hello, i have downloaded my base OS (.649), deleted files and replaced with rc5b.. all ready to go.. deleted vendor.. BUT everytime i try to update through DM/loader, it says the hand held app thingie has stopped working and need to close the program.. what do i do?
    09-08-12 05:04 PM
    hello, i have downloaded my base OS (.649), deleted files and replaced with rc5b.. all ready to go.. deleted vendor.. BUT everytime i try to update through DM/loader, it says the hand held app thingie has stopped working and need to close the program.. what do i do?
    try removing all os installed on your computer then reinstalling your base os
    ria__x likes this.
    09-08-12 05:27 PM
    try removing all os installed on your computer then reinstalling your base os
    thankyou, i did that first before installing os on computer so i don't think its that, gonna reinstall dm like ifraser said looks like theirs a later one than the on i have anyway
    09-08-12 05:36 PM
    thankyou, i did that first before installing os on computer so i don't think its that, gonna reinstall dm like ifraser said looks like theirs a later one than the on i have anyway
    There are now 2 vendor files. I never bother remembering where the 2nd one is as I always shrink with BBHTools and that process removes vendor files. BBHTools also now has a button (bottom left corner on latest version) to remove vendor files if you don't want to shrink but want to remove them.
    ria__x likes this.
    09-08-12 05:48 PM
    just loaded RC5 Beta!
    09-08-12 05:51 PM
    There are now 2 vendor files. I never bother remembering where the 2nd one is as I always shrink with BBHTools and that process removes vendor files. BBHTools also now has a button (bottom left corner on latest version) to remove vendor files if you don't want to shrink but want to remove them.
    ahh yeah i use bbhtool too, does button delete both the vendors or just the one?
    09-08-12 05:52 PM
    Ria, look for a program called Vendelete+ it gets rid of any RIM vendor files.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900, Powered by BerryLicio.us Ultimate 7.1 hybrid, using CrackBerry Forums app!
    09-08-12 06:02 PM
    i tried all suggestions in desperation and none of them have worked! here's the message i keep getting..

09-08-12 06:02 PM
    Ria, I can't find you on my BBM lol the fancy letters don't help in trying to find you either lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900, Powered by BerryLicio.us Ultimate 7.1 hybrid, using CrackBerry Forums app!
    09-08-12 06:06 PM
    Ria, I can't find you on my BBM lol the fancy letters don't help in trying to find you either lol

hey, it's ok, i am updating now, your suggestion of vendelete worked! thankyou must've had one floating around my system.. lol!
    ifraser likes this.
    09-08-12 06:08 PM
    Well, there ya go! Yay! Hit me up once you're good to go.

ria__x likes this.
    09-08-12 06:09 PM
    Good One guys, I didnt suggest that since you have installed the hybrid before Ria,

And an app crash didnt sound like a vendor file issue...lol

Glad you got it sorted.
    ria__x likes this.
    09-08-12 06:13 PM
    can i use rom 7.0.0.583 for 9810? Rom 7.1 don't have multi choice in network, it has only H+ Network
    09-08-12 06:29 PM
    can i use rom 7.0.0.583 for 9810? Rom 7.1 don't have multi choice in network, it has only H+ Network
    No, you can't... OS7.0/7.1 Java and radio files are not compatible.
    09-08-12 06:37 PM
    God that was quick phill but thanks for the answer.

Nooooo.....would have been our answer too, for the latest Hybrid you need at least 7.1.0.523 for it to be guaranteed to work.

This should also be compatible with H+ as that is a network option.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    09-08-12 06:41 PM
    Zoc, I just arrived at my house, as I promised you, attached below RC5B browser patch. Anybody who has already installed RC5B, you can use BBH Tool/BBSAK/BBBOSS to inject this 5 cods. (do one more battery pull afterward), and If you haven't installed RC5B, just copy this 5 cods and paste them into the RC5B Java folder. This patch will give you a better browsing performance (responsive, smoother and faster in rendering/loading pictures/page).

IMO...RC5B is the best RC by far....enjoy you guys!

It's time for me to sleep. it's 1:11 AM
    Thanks for the patch.
    Makes browsing a whole lot different ballgame
    09-08-12 06:48 PM
    The browser goes HAM! I can say with like 7 hours of loading so far it has been smooth, and it will continue to get smoother as it settles! Great job on this RC, it kicks some serious @$$

09-08-12 06:57 PM
    HAM= oink!!! Lol

Did you use the browser patch....even I have to admit the difference is amazing.

I had a lot of checkerboarding before I changed it but after its great.

09-08-12 07:01 PM
    Where is this patch you speak of? :O and how would I patch the browser, I'm a noob when it comes to that.

09-08-12 07:04 PM
    Couple of pages back. At the top. It it was one of the other guys that posted it for Zoc.

Just as well I uploaded it earlier.

Use BBH-tool or BBsak to push install the cods onto your handset:

Or if you really want to extract to the java directory and reload go for it. Lol

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u5zes6...wser_patch.rar

Sator and deezy87 like this.
    09-08-12 07:13 PM
    Rom 7.1 doesn't have multi choice in network mode, it has only H+ Network! do u know to fix it with rom 7.1?
    And what is the best base rom for 9810? I've had 9810. help me please!
    Last edited by henxui25; 09-08-12 at 07:35 PM.
    09-08-12 07:26 PM
    Thanks Ian! You're the man, I'm at my cousin's house. I'll load the cods when I get home.

09-08-12 07:28 PM
    Rom 7.1 doesn't have multi choice in network mode, it has only H+ Network! do u know to fix it with rom 7.1?
    And what is the best base rom for 9810? I've had 9810. help me please!

This is a hard one then. I had a discussion with someone about this last night funnily enough.

The H+ is just HSDPA so if 7.1 supports it I would stick woth it. After you install the hybrid you should really have to change from H+

I would leave your OS as the highest you can and enjoy it.

henxui25 likes this.
    09-08-12 07:42 PM
    This is a hard one then. I had a discussion with someone about this last night funnily enough.
    The H+ is just HSDPA so if 7.1 supports it I would stick woth it. After you install the hybrid you should really have to change from H+
    I would leave your OS as the highest you can and enjoy it.
    When i choose H+, my batt drain so much base 658, hybrid Rc5A) => do u know what is the best base rom 4 9810?
    09-08-12 07:58 PM
    ifraser/zocster, thanks so much for your efforts. You should be working for Rim considering how good your hybrids are. Keep up the great work! Do you accept donations?

Question: any way I can get the Russian language? I just installed .569 base + RC5B + Dakota alx + RC5B browser patch and it doesn't have the option, but it rally helps when texting my parents. Or is there a way I can get it myself?
    09-08-12 08:32 PM
10,888 ... 99100101102103 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD