Ok!
    Everything looks good now. You are talking about very fast booting time. My device doesn't look booting faster. I would say it takes the same. The browser is also not faster. Maybe it is because I'm using 9360. At non 9900 devices one has to replace the only the java files...The OS is .658
    Last edited by boreas21; 09-08-12 at 10:02 AM.
    09-08-12 09:57 AM
    Ok!
    Everything looks good now. You are talking about very fast booting time. My device doesn't look booting faster. I would say it takes the same. The browser is also not faster. Maybe it is because I'm using 9360. At non 9900 devices one has to replace the only the java files...The OS is .569
    Give it time to settle and do the cycle of battery pulls.

Zocs advises one following reinstall of apps followed by one on day of install prior to going to bed with an overnight full charge, then 2 more on day one and day two after install.
    maxx71 and piziyu2005 like this.
    09-08-12 10:02 AM
    Must say RC5B is very, very zippy woop woop. Just finished installing it, and my many apps...again lol
    On a brighter note a friend has just finished his 2 day marathon run, 78 miles, through Death Valley, yesterday was 117 F !!!!!!! insane. He ran across America last year, West to East, in 100 days. Next year he is running across Australia, again West to East. Google Run Geordie Run, fascinating Blog.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-08-12 10:48 AM
    RC5 beta

Full OS 9900 rc5b-9900M_v7.1.0.523_P5.1.0.393.zip

This has no meterberry or QL but still have beta apps.

Java only, use 523 in most cases, multi Sfi not the jAsia ones. RC5BJava.zip

Oh, had a late night craving for BK which gave me energy!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    just finish loading this baby, try use 649 .sfi. will let you know what happens in a day or two
    09-08-12 10:59 AM
    what i did was over right the Java in 649 folder with the hybrid then install with desktop manger is that the right way to install it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    ifraser likes this.
    09-08-12 11:00 AM
    what i did was over right the Java in 649 folder with the hybrid then install with desktop manger is that the right way to install it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    Good Bro, Glad you got that right.
    09-08-12 11:05 AM
    just finish loading this baby, try use 649 .sfi. will let you know what happens in a day or two
    Make sure that you have a pair of asbestos gloves to hand, .649 .sfi is a palm burner !!!
    BigwhiteUK, maxx71 and ifraser like this.
    09-08-12 11:09 AM
    If it is the Java that is causing the issue then I would guess that there may be something that Zocs can do to help.

However, if it is (as I suspect) the .sfi then even the OS maestro known as Zocs probably has his hands tied as you can't easily mess with the .sfi file.
    It actually involves both the sfi (where the problem stems from) AND the java set - it would require a java set that will properly interoperate with an sfi from the .3XX genre. Because RC2 included several cods from the .2XX and .3XX arena, my hope is that Zoc could develop a build where the .2XX and .3XX cods he used in RC2 (or RC3 or RC4 or . . ) WOULD interoperate properly with an sfi of the .3XX variety.

So - no "messing" with the sfi itself - but finding a set of cods that can live peaceably with the sfi and also provide "BerryLicious" performance - maybe not as good as RC2,3,4, or 5 over a 5XX sfi, but better than stock .391 . . .
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-08-12 11:33 AM
    Make sure that you have a pair of asbestos gloves to hand, .649 .sfi is a palm burner !!!
    don't worry I'm using double gloves LoL i'm searching good locking signal, since the signal quality here's really sucks.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-08-12 11:40 AM
    OK, I am now back in the house, thanks to Zoc for posting the new , improved links and apologies for the false start this morning,

For those of you that cant find the RC5 Beta post, the new links are:

***********************RC5 BETA Release***********************

Here you go folks, the decision has been made and we are now
    making RC5 a full Beta release.

Link Below are Java only for Most OS 7 devices and 9900 Full OS:

Java Only

9900 Download

We have removed meterberry but still included the Beta Facebook and Twitter Apps.

Usual Instructions, install and enjoy.
    09-08-12 11:58 AM
    Another observation, Average Modules running under RC5B is 55, compared to 109 in RC5A! And less memory loss with this one; the main reason I went back to RC4B. But I must say RC5B is running very smooth, and very zippy lol
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-08-12 12:59 PM
    Zoc, I just arrived at my house, as I promised you, attached below RC5B browser patch. Anybody who has already installed RC5B, you can use BBH Tool/BBSAK/BBBOSS to inject this 5 cods. (do one more battery pull afterward), and If you haven't installed RC5B, just copy this 5 cods and paste them into the RC5B Java folder. This patch will give you a better browsing performance (responsive, smoother and faster in rendering/loading pictures/page).

IMO...RC5B is the best RC by far....enjoy you guys!

It's time for me to sleep. it's 1:11 AM
    09-08-12 01:14 PM
    Are there many changes on rc5b over rc5a?
    I just loaded 5a on my 9900 2 days ago, wondering if I should reload again or wait for the final release?
    09-08-12 01:14 PM
    Another observation, Average Modules running under RC5B is 55, compared to 109 in RC5A! And less memory loss with this one; the main reason I went back to RC4B. But I must say RC5B is running very smooth, and very zippy lol
    Today I have already installed RC5A! Should I go to RC5B? Have someone been testing this Beta enough time?
    Thanks!
    09-08-12 01:16 PM
    Go for it, very early indications are extremely positive... Im liking it very much
    09-08-12 01:32 PM
    Zoc, I just arrived at my house, as I promised you, attached below RC5B browser patch. Anybody who has already installed RC5B, you can use BBH Tool/BBSAK/BBBOSS to inject this 5 cods. (do one more battery pull afterward), and If you haven't installed RC5B, just copy this 5 cods and paste them into the RC5B Java folder. This patch will give you a better browsing performance (responsive, smoother and faster in rendering/loading pictures/page).

IMO...RC5B is the best RC by far....enjoy you guys!

It's time for me to sleep. it's 1:11 AM
    Done... thanks for the .cods mate
    09-08-12 01:35 PM
    Ok!
    Everything looks good now. You are talking about very fast booting time. My device doesn't look booting faster. I would say it takes the same. The browser is also not faster. Maybe it is because I'm using 9360. At non 9900 devices one has to replace the only the java files...The OS is .658

If you want a faster browser, use BBH tool/BBSAK/BBBoss to inject RC5B browser patch.

9360 booting time always slower I dk why...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    ifraser likes this.
    09-08-12 02:02 PM
    If you want a faster browser, use BBH tool/BBSAK/BBBoss to inject RC5B browser patch.

9360 booting time always slower I dk why...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    The modules are taken from which OS?
    09-08-12 02:07 PM
    As hungover and as sh!tty as I feel...I loaded the beta, I just HAD to lol...Way to early to give any 'real' feedback. I didn't read the previous posts, which radio is in the beta, do any of you know?
    ifraser likes this.
    09-08-12 02:10 PM
    I still use the .523sfi
    09-08-12 02:12 PM
    I think the sfi file is more important, as the hybrid is java and axl files taken from various OS's, as I understand it, plus the sfi. The sfi file can be of you choosing, with some considerations
    09-08-12 02:46 PM
    Hi! That's important what you are talking about. That means probably that for optimal performance you should install only one specific OS, not .523 or higher. Will be nice if
    zocster or someone else says some words about this point.
    Thanks!
    09-08-12 03:07 PM
    The modules are from a variety of OS's. If you want to load it you can see in the modules option in application manager what is running.

Hope you are all liking RC5 Beta.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    09-08-12 03:52 PM

That is the silliest question I have heard on a hybrid thread! There are dependencies that some work with some and not others.

We learn from trial and error. Load it and check under modules yourself.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    ifraser likes this.
    09-08-12 03:55 PM
    Try reinstalling DM first. Latest version.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    ria__x likes this.
    09-08-12 04:14 PM
10,888 ... 9899100101102 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD