09-13-12 09:56 AM
    I am afraid to say that also points to needing to reinstall the OS,

I have had the .523 sfi file on for weeks and not had any issues.

We also have a few more users on BL Ultimate in the uk also using vodafone.

God i sound like a broken record today!!!
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-13-12 09:57 AM
    I hate to say it but we havent had that reported by anyone else.

I have had all the sfi files on my 9900 with all the Versions of BL Ultimate and always get my notifications ok.

I think you might need to reload again unfortunately.
    But i feel since his device is 9360 and only Java was installed it could be the problem or maybe the .523sfi with 9360 isn't all that good as with 9900 apart from carrier related issues.
    09-13-12 09:59 AM
10,888 ... 117118119120121 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD