Brxvo - loader may give you 2 options, cant remember exactly what it says; something along the lines of you trying to install an older OS? choose the second (bottom) option if it does
    Brxvo likes this.
    08-30-12 02:03 PM
    Thanks you guys! It works

Thanks for all your help
    08-30-12 02:06 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks - rc3 is my first ever hybrid and has made my bold 9900 the phone I thought it was, battery is really good - not sure how to track memory leak but haven't had to battery pull after I followed guidance to bed os in with 2 pulls a day for 3 days

Regards

Damian
    08-30-12 03:06 PM
    So I have loaded RC4 yet again lol this time I can allow it to settle, as we have a holiday here in Canada. I'm going to give my carrier a call and see if I can get them to re register the device again....MMS issue has had me ticked!

Edit - I have an e-ticket still open, I got the service rep to reactivate feature...no dice. I'll wait it out I guess, oh well.
    Last edited by sharma0702; 08-30-12 at 07:15 PM.
    08-30-12 06:36 PM
    whats up! my 1st post here, just installed RC4 lastnight, i'll give it a few days to run, so far so good thankyou Zocster and i Fraser! you guys rock! just bummed up at the apps like twitter and meterberry, keep asking for activation code, and have no idea about it :| lastnight was my 1st time
    08-30-12 07:13 PM
    whats up! my 1st post here, just installed RC4 lastnight, i'll give it a few days to run, so far so good thankyou Zocster and i Fraser! you guys rock! just bummed up at the apps like twitter and meterberry, keep asking for activation code, and have no idea about it :| lastnight was my 1st time
    I believe twitter, facebook are beta versions, which mean you need beta keys to activation them. if you don't , just delete them then reinstall the regular stable version of twitter and facebook off appworld. Meterberry is a paid app, so you need a key for that as well.
    ifraser likes this.
    08-30-12 07:47 PM

Delete twitter and reinstall it from appworld and it will work. as for meterberry, its a paid app. if you dont want to pay for it delete it. If you do want to pay for it delete it and then pay and download it from mobihand and then enter the registration code that mobihand sends you by email.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-30-12 07:49 PM
    How is RC5 coming along?
    I wanted ask that too, but these guys already do too much! Beggers cannot be choosers.

RC5?? Currently RC4 is the one you want, the only OS we have to play with
    is being looked at but nothing in concrete yet that we can test never mine release

Just be patient and enjoy the current versions, we will keep you up to date as soon as there is a change.
    Yes sir! I just reloaded RC4 again going to give it a solid beating starting tomorrow and over the long weekend I'm enjoying all the builds that this team has released!

Sign up for beta zone here, and you will be able to get those codes! For meterberry and all that, those are not freeware, unfortunately. https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com
    nathan_eil likes this.
    08-30-12 07:52 PM
    I believe twitter, facebook are beta versions, which mean you need beta keys to activation them. if you don't , just delete them then reinstall the regular stable version of twitter and facebook off appworld. Meterberry is a paid app, so you need a key for that as well.
    Delete twitter and reinstall it from appworld and it will work. as for meterberry, its a paid app. if you dont want to pay for it delete it. If you do want to pay for it delete it and then pay and download it from mobihand and then enter the registration code that mobihand sends you by email.

Thankyouu i was thinking to do it for the twitter app, too bad about the meterberry though
    08-30-12 07:58 PM
    You guys may want to try Tiny Meter, it's a free OTA, @ria__x posted a link pages ago:

http://blackberryotaapp.info/2011/09...lackberry.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the ota link.

Blacklatino likes this.
    08-30-12 08:13 PM
    Hi

what is the best OS base and sfi for RC4?

Thanks
    08-30-12 08:45 PM
    Any base higher than .523. The best sfi is for you to know, not to sound like an @$$. Just use the sfi from an OS that worked out for you!
    08-30-12 08:50 PM
    i'm using whatever sfi. that zocs put in the final RC4, i think it's the 523? works like a charm so far.
    Last edited by nathan_eil; 08-30-12 at 09:14 PM.
    deezy87 likes this.
    08-30-12 09:07 PM
    Has anyone been experiencing SD card issues since they update? My memory card seems to only work on the second reboot everytime. If im using the phone for 4 days and do a battery pull the memory card doesnt read until i boot up and do another battery pull then it decides to mount the second time around. I've tried and tested this 8times
    08-30-12 10:35 PM
    No issues with my SD card at all, it also works after every reboot/battery pull.
    08-30-12 10:37 PM
    Has anyone been experiencing SD card issues since they update? My memory card seems to only work on the second reboot everytime. If im using the phone for 4 days and do a battery pull the memory card doesnt read until i boot up and do another battery pull then it decides to mount the second time around. I've tried and tested this 8times

Should try replacing the SD card first (cheapest option) or its your SD slot that's getting faulty.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    08-30-12 10:57 PM
    No issues with my SD card at all, it also works after every reboot/battery pull.
    ditto
    08-30-12 11:16 PM
    Please, all remember that the RC4 mix includes the Twitter and Facebook BETA apps and also Meterberry which is a paid App and required a code.

If you want these to work, and dont have a Beta account, then remove and re-install from Appworld.

Also the BBM is .51 which has now been replaced by the full .56 release.
    08-31-12 02:37 AM
    Ok, so I've loaded RC4 again last night, and it seems more 'fluid' as opposed to the last time i had it on...More than likely a user error last time.

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 powered by BerryLicio.us 7.1 Ultimate Hybrid RC4, via CrackBerry Forums App!
    08-31-12 06:32 AM
    lmao.....amazing how a reload can be better at times.
    08-31-12 06:35 AM
    lmao.....amazing how a reload can be better at times.
    True. I�ve followed your advice on wipe and install and way better now!
    I don�t do it all the time because.... I�m lazy
    Thank you
    Legal Eagle and maxx71 like this.
    08-31-12 06:42 AM
    Truth be told it left a bad taste for me, so to speak. Then again I thought I might as well load this b!tch up again and see if it stabilizes, and it's been behaving quite well to be honest. As I said in my previous post, it was more than liky user error, d'oh lol

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 powered by BerryLicio.us 7.1 Ultimate Hybrid RC4, via CrackBerry Forums App!
    Legal Eagle and maxx71 like this.
    08-31-12 06:50 AM
    True. I�ve followed your advice on wipe and install and way better now!
    I don�t do it all the time because.... I�m lazy
    Thank you
    I have loaded all 4 versions of the Hybrid with DM and haven't done a wipe.

All have performed well using this method.

As I understand it (and I stand to be corrected) DM performs a wipe as part of it's process.

Quote from the Hybrid Installation Guide written by Wu Wei creator of the B@stard Series of Hybrids below:

I've read many hybrid builders' recommendations on wiping your device before installing their hybrid. Personally, I don't see any real benefit to this, since the phone is wiped clean as part of the standard OS install anyway. But some users have reported benefits in following this process. To each their own, I suppose.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 08-31-12 at 07:07 AM.
    maxx71 and fahar like this.
    08-31-12 07:00 AM
    I have loaded all 4 versions of the Hybrid with DM and haven't done a wipe.

All have performed well using this method.

As I understand it (and I stand to be corrected) DM performs a wipe as part of it's process.
    Same here, i have always Loaded with DM and all have done exceedingly well.
    This is my 2nd day on RC4(part2) and it is seemingly well behaved post following Zocs bedding schedule, here are the details :
    around 150 odd BBM.
    19 calls (only a couple of them around 10mins rest were 2-3min calls)
    55 emails
    15 sms
    2 hours connected to the bluetooth device
    memory drain is 0.4% as per meterberry
    ADR is 3.7% as per device analyzer and 4.5 as per meterberry.

I can safely say that RC4 has been pretty good for me this time round.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-31-12 07:17 AM
    The Main reason it is suggested: Fresh install of any apps on your handset to avoid any random java errors or old settings causing unwanted drain.

If not wiping works for you then go for it, but that iss the reason hybriders will recommend it
    deezy87 and maxx71 like this.
    08-31-12 07:25 AM
10,888 ... 7879808182 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD