I see os6 users have been abandoned

Not quite, patience please.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    09-08-12 07:53 AM
    I see os6 users have been abandoned

Do not panic OS6 users. We haven't abandoned the BL series for you.

Things are still being worked on just there is no point in releasing an imperfect OS.

Just as bad as RIM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    deezy87 likes this.
    09-08-12 07:53 AM
    RC5 beta

Full OS 9900 http://www.mediafire.com/file/zan66ntvd70z989

This has no meterberry or QL but still have beta apps.

Java only, use 523 in most cases, multi Sfi not the jAsia ones. http://www.mediafire.com/file/u2aonxa13mz2orz

Oh, had a late night craving for BK which gave me energy!

BerryLicio.us
    09-08-12 07:55 AM
    To late. It is updating now. Let's see what will happen in a few minutes.
    Ok, that wasn't a good idea. I am waiting now for initialization. It won't work. The rebooting reaches every time the same level and starts again.
    09-08-12 07:55 AM
    Ok, that wasn't a good idea. I am waiting now for initialization. It won't work. The rebooting reaches every time the same level and starts again.

Lol, no where in the guide to delete the java content. But to copy and replace.

You don't have enough there to load an OS onto a phone

BerryLicio.us
    09-08-12 08:00 AM
    Lol, no where in the guide to delete the java content. But to copy and replace.

You don't have enough there to load an OS onto a phone

BerryLicio.us
    You are right. That is why I have asked here. After reading this - Originally Posted by ifraser
    The Hybrid Java is pre shrunk by Zocster. If you are happy with this then delete the Java files from the base OS and replace with those from the Hybrid.
    09-08-12 08:05 AM
    You are right. That is why I have asked here. After reading this - Originally Posted by ifraser

The Hybrid Java is pre shrunk by Zocster. If you are happy with this then delete the Java files from the base OS and replace with those from the Hybrid.

Sincere apologies, he should know better

BerryLicio.us
    09-08-12 08:07 AM
    RC5 beta

Full OS 9900 rc5b-9900M_v7.1.0.523_P5.1.0.393.zip

This has no meterberry or QL but still have beta apps.

Java only, use 523 in most cases, multi Sfi not the jAsia ones. RC5BJava.zip

Oh, had a late night craving for BK which gave me energy!

BerryLicio.us
    Thanks for your efforts, couldn't thank you enough for it.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-08-12 08:10 AM
    I feel Ian posted replying to some 9900 user because it is a full OS there, it is in today's post you mentioned you are on 9360. I did clarify but guess it was too late by then.
    For all other devices except 9900 it is only the java files that one has to use and always copy and replace, that is where all the confusion happened.
    In my opinion we should mention the device we are going to load the OS, in our questions to avoid any confusion.
    Last edited by maxx71; 09-08-12 at 08:49 AM.
    09-08-12 08:15 AM

Yes apologies. That reply was to a 9900 owner. I forgot to make a distinction for different handsets

Non 9900 users need to extract over the base OS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    09-08-12 08:16 AM
    Sincere apologies, he should know better

BerryLicio.us
    You don't need to apologies. It's my fault. I want to thank you for everything what you have done and keep doing.
    Now let's see how to fix all this.
    09-08-12 08:17 AM
    A quick question guys, i need to install meterberry do i copy the alx from any old Rc and paste, would that work ?
    Please confirm !
    09-08-12 08:24 AM
    You don't need to apologies. It's my fault. I want to thank you for everything what you have done and keep doing.
    Now let's see how to fix all this.
    Please download a fresh OS (.523 or higher) and copy and paste over the java files and hit the loader exe. or load via DM.
    Don't forget to delete vendor files.

Any further questions, please ask, we are all here to help !
    Good Luck !
    09-08-12 08:27 AM
    Up and running on RC5B

Thanks as always to Zocs and Ian.
    09-08-12 08:50 AM
    A quick question guys, i need to install meterberry do i copy the alx from any old Rc and paste, would that work ?

Please confirm !

Alx, and the cod inside the old java, it is quite clear.

BerryLicio.us
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-08-12 08:51 AM
    Please download a fresh OS (.523 or higher) and copy and paste over the java files and hit the loader exe. or load via DM.
    Don't forget to delete vendor files.

Any further questions, please ask, we are all here to help !
    Good Luck !
    Thanks =). What I actually did:
    I have pasted the original Java files into the Java folder. After that REPLACED the files. The rebooting has stopped for a while at the same place (like before after my "clever" installation). Installation has continued. Somehow the whole process has finished. The contacts, messages and my settings have been restored at the end. The applications are missing but I will restore them from the backup or install again. I can not find the device analyzer.
    Thanks! Probably I will wright again.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-08-12 08:52 AM
    Thanks =). What I actually did:
    I have pasted the original Java files into the Java folder. After that REPLACED the files. The rebooting has stopped for a while at the same place (like before after my "clever" installation). Installation has continued. Somehow the whole process has finished. The contacts, messages and my settings have been restored at the end. The applications are missing but I will restore them from the backup or install again. I can not find the device analyzer.
    Thanks! Probably I will wright again.
    Device Analyzer will probably be hidden

Go into Device>advanced system settings

Hold down ALT key and type BBDA

This should unhide the Analyzer for you.

Unless you leave it running you will need to repeat after a battery pull
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-08-12 08:57 AM
    Just a quick question. What would be the best base for RC5B, and would I be better off using the 523.sfi ?
    Did try RC5A, but found Battery drain quite high!
    09-08-12 09:05 AM
    Just a quick question. What would be the best base for RC5B, and would I be better off using the 523.sfi ?
    Did try RC5A, but found Battery drain quite high!
    Odd, I found RC5A better on battery than RC4.

Use the same base OS and .sfi you were happy with on previous installs, the drill is the same for the 9900.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-08-12 09:08 AM
    Cheers Legal, Ill just swap over .axl and java into current OS, wipe and reload. Currently using .569 OS
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-08-12 09:13 AM
    Cheers Legal, Ill just swap over .axl and java into current OS, wipe and reload. Currently using .569 OS
    .523 .sfi runs cooler but if you are happy with .569 then go for it.
    09-08-12 09:15 AM
    ooops meant .523
    09-08-12 09:25 AM
    I believe tmobile is ok but certain folk on AT&T still have issues with certain OS`s.
    Actually, Ian, it is more than "certain folk on AT&T" - NO ONE on AT&T with a 9810 or 9900 can run an OS higher than .391 - any OS of .4XX or higher ilk will have the "mic problem" in a good portion of the US. If one lives in a "bad" area or, like myself and many, travel on business to "bad" areas, we are stuck with .391 or lower.

This is the current list of "good" and "bad" areas - and as you can see, the 'bad" area list encompasses a large portion of the US including many major metro areas:

There were no mic problems reported from anyone in:
    So. California, Chicago (IL), Miami (FL), Raleigh (NC), Atlanta (GA), Louisville and Bowling Green (KY)and Dallas and Houston (TX) - the New England area seems to have no problems; large parts of NM seem to have no problems;

Mic problems were reported in the following areas:
    Baltimore (MD), Boise (ID), Cleveland (OH), Cincinnati (OH), Denver (CO), Detroit (MI), Eugene (OR), New Jersey, NY, Central PA, Philladelphia (PA), suburbs of Philadelphia, Phoenix (AZ), Portland (OR), Seattle (WA), St. Louis (MO), Wilmington (DE), Washington DC, Wisconsin, Minneapolis (MN), Wichita (KS), Glenwood Springs and Aspen (CO)

So - we beg, beseech - (and whatever else is needed) to Lord Zocster the Omniscient and Guru of all things BB OS to help us poor souls on AT&T (and there are MANY OF US!) enjoy the kind of performance that BerryLicio.us brings to everyone else . . . . .

(OK - maybe the Lord Zocster thing is a bit tacky . . . trying to get my point across LOL!)
    Legal Eagle and maxx71 like this.
    09-08-12 09:27 AM
    Actually, Ian, it is more than "certain folk on AT&T" - NO ONE on AT&T with a 9810 or 9900 can run an OS higher than .391 - any OS of .4XX or higher ilk will have the "mic problem" in a good portion of the US. If one lives in a "bad" area or, like myself and many, travel on business to "bad" areas, we are stuck with .391 or lower.

This is the current list of "good" and "bad" areas - and as you can see, the 'bad" area list encompasses a large portion of the US including many major metro areas:

There were no mic problems reported from anyone in:
    So. California, Chicago (IL), Miami (FL), Raleigh (NC), Atlanta (GA), Louisville and Bowling Green (KY)and Dallas and Houston (TX) - the New England area seems to have no problems; large parts of NM seem to have no problems;

Mic problems were reported in the following areas:
    Baltimore (MD), Boise (ID), Cleveland (OH), Cincinnati (OH), Denver (CO), Detroit (MI), Eugene (OR), New Jersey, NY, Central PA, Philladelphia (PA), suburbs of Philadelphia, Phoenix (AZ), Portland (OR), Seattle (WA), St. Louis (MO), Wilmington (DE), Washington DC, Wisconsin, Minneapolis (MN), Wichita (KS), Glenwood Springs and Aspen (CO)

So - we beg, beseech - (and whatever else is needed) to Lord Zocster the Omniscient and Guru of all things BB OS to help us poor souls on AT&T (and there are MANY OF US!) enjoy the kind of performance that BerryLicio.us brings to everyone else . . . . .

(OK - maybe the Lord Zocster thing is a bit tacky . . . trying to get my point across LOL!)
    If it is the Java that is causing the issue then I would guess that there may be something that Zocs can do to help.

However, if it is (as I suspect) the .sfi then even the OS maestro known as Zocs probably has his hands tied as you can't easily mess with the .sfi file.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-08-12 09:34 AM
    Am officially now on RC5 beta and am loving it.

Although i am not an expert enough to know the difference instantly but once it settles (post Zocs bedding schedule) will post here for findings.

Thanks Zocs, Ian and all those who tested and have an Input in its creation.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-08-12 09:52 AM
10,888 ... 979899100101 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD