The problem I have is that after restoring her backup,the groups on bbm do not pull through. even after requesting the admins of the group to remove her from the group to remove her and re invite, the groups do not update.
    I too had this problem very recently & there was no way the Groups would restore even with DM, a full wipe and what not.
    Hate to intrude here as an OS6 user but, sharing my experience in this issue hopefully might help if not give another point of view.

Groups: you possibly didnt backup and restore with the connections off. The group needs to be restored before the handset re-registers to the BB network otherwise this tends to screw up the rejoin.
    The whole problem starts if the Radio is not set to OFF when one goes for any OS upgrades. Radio should be OFF till full restore, then 1 manual batt pull and only then - switch back ON the Radio and things would be good again.
    Ever since encountered BBM groups failing to restore, I followed the procedure of ALWAYS doing backup & restore with radio off similar to the suggestions, unfortunately problem would still come up in one or two times of hybrid upgrade causing me to believe that radio off procedure is not the issue.

To prove my point, this 3-day old hybrid installed in Kepler was backup, installed & restored with radio on all the time. I was in a hurry & simply forgot to turn radio off & guess what? BBM groups were restored without missing any recent chats in them!

Its generally seen that if the groups have acted funny to restore, the problem WILL NOT eradicate unless you deactivate the Group & ask the Group Admin to re-invite you once again.
    Looks like this is the most convenient solution as against hybrid OS reinstall or selective restore of BBM groups.

There are reports that our network here in SA was down that evening. Could this have cause the restoration process to go faulty?
    I think you are right to suspect that the problem was network related.

To prove my point again, since encountering the issues: after full data restore -> reboot, turn on radio, set it to 3G to get maximum network speed at the same time to register device to provider, turn on WiFi & wait for BB data to use it instead of 3G (BB icon/logo moves from 3G to WiFi signal icon) let the device settle for some time before opening BBM. The waiting time is well spent updating apps & re-entry of licensed apps keys. After another reboot will open BBM & never experienced BBM groups restore failure anymore (fingers crossed).

It seems WiFi speed aids in speeding up downloading & sync of group members profiles and should there be WiFi problems it can always fall back to using 3G to continue profile sync. For users with good 3G mobile network speed & no network issues, turning on WiFi may not be necessary.

Just sharing ...
    08-29-12 11:01 AM
    Hey guys excuse the noobish question but just wanted to confirm if the mobile hotspot is supposed to show under manage connections. Before applying the RC4 on the leaked .649, the mobile hotspot was there but after doing the necessary, it doesn't show under manange connections ?

Thanks
    08-29-12 11:12 AM
    Hey guys excuse the noobish question but just wanted to confirm if the mobile hotspot is supposed to show under manage connections. Before applying the RC4 on the leaked .649, the mobile hotspot was there but after doing the necessary, it doesn't show under manange connections ?

Thanks
    Mobile Hotspot is indeed included in the OS as this is an important part of the OS now.

It is possible to have removed the files in a shrink if you have done one on top
    of Zoc shrunk OS
    08-29-12 11:27 AM
    I copy and pasted everything from the RC4 folder into my old .523 folder after deleting all the old .523 folder contents and the OS is awesome.

I just don't know what happened to my visual voicemail. I still get the notification, but then I get a weird text from AT&T. Then I have to dial my voicemail to listen to messages.

Did I do something wrong?
    08-29-12 01:30 PM
    I'm going to give RC4 another run, I can't seem to send MMS messages. I get an X failed to send message it is starting to tick me off lol. Will reload and see what ensues.
    08-29-12 03:10 PM
    I'm going to give RC4 another run, I can't seem to send MMS messages. I get an X failed to send message it is starting to tick me off lol. Will reload and see what ensues.
    resend your service books to your phone, if you cant do it yourself ask your carrier to do it, happens sometimes that they get corrupted.
    deezy87 likes this.
    08-29-12 03:58 PM
    That was going to be my next step lol. I'll try that, thanks for the tip!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    ifraser likes this.
    08-29-12 04:00 PM
    We have a full RC3 and RC4 option, If you already have a reasonably high OS as the base for your RC2 (523 etc) Then you would be able to just download the newer version and extract it over the directory that you had RC2 in. Whether you delete everything in the directory or not is up to you.
    Had trouble getting windows 7 to recognise it, but when i tried it on a vista machine everything went well, seems to be good so far and ill see how it is over the next week.
    Thanks for your help
    08-29-12 04:08 PM
    ok, wont be anything to do with the windows version, more the placement of the BB OS files. Hope it goes well now you have manage to load it.
    08-29-12 04:31 PM
    Is the RC4 of this hybrid available for the 9810?
    08-29-12 06:04 PM
    Hi

Can I combine .569 base + RC4 + .523 sfi for 9900?

Thanks
    ifraser likes this.
    08-29-12 08:46 PM
    Mobile Hotspot is indeed included in the OS as this is an important part of the OS now.

It is possible to have removed the files in a shrink if you have done one on top
    of Zoc shrunk OS
    is it possible to add Radio FM?
    08-29-12 09:23 PM
    Hi

Can I combine .569 base + RC4 + .523 sfi for 9900?

Thanks
    yes you can.
    08-29-12 09:39 PM
    Hate to intrude here as an OS6 user but, sharing my experience in this issue hopefully might help if not give another point of view.

Ever since encountered BBM groups failing to restore, I followed the procedure of ALWAYS doing backup & restore with radio off similar to the suggestions, unfortunately problem would still come up in one or two times of hybrid upgrade causing me to believe that radio off procedure is not the issue.

To prove my point, this 3-day old hybrid installed in Kepler was backup, installed & restored with radio on all the time. I was in a hurry & simply forgot to turn radio off & guess what? BBM groups were restored without missing any recent chats in them!

Looks like this is the most convenient solution as against hybrid OS reinstall or selective restore of BBM groups.

I think you are right to suspect that the problem was network related.

To prove my point again, since encountering the issues: after full data restore -> reboot, turn on radio, set it to 3G to get maximum network speed at the same time to register device to provider, turn on WiFi & wait for BB data to use it instead of 3G (BB icon/logo moves from 3G to WiFi signal icon) let the device settle for some time before opening BBM. The waiting time is well spent updating apps & re-entry of licensed apps keys. After another reboot will open BBM & never experienced BBM groups restore failure anymore (fingers crossed).

It seems WiFi speed aids in speeding up downloading & sync of group members profiles and should there be WiFi problems it can always fall back to using 3G to continue profile sync. For users with good 3G mobile network speed & no network issues, turning on WiFi may not be necessary.

Just sharing ...

Turn the radio off and DO NOT unplug your data cable during the process: back up your data, wipe your phone , install new OS/Hybrid, restore your data, open up your ввм�(you'll see the list of all your ввм� contacts n groups) , unplug your data cable, do a battery pull and finally turn the radio on.

ifraser likes this.
    08-29-12 11:17 PM
    Turn the radio off and DO NOT unplug your data cable during the process: back up your data, wipe your phone , install new OS/Hybrid, restore your data, open up your ввм�(you'll see the list of all your ввм� contacts n groups) , unplug your data cable, do a battery pull and finally turn the radio on.

I always done like your tutorial above, still sometimes, the group wont restore.
    08-29-12 11:24 PM
    is it possible to add Radio FM?
    Nope... that's hardware not software, and the 9900/9930 doesn't have it.
    ifraser likes this.
    08-29-12 11:32 PM

of Zoc shrunk OS
    That's very interesting because I loaded the same shrunk files on another bold 9900 and that has mobile hotspot whereas mine does not show for some reason....
    08-29-12 11:33 PM
    I am guessing that your provider may not be allowing Hotspot I have heard of a few people not having the option.
    08-30-12 02:42 AM
    I always done like your tutorial above, still sometimes, the group wont restore.
    If you do it properly, there is no need to restore bbm group, they all will be there as soon as you open up your bbm (before you do battery pull and turn the radio on), after you turn the radio on, your bbm will only updates your bbm contacts and groups status....
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-30-12 04:09 AM
    If you do it properly, there is no need to restore bbm group, they all will be there as soon as you open up your bbm (before you do battery pull and turn the radio on), after you turn the radio on, your bbm will only updates your bbm contacts and groups status....
    ok, let's give it a try on upcoming RC5.

just realize that you don't do pullbat directly after installing new os. all recommend me to do pull batt after instal os, another pullbat after restoring data.
    08-30-12 05:19 AM
    That works for me will, just as long as you dont turn the connections on before restoring your data for BBM.
    08-30-12 05:37 AM
    How is RC5 coming along?
    08-30-12 06:21 AM
    hi guys, any possibilities to use this hybrid with blackberry bold 9790?
    08-30-12 06:23 AM
    hi guys, any possibilities to use this hybrid with blackberry bold 9790?
    Yes, you can use the RC2 or 3 for other devices.
    You would need to download base of either 7.1.0.523 or .569 and copy the java file into the OS java.
    08-30-12 06:33 AM
    How is RC5 coming along?
    RC5?? Currently RC4 is the one you want, the only OS we have to play with
    is being looked at but nothing in concrete yet that we can test never mine release

Just be patient and enjoy the current versions, we will keep you up to date as soon as there is a change.
    maxx71 and deezy87 like this.
    08-30-12 06:44 AM
10,888 ... 7677787980 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD