A factory reset is only necessary to remove an IT Policy, and there isn't one in any of these builds. Can't see how that would help with getting the email setup working.

I can't see how that helped getting my email setup working either, I was going to do a full wipe with bbsak, and reinstall the OS again, but after I did a factory reset, and the email setup suddenly started working.
    09-03-12 09:57 AM
    Urs is over .523?
    What ever base OS you use to install this Hybrid, your platform and OS version will be same as ours. The base is used just to install and overwrite the exisiting files of .cods with the BL Hybrid build. Correct me if im wrong
    Last edited by Slayohslay; 09-03-12 at 10:02 AM.
    09-03-12 09:59 AM
    I can't see how that helped getting my email setup working either, I was going to do a full wipe with bbsak, and reinstall the OS again, but after I did a factory reset, and the email setup suddenly started working.
    I dont think the factory wipe helped either. Like zocs said, the server went down here on my location, perhaps. Nevermind, already sorted the problem out. Thanks to zocster!
    piziyu2005 likes this.
    09-03-12 10:00 AM
    What ever base OS you use to install this Hybrid, your platform and OS version will be same as ours. The base is used just to install and overwrite the exisiting files of .cods with the BL Hybrid build. Correct me if im wrong
    The Platform will change depending on which sfi you use. The Bundle and OS version should be the same though.
    09-03-12 10:08 AM
    The Platform will change depending on which sfi you use. The Bundle and OS version should be the same though.
    The way he re-act, and the way he asked for assistance on how to install etc, *if you know what i mean, i am sure its the same as mine! Cause i never swap the .sfi file either!
    09-03-12 10:10 AM
    Just out of curiosity, does Branding Version make any difference?
    Mine is 1.0.91.378G
    Phone is unbranded and unlocked, as supplied by Virgin UK
    09-03-12 10:21 AM
    Just out of curiosity, does Branding Version make any difference?
    Mine is 1.0.91.378G
    Phone is unbranded and unlocked, as supplied by Virgin UK
    That wont make any difference at all to the OS, i can say i think the batches do differ in quality and speed slightly.

I have a White 9900 that is a total dog at times, and my Black 9900 that is older has never given me am issue.
    09-03-12 10:24 AM
    That wont make any difference at all to the OS, i can say i think the batches do differ in quality and speed slightly.

I have a White 9900 that is a total dog at times, and my Black 9900 that is older has never given me am issue.
    What do you mean by total dog at times?
    09-03-12 10:29 AM
    What do you mean by total dog at times?
    Slower, worse battery with the same OS as the black one, Random reboots.
    09-03-12 10:41 AM
    Im still trying to get to the bottom of having no options in Smart Accessories App!!!!! Have asked all over tinterweb.... no solutions grrrr
    09-03-12 10:48 AM
    Hi,

I'm on .523 base + RC4.
    I constantly get network issue can't say if it is the network or the radio file is not working fine for me. Any other radio file that i can use with it?
    Also what battery life are you getting out of your RC4, I manage to get about a day with very moderate use.
    09-03-12 03:19 PM
    Hi, we haven't had anyone with that sort of issue, as long as you have an sfi that Is meant for your phone it will work.

I would recommend a full wipe and reload it again as that may solve your issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    09-03-12 03:39 PM
    Hi guys, just stoping by to say that this bad boy: 9790M_v7.1.0.649_P9.16.0.146 runs pretty smooth on my device, btw stock fw, im gonna try the RC5 asap.
    Radio got great coverage, battery is great and temps also.
    09-03-12 06:00 PM
    The original 523 from rroyy has chinese, jAllLang in fact.

Just install that first then copy paste the hybrid folders and files accordingly and shrink.

If you don't need japanese input then use the smaller sfi that comes with the hybrid for 9900

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    Thanks for letting me know .523 had all languages

I sucessfully installed RC5Alpha over .523 base, Have asian languages now
    I did shrink the OS using BBH Tools too.

I am guessing RC5Alpha has .523 sfi?
    can you please confirm?

Thanks very much Zocster!
    piziyu2005 likes this.
    09-03-12 06:38 PM
    That is mine. Hope it helps

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    You might want to remove your Pin from that pic
    09-03-12 06:40 PM
    Java only for other devices. Install your base, prefer 523 or 569, copy and paste java and run loader.
    rgshah3, ifraser, deezy87 and 1 others like this.
    09-03-12 08:55 PM
    The folks have asked, and he delivers! Let me thank you on the behalf of those that are using this java mix! You should take a breather homie lol you deserve it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900, powered using BerryLicio.us Ultimate Hybrid RC5, via CrackBerry Forums app!
    zocster likes this.
    09-03-12 09:02 PM
    Hi,

I'm on .523 base + RC4.
    I constantly get network issue can't say if it is the network or the radio file is not working fine for me. Any other radio file that i can use with it?
    Also what battery life are you getting out of your RC4, I manage to get about a day with very moderate use.

If 523 don't suit your network, use 569.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    piziyu2005 and ifraser like this.
    09-03-12 09:44 PM
    I have been gone on vacation for about a month. Before I went I installed PL5.1.0.415_A7.1.0.569_Claro_Dominican_Republic and the RC2. This has worked pretty good so far. Do you guys thinks is worth switching to some of the other RC? What is the different? I always shrink and install the apps like facebook,twitter and BBM myself after an update.
    09-04-12 04:31 AM
    Welcome Back !
    Must say, you are blessed to have such a Long Vacation !

Lots happened in this thread since you were here last, currently we have the RC5 release.

The major difference as such is that RC2 & 3 were with .580 (9930 OS alongwith other OS) , RC4 was mainly on .649 leak (alongwith other OS) and RC5 has .658 ( from the 9860 OS alongwith other OS).

Many here are happy with the RC3 with .523sfi and personally was the best i too had, RC4 was not very good for me hence i have moved to RC5 since last night Too early for me to comment on it but must say it looks very promising).

You have an array of choices and all are good so take your pick
    Last edited by maxx71; 09-04-12 at 09:03 AM.
    piziyu2005 and ifraser like this.
    09-04-12 07:42 AM
    Back with BL, just installed RC5A

The Java swap OS was solid but unspectacular so time to see what Zocs has magiced up for us this time.

Not seen anything negative so far from those who have taken the plunge.

Good to be back !!!
    09-04-12 07:53 AM
    Welcome Back !
    Must say, you are blessed to have such a Long Vacation !

Lots has happened in this thread since you were here last, currently we have the RC5 release.

The major difference as such is that RC2 & 3 were with .580 (9930 OS alongwith other OS) , RC4 was mainly on .649 leak (alongwith other OS) and RC5 has .658 ( from the 9860 OS alongwith other OS).

Many here are happy with the RC3 with .523sfi and personally was the best i too had, RC4 was not very good for me hence i have moved to RC5 since last night Too early for me to comment on it but must say it looks very promising).

You have an array of choices and all are good so take your pick
    I started off with RC2 as the very first hybrid I've ever loaded...it ran as if god made it! Having some OS OCD I loaded up the newer release candidates as they were released. Had a hiccup with RC4B, it was my fault I'm assuming. Long story short, I wiped and reloaded with no side effects afterwards! Thanks to Zocs for giving me some help as I was losing my mind lol.

Back with BL, just installed RC5A

The Java swap OS was solid but unspectacular so time to see what Zocs has magiced up for us this time.

Not seen anything negative so far from those who have taken the plunge.

Good to be back !!!
    Being a little impatient as I am the only negative thing is letting it settle...lol I know, I know it's a part of the process, but c'mon This is day 2 nothing negative at all, seemed to have settled really nicely, but time will tell.
    maxx71 and piziyu2005 like this.
    09-04-12 08:04 AM
    Wanting on OS 6 hybrid update using your Berrylicious V5 which i love and runs great on 9300
    09-04-12 08:12 AM
    Well its day 2 on RC5A - .658 and .523sfi
    Getting a regular memory drain of around 9mb
    ABD not quite as good as the RC4B staying aound the %3 level with Meterberry.
    Temp is in the low 20's
    I did notice, in comparison to RC4B there are more modules running with RC5A, 107, and if memory serves me right there were a lot less with RC4B!
    Will give it several more days, and a few more battery pulls. Though must say phone is running smoothly
    Last edited by BigwhiteUK; 09-04-12 at 08:53 AM.
    09-04-12 08:42 AM
    a bit off-topic though - Is there a way to find out if a device has a hybrid or official version?
    I need to submit my phone to service center hence the question
    09-04-12 08:42 AM
10,888 ... 8687888990 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD