Turn the radio off and DO NOT unplug your data cable during the process: back up your data, wipe your phone , install new OS/Hybrid, restore your data, open up your ввм�(you'll see the list of all your ввм� contacts n groups) , unplug your data cable, do a battery pull and finally turn the radio on.
    Thanks Sator but, my point is the issue still pops up from time-to-time whatever radio status is: on or off. (Not saying though to backup or install new OS with radio on - it should be OFF)

What I mean is: its not a hybrid OS, radio status or procedure related issue but most probably a network connection issue. The procedure I outlined in my post above works consistently well for me: turn on WiFi after turning radio on to get better speed in updating BBM contacts & profile, wait for some time for the BBM to update & settle before opening to check if groups restored properly.

I always done like your tutorial above, still sometimes, the group wont restore.
    You, dj_pavo, audio_engr, me & a lot more have experienced the same issue. That's what I'm trying to point out - it's not the radio status & it's not the procedure!
    will_chrome likes this.
    08-30-12 06:55 AM
    @ifraser, Yeah I know. They say curiosity killed the cat. In that case BAM i'm dead
    Last edited by ReBeL25; 08-30-12 at 06:58 AM. Reason: spelling
    ifraser likes this.
    08-30-12 06:57 AM
    @radi and others on BBM restore issue. There are ways to avoid losing your groups but I do agree with Radi, it can also be a network related issue.

If you follow the procedure it does, 90% of the time, restore your groups without any issues.
    radi33idar likes this.
    08-30-12 07:11 AM
    RC5?? Currently RC4 is the one you want, the only OS we have to play with
    is being looked at but nothing in concrete yet that we can test never mine release

Just be patient and enjoy the current versions, we will keep you up to date as soon as there is a change.
    To be fair to the guy who asked the question it was actually Zocs who raised the possibility of an early RC5 as RC4 was proving to be a disappointment to some.

Sorry lads, RC4 was an experiment with new structure which might work on some and not others.

RC3 is my best work to date, I might put up RC5 with 634 mix and RC3 structure.

Watch this space.

maxx71 likes this.
    08-30-12 07:17 AM
    Application Resource Monitor was also updated.
    08-30-12 07:36 AM
    To be fair to the guy who asked the question it was actually Zocs who raised the possibility of an early RC5 as RC4 was proving to be a disappointment to some.

Sorry lads, RC4 was an experiment with new structure which might work on some and not others.

RC3 is my best work to date, I might put up RC5 with 634 mix and RC3 structure.

Watch this space.

Thanks for that Legal, it is being worked on, just not rushing it out. Zoc has a lot on just now,

Can we possibly avoid app announcements on the Hybrid thread. ty
    08-30-12 07:39 AM
    Thanks for that Legal, it is being worked on, just not rushing it out. Zoc has a lot on just now,

Can we possibly avoid app announcements on the Hybrid thread. ty
    Sorry....will do.....
    ifraser likes this.
    08-30-12 07:51 AM
    How do we get chinese language files onto the phone?
    08-30-12 08:35 AM
    I just had a question, when a Official OS is released one is told to let it settle for approx a week before assumptions of how good or bad it is for an individual, in this case (RC4) we all were very eager to get back to earlier versions in a couple of days or so, ain't that harsh on the build ?

FYI, i have moved back to RC4 and will give it time till it settles down and day one has not been all that bad for me as yet. I will post the findings tomorrow when the settling period would finish.
    Last edited by maxx71; 08-30-12 at 08:45 AM.
    ifraser and fahar like this.
    08-30-12 08:42 AM
    I just had a question, when a Official OS is released one is told to let it settle for approx a week before assumptions of how good or bad it is for an individual, in this case (RC4) we all were very eager to get back to earlier versions in a couple of days or so, ain't that harsh on the built ?

FYI, i have moved back to RC4 and will give it time till it settle down and day one has not been all that bad for me as yet. I will post the findings tomrrow when the settling period would finish.
    I have stuck with RC4B since install last Friday PM.

It has been reliable, quick and smooth.

I am a medium to light user and battery life has not been an issue for me. Curently sitting at 92% after 6 hours since power up today. 4 days since last battery pull and memory loss 0.8mb.

The progression from RC1 to RC4B took place in such a relatively short period of time that no one has really given any of the builds a real good run. RC1 only dropped on the 26th July !!!

Don't get me wrong, I will be one of the first to load RC5 when it appears because after all, we are all striving for perfection one step at a time.

As far as I am concerned, every one of these builds has surpassed any "official" OS I have used, and other than .437 and .649 that is all of them.

Credit to Zocs and Ian.
    08-30-12 08:56 AM
    I have stuck with RC4B since install last Friday PM.

It has been reliable, quick and smooth.

The progression from RC1 to RC4B took place in such a relatively short period of time that no one has really given any of the builds a real good run. RC1 only dropped on the 26th July !!!

Don't get me wrong, I will be one of the first to load RC5 when it appears because after all, we are all striving for perfection one step at a time.

As far as I am concerned, every one of these builds has surpassed any "official" OS I have used, and other than .437 and .649 that is all of them.

Credit to Zocs and Ian.
    I agree hands down !
    Since the day i loaded the RC2 on my 9790 and saw its Awesome performance, i have been a big Enthusiastic Fan of Zocs and his team. I have had better performance in both my devices since loading them with this hybrid in comparison with the Offical or leaked versions.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-30-12 09:08 AM
    I agree hands down !
    Since the day i loaded the RC2 on my 9790 and saw its Awesome performance, i have been a big Enthusiastic Fan of Zocs and his team. I have had better performance in both my devices since loading them with this hybrid in comparison with the Offical or leaked versions.
    I don't really see how the speed or smoothness can be appreciably improved, these builds have nailed those areas.

Hopefully Zocs can magic up some improvements to power management to improve battery life for the heavy users amongs us.
    maxx71 and ifraser like this.
    08-30-12 09:17 AM
    I'm new to the installation of hybrids and such. I downloaded the RC3 Java file and the .569 base for the 9360. After I installed and replaced the .523 sfi from the first post, I replaced the Java folder as well. I then wiped my decive and proceeded to load. I got some message saying how there is no update for my device and I'm stuck with a error 507.

Help please!!
    08-30-12 09:33 AM
    I'm new to the installation of hybrids and such. I downloaded the RC3 Java file and the .569 base for the 9360. After I installed and replaced the .523 sfi from the first post, I replaced the Java folder as well. I then wiped my decive and proceeded to load. I got some message saying how there is no update for my device and I'm stuck with a error 507.

Help please!!
    The sfi file that you took from the first page is for the 9900. Please pick the RC3 for other devices for the correct JAVA files.
    Please install a fresh .569 base and also the .523 OS and copy the sfi from there and save it with the RC3 folder>you then need to remove the vendor file from the .569 base>copy the RC3 java and paste it over the base .569 java> replace the .569sfi with the .523 sfi you have saved earlier and you should be good to go.
    ifraser and Brxvo like this.
    08-30-12 09:42 AM
    The sfi file that you took from the first page is for the 9900. Please pick the RC3 for other devices for the correct JAVA files.
    Please install a fresh .569 base and also the .523 OS and copy the sfi from there and save it with the RC3 folder>you then need to remove the vendor file from the .569 base>copy the RC3 java and paste it over the base .569 java> replace the .569sfi with the .523 sfi you have saved earlier and you should be good to go.
    Thanks Again! I'll try it out and post my findings. One last thing, does the sfi file go into the UMTS folder?
    08-30-12 09:59 AM
    does the sfi file go into the UMTS folder?
    Yes it does.
    Brxvo likes this.
    08-30-12 10:06 AM
    It sure does, the sfi file is the radio file and is the unique file for each phone, as legal said it does stay in the UMTS file for most phones,

and if you have a 9850/9930 then its in the CDMA directory.
    Last edited by ifraser; 08-30-12 at 10:54 AM.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-30-12 10:31 AM
    @maxx71 I tried out what you said but I still get this message "The Blackberry Desktop software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer."

I believe it may have something to do with the Java folder, but I'm comepletly stumped
    Last edited by Brxvo; 08-30-12 at 11:23 AM.
    08-30-12 11:14 AM
    Best bet, Download the latest OS that your happy with for your device, Install it on your pc, extract the Hybrid files into the directory created.
    That will overwrite the java with the hybrid ones and the sfi file is the one that tells Desktop manager what phone you have.

You also might not have removed the vendor.xml files that also brings up that error.

Also try rebooting your phone, i have seen apploader not find the phone model without a reboot.
    Last edited by ifraser; 08-30-12 at 11:26 AM.
    Brxvo likes this.
    08-30-12 11:24 AM
    Best bet, Download the latest OS that your happy with for your device, Install it on your pc, extract the Hybrid files into the directory created.
    That will overwrite the java with the hybrid ones and the sfi file is the one that tells Desktop manager what phone you have.

You also might not have removed the vendor.xml files that also brings up that error.

Also try rebooting your phone, i have seen apploader not find the phone model without a reboot.
    Thanks for all your help. Now my problem is getting this hybrid to load. My phone keeps giving me endless bootloops and won't start up. The bar gets to about 2/3rds of the way, then restarts the phone. Any suggestions?
    08-30-12 01:17 PM
    Thanks for all your help. Now my problem is getting this hybrid to load. My phone keeps giving me endless bootloops and won't start up. The bar gets to about 2/3rds of the way, then restarts the phone. Any suggestions?
    Did you copy and paste the content of the changed java into the freshly installed OS or did you delete the OS java and put the changed content into the java folder?
    ifraser likes this.
    08-30-12 01:20 PM
    Did you copy and paste the content of the changed java into the freshly installed OS or did you delete the OS java and put the changed content into the java folder?
    I deleted what was there and replaced it
    08-30-12 01:28 PM
    hi zoc

i wonder if you have any news about OS6
    i used all of ur hybirds from BL 4 to the beta Ultimate OS6
    i know you are the master of the hybirds
    08-30-12 01:32 PM
    I deleted what was there and replaced it
    Fresh install OS, copy and paste changed java, then shrink. No wonder it was on a endless loop, as it's only some modules that are there being loaded.
    ifraser and Brxvo like this.
    08-30-12 01:33 PM
    Fresh install OS, copy and paste changed java, then shrink. No wonder it was on a endless loop, as it's only some modules that are there being loaded.
    OHH! Silly me
    I'll retry again
    08-30-12 01:41 PM
10,888 ... 7778798081 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD