The sfi is the main file that is device specific so unfortunately a full reload of the OS is the only way to change this.

The cod files are essentially app and can be replaced onto the device as needed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    Thanks Ian.
    Need that someone point me the "options" cods, that menu and submenus are in english only...
    09-09-12 09:27 AM
    but witch is the one from UMTS? on RC5B, is this RC5B the final one or is it still on beta testing? and whats the browser patc, and do i have to do something about it or its done by it self. thx

The UMTS directory usually only has 1 file in it. And it has an sfi extension.

As you possibly have not been following the thread for long the RC* A (alpha) versions have been used to test the mixtures. Then the release ones have become Beta. So that is pretty much the full version until a new OS appears for the handsets as we need a newer sfi to test soon.

At that point we will possibly move onto RC6 versions.

Please Enjoy the offerings, follow the instructions and it should make your. Handset feel like a different phone.

09-09-12 09:38 AM
    The UMTS directory usually only has 1 file in it. And it has an sfi extension.

As you possibly have not been following the thread for long the RC* A (alpha) versions have been used to test the mixtures. Then the release ones have become Beta. So that is pretty much the full version until a new OS appears for the handsets as we need a newer sfi to test soon.

At that point we will possibly move onto RC6 versions.

Please Enjoy the offerings, follow the instructions and it should make your. Handset feel like a different phone.

thx for your help, whats the browser patch do i have to do someting??, ok so i replace the umts file into the base right?
    09-09-12 09:40 AM
    thx for your help, whats the browser patch do i have to do someting??, ok so i replace the umts file into the base right?
    Browser patch can be added into the java directory before a Load or Push the OS onto your device using BBsak or BBH-Tool:

All the Links for the current OS:

***********************RC5 BETA Release***********************

Link Below are Java only for Most OS 7 devices and 9900 Full OS:

Java Only

9900 Download

Browser Patch

We have removed meterberry but still included the Beta Facebook and Twitter Apps.

Usual Instructions, install and enjoy.
    maty360414 and wesside_paki like this.
    09-09-12 09:46 AM
    Mi.key, you might have deselected it during the load. I did the same thing with password keeper....TWICE! If that is not what happened, I'm not too sure as to what the issue might be.
    Don't remember it asking me, I wiped device with bbsak. And loaded with DM. Maybe I wasn't supposed to use DM?
    09-09-12 09:47 AM
    Weird because I have emails appearing in the general messages folder but don't have the 2 icons for individual accounts as I did before. Also missing BBmaps. Any idea what I did wrong?
    09-09-12 09:51 AM
    Browser patch can be added into the java directory before a Load or Push the OS onto your device using BBsak or BBH-Tool:

All the Links for the current OS:

***********************RC5 BETA Release***********************

Link Below are Java only for Most OS 7 devices and 9900 Full OS:

Java Only

9900 Download

Browser Patch

We have removed meterberry but still included the Beta Facebook and Twitter Apps.

Usual Instructions, install and enjoy.
    sorry for asking so much, the browser patch is obligatory?
    09-09-12 09:52 AM
    DM doesn't let you deselect the apps so you should really have used apploader I am afraid.

Odd that maps is missing as it isn't shrank out. You could re-add it using DM though.

As for the Browser patch it isn't obligatory but it is good.

Last edited by ifraser; 09-09-12 at 09:55 AM.
    09-09-12 09:53 AM
    Ifraser, DM only lists what's on the phone already and doesn't let me add anything the way it would with a regular OS
    09-09-12 09:58 AM
    Ifraser, DM only lists what's on the phone already and doesn't let me add anything the way it would with a regular OS

Ok, I am sure you can browse for apps, if not then you can do it with BBH tool.

I would try running apploader from the directory. It should prompt you with the select/deselect for the apps.

09-09-12 10:01 AM
    iFraser,

I am a user of blackberry 9790 on .523 OS, i am currently on RC5A, i have previously tested RC2 and RC3 on blackberry 9790, but to my surprise (and yours i hope) i am getting 16% ADR , which is horrible. I have allowed to settle it for 4 days now with battery pulls and full charge over night. Please sir, do help me out. I am quiet annoyed by the whole fast battery depleting fiasco.

Sorry for the bad English.

BBPIN: 29B6C873
    09-09-12 10:05 AM
    iFraser,

I am a user of blackberry 9790 on .523 OS, i am currently on RC5A, i have previously tested RC2 and RC3 on blackberry 9790, but to my surprise (and yours i hope) i am getting 16% ADR , which is horrible. I have allowed to settle it for 4 days now with battery pulls and full charge over night. Please sir, do help me out. I am quiet annoyed by the whole fast battery depleting fiasco.

BBPIN: 29B6C873
    do you set network 3G only? how about your daily usage, heavy or light?

there's possibility that 523 sfi doesn't match with your network, try newest official os above 523.
    09-09-12 10:27 AM
    Hi guys! Just to be sure. I have replaced the Java files from the RC5B folder. That's all for the non 9900 users?!?! I am asking because I can't see any big improvement. My Curve 9360's been working good but if better hard to say. I could wright more about the battery life after some days of testing.
    Just wanted to check!
    09-09-12 10:30 AM
    iFraser,

BBPIN: *********
    Hope I answered your questions in the PM, try that mix.

Also you might want to remove your PIN from the post here
    09-09-12 10:32 AM
    do you set network 3G only? how about your daily usage, heavy or light?

there's possibility that 523 sfi doesn't match with your network, try newest official os above 523.

I have recommended trying .569 with RC5B mix

We will see how that goes.
    dindin likes this.
    09-09-12 10:33 AM
    2Mi.key
    If you need Russian, you can either inject the cod's with bbsak or reinstall the os. I think you downloaded the full os while I would suggest you to download the java only. So download java and add it to the official os (I used the. 569). After that shrink the os and flash the device. Don't forget the browser patch. Good luck!
    09-09-12 10:34 AM
    Hi guys! Just to be sure. I have replaced the Java files from the RC5B folder. That's all for the non 9900 users?!?! I am asking because I can't see any big improvement. My Curve 9360's been working good but if better hard to say. I could wright more about the battery life after some days of testing.
    Just wanted to check!
    Did you do a shrink before loading it to remove any unwanted apps, fonts etc?

And did you also do a full wipe before loading? Or just load using Desktop Manager.

If you havent had it on for that long it will take a couple of days before you see a huge benefit.
    09-09-12 10:34 AM
    Did you do a shrink before loading it to remove any unwanted apps, fonts etc?

And did you also do a full wipe before loading? Or just load using Desktop Manager.

If you havent had it on for that long it will take a couple of days before you see a huge benefit.
    What I did: Installed a .569 on the PC, replaced the Java files, loaded from the Loader.exe, removed/unchecked the unwanted apps, fonts etc, finally installed.
    Full wipe??? I am not sure what you mean whit this and how to do it. But I have written what I actually did.
    09-09-12 10:55 AM
    I have recommended trying .569 with RC5B mix

We will see how that goes.

hello again! how exactly do i do this?

i also have a 9790 and i'm already on .569. already downloaded and transferred the java files from the RC5B to the 569 update folder... am i still on the right track here?

now the desktop software can't detect any available upgrade...

by the way, i've deleted the vendor file... just one. i found only one.

help!
    09-09-12 10:57 AM
    im using the bold 9790 and RC5B but IV found out that using the base OS 7.1.0.649 makes a huge improvement then using the base 523 or 569

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    ifraser likes this.
    09-09-12 11:13 AM
    What I did: Installed a .569 on the PC, replaced the Java files, loaded from the Loader.exe, removed/unchecked the unwanted apps, fonts etc, finally installed.

Full wipe??? I am not sure what you mean whit this and how to do it. But I have written what I actually did.

If you want a big improvement; use .523 sfi and the browser patch, .569 sfi is good but .523 is better, more responsive and cooler...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-09-12 11:20 AM
    I think .523 runs cooler, but .569 is a tad bit better as per performance (that's just me though).

Edit - This is like day 2 with RC5B, and as promised I'll give feedback. With the browser patched, this thing seems to be like an unstoppable OS....with that being said, I can't fathom how there next builds will be outperforming this?! That kind of thinking is going to make my head explode lol hahahahaha. So here is a screenshot of the speed test I did, let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by sharma0702; 09-09-12 at 11:30 AM.
    09-09-12 11:22 AM
    Hi ifraser,

What is recommend base OS for 9900 with RC5B?

Thanks

09-09-12 11:22 AM
    Hi ifraser,

Thanks

The 9900 download comes with .523 sfi so most of us use that as the base, however it is up to yourself what one you want to install first. You replace most of the files with the archive anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------

Apploader does a backup but doesnt wipe the phone fully, it just removes the app java from the phone, you would be better using bbsak or BBH-tool to wipe before a load but remember to do a manual backup of your data using DM 1st.
    Last edited by ifraser; 09-09-12 at 11:37 AM.
    09-09-12 11:31 AM
    Hi ifraser,

Thanks

No offence, but it has been covered, I'll let you in on it anyways...You can use which ever OS be it .523 or higher as a base that has worked the best for you. Now if .569 worked better than .523 you'd use the .569 as your base.
    ifraser likes this.
    09-09-12 11:32 AM
10,888 ... 101102103104105 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD