I think .523 runs cooler, but .569 is a tad bit better as per performance (that's just me though).

Edit - This is like day 2 with RC5B, and as promised I'll give feedback. With the browser patched, this thing seems to be like an unstoppable OS....with that being said, I can't fathom how there next builds will be outperforming this?! That kind of thinking is going to make my head explode lol hahahahaha. So here is a screenshot of the speed test I did, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for the details, what are you using for the browser speed tests? I wouldnt mind testing mine from here.
    09-09-12 11:33 AM
    ifraser, from your BlackBerry's browser simply go to Mobile Speed Test

Check your private messages, won't you?
    09-09-12 11:36 AM
    ifraser, from your BlackBerry's browser simply go to Mobile Speed Test

Check your private messages, won't you?
    lol...cheers for that, it takes 30mins for the site to tell me about PM`s sometimes..
    09-09-12 11:38 AM
    wow lol hahahahahaha, oh well
    09-09-12 11:39 AM
    I think .523 runs cooler, but .569 is a tad bit better as per performance (that's just me though).

That's good if .569 sfi works better for your network.

Edit - This is like day 2 with RC5B, and as promised I'll give feedback. With the browser patched, this thing seems to be like an unstoppable OS....with that being said, I can't fathom how there next builds will be outperforming this?! That kind of thinking is going to make my head explode lol hahahahaha. So here is a screenshot of the speed test I did, let me know what you guys think.

You bet...hehehehe

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-09-12 11:42 AM
    Oh jeez this is going to make you folks laugh...I just actually took in the numbers of the speed test and went, what the fudge!? Those are beast mode numbers!

Kind of had a wake and bake, so please don't mind me.
    09-09-12 11:43 AM
    The 9900 download comes with .523 sfi so most of us use that as the base, however it is up to yourself what one you want to install first. You replace most of the files with the archive anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------

What I did: Installed a .569 on the PC, replaced the Java files, loaded from the Loader.exe, removed/unchecked the unwanted apps, fonts etc, finally installed.
    Full wipe??? I am not sure what you mean whit this and how to do it. But I have written what I actually did.

Apploader does a backup but doesnt wipe the phone fully, it just removes the app java from the phone, you would be better using bbsak or BBH-tool to wipe before a load but remember to do a manual backup of your data using DM 1st.
    Thank you for your reply. One more question - may I make a security wipe from the phone or would I use bbsak or BBH tool?! Is it the same?
    09-09-12 11:46 AM
    No, all a security wipe does is wipe the user data, you will need to use one of the apps to do an os wipe.

Hope that makes a good improvement.
    09-09-12 11:51 AM
    Already 12 hours since I've installed at 9790 : RC5B with base os 569 and sfi 523 + Browser Patch

so far performance all goes with smooth

Thanks to BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid Team
    ifraser likes this.
    09-09-12 12:37 PM
    iya

fast and smooth performance so far, minimal battery drain and a super extra awesome fast browser!!! where did that come from? i love it

thanks zoc, ian and bl team
    Sator likes this.
    09-09-12 12:59 PM
    Sharma what did you use for the speed test?
    09-09-12 01:35 PM
    Have a look at the link in his reply to me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    deezy87 likes this.
    09-09-12 01:50 PM
    No, all a security wipe does is wipe the user data, you will need to use one of the apps to do an os wipe.

Hope that makes a good improvement.
    Hi! After doing full wipe using BBSAK and installing the OS I can start testing. The browser doesn't seem to be faster BUT I haven't good signal at home (my provider Eplus in Germany is the worst one regarding the internet) and I must test this outside. I've pasted/replaced the Browser patch files into the Java folder before installing the OS. That was said somewhere in the thread =).
    I hope I will see better battery life especially using 9360.
    Cheers!
    09-09-12 01:58 PM
    Cheers Ian
    ifraser likes this.
    09-09-12 02:00 PM
    I did a java swap on my little brother's baby bold 9790, and shrunk that thing to 87.30MB...that got me thinking that I should load the java only and free up some space! The install is just about done, and I also did the browser patch! I shrunk this bad boy down to 80.68MB
    Last edited by sharma0702; 09-09-12 at 02:27 PM.
    ifraser likes this.
    09-09-12 02:24 PM
    Well almost at the end of day 1 on RC5B with .523sfi. 12 hours since it came off the charger, 2 battery pulls and have %51 battery remaining and memory loss of .5mb Avg battery rate of %3.4 according BDA
    Lots of browsing, FB, twitter and foursquare. Heavy BBM, uploading and downloading large files, over 10mb in size. Some sms and email. No calls.
    Running very smooth, browser, as always been, very fast.
    A big thanks to everyone involved
    ifraser likes this.
    09-09-12 02:35 PM
    Oh sh!t, I'd like to thank Ian for piquing my interest in loading the java this time around lol. Boot time is INSANELY faster than what I have been doing with straight full OS...pretty cool. You learn something new everyday
    ifraser likes this.
    09-09-12 03:01 PM
    Hmm...just noticed that Meterberry doesnt show up once enabled on status bar. It is usually under Beweather but now its just an icon on the status bar....anyone know how to fix this?

Edit - nevermind, got a hold of Ian, he recommended a long battery pull....and to no avail
    Last edited by sharma0702; 09-09-12 at 04:02 PM.
    ifraser likes this.
    09-09-12 03:50 PM
    Any news on this for OS6?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    09-09-12 03:58 PM
    OS6. I was asking the rest of team last night. It is better than before but still not in a state we could say was worth releasing without issues.

We haven't forgotten about you don't worry.

09-09-12 04:01 PM
    I'm going to do a fresh install to see if that changes anything.
    ifraser likes this.
    09-09-12 04:14 PM
    Ok, I am sure you can browse for apps, if not then you can do it with BBH tool.

I would try running apploader from the directory. It should prompt you with the select/deselect for the apps.

BBH didn't work too well, but App Loader did. Have everything I need. Thanks!!!

Donated, please keep up the phenomenal work guys!
    Last edited by Mi.key; 09-09-12 at 04:26 PM.
    ifraser and zocster like this.
    09-09-12 04:23 PM
    please this is my 3rd post without a reply

a really want to know any news about OS6 becuase i am stuck with the beta ultimate hybird with so many problems i used BL from 4 to 6 and they are amazing
    hope the master of the hybirds have a good news of OS6
    right zoc
    09-09-12 04:50 PM
    please this is my 3rd post without a reply

a really want to know any news about OS6 becuase i am stuck with the beta ultimate hybird with so many problems i used BL from 4 to 6 and they are amazing
    hope the master of the hybirds have a good news of OS6
    right zoc

Hi, I am sorry you feel like you are missing out but if you read just 4 or 5 posts back i replied to someone who asked the same question about OS6.

Be Patient rather than getting an OS you arent happy with. We would rather give you some thing you will brag about rather than
    moan about.
    Last edited by ifraser; 09-09-12 at 04:56 PM.
    09-09-12 04:53 PM
    thx for the reply

cant wait hope that it is going to be here very soon
    ifraser likes this.
    09-09-12 04:55 PM
10,888 ... 102103104105106 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD