Hi.. New to Custom Builds so need some help. At the moment on 9900/7.1.0.649 but the battery life is plain murder.. Well averaging 33% a hour the way I'm going anyways.. Need some help on how to make my blackberry more power efficient by installing a custom build. Thanks for the help very much appriciated.
    08-28-12 08:16 PM
    Hi.. New to Custom Builds so need some help. At the moment on 9900/7.1.0.649 but the battery life is plain murder.. Well averaging 33% a hour the way I'm going anyways.. Need some help on how to make my blackberry more power efficient by installing a custom build. Thanks for the help very much appriciated.
    downloads this Full RC4 for Bold 9900 ,install at pc on OS location,replace all with the new one, than backup device , wiped , install this hybrid .... all with network off
    08-28-12 11:02 PM
    End of the third day with RC4 and ADR -3.4% when idle...too much. When back to official 7.1.0.569. I did notice after switching back, that profile volume levels on RC4 seem to be 2 to 3 notches lower.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-28-12 11:03 PM
    Good day guys. i have a question that is off topic and hope you guys can assist me. If not could someone point me in the right direction please.

I have loaded a standard Os on my girls 9700. The problem I have is that after restoring her backup,the groups on bbm do not pull through. even after requesting the admins of the group to remove her from the group to remove her and re invite, the groups do not update. With the few groups that did pull through, the picture function on these groups do not show, although there are pictures loaded on the group.

There are reports that our network here in SA was down that evening. Could this have cause the restoration process to go faulty?

Would restoring the last backup perhaps pull the groups through if it was a network prob?

Thanks
    08-29-12 01:55 AM
    Groups: you possibly didnt backup and restore with the connections off. The group needs to be restored before the handset re-registers to the BB network otherwise this tends to screw up the rejoin.

If you are lucky leaving the phone to settle the groups will recreate ok but this doesnt always happen.
    maxx71 and dj_pavo like this.
    08-29-12 03:04 AM
    Groups: you possibly didnt backup and restore with the connections off. The group needs to be restored before the handset re-registers to the BB network otherwise this tends to screw up the rejoin.

If you are lucky leaving the phone to settle the groups will recreate ok but this doesnt always happen.
    I did backup with the connections off. Its possible that i did not restore the same way though. i have left it for a day to settle, however this has not solved the issue. So best bet would be to switch off the connections and restore the backup once more?

Would it be better to try this via DM or through bbm backup?

Thanks Ian
    08-29-12 03:30 AM
    I did backup with the connections off. Its possible that i did not restore the same way though. i have left it for a day to settle, however this has not solved the issue. So best bet would be to switch off the connections and restore the backup once more?

Would it be better to try this via DM or through bbm backup?

Thanks Ian
    Yes, you could try the restore the data once again with the connections off but now that the phone has registered with the network it may not be any different,

The other option would be to wipe again, then restore the last backup but that depends how much the user has done on the handset since the backup was taken. And DM is probably the best bet.
    maxx71 and dj_pavo like this.
    08-29-12 03:42 AM
    is anyone backlight staying on unecessarily?!?
    08-29-12 03:56 AM
    is anyone backlight staying on unecessarily?!?
    Not the backlight though but I used have the network light staying on when i connected to bluetooth on RC4, now that i have reverted back to RC3 the issue stands cured.
    08-29-12 04:10 AM
    Yes, you could try the restore the data once again with the connections off but now that the phone has registered with the network it may not be any different,

The other option would be to wipe again, then restore the last backup but that depends how much the user has done on the handset since the backup was taken. And DM is probably the best bet.
    I will try it that way and let you know.

Thanks again.
    08-29-12 04:11 AM
    Not the backlight though but I used have the network light staying on when i connected to bluetooth on RC4, now that i have reverted back to RC3 the issue stands cured.
    @ria: No my backlight tends to only stay on for 30 secs or so for battery saving, only time it stays on for longer is in bedside mode when its sitting on the charger stand.

@maxx: thats an odd issue, my network light flashes when i am in signal but never stays on constant at all. And it cant be version of OS related as I have had them all on with the same configuration.
    08-29-12 04:47 AM
    @maxx: thats an odd issue, my network light flashes when i am in signal but never stays on constant at all. And it cant be version of OS related as I have had them all on with the same configuration.
    @Ian, that was an odd issue i did mention a couple of days back (ADR while on blutooth was more).
    Yeah that's pretty odd but since RC3 is back the issue dissapeared.

I also feel that the it might a bluetooth device related issue, i saw it while driving to work in the morning but in office i reverted back to RC3 and did a reconfig. with bluetooth settings hence can't be sure.
    Last edited by maxx71; 08-29-12 at 07:20 AM.
    08-29-12 05:27 AM
    As for the freezing issues, that is difficult to call, I am now on 6 days with RC4 Using 523 and havent had one freeze (apart from BBM Lag from Groups)

Did you do a full wipe using bbsak or bbh-tool before installing the hybrid? I have spoken to a number of folk who didnt and the fresh install seemed to fix the issues.

As Zoc says, each version has its own good points and with the 634 java now on its way to him hopefully RC5 might be appearing soon.
    I did full wipe.
    I get the feeling it is the base .649 that causing the problem.
    08-29-12 05:51 AM
    Could have been but the RC4 Archive will replace all the required 649 files anyway
    08-29-12 05:56 AM
    I'll do another fresh install then..
    08-29-12 06:43 AM
    It's been approx 24 hrs since i reverted back to RC3 and i have beaten the living daylights of my device and it still has 63% left in it:

Approx 150 bbm
    17 calls ( one of them was a 50 minute con call and three others were more than 15 mins each)
    Was connected to bluetooth device for 1 hr 50 mins
    More than a 100 mails and 25 sms.

What a stark contrast to RC4 and it is still is settling period.

For those intrested, i have take RC3 on a .569 base and .523sfi.

Rocking !!!!!!
    08-29-12 07:28 AM
    i went back to rc2 :$ was happy with that so will stay on this til i see what rc5 brings
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-29-12 07:58 AM
    i went back to rc2 :$ was happy with that so will stay on this til i see what rc5 brings
    As Zocs had mentioned yesterday that whatever works for your device !
    As for Legal and Ian, RC4 has worked well and RC3 has worked well for me.

Hope we see RC5 soon !
    ria__x likes this.
    08-29-12 08:15 AM

Its generally seen that if the groups have acted funny to restore, the problem WILL NOT eradicate unless you deactivate the Group & ask the Group Admin to re-invite you once again.

I too had this problem very recently & there was no way the Groups would restore even with DM, a full wipe and what not.

It should ... but then in reality, it doesn't. The whole problem starts if the Radio is not set to OFF when one goes for any OS upgrades. Radio should be OFF till full restore, then 1 manual batt pull and only then - switch back ON the Radio and things would be good again.

this is my 2 cents learnt the hard way .....
    maxx71 and ReBeL25 like this.
    08-29-12 08:22 AM
    Its generally seen that if the groups have acted funny to restore, the problem WILL NOT eradicate unless you deactivate the Group & ask the Group Admin to re-invite you once again.

I too had this problem very recently & there was no way the Groups would restore even with DM, a full wipe and what not.

It should ... but then in reality, it doesn't. The whole problem starts if the Radio is not set to OFF when one goes for any OS upgrades. Radio should be OFF till full restore, then 1 manual batt pull and only then - switch back ON the Radio and things would be good again.

this is my 2 cents learnt the hard way .....
    Good Tip !
    Though i have never had this issue, my BBM automatically restores itself.Lucky me
    08-29-12 08:39 AM
    It seems that i should stay with RC3 and not take the plunge with RC4. I haven't tried RC2 though.

I'm on RC3 and i see fluctuation with my network bars all the time..anyone also experiencing this?

I used the .523 sfi from official and not the one with zac's build.

I'm planning to do a complete wipe and then reload RC3 or 4.
    Need some clarification as to i do a wipe via BBSAK and then will the loader work or need to use BBSAK only (never used it before).

My battery is gen between 5-8% even during idle time...why is this?
    Last edited by ybyb; 08-29-12 at 09:04 AM.
    08-29-12 08:48 AM
    Hi Everyone,

I am currently on RC2 i want to move on to RC3, but i dont really understand what to do?
    I have a Bold 9900 so i would use the full os, but do i have to paste anything onto that? Or do i just load the full RC3
    Thanks
    08-29-12 09:15 AM
    We have a full RC3 and RC4 option, If you already have a reasonably high OS as the base for your RC2 (523 etc) Then you would be able to just download the newer version and extract it over the directory that you had RC2 in. Whether you delete everything in the directory or not is up to you.

Then you can just run DM or loader.exe and you should get the request to update.

Of course we do suggest that you do a full wipe to see the best results using bbsak or BBH-tool but make sure you backup 1st. And if you had BBM group turn your connections off.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-29-12 09:25 AM
    It seems that i should stay with RC3 and not take the plunge with RC4. I haven't tried RC2 though.

I'm on RC3 and i see fluctuation with my network bars all the time..anyone also experiencing this?

Need some clarification as to i do a wipe via BBSAK and then will the loader work or need to use BBSAK only (never used it before).

If you are RC3 and have chosen .523sfi then even Zocs mix has the same sfi. Have you tried the .569sfi, it has helped some. It all depends what is good for your region/network carrier.

You can use the BBhtools, in which you can shrink your OS as well. It is available at http://www.theiexplorers.com/. Be sure to back up your data as well via BBSAK.

Battery ADR is dependent on a lot of things like the network coverage in your area, the brightness and backlight time you have set your device, usage pattern etc.
    Last edited by maxx71; 08-29-12 at 09:35 AM.
    08-29-12 09:29 AM

If you want to reload RC3, use SFI from zoc, it's Multilang which is a smaller SFI, and it's better in signal reception.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-29-12 10:52 AM
10,888 ... 7576777879 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD