Just FYI, since the day i installed RC5a, i have deleted all battery saving apps and NOT missing them.
    Good Stuff, well the dc control file isnt to do with the battery saving, it actually controls the phones radio power etc.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-07-12 10:26 AM
    Just FYI, since the day i installed RC5a, i have deleted all battery saving apps and NOT missing them.

Wow...that's amazing...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-07-12 10:27 AM
    Thank you but I need the Hybrid for Dummies version.

See my additional questions below...

First of all you need a standard Base OS installed, either .523 or .569. A fresh install is recommended. DONE

As you are on the 9900 RC3 or RC5 will probably be the easiest for you to install as both re full OS's for the 9900 and are I think by consencus the best of the bunch. Downloaded RC5A

Download the hybrid and unzip. Done

Use whichever .sfi works best for you from the .523 or .569 Standard OS Do I use the .sfi from the .569 install or the one with the RC5A download?

The Hybrid Java is pre shrunk by Zocster. If you are happy with this then delete the Java files from the base OS and replace with those from the Hybrid.

If you want to do your own shrink then copy and paste the Hybrid Java files over the base OS Java files. Do I copy the files in the Java folder from the RC5A download to here C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900M_v7.1.0.569_P5.1.0.415?

Do the same with the .alx file as you did with the Java, either replace or paste over base. Do I copy the .alx files from the RC5A folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

Shrink to your taste and load it up.

Don't forget to delete the Vendor files as usual.
    Thanks again is advance.
    09-07-12 10:31 AM
    Thank you but I need the Hybrid for Dummies version.

See my additional questions below...

Thanks again is advance.
    Use whichever .sfi works best for you from the .523 or .569 Standard OS Do I use the .sfi from the .569 install or the one with the RC5A download? Stick with .523 to start with as it is included. If you dont like, just change the sfi in the directory and reload again. on that note possibly copy the 569 before overwriting it

The Hybrid Java is pre shrunk by Zocster. If you are happy with this then delete the Java files from the base OS and replace with those from the Hybrid.

If you want to do your own shrink then copy and paste the Hybrid Java files over the base OS Java files. Do I copy the files in the Java folder from the RC5A download to here C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900M_v7.1.0.569_P5.1.0.415? Yes thats fine if you installed the 569 as the base.

Do the same with the .alx file as you did with the Java, either replace or paste over base. Do I copy the .alx files from the RC5A folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files? you copy the whole os in the archive over the above directory as it is already prepared.

Load up and enjoy
    09-07-12 10:36 AM
    Good Stuff, well the dc control file isnt to do with the battery saving, it actually controls the phones radio power etc.
    Thanks ! The dc quote was taken only for context.
    I mentioned it because i wanted to test the new RC5A without a couple of battery saving apps and the OS is actually so good that i don't miss them anymore.

For eg: the way i use it had it been any of the earlier OS i would have been somewhere around 35% by now but am sitting at 51% of battery life left.
    ifraser likes this.
    09-07-12 10:38 AM
    Use whichever .sfi works best for you from the .523 or .569 Standard OS Do I use the .sfi from the .569 install or the one with the RC5A download?

The RC5A Hybrid uses .523 .sfi file as standard but you can swap to the .569 one if it has worked better for you in the past

If you want to do your own shrink then copy and paste the Hybrid Java files over the base OS Java files. Do I copy the files in the Java folder from the RC5A download to here C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900M_v7.1.0.569_P5.1.0.415?

Double click the installed .569 in this location and you will then see the UMTS (Radio) folder, the Java Folder and the .alx files

Do the same with the .alx file as you did with the Java, either replace or paste over base. Do I copy the .alx files from the RC5A folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

Same as above

Good to have you on board as part of the BL Family.
    09-07-12 10:41 AM
    can't hardly wait to play with RC5 2... damn what took RIM so long to upload new os for 9900
    09-07-12 11:27 AM
    can't hardly wait to play with RC5 2... damn what took RIM so long to upload new os for 9900
    There are 4 of them doing rounds, lets see which one pops up first !
    I am waiting for the Official OS, so that i can see the RC6 then, maybe !
    Till then i am very happy with RC5.
    09-07-12 11:39 AM
    Folks RC5 is not by any means finished. Once we have a newer radio file to play with we will see about making it final...none of this RC6 talk yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    maxx71 and deezy87 like this.
    09-07-12 11:43 AM
    There are 4 of them doing rounds, lets see which one pops up first !
    I am waiting for the Official OS, so that i can see the RC6 then, maybe !
    Till then i am very happy with RC5.
    Well, happy when we get RC5 Mk2 !!!

What we need is not so much a new OS as a whole, but a new decent .sfi for Zocs to work with.

Much as I love .523 it must eventually limit what Zocs can do with the Java to work with it.
    maxx71 and ifraser like this.
    09-07-12 11:44 AM
    im trying to install .569 because .649 is a leaked os but my pc says there no os installed :/ installed .569 but loader doesn't see it deleted vendor file etc any suggestions ? because i want to use the RC3 with .569
    09-07-12 11:53 AM
    im trying to install .569 because .649 is a leaked os but my pc says there no os installed :/ installed .569 but loader doesn't see it deleted vendor file etc any suggestions ? because i want to use the RC3 with .569
    Do a search of your hard drive for a 2nd vendor file making sure to search for hidden files.

Pretty sure that this will be your issue.

Oh, and make sure that you have installed the correct OS for your device, if I recall correctly your are on a 9790, easy to download a 9900 OS by mistake
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 09-07-12 at 11:59 AM.
    ryanraven likes this.
    09-07-12 11:57 AM
    Do a search of your hard drive for a 2nd vendor file making sure to search for hidden files.

Pretty sure that this will be your issue.
    yeah done all of that but no luck it detects the 649 os when its installed but when i delete that and install 469 it doesn't detect it at all, searched hard drive deleted vendor file still no luck.
    09-07-12 11:59 AM
    yeah done all of that but no luck it detects the 649 os when its installed but when i delete that and install 469 it doesn't detect it at all, searched hard drive deleted vendor file still no luck.
    Did you uninstall .649 or just delete it ?

You must uninstall with Windows and not just delete the files.
    ryanraven likes this.
    09-07-12 12:06 PM

ok, you definetely still have the 2nd vendor.xml file,

C:\Users\***ur Profile***\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Is where the 2nd one lives

Remember AppData directory is also hidden.
    ryanraven likes this.
    09-07-12 12:08 PM
    ok, you definetely still have the 2nd vendor.xml file,

C:\Users\***ur Profile***\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Is where the 2nd one lives

Remember AppData directory is also hidden.
    all works fine thanks fro you help guys
    Last edited by ryanraven; 09-07-12 at 12:19 PM.
    ifraser likes this.
    09-07-12 12:17 PM
    Try the KISS method:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/
    ifraser likes this.
    09-07-12 12:22 PM
    No problem.

It would help if you could update your profile to include your device details as this is a multi device thread and in future it would help us give you good answers to any new queries you may have.
    09-07-12 12:24 PM
    forget to tell you. i got bit of lag and freeze sometimes, when i move from apps to homescreen.
    use 569 base & sfi + RC5 A
    Last edited by will_chrome; 09-07-12 at 12:31 PM.
    09-07-12 12:27 PM
    lol...thats a hard one to call unless you have lots of groups, or your network has been losing signal.

I havent had that issue with either RC 5A or A2

Have you tried a battery pull
    09-07-12 12:31 PM
    is RC5 available for 9790 ?
    09-07-12 12:32 PM
    All the OS`s have been provided with a Java Only file so you can overlay an OS for your handset. All OS 7 Models should work ok.
    ryanraven likes this.
    09-07-12 12:34 PM
    is RC5 available for 9790 ?
    RC5AJava.zip

RC5A Java only for non 9900 devices.
    ryanraven likes this.
    09-07-12 12:34 PM
    All the OS`s have been provided with a Java Only file so you can overlay an OS for your handset. All OS 7 Models should work ok.
    but there's no link for RC5 anywhere
    09-07-12 12:35 PM
    lol...thats a hard one to call unless you have lots of groups, or your network has been losing signal.

I havent had that issue with either RC 5A or A2

Have you tried a battery pull
    done battery pull, got 4 groups. dunno if the signal, there are times that signal 3G or EDGE but can't browsing and can't refresh fb, while bbm and ubersoc runs just fine.

well maybe the signal error, damn carrier. can't found single good carrier around here
    09-07-12 12:35 PM
10,888 ... 9495969798 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD