thanks sharma0702 and rgshah3. will try to update now.
    deezy87 likes this.
    09-10-12 07:08 PM
    No worries, just helping out!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold� 9900 - Powered by BerryLicio.us Ultimate� 7.1 hybrid - Using CrackBerry Forums app!
    09-10-12 07:16 PM
    loaded rc5B lastnight, hella smooooothhh still settling though, i'll give it a few days to run and come back with a report but so far so great!
    09-10-12 09:06 PM
    loaded rc5B lastnight, hella smooooothhh still settling though, i'll give it a few days to run and come back with a report but so far so great!
    Hope you loaded the browser patch version...if not here you are. Trust me, you'll see a very noticeable improvement with the fluidity and speed of the browser. Link below for the RC5B 9900 FULL OS WITH BROWSER PATCH

Fixedrc5b-9900M_v7.1.0.523_P5.1.0.393.zip
    09-10-12 09:25 PM
    guys need your help, 'bout restoring bbm groups.
    just finish updating to base 649/569 + 569/523 .sfi + RCB5 B
    found some trouble :
    - once, the BES activation show up again (why I try set email setting for the 1st time).
    - bbm groups didn't come back :
    try 3 ways :
    1. sator's way
    2. finish update os, pull batt 1st and then restore data
    3. through 3G (I left it over night but the groups won't come back).

bit confused here, whether this is software problem or network problem?

thanks for your help
    09-10-12 09:41 PM
    found some trouble :
    - once, the BES activation show up again (why I try set email setting for the 1st time).
    try 3 ways :
    1. sator's way

thanks for your help
    On BES I'd strongly advise always using Desktop to upgrade, with full backup and restore with the radio on. The groups can be a crap shoot. If they don't restore, have someone send you an invite to rejoin. Once in a great while doing a selective restore of groups will work, but not often.
    09-10-12 09:50 PM
    On BES I'd strongly advise always using Desktop to upgrade, with full backup and restore with the radio on. The groups can be a crap shoot. If they don't restore, have someone send you an invite to rejoin. Once in a great while doing a selective restore of groups will work, but not often.
    i don't use BES, but when i turn the signal ON for the first time, it suddenly pop up. already happen 2 twice, one with RC5A then another with RC5B.

bout the groups, already too often ask friends and business colleague to invite, feel bit uncomfortable. but if there's no other way.
    Last edited by will_chrome; 09-10-12 at 10:44 PM. Reason: bad grammar
    09-10-12 10:06 PM
    i don't use BES, but when i turn the signal ON for the first time, it suddenly pop up. already happen 2 twice, one with RC5A then another with RC5B.

bout the groups, already too often ask fiends and business colleague to invite, feel bit uncomfortable. but if there's no other way.
    I understand. I have a few of those in my groups too.
    deezy87 likes this.
    09-10-12 10:10 PM
    When you're backing up your device turn off all connections, and then proceed to back up. I started doing that and my groups and all that stuff would still be there after the restore. Try that in the future. Now as per it showing 'enterprise activation' I had that thing pop up too, but haven't seen it since then [which was a while back].
    BoldAlways and maxx71 like this.
    09-10-12 10:11 PM
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I honestly didn't even catch that, good eye!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-10-12 10:12 PM
    When you're backing up your device turn off all connections, and then proceed to back up. I started doing that and my groups and all that stuff would still be there after the restore. Try that in the future. Now as per it showing 'enterprise activation' I had that thing pop up too, but haven't seen it since then [which was a while back].
    i'll try that next time. glad i ain't the only one who got the BES pop up.

hahahahaha my mistake. i'm honored for your detailed and thorough in reading my
    post LoL

RC5 B + sator's patch = two thumbs up, the smoothness and browser speed. Salute
    Sator and BigBadWulf like this.
    09-10-12 10:43 PM
    found some trouble :
    try 3 ways :
    1. sator's way

thanks for your help

My method will not work if your ввм� data already corrupted/mess up. Next time when you're on BIS, use DM to back up your data (radio off n don't/never unplug the cable until you're finished), wipe your device, use apploader to install new OS/hybrid, after finish loading, use DM to do a selective restore, open up your ввм�(you'll see ALL/100% of your contact n ввм� group already there), unplug your cable, do a batt. Pull, turn on the radio...

If you prefer not to wipe your device, always use apploader instead off DM to install your new OS/hybrid, and you'll never have a problem with your ввм� contacts n groups. This is the method that most of hybriders use.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sator; 09-10-12 at 11:28 PM.
    09-10-12 11:19 PM
    One thing I would like to add also is do not touch BBM until you have completed your restore with wireless off. All will come back.

Some lame excuse I heard was "I needed to check the version of BBM" ... you don't need to do that by opening BBM you just go to app management for that.
    Sator and deezy87 like this.
    09-10-12 11:37 PM
    My method will not work if your ввм™ data already corrupted/mess up. Next time when you're on BIS, use DM to back up your data (radio off n don't/never unplug the cable until you're finished), wipe your device, use apploader to install new OS/hybrid, after finish loading, use DM to do a selective restore, open up your ввм™(you'll see ALL/100% of your contact n ввм™ group already there), unplug your cable, do a batt. Pull, turn on the radio...

If you prefer not to wipe your device, always use apploader instead off DM to install your new OS/hybrid, and you'll never have a problem with your ввм™ contacts n groups. This is the method that most of hybriders use.

ah, found my mistake then, I always backup using DM with my network ON. thanks for the advice.

One thing I would like to add also is do not touch BBM until you have completed your restore with wireless off. All will come back.

Some lame excuse I heard was "I needed to check the version of BBM" ... you don't need to do that by opening BBM you just go to app management for that.
    after updating OS, I always check BBM to see whether it still empty or already being automatically restored. because sometimes, even though I haven't restore data, contact list on BBM already appeared).

the weird thing I usually backup BBM via media card (for precaution), but sometimes I found another backup file in system (device memory), is it automatically backup during backup via DM?
    09-10-12 11:57 PM
    Installed RC5B last night. Everything is fine except for one thing. I have some websites (in Russian) that I am unable to read because it's just a bunch of symbols instead of letters. Seems like page encoding is missed. I added fonts and Russian input but it didn't help. Try allhockey.ru as a sample just to have an idea.

Any thoughts?
    09-11-12 01:06 AM
    ah, found my mistake then, I always backup using DM with my network ON. thanks for the advice.

after updating OS, I always check BBM to see whether it still empty or already being automatically restored. because sometimes, even though I haven't restore data, contact list on BBM already appeared).

It's automatic ввм� data restore from your back up in media card, so you don't need to worry/check, it will be overwriten when you restore your data using DM.

the weird thing I usually backup BBM via media card (for precaution), but sometimes I found another backup file in system (device memory), is it automatically backup during backup via DM?

You can choose back up locally or remotely in ввм� options, so the ввм� back up will be saved in your media card not in the device memory.

ifraser likes this.
    09-11-12 02:01 AM
    You can choose back up locally or remotely in ввм� options, so the ввм� back up will be saved in your media card not in the device memory.

done that, but still sometimes when i check in system, there are bbm backup.

hahha nevermind. i'll try zoc's and yours again next time updating new os.
    09-11-12 02:20 AM
    Installed RC5B last night. Everything is fine except for one thing. I have some websites (in Russian) that I am unable to read because it's just a bunch of symbols instead of letters. Seems like page encoding is missed. I added fonts and Russian input but it didn't help. Try allhockey.ru as a sample just to have an idea.

Any thoughts?
    you need russian resources also. Did you copy and paste this hybrid into a freshly installed base OS and shrink accordingly?
    09-11-12 02:39 AM
    you need russian resources also. Did you copy and paste this hybrid into a freshly installed base OS and shrink accordingly?
    That's exactly what I did. I used 569 firmware.
    09-11-12 03:08 AM
    i have several questions here..
    1) does 658 official os for 9810 have the autotext issue? will the RC5B solve this issue?
    2) i want to install RC5B in my 9810 but i'm confused what base OS is the best?
    .536 or .569 or .658 for 9810??

Thx before guys
    Last edited by zenspro; 09-11-12 at 03:32 AM. Reason: 9810 doesn't have .523
    09-11-12 03:30 AM
    That's exactly what I did. I used 569 firmware.
    Did you by mistake shrink russian resources or didn't tick it on install?

Under app management click on the blackberry logo and go on modules. And make sure the *_ru.cod s are there.
    09-11-12 03:41 AM
    You can choose back up locally or remotely in ввм™ options, so the ввм™ back up will be saved in your media card not in the device memory.

done that, but still sometimes when i check in system, there are bbm backup.

hahaha nevermind. i'll try zoc's and yours again next time updating new os.
    09-11-12 03:49 AM
    Did you by mistake shrink russian resources or didn't tick it on install?

Under app management click on the blackberry logo and go on modules. And make sure the *_ru.cod s are there.
    .ru cod's are all there. I know it because I was the one who added them. It's about 40-50 files. Right?
    09-11-12 03:57 AM
    There will be a lot. Miss one or two and that could stop it working
    09-11-12 04:11 AM
    Well, I do have the russian package that I use every time when there is no russian. And the other thing is that most of the russian websites are readable.
    09-11-12 04:19 AM
10,888 ... 107108109110111 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD