The sfi that comes with os 6 is 650

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Zocs, th latest 9800 installed in my laptop is .723, do I need to uninstall the current base OS or can I just install it over the current 9800 base OS? and can we also use the .723 SFI instead of the .650? - Thanks!
    09-12-12 08:09 AM
    Zocs, th latest 9800 installed in my laptop is .723, do I need to uninstall the current base OS or can I just install it over the current 9800 base OS? and can we also use the .723 SFI instead of the .650? - Thanks!
    Any base will do, the full installer comes with 650 sfi

ifraser likes this.
    09-12-12 08:17 AM
    Hi Maxx

I'm considering loading RC5B. I have just have been on RC5A for nearly a week and doing really well.
    I used .523 base for RC5A as you recommended. My question, is .649 base better to use instead of .523 with RC5B? I'm mostly on 2G and occasionally on 3G to save battery.

Thanks for your advice in advance!
    Hi,
    Glad to know it worked for you cause RC5A worked for me as well but RC5Beta has worked better ( yes, it's true)

Here is what i did, used the leaked .649 as base, .523sfi and copy pasted RC5b over the base OS and alx files and then shrinked to my liking.

Hope this helps, any further questions feel free to ask !
    BoldAlways and wesside_paki like this.
    09-12-12 08:25 AM
    yes. even I noticed several dropped calls after hybrid OS while no such issue with official OS. probably, patch may solve the problem of signal.
    Hi Prithvi64,

It is certainly not Hybrid OS issue but carrier specific issue.
    Had it been a hybrid OS issue then all of us would have faced similar call drops. Only two or three people have reported this issue till now.
    wesside_paki likes this.
    09-12-12 08:32 AM
    I'm using 9900 with sfi 523 + BL rc5a, quite good and still wait newer 9900 sfi for reloading OS again.

thank you so much to BL team for their great work

And I want to share something about "about device version" (please correct me if I'm wrong, masters):

example:
    7.1 bundle 1909 (v7.1.658, platform 5.1.0.393)

a. 7.1.658 ==> refers to "net_rim_os.cod" version that installed
    b. 5.1.0.393 ==> refers to .sfi version that installed (for example : 9900 with 523 sfi, will show platform 5.1.0.393)

see attachment for easy details

I had a random reboot too.. from my experiences, it often happens when I use camera and the signal is "SOS or GSM"
    Sharma, have you had the same moment (when reboot happened) with me??
    Good to go, all of us having RC5 get the same device version.
    09-12-12 08:34 AM
    Hi, yes. 649 resources may not be compatible

Thanks!
    Going to try and give some feedback later!
    09-12-12 08:37 AM
    Wow...I had the random reboot sh!t after a few months of getting my 9900...upgraded the OS and haven't seen the problem since, those reboots really get the best of you.
    lmao...no, my only random reboot issue has been 100% related to the 649 sfi. I reported it way back when the OS first leaked and have now had it twice since my reload yesterday.

It is only when the phone loses wifi and tries to grab GSM signal instead.

Apart from the that, the battery drain and using RC5Beta on my phone makes it a good mix.
    09-12-12 08:37 AM
    I just realized I have that god forsaken media player bug, after a call or if I pause a song....all bass is lost and its all high's and mids just blaring....wtf!? Other than that all is well lol
    09-12-12 08:59 AM
    Hi Prithvi64,

It is certainly not Hybrid OS issue but carrier specific issue.
    Had it been a hybrid OS issue then all of us would have faced similar call drops. Only two or three people have reported this issue till now.
    hi Max it's my comparitive observation bet hybrid & Official OS. There are more instances of call drops, signal fluctuations, SOS signal on hybrid compare to official OS. Even, I have noticed call voice quality is slightly better and more clear in official OS vs hybrid one. Other functions like email, browser, signal locking, wifi etc are better on hybrids. Hope, Zoc will clarify it.
    09-12-12 09:50 AM
    Hi,
    Glad to know it worked for you cause RC5A worked for me as well but RC5Beta has worked better ( yes, it's true)

Here is what i did, used the leaked .649 as base, .523sfi and copy pasted RC5b over the base OS and alx files and then shrinked to my liking.

Hope this helps, any further questions feel free to ask !
    Thanks to both yours and Ian's reply.

Ian is saying that .649 base causes WIFI signal to be lost. What's your experience on that?
    09-12-12 09:52 AM
    hi Max it's my comparitive observation bet hybrid & Official OS. There are more instances of call drops, signal fluctuations, SOS signal on hybrid compare to official OS. Even, I have noticed call voice quality is slightly better and more clear in official OS vs hybrid one. Other functions like email, browser, signal locking, wifi etc are better on hybrids. Hope, Zoc will clarify it.
    I've just made some test calls, from here[Toronto] to Vancouver and locally as well. No issues as per call voice quality here. That signal thing happened with me last night and went away after a little while.
    09-12-12 09:58 AM

Ian is saying that .649 base causes WIFI signal to be lost. What's your experience on that?
    Just to clarify, .649 doesnt lose wireless signal. In fact quite the opposite as the
    radio is good on signal.

What I am experiencing is on leaving the range of the signal my phone struggles to handover to GSM and reboots.

Also Maxx is using the .523 sfi, the .649 install is purely a base which most of it is overwritten by the Hybrid files.

.523 is good and very stable. I have only changed to do a little experiment on the newer versions.
    Last edited by ifraser; 09-12-12 at 10:03 AM.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-12-12 10:00 AM
    I have a problem with the base 649, RC5b + SFI 649. I explain the problem, I have almost everything on the menu options in English, even though I have installed the firmware at the same time, the Italian language. I then tried to install the language pack in Italian with BBSAK, but to no avail, I think it's a problem of version 649. Anyone have an idea on how to solve the problem? There is a file.cod changing the menu language options? Thanks for your cooperation. A special thanks to the staff Berrylicio.
    09-12-12 10:06 AM
    I have a problem with the base 649, RC5b + SFI 649. I explain the problem, I have almost everything on the menu options in English, even though I have installed the firmware at the same time, the Italian language. I then tried to install the language pack in Italian with BBSAK, but to no avail, I think it's a problem of version 649. Anyone have an idea on how to solve the problem? There is a file.cod changing the menu language options? Thanks for your cooperation. A special thanks to the staff Berrylicio.
    There was another poster with the issue you're having, but with Russian language. If you're missing an Italian language cod that might be messing you up. Zocs or Ian might know the for sure, if I happen to be wrong.
    09-12-12 10:23 AM

Ian is using the .649 base and sfi whereas i am using .649 base with .523sfi and in my case the wfi signal is not getting lost and nor is there any call drops etc.
    09-12-12 10:25 AM
    I'm sure Zocs will clarify but in my experience the call voice quality and clarity of the Hybrid is as good as the official if not better and i have not faced any issues with call drops and signal fluctuations with RC5b. That is the reason for me to believe it is more of Carrier issues.
    ifraser, BoldAlways and deezy87 like this.
    09-12-12 10:32 AM
    +1 for that one max!

edit - Using Meterberry for memory readings, and I've enabled the feature to clear memory while idle or whatever and it seems to be helping. For example a half hour ago I had -27.8 and now im at -9.9MB, just thought I'd share.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-12-12 10:34 AM
    Just to clarify, .649 doesnt lose wireless signal. In fact quite the opposite as the
    radio is good on signal.

What I am experiencing is on leaving the range of the signal my phone struggles to handover to GSM and reboots.

Also Maxx is using the .523 sfi, the .649 install is purely a base which most of it is overwritten by the Hybrid files.

.523 is good and very stable. I have only changed to do a little experiment on the newer versions.

Of course I plan to use .523 sfi, but was wondering if the install base is better with .649 rather than .523?
    09-12-12 10:38 AM
    What I've seen from pure observation, use a base which worked best for you.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-12-12 10:40 AM
    I'm sure Zocs will clarify but in my experience the call voice quality and clarity of the Hybrid is as good as the official if not better and i have not faced any issues with call drops and signal fluctuations with RC5b. That is the reason for me to believe it is more of Carrier issues.

I will certainly clarify that we have had no reports of call quality degrading and none of the test team throughout the world have reported these issues.

If you install the hybrid the correct way then the Base os is only providing you with an empty directory.

The 9900 Download includes a whole OS ready for install if you want the .523 sfi,
    unless you have any other app requirements that have been shrunk out or want a different sfi file.
    That is the only time the base java is used.
    Last edited by ifraser; 09-12-12 at 10:50 AM.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-12-12 10:46 AM
    I will certainly clarify that we have had no reports of call quality degrading and none of the test team throughout the world have reported these issues.

If you install the hybrid the correct way then the Base os is only providing you with an empty directory.

The 9900 Download includes a whole OS ready for install if you want the .523 sfi,
    unless you have any other app requirements that have been shrunk out or want a different sfi file.
    That is the only time the base java is used.
    Thanks for all the feedback. Here I go with loading RC5B. Feedback in few days once settled.
    ifraser and deezy87 like this.
    09-12-12 11:00 AM
    Hi!
    I've just completely wiped my device (9900), and installed Full RC5B.
    But It doesn't have Portuguese language, and i'd like/need to have it.
    How can I install it again?
    TY
    S
    09-12-12 11:01 AM
    Thanks for all the feedback. Here I go with loading RC5B. Feedback in few days once settled.
    Go for it, Mate ! Sure there will be No Regrets..........All the best and don't forget to back up your device data
    09-12-12 11:04 AM
    Thanks!
    Going to try and give some feedback later!
    Installing base .649 with .523 SFI and .523 net_rim_bb_options.cod and net_rim_bb_options_app.cod didn�t solved the language problems on "Options" menu.
    Install all base .523 instead of .649??
    cobracam likes this.
    09-12-12 11:09 AM
    For those of you with language issues I would recommend using a full multi-language OS as the base and leave the java directory,

Over write the Java with the Hybrid Java then re-shrink using one of the tools available (BBH/BBsak) leaving the language that you require.

This at least means you are not having to mess about installing cod files after you have loaded the OS.
    maxx71, sofes and Mi.key like this.
    09-12-12 11:14 AM
10,888 ... 114115116117118 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD