I have loaded all 4 versions of the Hybrid with DM and haven't done a wipe.

All have performed well using this method.

As I understand it (and I stand to be corrected) DM performs a wipe as part of it's process.

Quote from the Hybrid Installation Guide written by Wu Wei creator of the B@stard Series of Hybrids below:

I've read many hybrid builders' recommendations on wiping your device before installing their hybrid. Personally, I don't see any real benefit to this, since the phone is wiped clean as part of the standard OS install anyway. But some users have reported benefits in following this process. To each their own, I suppose.
    DM wipe, which is be the app loader wipe proccess, does not wipe the device as deeply and fully as much as BBSAK does. End of
    Last edited by albertinik; 08-31-12 at 07:46 AM.
    08-31-12 07:39 AM
    Ok, lets not have any major discussions about wiping of phones. It is recommended but not always necessary.

I am sure there are lots of discussions on the pro`s and con`s of doing it using DM or BBSAK/BBH etc.
    08-31-12 07:42 AM
    The Main reason it is suggested: Fresh install of any apps on your handset to avoid any random java errors or old settings causing unwanted drain.

If not wiping works for you then go for it, but that iss the reason hybriders will recommend it
    I always wipe my device via BBH Tool. Load the OS/hybrid and shrink, then install on device. Then obviously get my apps back one by one, battery pull and we're back in business.
    08-31-12 07:43 AM
    I have loaded all 4 versions of the Hybrid with DM and haven't done a wipe.

All have performed well using this method.

As I understand it (and I stand to be corrected) DM performs a wipe as part of it's process.

Quote from the Hybrid Installation Guide written by Wu Wei creator of the B@stard Series of Hybrids below:

I've read many hybrid builders' recommendations on wiping your device before installing their hybrid. Personally, I don't see any real benefit to this, since the phone is wiped clean as part of the standard OS install anyway. But some users have reported benefits in following this process. To each their own, I suppose.
    Some say that the DM doesn�t wipe completely...
    And the apps may corrupt a install... (Just a view)
    As i said i am lazy for doing wipe/install (and with the pace we install new rc�s ) and othertimes i don�t have the time to do it, so i usually do it via dm.
    08-31-12 07:46 AM
    Ok, lets not have any major discussions about wiping of phones. It is recommended but not always necessary.

I am sure there are lots of discussions on the pro`s and con`s of doing it using DM or BBSAK/BBH etc.
    Non discussion, just opinions ...
    And what a better way of testing the speed of the new install then getting the apps fresh?
    08-31-12 07:48 AM
    The Main reason it is suggested: Fresh install of any apps on your handset to avoid any random java errors or old settings causing unwanted drain.

If not wiping works for you then go for it, but that iss the reason hybriders will recommend it
    That is correct...thinking of all those app permissions and handheld Key Store drives me nuts!
    08-31-12 07:50 AM
    DM wipe, which is be the app loader wipe proccess, do not wipe the device as deeply and fully as much as BBSAK does. End of
    An Error 507 wipe is exactly the same whether it's part of the update process using DM/Loader.exe, or via an app like BBSAK/BBH Tool etc.

There is no such thing as a 'deeper' or 'fuller' wipe... End of
    08-31-12 07:52 AM
    I beg to differ, open the casing, take the board out and rub it on a balloon for about 5 mins.
    audio_engr and BigwhiteUK like this.
    08-31-12 08:05 AM
    zocs & ifraser : when do we see RC5 ? ..

soon ?
    08-31-12 08:12 AM
    zocs & ifraser : when do we see RC5 ? ..

soon ?

I need a break lol.

There is not much new modules out there than 634, and they are not improving by much.

We need 634 radio for 9900 then I may work some ...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    ifraser, maxx71 and audio_engr like this.
    08-31-12 08:15 AM
    I need a break lol.

There is not much new modules out there than 634, and they are not improving by much.

We need 634 radio for 9900 then I may work some ...

BerryLicio.us
    Will you be persevering with the RC4 structure or reverting back to the RC3 style ?
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-31-12 08:25 AM
    Any base higher than .523. The best sfi is for you to know, not to sound like an @$$. Just use the sfi from an OS that worked out for you!
    Are you on Rogers per chance? I am and seem to have good luck with RC3 and 523 sfi with 569 base. Just wondering if you've used another sfi that seemed better with Rogers (if you're with them obviously).
    08-31-12 10:59 AM
    Just sit tight with whatever OS's radio was best for you...most of us here are happy with the .523 radio while others are happy with something else. If you feel .523 was good for you, you can stick with that.
    08-31-12 11:03 AM
    Will you be persevering with the RC4 structure or reverting back to the RC3 style ?

More than likely RC3 structure

BerryLicio.us
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-31-12 01:13 PM
    So this is the latter part of day 1 with RC4 and I'm just blown away at how it has managed to stabilize [not fully set yet] and the battery seems to have also improved. Here's a shot of MeterBerry reading as well as a report from device analyzer.

Tomorrow is day 2 and I'll continue to 'beat it in' and see what happens

Edit - If you folks are like me and wondering 'how the fudge does he get those kinds of numbers?' The answer is I just did a wipe re installed RC4 over base, shrunk and loaded 'er up. I saw other members getting the types of numbers I've posted and couldn't grasp why I wasn't getting that type of performance. Memory drain was through the roof. Messaged Zocs via BBM he said it was an experiment, hasn't heard of anything too negative towards it. I was on RC3 for less than a week til I decided to give RC4 another run, and I'm glad I did!
    Last edited by sharma0702; 08-31-12 at 02:45 PM.
    08-31-12 02:41 PM
    Os 7.1.0.658 just dropped by!! Time for a new hybrid
    08-31-12 03:13 PM
    official 7.1.0.658 for 9810 does that mean a green light for you zoc on RC5
    08-31-12 03:15 PM
    official 7.1.0.658 for 9810 does that mean a green light for you zoc on RC5
    What happened to Zocs needing and deserving a break
    deezy87 likes this.
    08-31-12 03:28 PM
    I agree with you sheldon, we need to give the BL team a break. They've worked their @$$es off for us! We can wait for their next release whenever they wanna drop that on us. I like surprises as well lol
    nathan_eil likes this.
    08-31-12 04:06 PM
    I agree with you sheldon, we need to give the BL team a break. They've worked their @$$es off for us! We can wait for their next release whenever they wanna drop that on us. I like surprises as well lol
    100% and if we get a leaked OS in the mean time, it gives us something new to play with. Hopefully something better than 649. That was brutal for me.
    08-31-12 04:17 PM
    Please give us time. If we feel that using the .658 cods is worthwhile then zoc will come up with something.

Just give it time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    08-31-12 07:11 PM
    Please give us time. If we feel that using the .658 cods is worthwhile then zoc will come up with something.

Just give it time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid

Personally I can wait it out, I like the anticipation lol. The BL team never disappoints.

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 powered by BerryLicio.us 7.1 Ultimate Hybrid RC4, via CrackBerry Forums App!
    08-31-12 07:13 PM
    In Zocs We Trust. should be a nice slogan for this thread
    ifraser likes this.
    08-31-12 11:08 PM
    and yea, i agreed with Sharma and Sheldon. Let them rest, i'm pretty sure, they'll come up with a surprise so let's sit back and enjoy our OS for now
    ifraser likes this.
    08-31-12 11:12 PM
    And all of us AT&T subscribers with 9900s and 9810s hope that Zoc can cook up something that will give "BerryLicio.us RC" performance while getting us around the dreaded mic issue.
    08-31-12 11:33 PM
10,888 ... 7980818283 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD