ifraser/zocster, thanks so much for your efforts. You should be working for Rim considering how good your hybrids are. Keep up the great work! Do you accept donations?
    There is a donate link on the first page

Edit: the donate image link is broken.... Its showing a red X for me. Click the red X just under where it says 'will return when holidays are over' to donate

Will return when the holidays are over.

Last edited by Big_Ern; 09-08-12 at 08:44 PM.
    09-08-12 08:35 PM
    ifraser/zocster, thanks so much for your efforts. You should be working for Rim considering how good your hybrids are. Keep up the great work! Do you accept donations?

Question: any way I can get the Russian language? I just installed .569 base + RC5B + Dakota alx + RC5B browser patch and it doesn't have the option, but it rally helps when texting my parents. Or is there a way I can get it myself?
    What you should have done instead of deleting the base 569, is to copy and paste the files over from Java, UMTS and alx.

then you can shrink out everything else you don't need BUT Russian support.

Then you can load.

Other than that, post 1 updated with RC5B with fixed browser patch.
    Sator likes this.
    09-08-12 08:43 PM
    Zocs: update your donate img link in the first post too
    09-08-12 08:46 PM
    Zocs: update your donate img link in the first post too
    Thanks for the donation btw, and yes, is it workie for you now?
    09-08-12 08:46 PM
    Thanks for the donation btw, and yes, is it workie for you now?
    You're very welcome! Thank you for all the time & effort you put into these awesome hybrids
    And yes, the donate image is showing now
    09-08-12 08:51 PM
    Couple of pages back. At the top. It it was one of the other guys that posted it for Zoc.

Just as well I uploaded it earlier.

Use BBH-tool or BBsak to push install the cods onto your handset:

Or if you really want to extract to the java directory and reload go for it. Lol

RC5B_Browser_patch.rar

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    Oh...my...god! This patch made a difference of night and day!
    I thought the browser was fast before, now its hitting 7 gram rocks with Charlie Sheen It is that darn fast, unbelievable! You guys killed it with this one, that's for sure!
    Sator likes this.
    09-08-12 09:17 PM
    Running rc5b base 569,523 sfi,it's funtastic ! Batt life and mem drain is g8...next project while waiting new os leaked,will using full base 569 and rc5b java hybrid....
    Thanks to everybody who's working hard to make this g8 hybrid
    Sator likes this.
    09-08-12 09:29 PM
    Oh...my...god! This patch made a difference of night and day!

I thought the browser was fast before, now its hitting 7 gram rocks with Charlie Sheen It is that darn fast, unbelievable! You guys killed it with this one, that's for sure!

RC5B is the best RC by far, very fast, and good batt. Life..

By Zocster's team

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sator; 09-08-12 at 10:30 PM.
    09-08-12 10:07 PM
    What you should have done instead of deleting the base 569, is to copy and paste the files over from Java, UMTS and alx.
    That is exactly what I did, copy the files over with out deleting anything.

Also, I'm missing email. And when it says "No email found, will take you to setup wizard..." nothing happens. Any ideas on what I did wrong?
    09-08-12 11:09 PM
    Mi.key, you might have deselected it during the load. I did the same thing with password keeper....TWICE! If that is not what happened, I'm not too sure as to what the issue might be.
    09-08-12 11:11 PM
    I loaded the browser patch on rc5a2.. My browser has become so nonresponsive :'(
    09-08-12 11:28 PM
    No issues with me, loaded it with no issues, and like I said...this thing is on anabolic steroids lol
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-08-12 11:32 PM
    I loaded the browser patch on rc5a2.. My browser has become so nonresponsive :'(
    Load RC5B that Ian posted in the first post (beside browser patch, there is also some changes between RC5A2 n RC5B) and use .523 SFI. And you'll be fine.
    Last edited by Sator; 09-09-12 at 12:03 AM.
    09-08-12 11:54 PM

Did you do a batt pull after it rebooted?

And what sfi do you use

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    09-09-12 12:49 AM
    Did you do a batt pull after it rebooted?

And what sfi do you use

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us

Yess.. I did a battery pull... .658 sfi
    09-09-12 12:50 AM
    Yess.. I did a battery pull... .658 sfi

Oh Ok., so you're using 9810, personally I haven't tested yet RC5B with .658 SFI, since this is for 9900. What you can do is back to RC5A2 which works for you or you can try soft reset(not batt pull/hard reset), wait until your  updates all your data, n open up yg browser n try to browse, if it doesn''t work, try another soft reset. If It's still doesn't work then you have to use RC5A2. It's usually caused by TCP option errors (you can take a look at your event log).

09-09-12 03:31 AM
    im using 9810. as what i have read the above post this will not work with .658 platform from Orange Dominicana? I just installed it yesterday.

thanks..
    09-09-12 04:54 AM
    im using 9810. as what i have read the above post this will not work with .658 platform from Orange Dominicana? I just installed it yesterday.

thanks..

If I were you, I will try RC5B since it's very good, after you install this hybrid always do soft reset (SOFT ware reset) instead of hard reset (HARD ware reset), you can use meter berry or other apps, soft reset will keep your TCP IP settings. If this RC5B doesn't work for your 9810, you can still go back to straight OS .658.

radi33idar likes this.
    09-09-12 05:21 AM
    One question... For example, .649 PT-PT resources work all with this build?
    09-09-12 06:06 AM
    Quick question: How do I load a different sfi file? I know for COD files, I can use BBSAK, but I don't know what to do to load sfi files. Do I run app loader and re-upload the whole OS?
    09-09-12 09:01 AM
    Quick question: How do I load a different sfi file? I know for COD files, I can use BBSAK, but I don't know what to do to load sfi files. Do I run app loader and re-upload the whole OS?

Yes, you have to re-upload/install the whole OS if you wanna change the SFI file.

hyperscorpic likes this.
    09-09-12 09:10 AM
    The sfi is the main file that is device specific so unfortunately a full reload of the OS is the only way to change this.

The cod files are essentially app and can be replaced onto the device as needed.

09-09-12 09:15 AM
    which base do i need for the RC5B? and the sfi which module is it? like .649......
    09-09-12 09:17 AM
    The base os is really up to your personal choice, we are still recommending .523 due to the radio file being better.

But som have been using .569 with good results.

The radio (sfi) file is in the UMTS directory. There should only be one file
    In there and it is device specific.

deezy87 likes this.
    09-09-12 09:20 AM
    The base os is really up to your personal choice, we are still recommending .523 due to the radio file being better.

But som have been using .569 with good results.

The radio (sfi) file is in the UMTS directory. There should only be one file
    In there and it is device specific.

but witch is the one from UMTS? on RC5B, is this RC5B the final one or is it still on beta testing? and whats the browser patc, and do i have to do something about it or its done by it self. thx
    09-09-12 09:27 AM
10,888 ... 100101102103104 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD