@will - Phill may be giving you false hope, these OS`s are usually spotted a good while before they appear,

I can remember OS`s in the 600`s spotted months ago.

When something appears we will start the process again, until then please enjoy the current releases.
    08-27-12 06:15 AM
    Lol got a feeling though it will be a while before a new official is released ...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    ria__x and ifraser like this.
    08-27-12 06:22 AM
    Lol got a feeling though it will be a while before a new official is released ...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    good, RC4 is good enough for me
    08-27-12 06:36 AM
    Anyone have the vad install files?
    For OS6
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    08-27-12 06:47 AM
    Anyone have the vad install files?
    For OS6
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    The brew for OS 6 is still being worked on...sit tight it will be worth your patience
    08-27-12 07:56 AM

The latest spotted is .679 now. They're all on my twitter if you're interested

Last edited by theonecid; 08-27-12 at 08:13 AM.
    08-27-12 08:09 AM
    oh my god,i wish i had a gun...straight .649 is a nighmare to me..
    seen 658 spotted, but i instal RC4B...oohh well,it's wery wery great,isn't it ?
    I think you'll find that most here have found the same - 649 was a real dud. We all have to jump on the new OS's don't we. It's in our blood. When I saw that the BL team and other really experienced knowledgable people on this thread were saying the same thing, it was time to move back to BL Ultimate. I'm so impressed with the Berrylicious team. I don't know the whole team but it goes without saying that Zocster and Ian know the OS intimately and I seriously trust their comments and the result of their work.
    Legal Eagle, BoldAlways and fahar like this.
    08-27-12 09:11 AM
    The RC4 is way better. My unit boots up less than 30 seconds, also the battery life is more better. Thanks Zocster!
    ifraser and fahar like this.
    08-27-12 09:13 AM
    I think you'll find that most here have found the same - 649 was a real dud. We all have to jump on the new OS's don't we. It's in our blood. When I saw that the BL team and other really experienced knowledgable people on this thread were saying the same thing, it was time to move back to BL Ultimate. I'm so impressed with the Berrylicious team. I don't know the whole team but it goes without saying that Zocster and Ian know the OS intimately and I seriously trust their comments and the result of their work.

Thanks Sheldon, In all fairness Zocster does the hard work with the OS, after
    starting the RC4 build off for him the last time I have no idea how much time must be devoted to creating the quality OS`s that we have seen. Lots!!!

Thanks again and we will try to keep the support going and new Releases once RIM get
    their fingers out.
    08-27-12 09:25 AM
    @ Ian,

I did install the RC4 around 48 hours back and yesterday on idle it was giving around 1.4 ADR but today after reasonable use ADR is around 14%. I have followed Zocs schedule for battery pulls/charging overnight etc.
    Is that normal behaviour for the device ?
    08-27-12 09:37 AM
    @ Ian,

I did install the RC4 around 48 hours back and yesterday on idle it was giving around 1.4 ADR but today after reasonable use ADR is around 14%. I have followed Zocs schedule for battery pulls/charging overnight etc.
    Is that normal behaviour for the device ?
    If you`re using Meterberry, it gives fudged up adr readings. I use Meterberry for the memory monitor, and temp. Stick to the device analyzer for proper battery readings.
    08-27-12 09:45 AM
    If you`re using Meterberry, it gives fudged up adr readings. I use Meterberry for the memory monitor, and temp. Stick to the device analyzer for proper battery readings.
    The reading i did mention was from the device analyzer but is this normal behaviour for the device ?
    08-27-12 09:49 AM
    It could be the device analyser reading. Or it could also be the signal you are in.

You get day where your battery life can fluctuate.

Also, what sfi did you use when you installed it?

Currently mine is at 4.09% but yesterday I had under 2% with the same sort of usage.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    Last edited by ifraser; 08-27-12 at 09:53 AM.
    08-27-12 09:51 AM
    I'm on RC3 as of now and haven't noticed any change in battery performance per say.
    I get about 10am-11pm usage which is same a before. however Meterberry says my drain rate between 2 to 8% during idle state as well....

Yesterday my phone was barely usable and hung a lot. I didn't have any open apps and the memory was 100mb free...

will be trying the RC4 tonight though. Just wanted to know about the schedule for battery pulls/charging overnight. I couldn't find it in the thread or maybe lost it in all the posts.
    08-27-12 09:54 AM
    3 days in since install

Followed Zocs battery pull schedule

Last pull yesterday afternoon followed by full charge

Off charge 8:42 pm Sunday Now 3:52pm Monday

Light use (bank holiday in UK so no work) odd call and a few e.mails

Battery 88% ADR 0.6% Memory Loss 0.4mb Average Battery Temp 18c

Well happy to say the least.
    maxx71, BigwhiteUK and fahar like this.
    08-27-12 09:55 AM
    It could be the device analyser reading. Or it could also be the signal you are in.

You get day where your battery life can fluctuate.

Also, what sfi did you use when you installed it?

Currently mine is at 4.09% but yesterday I had under 2% with the same sort of usage.

I did install the .523sfi . I did use it a little more today than yesterday and another thing i noticed it tends to use more battery while the bluetooth is in use ( i used it for approx hour and a half), is that normal ?
    08-27-12 10:06 AM
    3 days in since install

Followed Zocs battery pull schedule

Last pull yesterday afternoon followed by full charge

Off charge 8:42 pm Sunday Now 3:52pm Monday

Light use (bank holiday in UK so no work) odd call and a few e.mails

Battery 88% ADR 0.6% Memory Loss 0.4mb Average Battery Temp 18c

Well happy to say the least.
    Please tell me how is Zocs battery pull schedule? Thanks
    08-27-12 10:10 AM
    I'm on RC3 as of now and haven't noticed any change in battery performance per say.
    I get about 10am-11pm usage which is same a before. however Meterberry says my drain rate between 2 to 8% during idle state as well....

Yesterday my phone was barely usable and hung a lot. I didn't have any open apps and the memory was 100mb free...

will be trying the RC4 tonight though. Just wanted to know about the schedule for battery pulls/charging overnight. I couldn't find it in the thread or maybe lost it in all the posts.
    Battery pull schedule as i understood :
    One battery pull after installation of OS and apps.
    Charge the phone overnight.
    Next 2 days 4 battery pulls (gap at least more than 8 hours between them)
    piziyu2005 likes this.
    08-27-12 10:10 AM
    I`ve been beating the sh!t out of my device on RC4 will post my ADR readings via device analyzer here....2.49% I don`t think that`s quite right though. Will report back at the end of the work day!
    08-27-12 10:13 AM
    Battery pull schedule as i understood :
    One battery pull after installation of OS and apps.
    Charge the phone overnight.
    Next 2 days 4 battery pulls (gap at least more than 8 hours between them)
    If my memory serves me right Zocs recommended:

1 after restore apps

1 before bed on day of install with overnight charge

X 2 for next 2 days.
    deezy87 and piziyu2005 like this.
    08-27-12 10:14 AM
    I do the battery pulls after manually installing all my apps and third party programs, then 2 times a day sometimes 3 with 6 hours in between pulls.
    08-27-12 10:16 AM
    2.49% is pretty much what mine was idling at yesterday during the day.

We have a suggested battery pull schedule but wouldn't stay it has to be as we say.

I do a

reboot before install

Reboot after os

Reboot after apps

Reboot after data restore.

1 reboot before bed when I do a full charge.

This tends to be the way I always work. And it works well also with the BL Hybrids.

08-27-12 10:18 AM
    If my memory serves me right Zocs recommended:

1 after restore apps

1 before bed on day of install with overnight charge

X 2 for next 2 days.
    My bad in that case, i was following the schedule that i mentioned.
    08-27-12 10:18 AM
    2.49% is pretty much what mine was idling at yesterday during the day.

We have a suggested battery pull schedule but wouldn't stay it has to be as we say.

I do a

reboot before install

Reboot after os

Reboot after apps

Reboot after data restore.

1 reboot before bed when I do a full charge.

This tends to be the way I always work. And it works well also with the BL Hybrids.

@ Ian, so no battery pulls over the next two days required ?
    08-27-12 10:21 AM
    As I said in the previous post. That is my own schedule.

I do occasionally reboot it I feel required.

Once your phone has indexed itself a battery pull is best then.

maxx71 likes this.
    08-27-12 10:24 AM
10,888 ... 7172737475 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD