I'm doing what I usually do and get presented with 2 options, I chose replace with older...was that the way to go?
    09-09-12 05:15 PM
    WOW, the browser is crazy fast!!!
    I can't comment on battery life yet, i just installed the thing.

I am running on RC5B on .649/.658 with the .649 SFI.

I'm curious as to which SFI is better .523 or .649, .649 seems to run kind of warm, can someone please provide a link for JUST the .523 SFI? Where I'm living now, downloading takes forever!! Just for RC5B java files an hour!

But so far everything is really responsive, amazing signal, and the touch screen is very sensitive (good thing) and haven't noticed before with other OS's but this one the brightness changes really quick when in different conditions.

I've tried over 20 different hybrids, Barracuda's and Dupe's have been awesome but this RC5A/B has me changing my mind xD

Talk Time is 10 hours, not bad, but wish it were better =)
    I'll have an update later when I can comment on battery life but right now at 2G only, 6.88 %/hr and that's with me waking up at 11am the phone was done at 10pm.

One annoyance however is that the phone is charging very slow, and this started happening after I injected the browser patch (BTW whatever you did with those COD's, simply AMAZING).
    Sator likes this.
    09-09-12 05:33 PM
    I'm going to do a fresh install to see if that changes anything.
    A fresh install seems to have fixed the issue! Sorry for bothering both Zocs and Ian...
    09-09-12 05:41 PM
    WOW, the browser is crazy fast!!!
    I can't comment on battery life yet, i just installed the thing.

I am running on RC5B on .649/.658 with the .649 SFI.

I'm curious as to which SFI is better .523 or .649, .649 seems to run kind of warm, can someone please provide a link for JUST the .523 SFI? Where I'm living now, downloading takes forever!! Just for RC5B java files an hour!

But so far everything is really responsive, amazing signal, and the touch screen is very sensitive (good thing) and haven't noticed before with other OS's but this one the brightness changes really quick when in different conditions.

I've tried over 20 different hybrids, Barracuda's and Dupe's have been awesome but this RC5A/B has me changing my mind xD

Talk Time is 10 hours, not bad, but wish it were better =)
    I'll have an update later when I can comment on battery life but right now at 2G only, 6.88 %/hr and that's with me waking up at 11am the phone was done at 10pm.

One annoyance however is that the phone is charging very slow, and this started happening after I injected the browser patch (BTW whatever you did with those COD's, simply AMAZING).
    Remember to pull the battery 2 to 3 times a day at 6 hours apart for about 3-5 days. That should help it settle in and the difference will be night and day. As per charging, I haven't noticed it taking longer than usual.
    09-09-12 06:30 PM
    Just for sh!ts and giggles I've decided to use the Goku images in the first post of this thread, thought I'd share with you folks how it looks.
    09-09-12 06:58 PM
    I'm doing what I usually do and get presented with 2 options, I chose replace with older...was that the way to go?
    yes, choose the bottom / replace with older..bla3X
    deezy87 likes this.
    09-09-12 07:03 PM
    yes, choose the bottom / replace with older..bla3X
    Did that and all is well, thanks for the reply!
    fahar likes this.
    09-09-12 07:04 PM
    The 9900 download comes with .523 sfi so most of us use that as the base
    Hmm, I installed the rc5b over a .523 base, and I notice the sfi file is of different sizes. Is that even possible, since both are supposed to be the same version? Fyi the .532 base I used was a jAlllang. Will that make a difference?
    09-09-12 07:08 PM
    2Mi.key
    If you need Russian, you can either inject the cod's with bbsak or reinstall the os. I think you downloaded the full os while I would suggest you to download the java only. So download java and add it to the official os (I used the. 569). After that shrink the os and flash the device. Don't forget the browser patch. Good luck!
    I use 569 too, and yes I downloaded the full OS but I didn't use the downloaded folder. I copied all the files onto the original, FULL, 569 install folder, so everything that was there originally should technically still be there.

But anyways, I followed ifrasers advice and used apploader to install whatever was missing and all is well now!
    Last edited by Mi.key; 09-10-12 at 01:32 AM.
    09-09-12 07:09 PM
    If you want a big improvement; use .523 sfi and the browser patch, .569 sfi is good but .523 is better, more responsive and cooler...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Gotta agree with this ... 100%

the browser's crazy dude ... .. thx for the files
    09-09-12 09:08 PM
    Gotta agree with this ... 100%

the browser's crazy dude ... .. thx for the files

Your welcome...

09-09-12 09:11 PM
    Hmm, I installed the rc5b over a .523 base, and I notice the sfi file is of different sizes. Is that even possible, since both are supposed to be the same version? Fyi the .532 base I used was a jAlllang. Will that make a difference?

RC5B comes with Multilang 523 sfi file (smaller), your base comes with Jalllang 523 sfi (bigger size due to more languages files)), I find smaller sfi(multi or asialang) runs better than Jalllang or alllang...

hyperscorpic likes this.
    09-09-12 09:22 PM
    Off to bed for this guy, have a long day tomorrow. I'll be sure to beat the crap out of the phone until it settles, will give feedback as soon as I step into the office.
    09-09-12 09:24 PM
    can use RC5B for my 9700 ?
    need advise
    09-09-12 10:38 PM
    can use RC5B for my 9700 ?
    need advise
    No you can't, the RC5B is strictly for OS7 devices only
    ifraser likes this.
    09-09-12 10:47 PM
    Anyways, oh my! What did I miss? Been away for about 3 days and there's this and that?! Seems like my Bold are way far behind from you guys
    09-09-12 10:48 PM
    Hmm...been using RC5b for 1 day, and the battery drain rate is crazy. 10 - 11%/hr. Is that normal? This is definitely higher than my previous OS (7.1.0.4++).
    Im using .523 base but with the sfi replaced with the one that came with rc5b.
    But on the plus side, RC5b is REALLY snappy and fast! Good job on the awesome work!
    09-10-12 12:44 AM
    Hmm...been using RC5b for 1 day, and the battery drain rate is crazy. 10 - 11%/hr. Is that normal? This is definitely higher than my previous OS (7.1.0.4++).
    Im using .523 base but with the sfi replaced with the one that came with rc5b.
    But on the plus side, RC5b is REALLY snappy and fast! Good job on the awesome work!
    Yes, it is normal due to settle-ing progress. Give it a couple of battery pulls 2 days ahead and the ADR/MDR will be better i suppose and hope if not, you can always go back whats best for your device tho
    ifraser likes this.
    09-10-12 12:59 AM
    I'm still on rc3 with .523 seems to suit me well but wondering, is your browser patch for rc5b ?

also wondered is there any patch that would allow me to use hotspot without a carrier plan (my carrier doesn't offer one!)

Regards

Damian
    09-10-12 01:26 AM
    Yes, it is normal due to settle-ing progress. Give it a couple of battery pulls 2 days ahead and the ADR/MDR will be better i suppose and hope if not, you can always go back whats best for your device tho
    Hmm ok. Hope the drain rate goes down soon. I was concerned because I read that some people using RC4 was getting 1-2% drain rates after fresh install, which is very impressive. So I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my install.
    One weird fact was that I had to install RC5b twice (both after a wipe), as something went wrong with the first install. The phone would reboot for no reason, especially when I try to plug in the usb to connect to the computer. What's more interesting is that I was unable to boot up the phone using the OEM battery, but I had no issues with the gold battery.
    After the second clean install, I was still facing the rebooting issue, but it seems to have died away now. Hopfully this doesnt come back again, and that the drain rate will drop soon! Can't wait for long battery life with my bb!!!
    09-10-12 01:31 AM
    I'm still on rc3 with .523 seems to suit me well but wondering, is your browser patch for rc5b ?

also wondered is there any patch that would allow me to use hotspot without a carrier plan (my carrier doesn't offer one!)

Regards

Damian

IMO...RC3 is also good, You can stick to RC3 which suit you well or you can try RC5B which has more higher OS cods., if you don't like it then you can still get back to RC3. The patch is for RC5B only.

I don't have patch for hotspot without a carrier plan.

ifraser likes this.
    09-10-12 02:17 AM
    Thanks Sator for fielding a few of the questions overnight, thats me slept and back to work
    Sator likes this.
    09-10-12 02:38 AM
    Hmm ok. Hope the drain rate goes down soon. I was concerned because I read that some people using RC4 was getting 1-2% drain rates after fresh install, which is very impressive. So I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my install.
    One weird fact was that I had to install RC5b twice (both after a wipe), as something went wrong with the first install. The phone would reboot for no reason, especially when I try to plug in the usb to connect to the computer. What's more interesting is that I was unable to boot up the phone using the OEM battery, but I had no issues with the gold battery.
    After the second clean install, I was still facing the rebooting issue, but it seems to have died away now. Hopfully this doesnt come back again, and that the drain rate will drop soon! Can't wait for long battery life with my bb!!!
    Well, actually after a fresh install, your ADR will obviously low, as me for IMO. Because the device is not yet settled in. Once the device is settle-ing in, that time your ADR/MDR will get high! And then, when your device is already settled in, thats the time you can see your actual adr and mdr goes. Ignore the 'earlier install' adr and mdr. That is how i do and the real deal actually, correct me if im wrong
    ifraser likes this.
    09-10-12 02:39 AM
    Thanks Sator for fielding a few of the questions overnight, thats me slept and back to work

No problem ϐƦαϑm;eƦ....,that's what this forums are for...to help each other...

ifraser likes this.
    09-10-12 03:34 AM
    Remember to pull the battery 2 to 3 times a day at 6 hours apart for about 3-5 days. That should help it settle in and the difference will be night and day. As per charging, I haven't noticed it taking longer than usual.

I kind of know that, as I said I can't comment on battery just yet. Anyways, can someone please upload .523 SFI!! =D
    09-10-12 03:52 AM
10,888 ... 103104105106107 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD