Sorry lads, RC4 was an experiment with new structure which might work on some and not others.

RC3 is my best work to date, I might put up RC5 with 634 mix and RC3 structure.

Watch this space.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    As it has been said, no need to apologize. Your work is still No1. That is why the "donate" button is 100% at the right spot where it should be. If you need more beta-testers, just whistle.
    ifraser likes this.
    08-28-12 05:26 AM
    I'm with RC4 on .649 on my 9860
    Not really bad with the battery and memory.
    What's bothering me is that my device is frozen almost all the time, not for long (maybe just for 5 seconds, but still it is very annoying. From time to time I have to touch the screen two or three times to execute something.
    I like RC2 on .523 better... but I'd rather wait for RC5...
    08-28-12 05:58 AM
    rc4 works fine for me i did notice a bit of batt drain but just depends on how you use your phone. i only charge once at night and i change my themes frequently, do a about 3 texts a day and 6-10 bbms depending on my popularity lol and about 1 or 2 phonecalls a day
    ifraser likes this.
    08-28-12 06:00 AM
    I'm with RC4 on .649 on my 9860
    Not really bad with the battery and memory.
    What's bothering me is that my device is frozen almost all the time, not for long (maybe just for 5 seconds, but still it is very annoying. From time to time I have to touch the screen two or three times to execute something.
    I like RC2 on .523 better... but I'd rather wait for RC5...
    As for the freezing issues, that is difficult to call, I am now on 6 days with RC4 Using 523 and havent had one freeze (apart from BBM Lag from Groups)

Did you do a full wipe using bbsak or bbh-tool before installing the hybrid? I have spoken to a number of folk who didnt and the fresh install seemed to fix the issues.

As Zoc says, each version has its own good points and with the 634 java now on its way to him hopefully RC5 might be appearing soon.
    Last edited by ifraser; 08-28-12 at 06:24 AM.
    deezy87 likes this.
    08-28-12 06:05 AM
    Touch wood, RC4 doing OK for me on Voda UK

Not a mega busy working day but had 2 hours of travel on Bluetooth, 3 calls and half a dozen e.mails.

ADR 1.6% per hour. Memory loss -0.5mb Battery temp mainly under 20c

No freezing issues or spinning clocks so far.

Happy.
    ifraser, maxx71 and BoldAlways like this.
    08-28-12 06:33 AM
    RC3 was worse than RC4, for me, so I went back to RC2 with 569 base.

what about the sfi .523?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-28-12 07:32 AM
    for the 1st time in my life , i saw ADR reaching 33% with RC4 after 2 days of usage
    with RC3 i had 15% ADR
    now im switching back to RC2 ,, with it i had the best ADR and pefrformance ever

dont get panic of the numbers .. im a heavy user
    and the best ADR i had , which wasx with RC2 ,, was 4%

not that good compared to 0.2% you r having
    but of course , much much better than

BTW .. i used the small 523 SFI in all cases
    08-28-12 07:56 AM
    Ouch you are a heavy user, i hate to know what an official OS was giving you without the changes applied.

As we can all see the amount you use your phone is going to effect the adr and we try to test as heavily as we can.

All I can suggest is keep trying, Always expect at least 1-2days for the OS to settle where the drain levels will be higher than the settled level.
    08-28-12 08:14 AM
    Quick question guys,
    If i remove all the languages (while shrinking OS) would that increase the free memory ?
    FYI, i only use English language !
    08-28-12 08:27 AM
    Ouch you are a heavy user, i hate to know what an official OS was giving you without the changes applied.

As we can all see the amount you use your phone is going to effect the adr and we try to test as heavily as we can.

All I can suggest is keep trying, Always expect at least 1-2days for the OS to settle where the drain levels will be higher than the settled level.
    with official OS i had Dramatic ADR ,, little close to RC4 , had to change the battery . thought it batt prob .. untill i tried the hybrid..
    even thought tht the hot weather im having here in egypt is the reason why i had higher ADR than europe ppl ) LOL

anyway the last official i used was .402 .. thts why i must thank ZOCS and BL team ,, gr8 thnx guys

you dont have to mention tht 2 days thing all the tests i done was for more than 2 days , with the necessary Batt Pulls
    Last edited by 3assiii; 08-28-12 at 08:39 AM.
    08-28-12 08:35 AM
    Quick question guys,
    If i remove all the languages (while shrinking OS) would that increase the free memory ?
    FYI, i only use English language !
    Well, yes
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-28-12 08:36 AM
    Well, yes
    Thanks !
    If i remove all languages except English, how much space will i gain ?
    08-28-12 08:48 AM
    Never mind......approx 97MB
    08-28-12 09:12 AM
    Thanks !
    If i remove all languages except English, how much space will i gain ?
    there already English (US) in the system. so you can delete all the language, except if you using English (UK).
    08-28-12 10:04 AM
    Has anyone encountered an issue with sending as MMS? It appears to have sent it, yet the recipient didn't get the MMS. In text options its set to automatic, and it shows me that I've switched to MMS mode when attaching a picture. I'll do a battery pull and see if that fixes the issue, if anyone can give me some insight that would be greatly appreciated!
    08-28-12 11:40 AM
    Has anyone encountered an issue with sending as MMS? It appears to have sent it, yet the recipient didn't get the MMS. In text options its set to automatic, and it shows me that I've switched to MMS mode when attaching a picture....
    no probs here... had check device recipent setting?
    08-28-12 12:53 PM
    no probs here... had check device recipent setting?
    Check the device I'm sending it to? One is a SGS2 and an iPhone 4s
    08-28-12 12:56 PM
    for the 1st time in my life , i saw ADR reaching 33% with RC4 after 2 days of usage
    with RC3 i had 15% ADR
    now im switching back to RC2 ,, with it i had the best ADR and pefrformance ever

dont get panic of the numbers .. im a heavy user
    and the best ADR i had , which wasx with RC2 ,, was 4%

not that good compared to 0.2% you r having
    but of course , much much better than

BTW .. i used the small 523 SFI in all cases
    That's sweet

I was getting a 20% ADR on rc4

Everyone said that rc2 was better, so installed it...

Its smooth
    9% drain before settling!
    08-28-12 01:10 PM
    I had a little scare last night, I tried to load RC3 over 649 and loader wouldn't show me anything lol. So I downloaded the official 7.1.0.523 and copied Zoc's RC3 full OS and I was back in business.
    08-28-12 01:13 PM
    should i install a previous or wait for rc5 ?
    08-28-12 01:30 PM
    If I were you, I'd hang on to RC4 if it's good then check out RC5 once that puppy is released lol
    08-28-12 01:35 PM
    should i install a previous or wait for rc5 ?

Why would you rollback? I thought RC4 was working well for you.

Hang for RC5...gonna get the donations cranked-up for BL. Keep them motivated!

ifraser likes this.
    08-28-12 01:41 PM
    Why would you rollback? I thought RC4 was working well for you.

Hang for RC5...gonna get the donations cranked-up for BL. Keep them motivated!

i kinda noticed a bit more batt drain and heating up today when using it :$
    08-28-12 01:45 PM
    I installed rc2 on the torch without the jenings alx file..

Will it do any harm?
    08-28-12 01:49 PM
    I installed rc2 on the torch without the jenings alx file..

Will it do any harm?
    I have never used those alx files, I'm sure you should be okay, but then again I'm not an OS genius
    08-28-12 02:24 PM
10,888 ... 7475767778 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD